~~ Sew hot, Hot, HOT! ~~ A sweltering Aug 2013 TR ~ Pre-Trippie link posted! ~ 10/31!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by DMGeurts, Aug 31, 2013.

1. DisneyTeacher01

DisneyTeacher01 Mouseketeer

:thumbsup2 LOVE the pillow case!! I want to do that (and squares for a quilt) on my next trip....whenever that may be! The pillowcase really turned out awesome! The best souvenir :)

Off to look for the PTR...

~Jennifer

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

D, I love all of the then and now pictures at Animal Kingdom. They are great!

I love the pillowcase...what a great idea and V did great with all of her signatures.

4. nannye

nannye DIS Veteran

:) I loved our conversation back - was such a nice end to the trip (and not to mention easing my nervousness about the whole flying solo thing - but I survived) I certainly wasn't surprised to see you girls coming out, as we'd talked about it before, but we thought we would be on different ME buses since my flight was 1-2 hours later than yours.

I am definitely going to do a pillow case for V next time, (if there is a next time) she just loved it!

LOve the photo of the 3 of you and love Ali's Name/watermark! does she have a site? I'd love to follow.

Off to find the PTR. I will start a TR for my trip soon. I've just got to get through my photo sessions and finish editing (ugh) and get the necklaces up and running, and.... and.... and.... (sigh)
    :confused:

5. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

Thanks Ashley! yah - I am not looking forward to Season 4... I hope they are able to keep up the Downton magic. Oh - for sure - my Target shifts are going faster and faster now...

Yah- Our Sulley/Mike interaction was less than stellar this time. Oh well...

Thanks! It did turn out really fun - I am very glad we did it. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

LOL I just think she was in a hurry - even though there was no need for it.

That is good to know... Half of them have been ironed - as she ironed it once or twice in WDW.

I love that Goofy hat too... It goes with us on every trip - but I don't think she wore it on this last one or the one before?

Thanks!!! I love how the pillowcase turned out - she did a great job picking out colors... towards the end there - it was getting difficult finding a spot for the characters to sign. If I were to guess - I bet there is about 15 hours of line waiting there for her? It did take her a lot of time - there were many times she went into a character line while Alli and I went into a different line (or had lunch LOL).

Thanks! I think the pillowcase worked out perfectly... And now she uses that pillowcase all the time on her bed. She is already planning another one for our next trip.

Thanks!

I think you should!!! It was such a great idea... I cheated and just purchased a package of white pillowcases - then I added the border. I am pretty sure I would do it the same way again, just because I don't think I could get the fabric to do it myself any cheaper.

Not sure if you saw or not - but I started my new PTR yesterday.

Thank you! I am happy to have you back... Why is it, we are always opposite on TRs/PTRs? It seems I am always writing one while you are writing the other? LOL I am super excited to hear about your trip!

Hi Bernadette! It's great to see you - I've missed ya! I think your new outlook on your job is a good one to have - I can tell that you have been very stressed out about it for quite some time - and I agree, it can't be doing you any good at home or at work. Breathe my dear.

I sure hope you are able to get everything done in time for your trip... I am hoping to make something for the girls for Christmas this year, but I don't know what? I kind of like your idea of PJ pants - I may have to use it. I think it's important that all kids get something hand made for Christmas.

Oh no... We had a FANTASTIC time with all of you!!! It was wonderful spending time with all of you and meeting the kids - not to mention, finally meeting you! I would LOVE to have the video some day - but please don't fret about it - when ever you have the time.

Thank you! Originally, it was supposed to be a CoP bag - it was supposed to be my CoP bag for our trip, but after I'd ordered the fabric, someone else had sone a CoP dress, using the same fabric, and even though she gave me permission to use her idea (sort of, LOL) - I just didn't feel right doing that. And I really wanted to make a Geppetto bag... So, there it was... Perfect. LOL

Thank you! I will be sure to tell her... I love how it turned out. It will be a fun day and a fun event for sure! And thank you - I have been working so hard, it's nice to finally start seeing some sort of pay off... Even though it isn't coming off quickly, I am moving in the right direction and I feel great - so that's the most important part. I am trying very hard to focus on that aspect of it.

I wish I could go at Christmas some day... But I would certainly have a hard time not doing many rides or anything - but I think your focus is a good one, and I may have use that if we ever get to go at that time.

Thanks! I just received the last of my fabric yesterday... So, hopefully I can get my last 3 stockings cut out and quilted this weekend... Then I will just have assembly to work on next week. With any luck - I will have them done by then. Phew!

Thanks! Yah - it was a LOT of waiting... I am thinking about 15 hours total? Maybe not that long... but Naveen was 1.5 hours alone... :scratchin Regardless - I really love how it turned out, and out of all the things we have taken to be autographed, this one has gotten the most use so far.

I feel so badly - it does sound like a mess. I sure hope you are able to get it resolved. It does seem like there are quite a few kinks in the system yet. I am certain you will have a wonderful trip - and it will be beautiful!

Thanks! I posted a bunch more in the intro to my PTR I started yesterday... I will be posting the link below.

Hahaha.... Ok - you win...

Victoria was on a mission for the entire trip to fill that pillowcase up totally. LOL Maybe another time you can do more of a character focus? I know we didn't see many on our last trip (March 2012) - but we were also able to get sooooo much more done.

Thank you Ruth... It is so bittersweet to watch them grow up.

Well... Welcome! I hope you enjoyed it. :lovestruc I just started my new PTR - you are more than welcome to come over there and join us.

Yah - Logi is super cute!

I hope you do use the pillowcase idea - it worked out really well, and I love the end result.

I love VB too - but their quality has gone seriously down hill since they started manufacturing everything in China... I wish they'd realize that and bring it back here.

Thanks Ruth! It was a lot of fun!

Thanks Jennifer! I highly recommend doing those items - they are great. I thought about doing the quilt squares, but I am afraid I would NEVER find the time to put them all together. LOL

Thanks Kathy! I love how it turned out in the end. It was so fun! And she was able to get a lot of signatures that she's never had before - so that was cool.

I agree - it was very nice to have you on the bus back with us... I was totally surprised to see you there - I knew we'd discussed it - but I thought it was pretty unlikely that we'd be on the same bus - it was really cool though.

I think you should do a pillowcase for V - she would love it!

Alli does not have a site - sorry. I am not sure if she will do one or not? She is still just really trying to get some practice in.

I can't wait for you to start your TR - please let me know when you do. ::yes::

So, this trip is finally over, another chapter closed.

For me, my trips start with the planning and my PTRs... and they end with the end of my TR.

I hope all of you will come find me and follow the girls and I as we plan our next big adventure...

~ Sew Sweet 16 ~ I’m packing extra shoes & your angry eyes just in case ~ Aug 2014 ~

D~​

6. Chicago Mo

Chicago Mo DIS Veteran

7. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Great update

8. Deesknee

Deesknee <font color=blue>When we were kids (long time ago)

Love all the then & Now's. It is amazing how much their features have matured over just the past 1 year! Both of them look so much older in the 2013 pictures than the 2012 pictures. I mean I expect the ones from 2008 etc. to be a huge difference, but geesh! They are both very beautiful young ladies. And D~ you look awesome!

Love the pillow case! How cool!

9. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Great update!

And.............

I'm off to read your new PTR................

10. LMN

LMN DIS Veteran

Great update! I've been MIA for a few weeks- will explain when I post on your PTR shortly. Loved the then and now pics! Its bittersweet to see them grow up isn't it? My oldest 2 are around your girls ages (Zach is 16 and Emily is 14). It is fun to see how much they've grown up at Disney.

Off to your PTR! :cool1:

11. maddiebee

maddiebee DIS Veteran

Just got all caught up on the rest of your TR! I really really love the "then and now" photos! That's so great to have! Lots of fun to follow along with!

12. RGirl

RGirl Change Is Good

Well, I found your TR a bit ago and have been reading, reading, reading popcorn::, trying to get caught up enough to post. Sadly, I didn't manage to make it before you reached the end. But I did not want to read your report and not comment! I so enjoyed reading about your wonderful all-girl trip with your DDs. And ending with the then-and-now pics was such a great idea. I loved it! :thumbsup2

13. DMGeurts

DMGeurts Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attac

Thank you!

Thanks Dee!! It is crazy how much the girls have grown, so sad though - it's going faster and faster as each day goes by.

Thanks Sheila! I hope you are having/had a great trip!

Thanks so much for stopping by Liesel. Yes, I love watching the girls grow up at Disney, and it's even better watching them love it.

Thanks so much! I am glad you enjoyed the "Now n' Then" photo series... Sadly I didn't get as many this trip as I had on previous trips, but since we were just there last year, I didn't think it was as necessary. But as Dee pointed out above - they have changed drastically in that time, so maybe I should have taken more? LOL Next time... :thumbsup2

Hi! Thanks for stopping by - I am glad you read through it, and thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I have my PTR going right now, it's nice and slow (for the time being... ::yes::)

D~

14. Poohbear77

Poohbear77 Mouseketeer

Great TR!