Southwest Park Ticket Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I'd like to purchase the tickets and retain them until that trip just in case something happens and that trip doesn't happen.
2. Can I purchase the tickets and put them all in my name on MDE and then reassign them once we are sure they're going?
3. Some referenced a fake name but is there a way to remove a name from your MDE later?
4. I actually have kids linked on my MDE from a couple years ago that I'd like to remove if that's possible.
1. OK.
2. Yes.
3. & 4. There is no real NEED to remove names, fake or real, from your account,
but if you just WANT to do so, follow the instructions from the WDW site HERE.

Last edited:
First, everyone keeps talking about parksavers.com but every ticket option I have compared, touringplans.com > official ticketing center is cheaper.
I don't know how much Official Ticketing Center is, but Parksavers use to be cheaper than they are now. I paid $389 per 7 day PH in July and $370 in February.

Worked great for me, thank you so much for posting! I was all set to buy 5 day base tickets from UT- this got me 6 day hoppers for $80 more total for all 4 of us!

I entered the dates as Nov 1-7 last night, and got my code at 10:13 this AM. All linked up to my MDE account. Thanks again!

Would there be any problem if I got these tickets and then upgraded to an AP with getting the 13 for 12 annual pass deal? Or would they not let me get that with an upgrade?

Purchased 2 6 day tickets this morning. Got the 2 emails immediately, expecting the 3rd tomorrow at 10:15.

Would there be any problem if I got these tickets and then upgraded to an AP with getting the 13 for 12 annual pass deal? Or would they not let me get that with an upgrade?

You can certainly do that if you do the upgrade within the time that the 13-month AP promotion is available.
You'll get the full value of a new 6-day ticket purchased at WDW in the upgrade transaction.

"I don't know how much Official Ticketing Center is, but Parksavers use to be cheaper than they are now. I paid $389 per 7 day PH in July and $370 in February."
We had tickets in August from Parksavers- 7 day WPFand M, hoppers, for $383. Was that crazy unusual? I don't recall ever seeing such a long thread about tickets as this- what's going on?

Go to Guest Relations > Hand them your MB > Tell them you want to upgrade the linked ticket to the AP of your choice > make sure the amount they give you is:
Chosen AP price minus full/gate price of a 6-day ticket.

Hi! When you say full/gate price does that mean it includes tax so $451.56 value (6 day PH) as opposed to the pre-tax price ($424)? I don't know why my brain can't figure this out! I'm wanting to upgrade to AP's so trying to figure out if Southwest 6 day ticket or Park Savers 7 day ticket is a better deal for doing that.

Hi! When you say full/gate price does that mean it includes tax so $451.56 value (6 day PH) as opposed to the pre-tax price ($424)? I don't know why my brain can't figure this out! I'm wanting to upgrade to AP's so trying to figure out if Southwest 6 day ticket or Park Savers 7 day ticket is a better deal for doing that.
Well, they will factor in tax for the full price ticket when calculating the difference as there is a substantial amount of tax for an AP ~ meaning they will only tax you on the difference to upgrade.

Purchased two 6 day base tickets last night. Received the final email with the ticket number this morning at 10:15. I just added the tickets to my MDE account and everything linked up easy. Thanks to the OP for posting this.

Now for my question. We'll be spending 7 days in the parks so I'll be adding a day to the tickets when we get to WDW. I have other unused tickets linked to my MDE account. They are currently under a dummy name. My original plan was to just not pre-book FP+ for one of our days until we got to WDW and added the extra day to the tickets, but I could move the other unused tickets over to our real names and make the 7th day of FP+ at 60 days out. Is my best option to add the 7th day to the tickets we will be using before entering the park the first time and then immediately transfer the tickets we aren't using back to the dummy name? And I can add the extra day at the concierge desk at the resort, correct? It's been a while since I've made ticket changes at the resort but I'm assuming that ability hasn't changed.

I could move the other unused tickets over to our real names and make the 7th day of FP+ at 60 days out. Is my best option to add the 7th day to the tickets we will be using before entering the park the first time and then immediately transfer the tickets we aren't using back to the dummy name?
Yes. And another option is to reassign/move the "old" tickets back to the dummy name before you add Day #7 to your SWA tickets.

Your FPs remain intact as they remain valid for up to 1 1/2 days without an attached ticket entitlement. In this way, you ensure that Day #7 gets added to the correct SWA ticket ~ and your FPs and "old" tickets remain intact.

OK, just took the plunge too. We're planning in going in 2018, but this deal is too good not to jump on. 2 Adult 6 Day base tickets with a Nov 13 date entered. Just got the first two emails, will see if/when my bar codes come thru. :magnify:

I'm on the Southwest checkout page trying to purchase 4 tickets. Its asking for all 4 traveler names. Why? I will let my daughter bring a friend, but I don't know who that will be yet. Help!

I'm on the Southwest checkout page trying to purchase 4 tickets. Its asking for all 4 traveler names. Why? I will let my daughter bring a friend, but I don't know who that will be yet. Help!
Just put in any 4 names. When you receive the ticket #s, you link them to whoever is in your MDE.

Put any names you want. It doesn't matter. Tickets are transferable until first use, and you can assign these tickets to anyone you want in your MDE account.

Yes. And another option is to reassign/move the "old" tickets back to the dummy name before you add Day #7 to your SWA tickets.

Your FPs remain intact as they remain valid for up to 1 1/2 days without an attached ticket entitlement. In this way, you ensure that Day #7 gets added to the correct SWA ticket ~ and your FPs and "old" tickets remain intact.

Awesome! Thanks for the clarification on that!

Got my final email at 9:15 local time Saturday. Couldn't see the barcode embedded in the email on my phone (but could if I clicked the mime attachment and viewed in Google drive), but right above that is the number you use to link in MDE. I just copied the number and pasted into MDE and then it asked me to assign the tickets to people and done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter