Southwest Park Ticket Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching this thread carefully, as it seems to be a really good deal. I am not going until June (or later) and I do have a few questions that I am hoping someone might be able to answer.

1. I don't see children's tickets. If I buy 2 adult tickets, can 1 be assigned to a child.

2. Has anyone been able to use a SW gift card to purchase these tickets?

Thanks in advance.

Kris

I purchased a 7 day parkhopper with water park option (which I won't use) with the DVC sale back in February. It was $414 with tax for the 7 day PH and it was a decent deal at the time, but it turns out I am only using 6 days of it on my upcoming trip in December. I have already booked my FP+ for 7 days (including MVMCP day when we are not going into another park) with the intention of booking more FP+ with the MVMCP tickets at 30 days out.

I am considering buying this 6 day parkhopper and saving my 7 day parkhopper for a later date when I will use all 7 days and the waterparks option as well (maybe planning a trip in warmer weather). Can anyone tell me just how much this will mess everything up I have pretty much done with my planning? How will I make sure I will use the right ticket if I do this?

I purchased a 7 day parkhopper with water park option (which I won't use) with the DVC sale back in February. It was $414 with tax for the 7 day PH and it was a decent deal at the time, but it turns out I am only using 6 days of it on my upcoming trip in December. I have already booked my FP+ for 7 days (including MVMCP day when we are not going into another park) with the intention of booking more FP+ with the MVMCP tickets at 30 days out.

I am considering buying this 6 day parkhopper and saving my 7 day parkhopper for a later date when I will use all 7 days and the waterparks option as well (maybe planning a trip in warmer weather). Can anyone tell me just how much this will mess everything up I have pretty much done with my planning? How will I make sure I will use the right ticket if I do this?
Buy this ticket and link it to your Profile line.

Then, reassign/move your original ticket to a TicketSaver fake person. Nothing will change except for your TicketSaver profile/line.

Then, reassign/move your original ticket to a TicketSaver fake person. Nothing will change except for your TicketSaver profile/line.
If i have 7 days worth of FP+ booked will I lose any moving to a fake person if the ticket linked to my account is only for 6 days? I'm not sure what TicketSaver is, I ordered the tickets direct from disney. I should go back and read the rest of this thread, i saw people purchasing from there.

If i have 7 days worth of FP+ booked will I lose any moving to a fake person if the ticket linked to my account is only for 6 days? I'm not sure what TicketSaver is, I ordered the tickets direct from disney. I should go back and read the rest of this thread, i saw people purchasing from there.
Yes. All your questions are answered in this thread. Your MVMCP ticket will give you the 7th day.

Move your original ticket 29 days before your trip and all your FPs will be fine.

I have been watching this thread carefully, as it seems to be a really good deal. I am not going until June (or later) and I do have a few questions that I am hoping someone might be able to answer.

1. I don't see children's tickets. If I buy 2 adult tickets, can 1 be assigned to a child.

2. Has anyone been able to use a SW gift card to purchase these tickets?

Thanks in advance.

Kris
If you aren't seeing pricing for children, it's because you didn't add children to the first screen. You have to list the number of adults and the number of children for the correct pricing.

Last edited:
You don't have to enter everyone traveling on the first screen. It will only allow you to enter 4 children on the first screen anyway. As long as you have 1 adult and 1 child on the first screen, you will see the pricing for both on the second, and can select how many tickets you want. I just purchased 4 adult and 5 children and only entered 1 of each on the first screen.

I have read all the threads, and my head is spinning and I just want to make sure that I understand correctly. I need to buy 4 tickets for next September and will be purchasing the 6 day Park Hopper. If I purchase them now, can I pick the tickets up in January for everyone in my party at Guest Services? I will be using two of the tickets to upgrade to a DVC Annual Pass to be used starting in September and the other two will be for my son and DIL who will not be with me in January.

I have read all the threads, and my head is spinning and I just want to make sure that I understand correctly. I need to buy 4 tickets for next September and will be purchasing the 6 day Park Hopper. If I purchase them now, can I pick the tickets up in January for everyone in my party at Guest Services? I will be using two of the tickets to upgrade to a DVC Annual Pass to be used starting in September and the other two will be for my son and DIL who will not be with me in January.
You can just link the tickets to people in your MDE account. You don't need to pick up the plastic tickets - CMs can pull the ticket info off of your MDE account when you need to upgrade.

You can just link the tickets to people in your MDE account. You don't need to pick up the plastic tickets - CMs can pull the ticket info off of your MDE account when you need to upgrade.

Thank you for your quick response. :)

One more quick question. I also have a 1 Day 1 Park ticket left from a convention. When I go to Guest Services to upgrade, will they upgrade from the MDE account and also give me credit for the 1 Day 1 Park ticket? And do you know if you can purchase an AP voucher at the Parks or will they only give you an AP that is valid starting that day?

Guess that was two questions. LOL

1. I also have a 1 Day 1 Park ticket left from a convention.
When I go to Guest Services to upgrade,
2. will they upgrade from the MDE account
3. and also give me credit for the 1 Day 1 Park ticket?
4. And do you know if you can purchase an AP voucher at the Parks or will they only give you an AP that is valid starting that day?

1. Has any part of this ticket ever been used?
2. Yes, from MDE.
3. Not for the purposes of upgrading a single ticket. You cannot combine more than one ticket for an individual upgrade.
One upgrade... one ticket.
4. You CAN buy an AP "certificate" at the parks or TTC or at DS/DTD.
You must ASK for it, and say that you intend to activate it at some time in the future.
If you don't, you will be buying an activated AP.

I just ordered mine. Got 4 emails within minutes. I forgot to set the dates for early November but the dates there were already set for November 13-19. I'm hoping for the barcode tomorrow.

My dilemma Is my son might be 9 or 10 depending on when we go in 2018.
Can a child use an adult ticket? If I choose to only buy all adult tickets?

Regarding this TicketSaver fake person:
1. Are you saying to create a Profile/User/Person called TicketSaver and link all tickets for future use to this one user, or to create multiple TicketSaver profiles, one for each ticket?
2. And then reassign/link each ticket to other real users when we know who will be using the tickets?
3. If one has the money, why not just buy more discounted tickets now, like 5 years worth, to lock in the savings? Any downside to this strategy? The tickets don't expire as long as they haven't been used, correct?

Regarding this TicketSaver fake person:
1. Are you saying to create a Profile/User/Person called TicketSaver and link all tickets for future use to this one user, or to create multiple TicketSaver profiles, one for each ticket?
2. And then reassign/link each ticket to other real users when we know who will be using the tickets?
3. If one has the money, why not just buy more discounted tickets now, like 5 years worth, to lock in the savings?
4. Any downside to this strategy?
5. The tickets don't expire as long as they haven't been used, correct?

1. Either way is fine.
2. Yes.
3. You absolutely can do that.
4. Nobody knows if Disney will change the "kind" of tickets in the future.
But, they have never negated the use of any kind of former guest ticket, even after making changes in the ticket structure.
Also, we don't know if this or any other ticket seller might have a lower-priced option at any time.
5. Correct.

Can I just confirm? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but I don't have to use all the tickets on the same trip, right? I'm just doing 2 days this time around in Nov, but it seems like it would save me a lot of money to just buy this and save the last 4 days for a future trip, which I know will happen sometime in the near future...

Can I just confirm? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but

1. I don't have to use all the tickets on the same trip, right?

2. I'm just doing 2 days this time around in Nov, but it seems like it would save me a lot of money to just buy this and save the last 4 days for a future trip, which I know will happen sometime in the near future...

1. If you mean you want to buy MULTIPLE tickets, but not use all of them on one trip, then, yes, you can do that.

2. But, NO, you CANNOT do THAT.

Any ticket that is activated by using the first day of it, will see all of its unused assets (days) EXPIRE 14 days later.

1. If you mean you want to buy MULTIPLE tickets, but not use all of them on one trip, then, yes, you can do that.

Just figured out that the tickets *wouldn't* work for the usage I'm thinking of then, since it says they expire 14 days after first usage and I was thinking of saving leftover days (I know you used to be able to do that). Thanks for the quick response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter