So Many Characters..So Little Time! Our April Adventure to the World! Complete:)

April 16, 2010—Saying Goodbye

When I left off, we had just watched a wonderful show, was shocked by a rude man sitting in front of us, laughed at an exuberant man sitting beside us, braved the Yeti, and said goodbye to Animal Kingdom for this trip. Now it was time to do what I had been dreading all day….head back to the resort to catch the DME bus.

Since we hadn’t had anything to eat since our Tusker House Breakfast, we decided to grab something quick to eat at Pop. However, we didn’t have very much time, maybe an hour to get our food, eat and pick up any last minute snacks, and souvenirs in the gift shop. I wish I could remember what I had decided to eat that day but I have no idea. What I do remember though…is that DH decided of all things to get a hamburger and since at Pop they cook them to order, we had to wait….and wait….and wait. It seemed to take twice as long as normal to get the food. Although, I’m sure it wasn’t really that long…it just seemed it because we had very little time before we had to leave. You would think I would learn after our last trip of cutting it so close and how stressful that was…but nope. We did it again. I guess we were just trying to soak up as much magic as we could before we left that we didn’t allow enough time….again.

Surprisingly though, we finished our food, grabbed our bags and a few snacks on the way out. (we couldn’t let those snack credits go to waste!) I wanted to get a few more pictures before saying goodbye.
100_3293.jpg

100_3294.jpg

We made our way outside and sat down to wait for the DME bus.
100_3295.jpg

I’m not sure why Nick was squinting in this next picture….I’m pretty sure the sun wasn’t in his eyes.
100_3296.jpg

Oh how I wish we were arriving instead.
100_3297.jpg

I had to take a picture of the cell phone. That’s where we stayed on our very first visit.
100_3298.jpg

Before we knew it a bus pulled up and we got inside. I sadly turned back to look at the boys expecting to see sad faces as well. But they were too busy discussing all the fun they had….mostly who thought EE was the scariest. I just had to laugh…..
100_3299.jpg

As you can tell, they were deep in conversation!
100_3300.jpg

It’s hard to believe that just a few short days ago…this was the best sight ever. I couldn’t wait for the video to start…..today not so much.
100_3301.jpg

When we arrived at the airport, we decided to head into the gift shop to pick up those last minute souvenirs that we didn’t get time to do at POP and then stopped to get a few more pictures of the boys.
100_3304.jpg

100_3306.jpg

After making it through security, we sadly made our way over to our gate to wait for our flight home. It wasn’t long before, we were seated; TV’s turned on, and we were on our way home.
100_3307.jpg

100_3311.jpg

100_3312.jpg

100_3316.jpg

Two and half hours later, we landed in Syracuse and headed to baggage claim to pick up our luggage. Now this is where my story should end…..but it doesn’t. This trip I had been able to fit most of our stuff in carry on’s, which ended up being great since we only had to check in one piece of luggage. I don’t know why but for some reason I have this terrible fear of losing our luggage. Yes, I know it can be replaced if lost but I still worry. Anyway, DH and the boys went over to wait for our one lonely bag to appear. I decided to find a place to sit down and wait. A little while later, Noah came over to join me. No luggage yet. Finally, the luggage started to appear and I watched people grabbing their luggage and making their way out. They kept going by me…but still no DH and no luggage. Nick came over eventually, and shook his head. Okay, I was starting to get worried but I tried to brush it aside, convinced that it was just probably going to be the last one coming out. So we waited….and waited. Finally DH walked over to me…..with no luggage.

What’s going on?

I don’t know. It wasn’t there.

Huh? Are you sure? It has to be.

I’m telling you….It didn’t come out.

What do we do now?

I’ll go find out what’s going on.

Honestly, I didn’t want to deal with all of this. I was tired….we all were tired. It had been a long day. We were up early, walked around Animal Kingdom, waited for 2 hours at the airport and just got off an almost 3 hour flight. Yeah…I was tired and now frustrated too. Not the way I wanted to end our trip. DH found someone who directed him into an office. I grabbed our carry on’s and followed assuming we would have to fill out some paperwork when what did I see when we rounded the corner, our one lonely piece of luggage sitting all by itself in the office. Oh my goodness, I wanted to jump for joy. Apparently, it had arrived on the earlier flight even though we specifically told them at Pop that we were leaving on the later flight. Oh well….at that point we didn’t care, we had found our luggage and our day was going to end well after all. I can’t tell you how happy I was!

We decided instead of driving the 3 hours home that night, that we would get a hotel and make the trip back tomorrow. We had a day of mini-golf and gem hunting planned. Unfortunately the next morning, when we got up it was raining. Since our plans were out, we thought it was probably best that we headed home. We arrived safely 3 hours later and despite being sad to have left our most favorite place in the world, we were happy to just finally be home. Besides, I couldn’t wait to get into all our pictures and see what I took.

It had been a wonderful vacation and we were so sad it was over. But, I knew deep down it wouldn’t be our last and we would have many more adventures to come. Thanks for reading!:goodvibes

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

The End

(Final thoughts on next post)

"You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen, and it all starts with a wish!"

Well, it’s finally that time….time to say goodbye. I can’t quite believe that that another wonderful trip is over. I’m so happy that I got to share it with all of you. Thank you so much for following along. Here are a few of my final thoughts about our trip.

Crowds

The crowds for this trip were great. This was our 3rd trip in April and we’ve come to expect larger crowds and prepare for them. We tour the parks in the morning, take a rest in the afternoon and go back at night. We were pleasantly surprised more than once to find short wait times on our most favorite rides. I mean a 10 minute wait time in the middle of the day on BTMRR the week after Easter doesn’t seem possible. But it was. We were very fortunate to have our GAD fastpasses to use which definitely helped to make a more relaxing trip. Since I am always the person who runs ahead for fastpasses it was great to be able to stay together and take our time going to the different attractions instead of rushing.

Weather

I can’t say enough great things about Disney in April weather wise. The weather is beautiful….everyday. You may have a quick shower or sprinkle here and there but otherwise its lots of sunny days and the temperature is perfect. Since our trips always seem to be less than a week, we have to make the most of our time at Disney so we pick April because of that.

Pop Century

Our 4th time staying there and although we love it….yes we are ready for a change. Well…DH and I are. We loved staying in the 50’s section this time and especially being in front of the pool was great and surprisingly quiet. Food Court was busy but as long as you knew to get there early in the morning or tried to eat at off times it’s not bad. Oh and bus service this trip was wonderful. We didn’t have to wait once. One of the best things about Pop in my opinion.The one thing I wish is that we would have got a refurbished room but oh well it gives us something to look forward to on a future trip.

Quick Service Dining Plan

The QSDP was perfect for this trip. We had a lot of things planned in 5 days….4 parks, a waterpark, and Disney Quest. It was definitely a lot to fit in but being able to eat when we wanted to was great. Although, I did miss being able to sit down and have a nice relaxing dinner. I know we would never have been able to get as much done as we did with the regular dining plan and having to make time for TS meals. We tried to make the most of the plan as well. We used one snack credit for breakfast, used our refillable mugs for drinks, a CS for lunch, a CS for dinner, and our last snack for when we were in the park or before bed. It worked out perfectly, hardly anything had to come out of pocket. I know some people think it’s not a good deal but for us having everything paid for before we get there is definitely worth it to us.

Character Meal

We love our character meals and we have ate at a lot of them. I can honestly say that Tusker House was our favorite character meal. Although, we love Chef Mickey’s for the atmosphere, and characters, Crystal Palace and Ohana’s breakfast for the food….Tusker House had it all. Great service, great characters, and yummy food. Yes…it was loud and crowded but that’s expected at every character meal. We loved this character meal and we will definitely be heading back!

Future Trip

Well…no plans as of right now. We are probably going to take a year off and head back in 2012. As sad as that makes us, we know it’s what we have to do. But on the bright side with more time to plan and save we are definitely looking at a much longer trip next time and probably adding the waterpark and more option again.We loved TL and are excited to go back and try Blizzard Beach as well. So…will we be heading back in April again? Of course! We love going in April but probably not in 2012. We are looking at more of a summer trip. But we will see…..Christmas would be nice too.

Overall, it was such a great trip! We experienced so many firsts. I can’t believe it took us this long to ride Pirates of the Caribbean! We loved it! The GAD fastpasses allowed us to take our time and notice a lot of small and magical details that we have missed on previous trips. It was wonderful not to feel rushed despite such a short trip. Thank you again for following along on our adventure. I appreciate it so much!

Before I say goodbye though…I wanted to countdown my most favorite moments of the trip. So here it goes….. in no particular order.

10. Catching the SpectoMagic Parade even though we thought we were going to miss it! Love this parade!!!
100e3367-1.jpg

9. Deciding to go to Magic Kingdom on our first night! I still say it was the best $6 I ever spent!
100_2631.jpg

8. Riding BTMRR in the dark! Amazing! (sorry we were having so much fun….I forgot to get a picture!) But here’s a daytime picture!
100_2956.jpg

7. Seeing Disney Magic happen…right before my eyes!
100_2961.jpg

6. Being completely shocked and surprised to see Tinkerbell fly over our head and seeing Wishes on the way out. It was a perfect end to a perfect night.
100e3376.jpg

5. Watching the boys relax and have fun with Goofy at the Character Spot in Epcot!
100_2750.jpg

4. Playing at Typhoon Lagoon!
IMG001.jpg

3. Riding Tower of Terror for the first time with Noah! It was so much fun!
100_3137.jpg

2. Seeing Fantasmic for the first time!
100_3133-5.jpg

1. Watching the boys interact with some favorite characters!
100_3207.jpg

100_3257.jpg

So there you have it…my list of favorite moments from the trip! I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing this. Thanks again for letting me share our magical adventure!

100_3464-1-1.jpg

"Thanks folks, for making this little gathering of ours so extra magical.
From our family and friends to yours, goodnight, and may all your wishes come true
So long!."

(Jiminy Cricket-Wishes)

I'm so sad to see your trip report end. I enjoyed every little detail you put into the report. Honestly, I think my favorite picture is the one of the boys holding hands. How very sweet!

I am also sad to see your report end! I had a great time reading and it was fun spending time at WDW "with" your family!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: You're done now. :sad:

As usual, I've really enjoyed following along on your TR and sharing your trip with you. :goodvibes Such great memories!

Our next trip is going to be in 2012 as well, depending on what happens with Fantasyland. I'd love to go during the F&G festival or Christmas and I'd really love it if we could go at the same time. :lovestruc (Something to keep in the back of your mind!) I know you said you're ready for a change, but the Animation side of Pop is supposed to be done by then too! :rolleyes:

The picture of the boys holding hands is so sweet and the unexpected surprise of Tink flying overhead was priceless.... and all you're firsts! :cloud9:

I'll miss your updates.

Awww so sad it's over. I LOVE The quotes and how they played into your TR.

You all really had a great trip, thank you for sharing it with us. I can't wait for your next adventure, whenever it does happen, I'll be there to follow along. :goodvibes 2012 sounds like a great year to go, especially with all the expansions that are going on.:goodvibes

Great TR Angie!! It's been so much fun following along & sharing your special moments! It's also been great to be writing my April TR along with you... funny that we are ending at the same time!

Hope you'll still be around the boards & that if I don't turn up on your 2012 report (that you'll hopefully write...) you'll PM me so I find you!

I can't believe it's over! What a great TR. Smart move to just grab a hotel for that night, a 3 hour drive after all that would not have been fun at all.

I hope you'll still be around too, I know our next trip probably won't be until 2012 as well...but never say never! I'm with Amy though, PM me when you start PTR if you have taken a hiatus! I hope you don't though.

Love your top 10 and summary. :thumbsup2

Aww, it's over!! :sad2: I'm about to do my final update too. Boo!

I was going to say, in that first picture of the boys waiting for the ME bus to come they don't look too upset. That is really cute they were so busy talking about all the fun they had. :goodvibes Love it!

Funny (well, not funny) about the luggage because the same thing happened to us at the end of our trip. Though they called us right away and told us it didn't make the flight we were on. :confused3 Luckily we got it the next day. I had completely forgotten about that till I read your ending.

So when is the next trip? ;)popcorn::

Angie,
I come back from vacation and your trip report is over.:sad2: You did a great job and I loved reading about your adventures! Your boys are great! I hope you still stick around the boards! And I'll keep my eyes open for a 2012 pre trip report!

Jenny

I'm so sad to see your trip report end. I enjoyed every little detail you put into the report. Honestly, I think my favorite picture is the one of the boys holding hands. How very sweet!

Thanks Lisa!:goodvibes Aww...I'm sad it's over too.:sad1: I love that picture of the boys!!:lovestruc It was definitely an unexpected surprise!

Thanks for reading!!! See you over on your TR!;)

I am also sad to see your report end! I had a great time reading and it was fun spending time at WDW "with" your family!

Thanks so much for reading! :goodvibes I had such a great time reliving our trip!!:thumbsup2

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: You're done now. :sad:

As usual, I've really enjoyed following along on your TR and sharing your trip with you. :goodvibes Such great memories!

Our next trip is going to be in 2012 as well, depending on what happens with Fantasyland. I'd love to go during the F&G festival or Christmas and I'd really love it if we could go at the same time. :lovestruc (Something to keep in the back of your mind!) I know you said you're ready for a change, but the Animation side of Pop is supposed to be done by then too! :rolleyes:

The picture of the boys holding hands is so sweet and the unexpected surprise of Tink flying overhead was priceless.... and all you're firsts! :cloud9:

I'll miss your updates.

Hey Tracy!:goodvibes

I know...I'm so sad my report is over.:sad1: Especially since we can't return until 2012. It seems soooooo far away.:sad2: I hope it's okay that I live vicariously through your Christmas trip!!:cloud9:

Aww...I would love it if we went around the same time in 2012.:goodvibes I'm really hoping that the Fantasyland expansion will be done by then and that the Animation side of Pop will be opened as well!! Hmm....maybe we will have to rethink making a change after all!;)

Thanks so much for sticking with me to the end!:hug: See you over on your PTR! (which I'm hoping to catch up on very soon!!!:))

Awww so sad it's over. I LOVE The quotes and how they played into your TR.

You all really had a great trip, thank you for sharing it with us. I can't wait for your next adventure, whenever it does happen, I'll be there to follow along. :goodvibes 2012 sounds like a great year to go, especially with all the expansions that are going on.:goodvibes

Thanks!!:goodvibes It really was a great trip! I'm sad that we have to wait until 2012 to go...but I'm very excited to be able to see all the new changes that are going to be taking place. It gives us something to look forward to!:thumbsup2 Thanks again for reading!!:)

Great TR Angie!! It's been so much fun following along & sharing your special moments! It's also been great to be writing my April TR along with you... funny that we are ending at the same time!

Hope you'll still be around the boards & that if I don't turn up on your 2012 report (that you'll hopefully write...) you'll PM me so I find you!

Thanks Amy!:goodvibes I agree! It's been so much fun writing our TR's at the same time.:) I need to get over to yours and catch up!

I think I'll hang around the boards for awhile.:thumbsup2 It's going to be so hard not to be planning another trip right away so I'll just live vicariously through others trip reports until we go back.;)

Thanks for sticking with me!:goodvibes

I can't believe it's over! What a great TR. Smart move to just grab a hotel for that night, a 3 hour drive after all that would not have been fun at all.

I hope you'll still be around too, I know our next trip probably won't be until 2012 as well...but never say never! I'm with Amy though, PM me when you start PTR if you have taken a hiatus! I hope you don't though.

Love your top 10 and summary. :thumbsup2

Thanks!:goodvibes

We were so tired the night we came back...I couldn't imagine driving for another 3 hours. We did it last year and it was horrible.:sad2:

As I told Amy, I'll probably stick around for awhile. I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back....not that I'm rushing things.;) I want you to have a fabulous time! You are sooooo close now!!:woohoo: I need to get over to your PTR and catch up before you leave!

Thanks again for sticking with me to the end!:goodvibes

Aww, it's over!! :sad2: I'm about to do my final update too. Boo!

I was going to say, in that first picture of the boys waiting for the ME bus to come they don't look too upset. That is really cute they were so busy talking about all the fun they had. :goodvibes Love it!

Funny (well, not funny) about the luggage because the same thing happened to us at the end of our trip. Though they called us right away and told us it didn't make the flight we were on. :confused3 Luckily we got it the next day. I had completely forgotten about that till I read your ending.

So when is the next trip? ;)popcorn::

Hi Sarah!:goodvibes Aww...your final update too.:sad2: It's so sad when they have to end..huh? But, you have another trip coming up so soon!!:yay: You're going to have a wonderful time!!:wizard:

It was so cute to see the boys talking about all the fun they had on the bus. I was expecting to see such sad faces but I'm so happy they could focus on the all the great things we did instead of leaving. I wish I could have.:rolleyes:

Glad your luggage situation worked out too! I was so glad to see ours waiting for us!:thumbsup2

Another trip....well it looks like 2012. But you never know....right?;)

Angie,
I come back from vacation and your trip report is over.:sad2: You did a great job and I loved reading about your adventures! Your boys are great! I hope you still stick around the boards! And I'll keep my eyes open for a 2012 pre trip report!

Jenny

Hi Jenny!

You're back!:goodvibes I hope you had a nice vacation!! Aww...thanks for reading! I've had a great time and I'm sad to see it end. But, now I have more time to keep up on your TR!! (which I'm loving by the way!;)) See you over there!:)

Angie...saw your post on another TR and noticed your ticker. What is that all about? Are you planning another trip and not telling us?! hehe

Angie...saw your post on another TR and noticed your ticker. What is that all about? Are you planning another trip and not telling us?! hehe

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I didn't even see that on my PTR!!! Are you going???

I didn't see that either!!!!! What gives Angie?

Yes... inquiring minds would love to know what your ticker is all about

:wave:

:laughing: Sorry to keep you in suspense. I wasn't actually hiding it...we came up with the idea this weekend.;)

So, as you know the planner in me is never just content to sit around. I need to plan something...anything!!:rotfl: I started looking into vacations for next summer, knowing that we couldn't do a big Disney trip next year. But, the prices were crazy just for a week at the beach. So just for the fun of it, I started researching condos in Florida, preferably around Disney and couldn't believe the prices! They were less than half of what I had looked at around here. And....what did we come up with? Well...not technically a Disney vacation...still saving that for 2012. However, we are still (hopefully) heading to Florida next year!!! (it's not 100% yet but as long as airline prices cooperate...it's a go!) We've decided to go to the beach, maybe throw SeaWorld in the mix and of course we can't be so close to Disney and skip it all together. Which is why we want to include a day at the Magic Kingdom and a day at DTD as well. I'm so happy that we may be able to head back to Disney next year, even if it is only for a day...which is why I couldn't resist adding the new ticker this morning! I was just so excited!!!:yay::dance3::yay:

Hey Angie,

Have you seen the rumor boards? They are churning with speculation that new free dining and room discounts will be posted tomorrow! Ooops.....maybe I shouldn't have thrown that out there as it may make your planning even harder.:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter