~~ Sew hot, Hot, HOT! ~~ A sweltering Aug 2013 TR ~ Pre-Trippie link posted! ~ 10/31!

Great update, D. LOVE the photopass pictures...you all look great.

Even though we don't do water parks anymore (no elevators, remember?), we always loved Typhoon Lagoon more than Blizzard Beach.

Another DIS meet! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hello,

Hubby to Sewdisney here. She asked me to get on here to give you her apologies because she won't be visiting this site for at least several days - she had emergency surgery today. She said she is sure she would love your "creations" and she is sorry she won't be commenting on them any time soon. She says to keep up the fantastic work and she is looking forward to getting back on here.

Thank you.

Feel better soon.

I met Tricia too and for got to take a picture.

I think this Lady bag is my new favorite of the bags you have done that fabric is beautiful. I just love Lady and the Tramp. I am making myself a Dumbo bag still don't know how to do the appliques but I bought a premade one to put on the bag that has him with his circus tent. :confused3 Celebrating one year untell Disney whoot!!

WOW! I just can NOT keep up at all......:rotfl:

I love the bag! I love the updates.... but most of all I love the idea of a girls trip......please, please, please....I wanna gooooooooooo! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

OMG...I am leaving in 7 DAYS...ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!!! :cheer2: I so need some Disney magic in my life! pixiedust: It has been toooooo long. :sad: A year and a half is entirely too long to wait for some magic!!! ::yes::
Have a great trip!

No not Callaway, Lake Lanier.
I was actually at Lake Lanier on Sunday. Not at the resort but at a Girl Scout camp doing some training. I did not camp over night but spent all day outside enjoying the fresh air. Hope you enjoy your conference and the ropes course.

I wished we had something like Cranfest around here. Being a crafter myself (crocheting), I love a good craft festival.

Speaking of which, I promised to show a picture of DGD's Minnie purse once I finished it.

I wished I made the background a lighter color (over than black), because it's hard to see Minnie's ears. However, I followed the instructions, and it called for black. Next time, I'll make it grey or something similar.
This is really cute. I'm sure it looks very nice in person because you can see how the ears pop out in the picture.

D~ Great pictures from your trip to Cranfest. Glad you got to get away for a fun girls trip. Your shopping day sounds exhausting but your savings is amazing. Great start on the Disney savings.

I really love, love, love the fabrics of this bag... It's not that often that I use a pattern for the main portion of the bag - other than dots - so it was really fun to see this one come together. The interior fabric is just gorgeous... Really the perfect compliment for this bag. :thumbsup2

IMG_1287.jpg

D~​

Wow, this bag is gorgeous. I will not be showing this to Casey or she will be drooling. The exterior fabric is perfect, the tone on tone really creates a nice background for Lady

Hello,

Hubby to Sewdisney here. She asked me to get on here to give you her apologies because she won't be visiting this site for at least several days - she had emergency surgery today. She said she is sure she would love your "creations" and she is sorry she won't be commenting on them any time soon. She says to keep up the fantastic work and she is looking forward to getting back on here.

Thank you.
Oh no, hope everything went well with the surgery. Good wishes for a speedy recovery.

D~ Great shots for TL, the one with the 3 of you girls is very nice. Glad you had a nice time and made the most of your WP&M ticket option. :beach:

And another Dismeet. :cool1:

LOVE the new bag! So glad you had a wonderful time at Cranfest. Loved the little critters. I would live to do something like that. This past summer not too far from here the Country Living magazine had a craft fair here. I was unable to go but next year I am planning on going.
I have to day you have the best PP Pics! TL was our favorite and my DD spent most of her time in the lagoon. I on the other hand had an incident from the wave landing me in some old mans lap! I was done and rather embarrassed!!!
Have a fabulous day!!!

Good job for Alli trying to be a vegetarian.

It is so much easier now than it used to be. I was 11 when I decided I wanted to be a vegetarian, and was for 12 years. The reason that I went back to eating meat was because I convinced myself that I needed to lose weight and it was because I ate too many carbs. I regret making that decision to go back to eating meat, because it's more difficult now for me to make the decision to be one. It's just about educating yourself on it, and then knowing how to make the choices. :) And, there are many more products out there to supplement protein than there used to be 21 years ago when I made the change. It's just about keeping an open mind.

The jalapeno cheese pretzel at Animal Kingdom is yum yum yum!

I love Typhoon Lagoon! And why not if you had WPF&M. ;) It's definitely my favorite of the two water parks. It's just so beautiful.

Whew! I had a lot of catching up to do...

We had a busy weekend, and a busy couple of days at work, so not much time to be on the computer.

I love the metal animals! They are so adorable.

I love, love, love the Lady bag. The tone-on-tone fabric is perfect. I agree that a busy print would not work for your bags, since the focus needs to be on the applique.

The Nemo show is wonderful. Charlie and I saw it this trip.

I'm still trying to get caught up on house and yard work, so I haven't been doing any sewing lately. I want to make hipster bags for my girls for Christmas presents, and I need to get started on them soon. :scared:

I gave up eating red meat years ago for about 2 years. It wasn't too hard because I still ate poultry and fish. Found I missed ham, of all things, and steak. I think if Allie educates herself on what she should eat, she should not have too hard of a time with being a vegetarian.

Hope all is well with you.

We really enjoyed the Nemo show (even Jeremy who was just over 2 during that trip). If I remember right we just happened across it. But didn't come across the Lion King show.

Fun that you ended up at the water park. Sounds like it was a relaxing time.

Ahhhh... finally caught up! We had done some travelling to NoCA for the Jazz Festival and I fell behind! Fantastic pics!

Sadly, I too wasn't all that impressed with DQ... if only they would do a serious update... that place could be spectacular again.

I had. no. idea. that Mickey was at Ohana! So. bummed. :faint: I would have picked that over CM! Im sure you have been to both... which do you prefer??

I'm so glad you are enjoying Zumba! Good for you for hanging in there, it's a good workout.

Yes, I do enjoy Zumba... It's probably not my work out of choice, but it is fun - and I feel like it gives me something fitness related to look forward to each week and keep me on track.

I am not sure if we are going for sure, this is the first year in "forever" that we aren't definitely going. Our school district cancelled the dates for the annual teachers conference and so the kids don't have those days off anymore.

For a moment - I thought you were referring to WDW... I almost choked. LOL I was like "nooooooo"....

I already said it on FB, but I LOVE the lady UPB. You are so good at picking patterns and colors! I am so excited.........

Thank you!

Whereabouts in Kentucky is it? Can't be too terribly far from my part of Kentucky (right across the river from Cincinnati). I love a good craft festival. Unfortunately, we already have plans for this weekend. Plus we have Disney in 3 1/2 weeks. However, maybe next year.

It's worth it. It's on the right hand side of the park. Good show. Dunno if we're going to have time to do it this trip. I think we'll only be at AK for about six hours this trip. DD and DGD are attending MNNSHP that night.

It is a must do for us on our next trip... I've always wanted to see it. It seems that we are no longer in a hurry to do new things each time, anymore. Rather we tour at a much more relaxed pace - which I like.

They will LOVE MNSSHP!!! I hope to do it again one day!

You look great in those pics! TL sounds like so much fun....maybe some day if I have a trip longer than a week.

Awww... Thanks! I am happy they turned out.

What a great day...just sitting there relaxing by the water...in Disney....ahhhh

I know, right? It was wonderful - HOT - but wonderful!

Great update, D. LOVE the photopass pictures...you all look great.

Thank you!

Even though we don't do water parks anymore (no elevators, remember?), we always loved Typhoon Lagoon more than Blizzard Beach.

Another DIS meet!

Hahaha... BB does have the chair lift though - that's pretty close.

Feel better soon.

I met Tricia too and for got to take a picture.

Bummer about no photo!

I think this Lady bag is my new favorite of the bags you have done that fabric is beautiful. I just love Lady and the Tramp. I am making myself a Dumbo bag still don't know how to do the appliques but I bought a premade one to put on the bag that has him with his circus tent. Celebrating one year untell Disney whoot!!

Thank you! I hope you'll post your Dumbo bag when you finish it. Yay for one year - it will go by fast - unbelieveably fast and then you'll be dreaming of another trip.

WOW! I just can NOT keep up at all......

I love the bag! I love the updates.... but most of all I love the idea of a girls trip......please, please, please....I wanna gooooooooooo!

Hahaha... Yah - we have to figure out WHEN to go first... that seems to be the most challenging part. LOL

Great update!

Thanks!

D~ Great pictures from your trip to Cranfest. Glad you got to get away for a fun girls trip. Your shopping day sounds exhausting but your savings is amazing. Great start on the Disney savings.

Yah - I hope to save better this time around... Scrambling at the last moment for our last trip was no picnic for me... I hope to have it all paid off before Josh even knows about it. :scratchin

Wow, this bag is gorgeous. I will not be showing this to Casey or she will be drooling. The exterior fabric is perfect, the tone on tone really creates a nice background for Lady

Hahaha... Thanks!

D~ Great shots for TL, the one with the 3 of you girls is very nice. Glad you had a nice time and made the most of your WP&M ticket option.

And another Dismeet.

We did have a great time! And we hope to spend more time at TL next trip.

LOVE the new bag! So glad you had a wonderful time at Cranfest. Loved the little critters. I would live to do something like that. This past summer not too far from here the Country Living magazine had a craft fair here. I was unable to go but next year I am planning on going.
I have to day you have the best PP Pics! TL was our favorite and my DD spent most of her time in the lagoon. I on the other hand had an incident from the wave landing me in some old mans lap! I was done and rather embarrassed!!!
Have a fabulous day!!!

Thanks! It was a lot of fun. Oh no about TL - yah - those waves can be super powerful - even at the shore.

Good job for Alli trying to be a vegetarian.

It is so much easier now than it used to be. I was 11 when I decided I wanted to be a vegetarian, and was for 12 years. The reason that I went back to eating meat was because I convinced myself that I needed to lose weight and it was because I ate too many carbs. I regret making that decision to go back to eating meat, because it's more difficult now for me to make the decision to be one. It's just about educating yourself on it, and then knowing how to make the choices. :) And, there are many more products out there to supplement protein than there used to be 21 years ago when I made the change. It's just about keeping an open mind.

I agree - I am sure there are many more options out there now than there used to be. I just need her to make a conscious effort to make sure she is taking in the proper nutrition and to make better food choices than she would have otherwise. Which isn't an easy thing for a teen to do. I'd like to see her be successful at this, if it's something she believes in.

The jalapeno cheese pretzel at Animal Kingdom is yum yum yum!

They are very good! Although - I think they were better the first time around. LOL

I love Typhoon Lagoon! And why not if you had WPF&M. It's definitely my favorite of the two water parks. It's just so beautiful.

Yes - I am glad we went. I hope we spend more time there on our next trip.

Whew! I had a lot of catching up to do...

We had a busy weekend, and a busy couple of days at work, so not much time to be on the computer.

Thanks for stopping by Tess! I replied to your latest update, then I realized I missed the 2 prior to it. ACK! I will try to get back there and reply on those too... I have a crazy day ahead of me though - so probably not until Friday.

I love the metal animals! They are so adorable.

Thank you! They are so fun!

I love, love, love the Lady bag. The tone-on-tone fabric is perfect. I agree that a busy print would not work for your bags, since the focus needs to be on the applique.

That is my thought too. :thumbsup2

The Nemo show is wonderful. Charlie and I saw it this trip.

I hope to see it on our next trip.

I'm still trying to get caught up on house and yard work, so I haven't been doing any sewing lately. I want to make hipster bags for my girls for Christmas presents, and I need to get started on them soon.

I know - I have my first Christmas gift on my schedule in 2 weeks. I need to get some items prepped ahead of time for it... :scratchin

I gave up eating red meat years ago for about 2 years. It wasn't too hard because I still ate poultry and fish. Found I missed ham, of all things, and steak. I think if Allie educates herself on what she should eat, she should not have too hard of a time with being a vegetarian.

Hope all is well with you.

I am not sure I could do it? It's a difficult thing... I would miss all of the meat... and I mean ALL of it. LOL

We really enjoyed the Nemo show (even Jeremy who was just over 2 during that trip). If I remember right we just happened across it. But didn't come across the Lion King show.

Well - I think I will need to make a point to catch it next time. It can't be that hard to find. LOL

Fun that you ended up at the water park. Sounds like it was a relaxing time.

Yah - I am happy we were able to squeeze it in.

Ahhhh... finally caught up! We had done some travelling to NoCA for the Jazz Festival and I fell behind! Fantastic pics!

That sounds like a fun trip - I love Jazz music - but I don't get to hear it often here in MN.

Sadly, I too wasn't all that impressed with DQ... if only they would do a serious update... that place could be spectacular again.

Oh yah- a serious update is an understatement - IMO. LOL

I had. no. idea. that Mickey was at Ohana! So. bummed. :faint: I would have picked that over CM! Im sure you have been to both... which do you prefer??

Well - much to the dismay of MANY of my readers... I have NEVEr been to CM. :confused3 It is on my some day Must-do list... I am hoping to work it into our next trip. However, I will say that we love 'Ohana, but we have never had good service there - the CMs always seem to be crabby, but the food and atmosphere are good.

Yesterday was a fun day in my sewing room. I worked on my custom order for the week in the morning. Then in the afternoon - I worked on one of my secret projects. I am IN LOVE with it, and I cannot wait to finish! I am just waiting on one more small fabric delivery. ::yes::

We had leftovers for dinner... We have soooo many... Probably enough for 2 more meals. Guess who isn't making dinner this week? :woohoo:

Tonight, we are meeting up with Josh's aunt - who is here from Alaska. Her son goes to college in a nearby town... So we are meeting up with them for dinner. It should be fun - these are great people.

Otherwise - I will be working on the applique for my custom order today. :lovestruc

I hope you all have a wonderful day! My thoughts and prayers are with all who need them.

D~

We never have enough leftovers for a meal. Can't wait to see what u are working on.

What the heck???!!! How did I completely miss this? I dont' think I have read one page. I didnt' know you started it. Finally, I figured you had to have... How did i miss it in your signature? LOL I am never going to get caught up!
Little steps. I will catch up, but if I don't comment you'll know why, if I comment it will take time out of me catching up. lol

Hope you had a great time with your aunt tonight.

Can't wait to see what your working on and the new bag.

it's been a blurr of a week i have no idea if i have posted?!?! I have been reading and commenting while reading.... But didn't actually POST my thoughts... :rolleyes2
I need sleep...

Which is the water park with snorkeling??? Love all the PP pictures. it looks fantastic! :thumbsup2

and i have my twitch back... :sad:

We never have enough leftovers for a meal. Can't wait to see what u are working on.

We never do either - usually - but I haven't adapted to Alli's vegetarianism yet - so I am still cooking for 4.

I am so excited for my fabric to come for my project... I don't think it will be here by the weekend though - so I will work on ANOTHER of my projects... I only have, um, several I am working on. :rolleyes1

What the heck???!!! How did I completely miss this? I dont' think I have read one page. I didnt' know you started it. Finally, I figured you had to have... How did i miss it in your signature? LOL I am never going to get caught up!
Little steps. I will catch up, but if I don't comment you'll know why, if I comment it will take time out of me catching up. lol

Hi Dee! Glad to see you here! No worries about catching up - it will always be here.

Hope you had a great time with your aunt tonight.

Can't wait to see what your working on and the new bag.

Thanks! We had a lot of fun!

it's been a blurr of a week i have no idea if i have posted?!?! I have been reading and commenting while reading.... But didn't actually POST my thoughts...
I need sleep...

Which is the water park with snorkeling??? Love all the PP pictures. it looks fantastic!

and i have my twitch back...

No worries Mo!!! I am glad you stopped by. Darn twitch! :eek:

Sorry everyone - no update again today... I have to work at Target today - and I've had a busy morning...

First of all - Yesterday I worked on my applique for my custom order this week - I am SUPER happy with it! Again - I think I caught the expression perfectly. :woohoo:

Then, last night, we drove to Northfield (Bernadette would be happy to hear this, as they have a relative that lives there) - and we went out to dinner at one of our favorite places... We had a great visit with Josh's aunt and cousin. His cousin plays hockey for one of the local colleges - so Josh and the girls are looking forward to the season starting in a few weeks.

Here's a photo of the girls by the river in Northfield last night... It was a gorgeous night!

20131002_174842.jpg

And then, this morning I had to get up and help Victoria get ready for school. I love her!! And I LOVE that she is always willing to have fun!!!! So, the theme for today was "Back to the 90's" - hello... Class of 93' here... I've soooo GOT this!

We went shopping the other night at Goodwill... We purchased her a pair of Guess high waisted jeans... A Tommy tee shirt... and a sweater (which she didn't end up wearing)... The rest of it, we were able to dig out of the back of our closets... The Esprit bag is mine, the Liz Claiborne sunglasses were bff's, the shoes are mine (but they aren't technically 90's), and then the jean jacket... With Mickey on the back... Then I spent an hour this morning spraying her hair with hair spray and ratting the crap out of it... I did her make up too... I was laughing so hard I was crying several times. :rotfl2: I wish I could dress her like this every day. She was joking around that Josh could wear these jeans and they could substitute for a back brace... :scratchin

Anyways... Here is Miss V. this morning, in all her 90's glory!

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1291-1.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1295-1.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

Have a fantastic day - and if you have any great 90's stuff laying around... Maybe you should all get it out and wear it occasionally? It was a lot of fun to "go back". :rolleyes1

D~

Love the pictures of V in her '90's outfit. I looked like that in HS and that was quite the stylish outfit then. I'm not sure if I should be honored or horrified that they are making fun of the '90's now. :confused3

In my mind, it wasn't that long ago. :rotfl:

Well job on the hair! :thumbsup2

Christine

:lmao: :rotfl:

OMG!!!! what no white Reebok high tops with the velcro?!?! I cannot tell you how much I LOVE THIS!!! i just wrote on all the pictures on facebook ...

this does NOT look like her!!! total back in time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter