• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~ Sew hot, Hot, HOT! ~~ A sweltering Aug 2013 TR ~ Pre-Trippie link posted! ~ 10/31!

I wished we had something like Cranfest around here. Being a crafter myself (crocheting), I love a good craft festival.

Speaking of which, I promised to show a picture of DGD's Minnie purse once I finished it.

I wished I made the background a lighter color (over than black), because it's hard to see Minnie's ears. However, I followed the instructions, and it called for black. Next time, I'll make it grey or something similar.

Glad you had such a great time at Cranfest!! It is nice when you have such a great group of friends.

Thought I'd share that I started a PTR for our hopeful trip to WDW next year. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49694788#post49694788

I wished we had something like Cranfest around here. Being a crafter myself (crocheting), I love a good craft festival.

Speaking of which, I promised to show a picture of DGD's Minnie purse once I finished it.

I wished I made the background a lighter color (over than black), because it's hard to see Minnie's ears. However, I followed the instructions, and it called for black. Next time, I'll make it grey or something similar.

That is soooo cute!! Or maybe you could outline Minnie's head in white or another color that would make it separate from the back.

that is just so darn cute!!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I just got back from Branfest. It's run by AARP to keep up pre-seniors moving.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I really wish I could see D~'s face when she sees this!!

~Jennifer

I was thinking the same thing, but D~ is so laid back she'd probably do an Annie Hall, "La de da."

Cheryl! I have missed you so much!!!! So good to see you here, and I love D's bag! How cool that you got to see that one! I don't think D has ever posted a picture of that bag yet....she must be slacking! So good that you were able to get the picture for us!

Nini

I've joined the "taking care of my mother and it's not very much fun" club. When I get home it's diversionary to read through dis because it recalls happier times, and I can live vicariously. You're right, I was very lucky to get the photo, because the owner didn't seem too happy at the moment.

Hahaha.... That is one bag that I would have to pity the person carrying. :rotfl2: Very nice Cheryl and GREAT BPDE!!!!

D~

I think he lost the auction he was bidding on -- no offense, of course.

HaHa That messenger bag Cheryl "saw" was awesome!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: I think you should make one of those for all us loyal groupies!

Perfect for the next dismeet.

:rotfl2: Cheryl, that is just too funny. I have a feeling that bag sold in one of D~'s private auctions for BIG money. Donald probably bought it so he could finally have a bag of D~ since she always has such great Donald bags.

Glad you had a nice trip with your son, it was great that he could join you. I can't believe you found your sunglasses. I am surprised they are able to retrieve those items so quickly, I figured they would only clean out that area every so often.

I just went to lost and found on a lark. I expected if my glasses were found they would also be crushed. The lost and found lady said they walk the Space Mountain tracks every night looking for dropped stuff. They have trays of sunglasses labeled by day and park. Like I said, there must have been zillions.

First of all, the BPDE.... :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: I think if I had been drinking something when I saw that, my keyboard would have been ruined!!

I know. I wouldn't have wasted my money on the Polynesian if I knew something even better was going to happen.

Glad you had a good time. It sounds like a lot of fun. So...why is it CRANfest?? Do they grow cranberries there or something? :teacher:

Yeah, definitely like the black shirts better than the red ones we saw. We might have had to buy them if they were black.

Totally agree about the dark water slides. I just don't like the tube ones period...no way I would do the water slide on the Disney cruise ships...freak me right out!

Welcome home! Now get back in that sewing room lady...you have adoring fans waiting to see what you create :rotfl2:

Poppingby to say hi! I was NOt a fam of park fare dinner this time. I ctually found several dinners to be Asian themed in their food choices and it just didnt thrill me.

Welcome back. I am so glad you had a great time!

I agree - I HATE when people buy stuff overseas and then sell it at "craft" fairs. I feel it isn't fair for those of us that work hard and put expert craftsmanship into things only to have cheap crap right next to us selling for pennies on the dollar.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock! Time's a wasting!

It is 6:59 here on the East Coast and no D~ update? What am I supposed to read while I drink my second cup of coffee? (just because I can't have my coffee this morning doesn't mean I don't want something to read while I sit and complain about not having coffee....

Nini

Sounds like a fun time. I dislike people who buy from China and say handmade. At least disclose you bought it and are the middleman.

Have fun grocery shopping.

Well - they didn't exactly not disclose the items were from china... but right on the plastic bags they were enclosed in - it said right on them "made in China" - that was a dead give away. LOL That and every booth that had the exact same item... :scratchin

We had a good time grocery shopping - it was a late day for us, but we had fun.

Sounds like you had a great trip. I can't wait to see how the metal animals you bought looks like.

We did - I will try to get on today and post pictures, yesterday was so hectic.

Originally Posted by RHMH
I want my Mickey Waffles !!!! Love the pictures of EE - you guys take great pictures.

Please, Take me back to my HAPPY PLACE

"""Thanks! I hope you get to go back soon. I haven't even looked - do you have a trip planned?"""

We are back July 12th - 21st - 2014

1st choice B.C.
2nd choice A.K.L. again.
3rd choice a M.K. View, Club Level, 2 bedroom Tent under the trees to the left of the MK. entrance.

Hahahaha... I can relate to that last one... :beach: Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned already? Way cool!

Cranberry feat looks like it was a ball! I hope you do post pictures of the silver animal things. That sounds really neat!

I will try to do that later today... It was just so crazy yesterday.

I love your review of your trip to Cranfest. We live in the Chicago suburbs, which makes Wisconsin a nice weekend destination. That looks like a nice resort.

It was very nice... However - the Dells is just a bit south of here, so most people go to the Dells.

I'm surprised at how many resorts have a water park attached to them. I am claustrophobic, too and would absolutely freak on that tube slide. I made the mistake of trying Mission Space at Epcot. When that harness thing dropped down over my shoulders and the viewing panel come forward, I just about lost it. That was the closest I ever came to having a panic attack. :scared: I managed to survive the ride by repeating over and over "Disney won't kill me. They will let me out. It will be over soon." But I will never go on that again.

Yikes!!! Yes - that is one ride I will never try... I would definately end up freaking out.

D, it sounds like you gals had a great weekend. I love that you found shirts that reminded you of Suzi and Mo...how great is that!

I'm with you...if I'm in a dark tube, I'm not sliding!

Yah - it was a lot of fun! And nope - one ride on the tube slide was enough for me. LOL I did have to laugh at the kid that sent us down though - he reassured me that it was a "quick ride" - and it was, I thought it was endless, but it was over much quicker than I'd thought.

This is so adorable!!! You did a fantastic job on it - I can just barely make out the ears, they are so cute! I agree - maybe next time the background as a different color, but I think this is adorable. :thumbsup2

Glad you had such a great time at Cranfest!! It is nice when you have such a great group of friends.

Thought I'd share that I started a PTR for our hopeful trip to WDW next year. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49694788#post49694788

That is soooo cute!! Or maybe you could outline Minnie's head in white or another color that would make it separate from the back.

Yay!!! I will try to head over there this morning!

Oooh - that's a great idea too Sandra!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I just got back from Branfest. It's run by AARP to keep up pre-seniors moving.

I was thinking the same thing, but D~ is so laid back she'd probably do an Annie Hall, "La de da."

I've joined the "taking care of my mother and it's not very much fun" club. When I get home it's diversionary to read through dis because it recalls happier times, and I can live vicariously. You're right, I was very lucky to get the photo, because the owner didn't seem too happy at the moment.

I think he lost the auction he was bidding on -- no offense, of course.

Perfect for the next dismeet.

I just went to lost and found on a lark. I expected if my glasses were found they would also be crushed. The lost and found lady said they walk the Space Mountain tracks every night looking for dropped stuff. They have trays of sunglasses labeled by day and park. Like I said, there must have been zillions.

I know. I wouldn't have wasted my money on the Polynesian if I knew something even better was going to happen.

Cheryl - you crack me up!

Glad you had a good time. It sounds like a lot of fun. So...why is it CRANfest?? Do they grow cranberries there or something?

Yes, they do grow a lot of cranberries here... Not sure if it's the place where they grow the most? Or what the significance is - but almost all of the food sold by the crafters/and food stands has some type of food with cranberries in it - so cranberries is definately a theme.

Yeah, definitely like the black shirts better than the red ones we saw. We might have had to buy them if they were black.

Those shirts were EVERYWHERE all day long... Later - I even saw black ones that were embroidered vs. screen printed - those were even nicer.

Totally agree about the dark water slides. I just don't like the tube ones period...no way I would do the water slide on the Disney cruise ships...freak me right out!

I don't think that one would bother me - since I can see out?

Welcome home! Now get back in that sewing room lady...you have adoring fans waiting to see what you create

Hahhaa... I will have a bag to show you all later today.

Poppingby to say hi! I was NOt a fam of park fare dinner this time. I ctually found several dinners to be Asian themed in their food choices and it just didnt thrill me.

Yah - I like Asian food normally, but I just didn't think it fit the theme of this dinner. :confused3

Welcome back. I am so glad you had a great time!

I agree - I HATE when people buy stuff overseas and then sell it at "craft" fairs. I feel it isn't fair for those of us that work hard and put expert craftsmanship into things only to have cheap crap right next to us selling for pennies on the dollar.

I totally agree - I usually skip right past those stands.

Grocery shopping was fun yesterday - once we actually got to the "shopping" part. LOL

A short back story... Allison has decided she wants to be vegetarian - I thought it would last a week or two, but we are going into week 4 now, and I am starting to worry that she is not getting proper nutrition to sustain herself. So, Alli went to stay with BFF for the weekend, and bff decided to cook all vegetarian dishes for her - so that Alli would have an idea of what she needed to eat. I will admit - we are a meat and potatoes family - so this vegetarian thing is very forign to us, and due to my lack of understanding or the fact that we have nothing in this house to make any of this any easier on her - she has been living off of PB&J along side of whatever we are eating for dinner. So, this whole weekend has been very enlightening for all of us. And Allison now has a way better idea of what she needs to eat to get the proper nutrients.

Anyways - so yesterday, bff made us lunch - it was a fantastic meal - something I would totally make as a side dish - but that Allison would be able to eat as a regular meal too.

By the time we ate lunch and actually made our way to shopping - it was almost 1pm. Those of you that know me, know I like to shop bright an early before the crowds - so for me to grocery shop in the middle of the day - on a weekend - well, I was super annoyed.

We started off at the mall - because I had a coupon for a free Victoria's Secret panty... Whoot! Worth the trip to the mall. LOL

Then we stopped at Sears... I looked in the Lands End section - and I found 2 swim suits for Alli marked 70% off the lowest ticketed price... So I was able to get her 2 suits for $32, which is pretty good. However - when we got home, she tried them on and only likes one of them, so the other is going back. Oh well.

Finally - we arrived at Target - it was 2:30, and I had to be on the road home by 4:00... So, we shopped as quick as we could. My list was short - but I made a point to make sure I purchased some high protein/iron items for Alli. ::yes::

In the end... Along with my grocery purchase - I purchased a few Disney GCs - enough to get started on my savings for our next trip :woohoo: And when all was said and done - after all of my discounts - I paid $15 for all of our groceries. Not too bad!

The girls and I rushed home...

Josh made stir-fry for dinner... making sure to pull Alli's out before he added the meat. It was delicious!

We were all in bed early. It was a nice weekend.

Today I will be working in my sewing room - starting my next custom order.

I am picking the girls up from school later - Alli has an appointment and V wants to go to Goodwill to get a pair of 90's high waisted jeans for Homecoming week... Josh will meet me in town to take the girls home, and I will stay for my Zumba class. :thumbsup2

I should have photos posted later today of my custom order from last week.

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

D~

So glad you're back!:cool1: Hope you had an awesome time in my neck of the woods! BTW, we have a youth retreat at that lodge every October! What a small world!:thumbsup2

Can't wait to see the photos of the newest D creation!:goodvibes

Tell Alli I said Good Job on having the guts to at least try new things. Whether she continues for the rest of her life or not, she is still a brave girl to at least try it. :thumbsup2

Hmmm... I left off with a must-do... You should all know by now, that half of our must dos are food related...

That being said...

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

Yes - that would be my Jalepeno cream cheese pretzel... Nom, nom, nom! We ate it on our favorite bench, in the shade, and people watched.

Since our bench was right next to the entrance for ITTBAB - we decided to take in a show...

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

Aftewards, we decided that we needed to see FOLK - Alli wanted to get some photos with her camera... And I took a few with mine. We arrived right before they closed the doors - but we knew we would find a seat - because we WANTED the back row. A railing to lean on anyone?

IMG_0986.jpg

The girls and I just love FOLK - it's been the same performers for every show we have ever seen, however - this time, there was one different one - the lead guy.

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

The girls and I decided it was time to leave AK - it was getting hot. Besides - there was something else we wanted to accomplish tonight - since tomorrow was our last full Disney day.

Alli and I stoppped for a photo before we left the park.

Photo1551FourBySix.jpg

We boarded a bus to FQ at 1:30... Where would we go next? What else was a must do on our list, that we hadn't done already?

Link to Day 8 Part D

D~

Glad Alli has a better idea of being a vegetarian.

Can't wait to see your next bag,.

So, here's the little animals I purchased - seriously - this guy was brilliant! I wish I could have afforded to purchase more of his items... He had the cutest animals made with scissors as their beaks - just cool!

In the end - I settled with this "grasshopper" because the main body was made with the same pattern silverware that my parents owned while I was growing up.

20130930_072121.jpg

20130930_072112.jpg

And then, this guy... I have no idea what he is supposed to be... Some sort of bird? His eyes are made from ball bearings - and all the balls are still inside and intact... His beak is made from a hook... His body is made of different gears... His wings are made from 5 irons... His tail feathers from forks... His legs from drill bits... His feet from wrenches... And I am not sure what the base is made from?

Brilliant - just BRILLIANT! And I love the "personality" that each one has... Like I said - he had so many... I must have stood there for 20 minutes trying to choose just the right one. I sure hope this crafter is there again next year - because I would love to get a couple more... I didn't go back to his stand later in the day - but I bet if I would have, he would have been totally sold out. I sure hope he did well. Truly a magnificant mind at work here - to be able to "see" these from all those parts... Just cool!

20130930_071158.jpg

20130930_071243.jpg

20130930_071222.jpg

20130930_071212.jpg

D~

Oh my goodness! I love those animals...and small world...I had that exact pattern..in fact I still have some of it that we use when the kids go camping... I didn't retire it until about 15 years ago....and I am getting ready to retire the set/pattern I have now. (it is cheaper to buy a new set than to continue replacing the spoons every time we have a family get together!...Mr D likes to throw them out...)

Nini

Why a great way to wind down your AK day!

Those metal creatures are fantastic! He truly is an artisan!

Sounds like fun at the craft fair and those little guys you purchased are adorable and very unique. I think you're right in that he would do well selling on the internet. Thanks for sharing the pics of your Target buddies and your room.

Oh gosh those photos of Lion King were great! Puts me right there! And I've never had one of those pretzels, but I don't care for cream cheese and now can't have it or the pretzel, so I guess that ship sailed for me. Dan would love it though.

Hey, btw, any forward movement on the remodel? I was thinking of that the other day. I know you haven't mentioned it, so thought I would ask.

I'll check back later to see the latest bag. I know it will be wonderful.

D, I've heard a lot about those Jalapeno Pretzels (Todd loves them); we've never had one because neither of us like Jalapeno. But glad you took care of that item on your list.

Love It's Tough to Be a Bug and Festival of the Lion King. You are the second person I heard say they sit up top against the railing.

What unique artwork you picked up at the craft fair.

I really love, love, love the fabrics of this bag... It's not that often that I use a pattern for the main portion of the bag - other than dots - so it was really fun to see this one come together. The interior fabric is just gorgeous... Really the perfect compliment for this bag. :thumbsup2

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter