So Many Characters..So Little Time! Our April Adventure to the World! Complete:)

oh just looking at those pictures makes me sad we gave up our one POP day! I hope the boys aren't too upset, we had requested the 50's.....

Did you have to show receipts to show you'd bought enough to qualify? That's cool they let you do it after the fact, I'll need to remember that!

Love Animal Kingdom :)

We do too!!:) I just wish we would have had more time there this trip.

One of those bittersweet updates. I know the feeling on the last day of a Disney vacation. Of course you are so grateful for such a wonderful trip, but there is that sadness that it's over. And always that yearning to go back! Looks like it's going to be a great AK day!

Oh...it was definitely a bittersweet. I was trying so hard to just concentrate on the day ahead of us in AK and not think about having to leave later that afternoon. But it was hard.....

How fun. I think a lot of people could take or leave AK, but I know it will be a must for our family. my boys LOVE animals. I'll be anxious to see how much you fit into your day with boarding ME at 4 pm. I think we'll try and do something similar.

Love all the pictures of the Tree ;) You really did get some great shots :thumbsup2

I love the pictures of the boys in the 0 of 1950's sign. So cute.

Can't wait to read more.

Thanks!:goodvibes We love AK! It's a must-do for us! We all enjoy seeing the animals and the shows are so wonderful. It would be really hard for us to skip it. I'm sure your boys will love it!!:thumbsup2

Angie, you made me sad with that one last look back at your room. I hate hate hate the last day at Disney. You want so badly to be happy and enjoy your day but knowing that it's the last day is always in the back of your mind.

It looks like your day at Animal Kingdom is off to a good start.

Hi Lisa!:goodvibes Aww..it was definitely in the back of my mind that we were leaving even though I tried very hard to just enjoy our time at AK that morning. Luckily, we had a lot to keep us busy...so that helped.:)

oh just looking at those pictures makes me sad we gave up our one POP day! I hope the boys aren't too upset, we had requested the 50's.....

Did you have to show receipts to show you'd bought enough to qualify? That's cool they let you do it after the fact, I'll need to remember that!

We love POP as you know but I'm sure your boys will be thrilled staying at the WL. (I know mine would!;))

We did have to show our receipts to get the bag at the discounted price. But..we thought it was so great that we could get it after the fact. We did the same thing when we went last year....hmm...I can't remember what we bought though.....:confused3

:sad2: Last day...

I'm glad you are making the most of it at AK!! Can't wait to see what you guys did!

I think the pictures of the two boys with the "Have a Wild Time" sign is just adorable. And that picture of them in front of the TOL is a framer, for sure! :thumbsup2

You can never have too many pics of the Tree of Life.

So sad it's your last day Angie!:sad1::sad1: Great pics of POP! We stayed there back in 2007 and there are so many great things to take pictures of! What a sad sight rolling your suitcases out...:sad1:

LOVE the peek-a-boo picture of the boys with the Animal Kingdom sign! I hope you guys enjoyed your Safari Breakfast!!!:goodvibes

:sad2: Last day...

I'm glad you are making the most of it at AK!! Can't wait to see what you guys did!

Hi Amy!:goodvibes I know....the last day is always so sad!!!:sad2: But, we did have a great last day at AK! Hopefully, I can get another update posted soon.:thumbsup2

I think the pictures of the two boys with the "Have a Wild Time" sign is just adorable. And that picture of them in front of the TOL is a framer, for sure! :thumbsup2

You can never have too many pics of the Tree of Life.

Ahh...Thanks!!!:goodvibes I love those pictures of the boys!:lovestruc Apparently, they were in a picture taking mood at AK because I have lots more to come.:goodvibes

So sad it's your last day Angie!:sad1::sad1: Great pics of POP! We stayed there back in 2007 and there are so many great things to take pictures of! What a sad sight rolling your suitcases out...:sad1:

LOVE the peek-a-boo picture of the boys with the Animal Kingdom sign! I hope you guys enjoyed your Safari Breakfast!!!:goodvibes

Hi Beth!:goodvibes It's so sad...isn't it?:sad2: It kind of feels like we are leaving all over again.:(

There are so many great photo-ops at POP! I was kind of sad that we didn't get to walk around and see everything this trip....especially since we are hoping to try someplace new next time. Oh well, I guess after 4 trips staying there I have enough pictures of everything.:rolleyes1

Safari Breakfast update coming up soon!!:goodvibes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:wave:Hi Everyone!! We just got back from our mini-vacation to Lake George. I wish I could say it was at Disney... but oh well. It was still so much fun! Hopefully, I will get an AK update posted really soon! And maybe share a picture or two from our mini-trip.;) It really is so beautiful there.:goodvibes

Have a great weekend!!:sunny:

Welcome home! Your Pop pictures really have me excited to get back there. (sorry, that's kinda mean being this is your last day and all :rolleyes: )

Oh, the luggage is leaving. That is sad. Such a cute shot of the boys in the zero! I gotta remember to do something like that too. :thumbsup2

Your fav Tree of Life picture is definately worthy of a desktop picture!! Can't wait to walk with you thru the Oasis. popcorn::

Awww, that is such a sad picture of them pulling their suitcases. :sad1: The last day is the worst. I am the same way, usually you are all ready to go in the morning but not on the last day. :sad2:

But...yay for the Animal Kingdom! Glad you got to see the opening show. It is cute but the MK one is definitely the best. Can't wait to hear what you all do there!

Welcome home! Your Pop pictures really have me excited to get back there. (sorry, that's kinda mean being this is your last day and all :rolleyes: )

Oh, the luggage is leaving. That is sad. Such a cute shot of the boys in the zero! I gotta remember to do something like that too. :thumbsup2

Your fav Tree of Life picture is definately worthy of a desktop picture!! Can't wait to walk with you thru the Oasis. popcorn::

Thanks!:goodvibes :laughing: Hey..I would be soooo excited to go back to Pop too! We really do love it there! As much as I say that we want to try someplace new it's going to be so hard...it's such a fun place and the price is always right!:thumbsup2

Aww...watching the luggage roll away was sad..especially knowing we would have to wait a couple years before we could go back.:sad2:

Awww, that is such a sad picture of them pulling their suitcases. :sad1: The last day is the worst. I am the same way, usually you are all ready to go in the morning but not on the last day. :sad2:

But...yay for the Animal Kingdom! Glad you got to see the opening show. It is cute but the MK one is definitely the best. Can't wait to hear what you all do there!

It really was so sad.:sad2: It was the only day all week that I just wanted to hide under the covers instead of get up.:rolleyes1 I guess it's a good thing we had Animal Kingdom planned for that day. We all love touring AK...so at least it gave us one last thing to look forward to.

The opening show was cute! But, I agree! There is nothing like the Magic Kingdom opening show!:cloud9:

Hi again! Before we take our walk in Animal Kingdom, I thought I would go a little off-topic….just for a minute….I promise. I wanted to share a couple pictures of our latest adventure. We took a quick trip to the lake for a few days. We had such a fun time and even managed to take another ride down a lazy river. On our last morning we decided to head down to the beach and just walk along the boardwalk…it was so pretty and peaceful that morning. Here are a few pics I took……
100e3823.jpg

100_3778.jpg

100e3819.jpg

We also visited a nearby theme park/water park and they had a whole Alice and Wonderland display set up. So, of course I had to snap some pictures…here is one of the boys on our way out….
100_3731.jpg

Okay, so now that I’ve shared what we were up to last week….let’s get back to where we were um….let’s see….3 months ago. Was it really that long? It seems like yesterday……..

April 16, 2010---Our Animal Kingdom day….and also our last day.

So after packing up our things, and sadly rolling our suitcases away from our room, it was off to Animal Kingdom for us. Being our last morning, I hadn’t expected us to make such good time getting there and we ended up making it for rope drop. We were able to enjoy the opening show and of course got a few hundred pictures of the Tree of Life. Since our ADR for breakfast at the Tusker House wasn’t until 9:30am. We knew we could take our time walking over.
In my last update, I guess I assumed we were walking through the oasis but after looking again at my pictures it appears that we were actually on Discovery Island and making our way toward Africa. So…let’s try this again. Walk with us on our journey to Africa……..
We passed by the sign for Festival of the Lion King, and I had to snap a picture because it was again going to be a first for us and one of the things I was looking most forward to on this day.
100_3180.jpg

Follow me boys….this way to Africa!
100_3181.jpg

Taking a little detour….what have we found here?
100_3183.jpg

100_3184.jpg

100_3185.jpg

100_3186.jpg

Noah loves turtles! In fact, they did a project this year in his class and he was asked to bring in a picture of his favorite animal. We went through all our Disney pictures so he could find a turtle picture to bring in with him. So, this year I made sure to get another picture of a turtle….a really, really close up picture too! (Just in case….he needs it again) You can never be too prepared…right?
100_3187.jpg

100_3188.jpg

Silly boys…I guess they thought they were going to get wet or something?
100_3189.jpg

Nick begged to get the camera so he could take one of DH and I. Now…we don’t look too worried about getting wet, do we?
100_3190.jpg

Mom…we’re in Africa! Do you see the Tusker House?
100_3192.jpg

Continued on next post….. Our Safari Breakfast!

April 16, 2010—More Animal Kingdom/ Tusker House Breakfast

Well….after a little bit of exploring, we finally made it to Africa and to Donald’s Safari Breakfast. I got in line at the podium to check-in, was given a pager and we were sent over to one of the tables outside to wait. It was a beautiful morning so it was nice to just sit and look around at all the little details everywhere in Africa.
The boys kept busy by pretending the pager was a phone and pretended to talk back and forth with each other….silly boys!
100_3195.jpg

Noah was patiently waiting his turn….
100_3196.jpg

We didn’t have to wait too long before our pager went off and we were taken to get our photo with Donald. Now, this is where I am kicking myself because at the time I wasn’t sure if I would be buying the photo or not and for some reason never thought to ask if the CM would take a picture with our camera too just in case I didn’t. Well…we ended up not buying it. (someone had their eyes closed again) If I had remembered to ask then we would have at least had a pic with Donald too…I mean it was his breakfast…oh well.
We were led inside and turned left and brought in the room straight ahead. If you have never visited the Tusker House, this is what it looks like when you walk in……
Tusker05FullViewMarketPlace-1.jpg

( pic courtesy of Allears)
Once we arrived at our table, we were greeted by our server, who told us to help ourselves to the buffet. She then brought us some yummy juice which she continued to do the whole breakfast. Here are a couple pics of some of the food I found from photobucket. (again…you know how I am at taking food pics)
P1070509.jpg

P1070507.jpg

P1070510.jpg

Of course, they had more than just breads and pastries. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit and so much more. Everything was so yummy but soon my thoughts were not on the food anymore….they were on the characters! Who was up first? Well….Mickey of course!
100_3198.jpg

I loved his safari outfit!!
100_3199-1.jpg

100_3201.jpg

We enjoyed our food for a while and of course our yummy juice and next up was Daisy!! Noah was so excited and watched as she got closer…..
100_3203.jpg

We had never met Daisy before…so I think we were all pretty excited! Yay! She’s here! She bent over to “kiss” Nick on the head.
100_3204.jpg

100_3205.jpg

When she got to Noah, she must have seen his excitement so she grabbed him by his cheeks and bent in for a “kiss” too! It was so funny and took Noah completely by surprise. It was so nice seeing Noah relax around the characters that I completely forgot about the camera. But, I recovered quickly and took a shot of the three of them.
100_3206.jpg

Before Daisy left, she bent down to squeeze Noah’s cheek and I was ready that time….
100_3207.jpg

I loved the picture so much that I included it in our calendar….
100_3475.jpg

After Daisy, the boys got up to participate in the parade around the restaurant.
100_3208.jpg

I think they were having fun…what do you think?
100_3210.jpg

100_3210-2.jpg

One more of Mickey!
100_3210-15.jpg

We had to wait a while for Goofy to arrive (the boy’s favorite!) But…just as we were finishing up our breakfast, he appeared!
100_3212.jpg

100_3213.jpg

After waving goodbye to Goofy, we gathered up our things and headed out. So…the verdict on our Safari Breakfast? We loved it! The food and the juice were so yummy! The character interaction was wonderful and our server was probably the best we had ever had at any place we had been at Disney. She was always refilling our juice and making sure we had seen the characters and was so friendly. Exactly what you would hope for at Disney! Yes…it was noisy. But we expected that…it was a character meal after all. We will definitely be heading back in the future.

So...where were we heading next?

Next up---Where are the animals?

Thanks for letting me tag along for breakfast at Tusker House! So as I was eating my yogurt, I was pretending to be enjoying the Mickey Waffles and tasty looking pastries! :laughing:

The character pictures turned out so wonderful. My favorite is Daisy loving on the boys! Love it!

What a great update, the picture with Daisy pinching Noah's cheek is so cute.

Glad you were having a smooth morning and got to take a leisurely walk on your way to breakfast. And then the best server you ever had at Disney :thumbsup2 This is shaping up to be a very nice day so far. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Hey Angie :goodvibes We're going to have to start co-ordinating our updates. ;) I always see your updates come thru when I'm at work and I can't see your pictures! I can't wait to see Daisy squeezing Noah's cheek! :rotfl:

I'll come back again from home!

......aaaaaaand I'm back!

Wow that boardwalk picture with the boys is a KEEPER. :cloud9:

Is that sign for FOTLK new?! I've never seen that before! Or if I did, it didn't register. :lmao:

Too funny searching for Africa and talking on the pager phone. Such cute stinkers you have!

Love all your Tusker photos! I can't wait to go... and I'll be sure to remember to hand off my camera to the CM when we meet Donald. :thumbsup2

Never feel bad about sharing off-topic family pictures!! Looks like you had so much fun at the lake. We head out to a family cottage on a lake in the Berkshires in about a month. I can't wait!! :banana:

Your Tusker House breakfast sounds great!! We enjoyed ours in 2009 but felt a bit rushed by the characters. Maybe we'll give it another try... everyone always has great reviews & we did enjoy the food. :thumbsup2

Noah loves turtles! In fact, they did a project this year in his class and he was asked to bring in a picture of his favorite animal. We went through all our Disney pictures so he could find a turtle picture to bring in with him. So, this year I made sure to get another picture of a turtle….a really, really close up picture too! (Just in case….he needs it again) You can never be too prepared…right?
100_3187.jpg

100_3188.jpg

Silly boys…I guess they thought they were going to get wet or something?
100_3189.jpg

Nick begged to get the camera so he could take one of DH and I. Now…we don’t look too worried about getting wet, do we?
100_3190.jpg

no, you can never have too many turtle pictures or be too preprared for things like class reports!

I have a very similar shirt (lightweight hoodie style 3/4 sleeves) that I picked up on our Cali trip to the one you are wearing! I love it!

What a fun fun breakfast and that picture of the Daisy squeeze is the best! Definitely worthy of the calendar!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter