So Many Characters..So Little Time! Our April Adventure to the World! Complete:)

Thanks for letting me tag along for breakfast at Tusker House! So as I was eating my yogurt, I was pretending to be enjoying the Mickey Waffles and tasty looking pastries! :laughing:

The character pictures turned out so wonderful. My favorite is Daisy loving on the boys! Love it!

:laughing: I was thinking the same thing while I was posting the update. Those Mickey waffles looked so yummy...much better than the breakfast I was having!;)

Thanks!:goodvibes I loved our character breakfast! It was nice to see the boys have such fun with the characters...especially Daisy! She was the best!:lovestruc

What a great update, the picture with Daisy pinching Noah's cheek is so cute.

Glad you were having a smooth morning and got to take a leisurely walk on your way to breakfast. And then the best server you ever had at Disney :thumbsup2 This is shaping up to be a very nice day so far. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thanks!:goodvibes Noah was definitely surprised when Daisy bent forward to "kiss" him and then couldn't believe she came back to squeeze his cheek before leaving. It was so funny and soooo cute!;)

It was so nice to be able to take our time while walking back to breakfast that morning and we couldn't have asked for a better time during breakfast!We were having such a great morning, I almost forgot it was our last day....well almost.
Hey Angie :goodvibes We're going to have to start co-ordinating our updates. ;) I always see your updates come thru when I'm at work and I can't see your pictures! I can't wait to see Daisy squeezing Noah's cheek! :rotfl:

I'll come back again from home!

......aaaaaaand I'm back!

Wow that boardwalk picture with the boys is a KEEPER. :cloud9:

Is that sign for FOTLK new?! I've never seen that before! Or if I did, it didn't register. :lmao:

Too funny searching for Africa and talking on the pager phone. Such cute stinkers you have!

Love all your Tusker photos! I can't wait to go... and I'll be sure to remember to hand off my camera to the CM when we meet Donald. :thumbsup2

Hey Tracy!:goodvibes

:laughing: Too funny! Yeah..I think we do need to start coordinating our updates. I'm never on when you post your trivia and you know how much I love trivia especially the Disney kind!;)

Oh..I know! I loved that picture of the boys looking out over the water. I think I'm going to frame it for sure!:thumbsup2

I've never noticed the sign for FOTLK either. But..then again I never looked for it before this trip.:confused3

The boys were really in a silly mood that morning! It was too cute!

Yes!::yes::Definitely hand off your camera! You never know how your picture will turn out. I don't know what it was this trip but the boys had this habit of closing their eyes in a lot of pictures! I don't know if they were smiling too hard:teeth: or if the sun was just in their eyes.:confused3 I was sad because it was Donald's breakfast after all...but I couldn't justify the $30 extra dollars.:rolleyes:

Never feel bad about sharing off-topic family pictures!! Looks like you had so much fun at the lake. We head out to a family cottage on a lake in the Berkshires in about a month. I can't wait!! :banana:

Your Tusker House breakfast sounds great!! We enjoyed ours in 2009 but felt a bit rushed by the characters. Maybe we'll give it another try... everyone always has great reviews & we did enjoy the food. :thumbsup2

Thanks Amy!:goodvibes We had a great time at the lake! We're hoping to get a cottage next year and spend the entire week there! We loved it! How exciting that you are going as well. I hope you have a great trip!:)

That's too bad that you felt rushed by the characters when you went to the Tusker House. We had that same experience the first time we went to Crystal Palace for breakfast. I was lucky enough to get an early morning ADR so we were able to walk down an empty Main Street which of course we loved but the characters were very rushed at breakfast. Pooh even skipped us.:sad2: I was so disappointed because everyone gave it such a great review too. It took a couple trips but we did find our way back and Pooh even visited our table twice last year! I was glad we gave it another chance.:)
Looking forward to reading your trip report! What I have read so far is fantastic!!

Thank you so much!!:goodvibes I've had so much fun reliving our trip!:thumbsup2

I'm glad you joined in!:)

no, you can never have too many turtle pictures or be too preprared for things like class reports!

I have a very similar shirt (lightweight hoodie style 3/4 sleeves) that I picked up on our Cali trip to the one you are wearing! I love it!

What a fun fun breakfast and that picture of the Daisy squeeze is the best! Definitely worthy of the calendar!

:laughing: I agree!! You can never be too prepared when it comes to things kids need for school. We are definitely good if they need any kind of turtle pictures...we have a ton!;)

I love my Live, Laugh, Relax shirt! It's my favorite Disney shirt!:goodvibes Hmm...I didn't realize they had it in a lightweight hoodie too....that would definitely be handy to have.

Loved the Daisy squeeze picture and I couldn't resist adding it to our calendar! When Noah saw it though, he had a different reaction..."Why did you have to put that in there?" He was obviously a little bit embarrassed by the whole thing...but secretly I think he loved the attention too.;)
The Tusker House character breakfast is one of my favorites

Hi! :goodvibes The Tusker House breakfast was so much fun! I'm glad we decided to give it a try!:thumbsup2

First off, welcome home from a mini-vaca. Everybody needs one of those every now and then.

The pictures of the boys with the characters at Tusker House are so cute. They look like they are having the best time!

:laughing: I agree!! You can never be too prepared when it comes to things kids need for school. We are definitely good if they need any kind of turtle pictures...we have a ton!;)

I love my Live, Laugh, Relax shirt! It's my favorite Disney shirt!:goodvibes Hmm...I didn't realize they had it in a lightweight hoodie too....that would definitely be handy to have.

Loved the Daisy squeeze picture and I couldn't resist adding it to our calendar! When Noah saw it though, he had a different reaction..."Why did you have to put that in there?" He was obviously a little bit embarrassed by the whole thing...but secretly I think he loved the attention too.;)

Hi! :goodvibes The Tusker House breakfast was so much fun! I'm glad we decided to give it a try!:thumbsup2

well if I ever get to our last day on the DCA TR you will see a pic :) It does say Disneyland Resort on the hood though...it's really a hooded t more than a hoodie, which made it perfect for spring.

Noah cracks me up, you will see some similar pics once (again) I get to the last day of the DCA TR (probably 2 updates away from it) and all 3 boys had the same reaction when they saw the pics.

Aww, too cute they were using the pager as a phone. :goodvibes Looks like a great breakfast and a fun way to start the day off (even if it was the last day!).

Great update on TH! DH and I loved it last year-- good food, good service. I am sad to hear that Donald doesn't make the rounds at the tables. Last year in September he did!

Thanks for the tip about the pictures to purchase-- we won't be purchasing ours, so it is nice to know that you can ask for a picture with a personal camera (even though you forgot in the moment)!

Hi Angie!

Work and the kids have been keeping me too busy for my DIS time lately - the girls were in different daycamps last week which resulted in a lot of extra driving and coordinating with other families who like us were trying to juggle the drop off/pick up times with work schedules. Anyways, I was afraid you would have your TR all wrapped up before I got back on, so glad there is still more to come :goodvibes

I'll have to go back a few updates...so happy for you that you got to see Fantasmic! and you got some great shots too, especially love the videos :lovestruc

You all looked so sad leaving Pop your last morning but everyone seemed to cheer up once you got to AK - those pics made me feel right there with you!

Isn't TH breakfast yummy? I really liked that there were different things to try but they also had the standard fare in case you're not adventurous :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pics from your get away to the lake - its always fun to see what people do when they're not at WDW :)

While I look forward to reading about the rest of your day, I'm sad that its your last one :sad1:

First off, welcome home from a mini-vaca. Everybody needs one of those every now and then.

The pictures of the boys with the characters at Tusker House are so cute. They look like they are having the best time!

Thanks Lisa!:goodvibes We had a great time on our mini-vaca!! It was just what we needed!

The boys had so much fun at the Tusker House! The food, the characters and the parade...they loved it all!;)

well if I ever get to our last day on the DCA TR you will see a pic :) It does say Disneyland Resort on the hood though...it's really a hooded t more than a hoodie, which made it perfect for spring.

Noah cracks me up, you will see some similar pics once (again) I get to the last day of the DCA TR (probably 2 updates away from it) and all 3 boys had the same reaction when they saw the pics.

I can't wait to see the hoodie!:goodvibes There seemed to be a lot of pictures I took on our trip...that the boys were rolling their eyes...and I get the whole..."Oh Mom..Why did you have to take that picture?" :laughing: Can't wait to see your pics!!!;)

Aww, too cute they were using the pager as a phone. :goodvibes Looks like a great breakfast and a fun way to start the day off (even if it was the last day!).

The breakfast was definitely a great way to start the day! We loved it!:thumbsup2 Those boys!:rolleyes: At least they can keep themselves occupied while they are waiting!:rotfl:

Great update on TH! DH and I loved it last year-- good food, good service. I am sad to hear that Donald doesn't make the rounds at the tables. Last year in September he did!

Thanks for the tip about the pictures to purchase-- we won't be purchasing ours, so it is nice to know that you can ask for a picture with a personal camera (even though you forgot in the moment)!

Thanks!:goodvibes The service was outstanding and the food was so good! They had the traditional breakfast items but also some new things to try as well!:thumbsup2 Aww...I wish Donald still made his rounds at the table too! I don't know what I was thinking that morning! I knew you could ask for your own picture since I had read it on others TR's. Oh well...next time!:)

Hi Angie!

Work and the kids have been keeping me too busy for my DIS time lately - the girls were in different daycamps last week which resulted in a lot of extra driving and coordinating with other families who like us were trying to juggle the drop off/pick up times with work schedules. Anyways, I was afraid you would have your TR all wrapped up before I got back on, so glad there is still more to come :goodvibes

I'll have to go back a few updates...so happy for you that you got to see Fantasmic! and you got some great shots too, especially love the videos :lovestruc

You all looked so sad leaving Pop your last morning but everyone seemed to cheer up once you got to AK - those pics made me feel right there with you!

Isn't TH breakfast yummy? I really liked that there were different things to try but they also had the standard fare in case you're not adventurous :thumbsup2

Thanks for the pics from your get away to the lake - its always fun to see what people do when they're not at WDW :)

While I look forward to reading about the rest of your day, I'm sad that its your last one :sad1:

Hi Lara!:goodvibes

It's good to see you back!:) It sounds like you have had a very busy few weeks. Summer has been keeping us busy around here too. I was hoping to have this all finished up last week before our mini-trip, but finding the time has been a little tricky. The goal now is to wrap it up by the end of next week. We'll see how that goes.....;)

We loved Fantasmic! The waiting wasn't too bad but the crowds...wow! We couldn't believe how fast that theater filled up. I'm glad you liked the videos! I think those were my favorite parts..especially the one of the princesses!:lovestruc

That's exactly what we loved about breakfast! It was nice to see a few new things to try! (for me--I think I was the only one that tried them) But, since the boys and DH are not adventurous eaters they had all the traditional breakfast items to enjoy! It was great! I must say...it was one of our favorite character meals.:thumbsup2

Aww...so sad it's the last day too! I know I need to finish this up but it kind of feels like we are leaving all over again.:sad2:

Hi Angie! I have not dropped off the face of the earth...promise!

Yay for seeing Fantasmic! and for getting a seat! :lmao: SO glad you enjoyed it...next to Wishes it's our favorite night show.

Nice job riding ToT! Such a brave mom and son! :thumbsup2 I'm glad he loved it and you'll be riding again!

Oh...forgot to mention Beauty and the Beast. Isn't it a great show? It's actually the one show at Disney that Jeff can't miss! LOL! I'm glad your boys enjoyed it as well.

So sad....last day. :sad2: Why does that always happen? :confused3

We did the Donald Breakfast when it was in Dinoland, but it was our very favorite character meal. Great interaction and awesome servers! Love the pics of Daisy and the boys! :)

Thanks for sharing the pics of your trip to the lake. It looks beautiful! We are headed to Cranberry Lake in a few weeks. I'll wave in your direction! ;)

Hi Angie! I have not dropped off the face of the earth...promise!

Yay for seeing Fantasmic! and for getting a seat! :lmao: SO glad you enjoyed it...next to Wishes it's our favorite night show.

Nice job riding ToT! Such a brave mom and son! :thumbsup2 I'm glad he loved it and you'll be riding again!

Oh...forgot to mention Beauty and the Beast. Isn't it a great show? It's actually the one show at Disney that Jeff can't miss! LOL! I'm glad your boys enjoyed it as well.

So sad....last day. :sad2: Why does that always happen? :confused3

We did the Donald Breakfast when it was in Dinoland, but it was our very favorite character meal. Great interaction and awesome servers! Love the pics of Daisy and the boys! :)

Thanks for sharing the pics of your trip to the lake. It looks beautiful! We are headed to Cranberry Lake in a few weeks. I'll wave in your direction! ;)

Hi Missy!:goodvibes

I hope you had a fun camping trip!!:thumbsup2

I'm so happy that we finally got to see Fantasmic! It was an incredible show! Noah even said it was one of his favorite things about our trip this year.:)

I really thought we were going to miss Beauty and the Beast....we cut it that close. But, it was definitely worth it! We loved it!:thumbsup2

So sad that I'm on my last day! Although, I guess it's about time since I've been reading other TR's that started after mine and are already finished. I guess I better get busy.:rolleyes1

We had such a great time in Lake George. It used to be our yearly vacation spot until we went to Disney. It was fun to be back and see how much has changed.
:laughing: I still can't believe I didn't know where Cranberry Lake was. Hope you have a great time!:goodvibes

April 16, 2010—Animal Kingdom

After our yummy breakfast at the Tusker House and our casual stroll on the way over, it was now time to decide what we were going to do next. Well…since we were in Africa, it only seemed logical to do the nearest attraction which was Kilimanjaro Safari. We always love our 2 week trip in the safari…unfortunately this trip was cut short by some poachers! UGH! Oh well…:rolleyes1

We made our way over to the fastpass line and using our handy GAD fastpasses we were ready to board our safari truck in no time. We were shown to row 1 –Yay! We would be in the front seat! We climbed inside and I got my camera ready. I was determined to get some great animal pictures this time!

Okay, so let’s get started! Now…it does get bumpy so hold on tight….oh and Jambo!! Now, I didn’t get too many pics at the beginning because…well not very animals seemed to be out. Finally, we approached some Hippos.
100_3218.jpg

Oohh…another one! But…wait come back!!
100_3221.jpg

And…some crocs!
100_3222.jpg

A little closer……not too close though. Is it just me or does it make you nervous when they slooooowww down near them.
100_3223.jpg

Now, we’ve come to my favorite part of the safari….the savannah! Just beautiful! I was hoping to be able to get some great shots of the giraffes (they are my favorite after all) But, there was little to be found.
Finally we found some a little far out….I had to zoom in to get this shot!
100e3444.jpg

This was definitely a surprise! All I can say is….wow! He was huge!
100e3445-1.jpg

Look closely…I think this was a gorilla??
100e3446-1.jpg

Finally, we come to the elephants! I was so excited! I wanted some great pictures! The question was whether or not they would cooperate. Hmm….I’ll let you see for yourself and then you can decide.
Obviously, not a great shot!
100e3447.jpg

Are we playing Hide and Seek?
100e3448.jpg

After recovering from not getting the perfect elephant picture….we came upon Flamingo Island! Fun Fact: The island is actually a hidden Mickey! I read it before the trip in one of my guide books and knew I just had to get a picture! I thought it was so cool plus I was able to get another safari truck passing by in the shot. Almost makes up for the terrible elephant shots!
100_3236.jpg

That warthog was heading right toward us!
100_3237.jpg

Look! It’s an ostrich!
100_3238.jpg

Sorry, I can’t remember what these are called. They look relaxed though….. (not sure what was going on with the crooked picture)
100_3240.jpg

So after we scared away the poachers, our safari ride came to an end. It was a great ride as usual but we didn’t see half as many animals as we did last August. I was kind of sad about that because for some reason this ride has become sort of challenge for me each trip to get better pictures than the time before. Which as you know can be difficult on such a bumpy, shaky ride.

After Kilimanjaro, we decided to stop a minute to let the boys practice on the drums. This is a must for them every trip! They love it!
100_3246.jpg

100_3247.jpg

Now, it was time to decide what we were going to do next. Our original plan was to head over to Dinoland and maybe see Finding Nemo . We love that show but….we also knew our time was limited and it would take up a huge chunk of it, especially since we still wanted to see FOTLK too. (our first time) As we were walking, I happened to notice Turk with very little line! The boys really wanted to meet some new characters this trip and get their autographs. Since we were still on a hunt for Baloo! (Nick’s favorite), we decided to skip Nemo this time so we wouldn’t be so rushed. The boys quickly got in line to meet Turk.
100_3248.jpg

100_3250.jpg

We decided to keep going around the trail, hoping to run into a few more characters and who did we see? Baloo and King Louie! The boys were so excited especially Nick! We quickly got in the small line and waited our turn. I decided to pass the time trying to take pictures of the Tree of Life across the way….
100_3256.jpg

Finally, it was our turn! Yay! But, just as we started to step forward the CM told us that it was time for them to take a small break….ugh! He told us that they would be right back and a few short minutes later they appeared.
Nick moved in to give Baloo a hug! This is the picture I got…..
100_3257.jpg

And…the picture the photopass photographer got, that I included in our calendar. Love this picture!!!
100_3473.jpg

Now it was Noah’s turn…. He was a little shy around Baloo, preferring to give a high five over a hug.
100_3258.jpg

Nick began to joke around with them….he was loving this!
100_3259.jpg

Hmm….you may be wondering where Noah went. Well….after saying hello to Baloo, King Louie started walking toward Noah too. Noah apparently wasn’t quite ready to meet King Louie so close up and got a little nervous. He backed up and almost tripped over some rocks behind him. Poor kid, he was so embarrassed! He decided to stay close to Baloo in the group shots!
100_3260.jpg

100_3470.jpg

So, after our fun meet and greet with the characters, it was time to head over to Asia. I was anxious for the boys to try Expedition Everest. It would be their first time riding. I was pretty confident that Noah would try it since he had rode Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios but I wasn’t so sure about Nick. He was still debating. It wasn’t because of the height or how fast it went that was holding him up, it was the fear of seeing the Yeti. I assured him that as far as I knew, the Yeti was still broken and when I rode last year if you blinked you missed him. On the walk over to Asia, I felt him starting to change his mind. I asked him if he wanted to ride Kali first to give him more time to think about EE. He happily agreed and off we went to get soaked…..or did I?

So, did I get both boys on EE? What about Kali? And I finally get to “Lady, I’m not sitting in someone’s lap!” plus we say goodbye to Animal Kingdom for this trip.
Stay tuned…..

Up next— Can you feel the love tonight? Um…..no.

Great updates Angie! Pretty pics from the lake you all went too! It's nice to getaway!! We LOVE the Safari breakfast! I have to agree with you on all counts, great food (and juice:goodvibes), great service, awesome character interaction, and noisy but that's expected and it makes it really fun for the kids!! I would go back too!! Nick took a great pic of you and your DH!! The boys pics with King Louie and Baloo turned out great!!! What fun! Gabe has been looking at your pics and now wants to get autographs for sure next trip!! :goodvibes Can't wait to see if you all make it on EE!!!

Great updates Angie! Pretty pics from the lake you all went too! It's nice to getaway!! We LOVE the Safari breakfast! I have to agree with you on all counts, great food (and juice:goodvibes), great service, awesome character interaction, and noisy but that's expected and it makes it really fun for the kids!! I would go back too!! Nick took a great pic of you and your DH!! The boys pics with King Louie and Baloo turned out great!!! What fun! Gabe has been looking at your pics and now wants to get autographs for sure next trip!! :goodvibes Can't wait to see if you all make it on EE!!!

Thanks Beth!:goodvibes It was so nice to be able to getaway this summer. We had a great trip! The safari breakfast was definitely one of our favorite character meals. That juice was so yummy!!;) Nick does a great job taking pictures..so much so that we recently went to my nephew's birthday party and they had Nick take some of the videos and pictures. He did great and loved every minute of it!:) The boys were so happy to meet some new characters this trip. It's funny they used to be a little shy around the characters until the autograph books. They have helped a lot!:thumbsup2 I'm sure Gabe will love it too!

So fun, We (my 2 yo and I) loved the pictures with the Monkeys (Balloo, Turk, and King Louie). He loves Monkeys, he was going oo oohh eee ( if your familiar with the Wiggles, you'll know what i mean).

I love the two photopass selection pictures. so sweet.

Can't wait to see if you get both boys on EE. And this not sitting in the lap comment, can't wait to hear about that too.

I love the elephant pics!! ;) Who doesn't love a good elephant butt-shot! They are so uncooperative!

So fun that you found Baloo! It's great to see the boys warming up to the characters...except for King Louie of course! :confused3

My boys love those drums too....it's a must-stop on every trip! :thumbsup2

So fun, We (my 2 yo and I) loved the pictures with the Monkeys (Balloo, Turk, and King Louie). He loves Monkeys, he was going oo oohh eee ( if your familiar with the Wiggles, you'll know what i mean).

I love the two photopass selection pictures. so sweet.

Can't wait to see if you get both boys on EE. And this not sitting in the lap comment, can't wait to hear about that too.

Thanks!:goodvibes I really loved those photopass pics! Nick was so happy he finally got to meet Baloo! He has wanted to meet him since our first trip.

That's so cute that your son was going oo oohh eee after seeing our monkey pics! Oh and yes...we know the Wiggles.;) My boys used to love them when they were little. :)

I love the elephant pics!! ;) Who doesn't love a good elephant butt-shot! They are so uncooperative!

So fun that you found Baloo! It's great to see the boys warming up to the characters...except for King Louie of course! :confused3

My boys love those drums too....it's a must-stop on every trip! :thumbsup2

Hi Missy!:goodvibes

:laughing: I know...those elephant pics turned out great...didn't they? Those elephants were definitely uncooperative that morning.:headache:

I don't know why Noah was so nervous around King Louie.:confused3 Then again...he is a trouble maker in the Jungle Book. Maybe he was worried about that.:rotfl:
What a fun update! Can't wait to hear how the rest of the day went for you. Sound very interesting!!!

Thanks!:goodvibes We were very happy we ran into some characters. It did mean changing a few things around but I think it ended up being worth it!:thumbsup2

Last AK update coming up soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter