~~ Sew hot, Hot, HOT! ~~ A sweltering Aug 2013 TR ~ Pre-Trippie link posted! ~ 10/31!

:thumbsup2 LOVE the pillow case!! I want to do that (and squares for a quilt) on my next trip....whenever that may be! The pillowcase really turned out awesome! The best souvenir :)

Off to look for the PTR...

~Jennifer

D, I love all of the then and now pictures at Animal Kingdom. They are great!

I love the pillowcase...what a great idea and V did great with all of her signatures.

:) I loved our conversation back - was such a nice end to the trip (and not to mention easing my nervousness about the whole flying solo thing - but I survived) I certainly wasn't surprised to see you girls coming out, as we'd talked about it before, but we thought we would be on different ME buses since my flight was 1-2 hours later than yours.

I am definitely going to do a pillow case for V next time, (if there is a next time) she just loved it!

LOve the photo of the 3 of you and love Ali's Name/watermark! does she have a site? I'd love to follow.

Off to find the PTR. I will start a TR for my trip soon. I've just got to get through my photo sessions and finish editing (ugh) and get the necklaces up and running, and.... and.... and.... (sigh)
:confused:

Love the last set of now and then photos. Epcot is the worst in the heat with all the pavement.

I also read some bad reviews about season 4. I have awhile before I will be able to watch season 3.

The holiday season will be in full swing soon! Your target shifts will be whizzing by before you know it.

Thanks Ashley! yah - I am not looking forward to Season 4... I hope they are able to keep up the Downton magic. Oh - for sure - my Target shifts are going faster and faster now...

AW!!! the TSM you all look way more happier this year!! then the MU too bad they didn't do the scare roar again!!!

love these!!!

Yah- Our Sulley/Mike interaction was less than stellar this time. Oh well...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! I LOVE IT!

Nini

PS...can I say I now know what I am doing today!

Thanks! It did turn out really fun - I am very glad we did it. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Maybe she was afraid to iron it and mess up the signatures.......ok trying to give her a break. It is such a cute idea!

LOL I just think she was in a hurry - even though there was no need for it.

LOL...but she really SHOULD iron the signatures to set them....

That is good to know... Half of them have been ironed - as she ironed it once or twice in WDW.

The Goofy hat brings back fond memories. Our youngest daughter had to wear her Goofy hat every day of our trip when she was four years old. It was so cute.

I love the pillow case. The signatures turned out really well, especially considering that some of those characters can hardly see out of their costumes or have only three fingers.

I love that Goofy hat too... It goes with us on every trip - but I don't think she wore it on this last one or the one before?

Thanks!!! I love how the pillowcase turned out - she did a great job picking out colors... towards the end there - it was getting difficult finding a spot for the characters to sign. If I were to guess - I bet there is about 15 hours of line waiting there for her? It did take her a lot of time - there were many times she went into a character line while Alli and I went into a different line (or had lunch LOL).

Such fabulous now and then photos! She got SO MANY autographs on that pillowcase!!! I had considered doing a pillow case for the cruise, but I amafraid there won't be enough characters on board to fill the case completely. I think I have settled on doing a photo mat instead. We shall see. :hourglass With it being a year way, I could change my mind a hundred times.

Thanks! I think the pillowcase worked out perfectly... And now she uses that pillowcase all the time on her bed. She is already planning another one for our next trip.

Awesome pics!

Thanks!

I think I'm going to have to make some pillowcases for some special kids to take on their next trip to WDW!.

V's turned out really great. I like the idea of the autograph pillowcase more than an autograph book that might just sit on a shelf and gather dust.

So sad this TR is over:but I know that a new PTR will be starting soon

I think you should!!! It was such a great idea... I cheated and just purchased a package of white pillowcases - then I added the border. I am pretty sure I would do it the same way again, just because I don't think I could get the fabric to do it myself any cheaper.

Not sure if you saw or not - but I started my new PTR yesterday.

I'm back!! All caught up just in time for you to start the new PTR.

So glad you guys enjoyed BOG even though your server was not the best. That's definitely not the norm, I've had two wonderful servers there.

Yikes on the PP+ card going missing. Glad you got that worked out. I was definitely paranoid all trip about losing mine even though I did take a picture of the number right away.

Love all of the stocking you made for your family!

Such cute Then and Now pictures! Jim and I did get a few that were similar to our Honeymoon pictures.

Thank you! I am happy to have you back... Why is it, we are always opposite on TRs/PTRs? It seems I am always writing one while you are writing the other? LOL I am super excited to hear about your trip!

D-sorry I haven't been posting. The budget review with the president was yesterday. So glad that is over. Now just the stress of getting all the analysis done for the Board meeting 11/15. I think I told you one of the VPs quit. Things will continue to be stressful here for while. BUT...I decided I need a new attitude about this. I really don't want a new job and seriously don't want to give up my 6 weeks of vacation. I have decided to accept the fact that I do want to stay here but I can't change the way things are here now. I can just adjust my attitude toward it all. SO...it is just a job! I give it 100% while I'm here but can't stress about it outside of my working hours. I am striving to leave on time as staying late wasn't improving my attitude or releiving any stress. I just started this new attitude last week but it's been working so far. I even sewed a few things after work last week-a couple of PJ pants for a coworker's son who is having surgery next week, a pair of Christmas PJs for Emma (too short so I have to add to them-UGH-don't know how I measured them wrong) and a couple of Christmas pillowcases.

Hi Bernadette! It's great to see you - I've missed ya! I think your new outlook on your job is a good one to have - I can tell that you have been very stressed out about it for quite some time - and I agree, it can't be doing you any good at home or at work. Breathe my dear.

I sure hope you are able to get everything done in time for your trip... I am hoping to make something for the girls for Christmas this year, but I don't know what? I kind of like your idea of PJ pants - I may have to use it. I think it's important that all kids get something hand made for Christmas.

It was so wonderful spending time with you at MK on your last full day! I know my kids can be quiet and reserved but they LOVED you & the girls!!!! I have to get that video on a DVD and send it to you. I took it sideways. Joe was able to turn it around in iMovie on my Mac but I can't figure out how to upload it from there to photobucket. I do have a few cute photos I should upload though.

Oh no... We had a FANTASTIC time with all of you!!! It was wonderful spending time with all of you and meeting the kids - not to mention, finally meeting you! I would LOVE to have the video some day - but please don't fret about it - when ever you have the time.

I really LOVED the Pinocchio bag!!! Stunning as usual! Loved the lining fabric-that would be cool if you ever did a Carousel of Progress bag.

Thank you! Originally, it was supposed to be a CoP bag - it was supposed to be my CoP bag for our trip, but after I'd ordered the fabric, someone else had sone a CoP dress, using the same fabric, and even though she gave me permission to use her idea (sort of, LOL) - I just didn't feel right doing that. And I really wanted to make a Geppetto bag... So, there it was... Perfect. LOL

Your BFF did a great job on your turkey hat! How wonderful that V will do the turkey trot with you and how awesome that you are seeing such great results from all your hard work-working out and eating better. Way to go!

Thank you! I will be sure to tell her... I love how it turned out. It will be a fun day and a fun event for sure! And thank you - I have been working so hard, it's nice to finally start seeing some sort of pay off... Even though it isn't coming off quickly, I am moving in the right direction and I feel great - so that's the most important part. I am trying very hard to focus on that aspect of it.

Sorry to hear you got a less than steller server at BOG. Ours was bad too. I'm glad to have tried it but it won't be on my must go list. I'd like to try lunch there someday but Emma won't eat anything there-except dessert. And what a fiasco with your PP+ card. I had a photographer give my card to someone else before-just a regular one but still scary to think you've lost your photos-thankfully I was able to recover them all. I'm still on the fence about PP for December. Just when I thought I had talked myself out of it you post your now & then photos (LOVE all of them!). I do love all the PP borders! I think I might have to order it. Just regular as this trip is more about Christmas than rides and we aren't doing any meals with photos.

I wish I could go at Christmas some day... But I would certainly have a hard time not doing many rides or anything - but I think your focus is a good one, and I may have use that if we ever get to go at that time.

Love your stockings! Such great fabrics!

Thanks! I just received the last of my fabric yesterday... So, hopefully I can get my last 3 stockings cut out and quilted this weekend... Then I will just have assembly to work on next week. With any luck - I will have them done by then. Phew!

LOVE V's pillowcase!!!!! What a lot of work and waiting to collect all those autographs. When I bought the Disney Christmas fabric for the pillow cases I just made I was thinking I would use the Disney fabric for the back and use white for the front for Emma to use for autographs but she wasn't interested in that. I have to say I didn't push her because I didn't want to commit a ton of time to doing autographs-we have too much else to see.

Thanks! Yah - it was a LOT of waiting... I am thinking about 15 hours total? Maybe not that long... but Naveen was 1.5 hours alone... :scratchin Regardless - I really love how it turned out, and out of all the things we have taken to be autographed, this one has gotten the most use so far.

I've been stressing a bit about this whole fast pass plus thing for our December trip. What a nightmare it has been. I got Terry & I linked but she could only see me not Emma & I could see only her and not Halley. Then she tried to link their APs to her account but both passes got assigned to her. Then she just did a weekend trip to WDW and Halley's pass wouldn't work to get into the park.:scared1: They let her in when Terry showed her ID. She waiting to get it fixed at Guest Relations but they couldn't fix it so she spent an hour on the phone with IT when she got home and thinks it is fixed now. I can now see all 4 of us on my account and can pick all 4 of us for fast pass+ but when I go to finalize it it says Halley & Emma have exceeded thier limit. They both only 3 from the prior day.:badpc: Now I've got to try to call IT and see if they can fix that. Thankfully I had already decided this December trip is about seeing all the Christmas stuff and not about doing all the rides so I'm trying not to get too stressed about it but it so frustrating with how poorly this is being implemented. Hopefully it will be all straightened out before our next family trip.

I feel so badly - it does sound like a mess. I sure hope you are able to get it resolved. It does seem like there are quite a few kinks in the system yet. I am certain you will have a wonderful trip - and it will be beautiful!

WOW!!!!! LOVE that photo!!!! Hope to see more! Now you need one of the 4 of you! Oh wait - the 5 of you - can't forget Max.

Thanks! I posted a bunch more in the intro to my PTR I started yesterday... I will be posting the link below.

OHHHH the pillow case!!!!! i was a bit confused in how that all worked. well now i see and love it!

I like the way merida signs her name!!!

OK leaving here and going to the other one...

but can't without a.....................

Hold on..............

Hahaha.... Ok - you win...

Wow. Victoria got so many autographs. I feel like we didn't see so many characters this trip. Boo! My kids weren't into them. Luckily I got my character fix in Jan with my niece and nephew. I think we saw every princess and lots of characters.

Love this set of now and thens. I really like the ones in AK.

Victoria was on a mission for the entire trip to fill that pillowcase up totally. LOL Maybe another time you can do more of a character focus? I know we didn't see many on our last trip (March 2012) - but we were also able to get sooooo much more done.

Love the pillow case & how the girls have grown over the years.

Have a good day and can't wait to see the new custom.

Thank you Ruth... It is so bittersweet to watch them grow up.

Just sat down and read this TR in its entirety!
The pillow case idea was super neat, I think I may have to do that next trip.

Well... Welcome! I hope you enjoyed it. :lovestruc I just started my new PTR - you are more than welcome to come over there and join us.

OMG Logi is so cute!!!!! I want another puppy - - - - -

Yah - Logi is super cute!

Wow Victoria got a lot of autographs. That gives me an idea for my nephew.the
I'm not too fond of many of Vera's newer styles. It was really hard to find something for my sister. She always wants a Vera bag for cat sitting. I have made her a few bags, too but she loves Vera better.
My daughter has the Disney crossbody it black. She got it the day Disney released the line. We went to DTD after breakfast and walked right in and bought it. She was using it on Sunday when we were at the outlet store. The gorls that work there loved it.
Now I'll have to go over and start your pretrip report.
Liz

I hope you do use the pillowcase idea - it worked out really well, and I love the end result.

I love VB too - but their quality has gone seriously down hill since they started manufacturing everything in China... I wish they'd realize that and bring it back here.

Wow! what a trip! Can't wait to see what's in store for next time!!!

Thanks Ruth! It was a lot of fun!

LOVE the pillow case!! I want to do that (and squares for a quilt) on my next trip....whenever that may be! The pillowcase really turned out awesome! The best souvenir

Off to look for the PTR...

~Jennifer

Thanks Jennifer! I highly recommend doing those items - they are great. I thought about doing the quilt squares, but I am afraid I would NEVER find the time to put them all together. LOL

D, I love all of the then and now pictures at Animal Kingdom. They are great!

I love the pillowcase...what a great idea and V did great with all of her signatures.

Thanks Kathy! I love how it turned out in the end. It was so fun! And she was able to get a lot of signatures that she's never had before - so that was cool.

I loved our conversation back - was such a nice end to the trip (and not to mention easing my nervousness about the whole flying solo thing - but I survived) I certainly wasn't surprised to see you girls coming out, as we'd talked about it before, but we thought we would be on different ME buses since my flight was 1-2 hours later than yours.

I am definitely going to do a pillow case for V next time, (if there is a next time) she just loved it!

LOve the photo of the 3 of you and love Ali's Name/watermark! does she have a site? I'd love to follow.

Off to find the PTR. I will start a TR for my trip soon. I've just got to get through my photo sessions and finish editing (ugh) and get the necklaces up and running, and.... and.... and.... (sigh)

I agree - it was very nice to have you on the bus back with us... I was totally surprised to see you there - I knew we'd discussed it - but I thought it was pretty unlikely that we'd be on the same bus - it was really cool though.

I think you should do a pillowcase for V - she would love it!

Alli does not have a site - sorry. I am not sure if she will do one or not? She is still just really trying to get some practice in.

I can't wait for you to start your TR - please let me know when you do. ::yes::

So, this trip is finally over, another chapter closed.

For me, my trips start with the planning and my PTRs... and they end with the end of my TR.

I hope all of you will come find me and follow the girls and I as we plan our next big adventure...

~ Sew Sweet 16 ~ I’m packing extra shoes & your angry eyes just in case ~ Aug 2014 ~

D~​

Love all the then & Now's. It is amazing how much their features have matured over just the past 1 year! Both of them look so much older in the 2013 pictures than the 2012 pictures. I mean I expect the ones from 2008 etc. to be a huge difference, but geesh! They are both very beautiful young ladies. And D~ you look awesome!

Love the pillow case! How cool!

Great update!

And.............

I'm off to read your new PTR................

Great update! I've been MIA for a few weeks- will explain when I post on your PTR shortly. Loved the then and now pics! Its bittersweet to see them grow up isn't it? My oldest 2 are around your girls ages (Zach is 16 and Emily is 14). It is fun to see how much they've grown up at Disney.

Off to your PTR! :cool1:

Just got all caught up on the rest of your TR! I really really love the "then and now" photos! That's so great to have! Lots of fun to follow along with!

Well, I found your TR a bit ago and have been reading, reading, reading popcorn::, trying to get caught up enough to post. Sadly, I didn't manage to make it before you reached the end. But I did not want to read your report and not comment! I so enjoyed reading about your wonderful all-girl trip with your DDs. And ending with the then-and-now pics was such a great idea. I loved it! :thumbsup2

Great update

Thank you!

Love all the then & Now's. It is amazing how much their features have matured over just the past 1 year! Both of them look so much older in the 2013 pictures than the 2012 pictures. I mean I expect the ones from 2008 etc. to be a huge difference, but geesh! They are both very beautiful young ladies. And D~ you look awesome!

Love the pillow case! How cool!

Thanks Dee!! It is crazy how much the girls have grown, so sad though - it's going faster and faster as each day goes by.

Great update!

And.............

I'm off to read your new PTR................

Thanks Sheila! I hope you are having/had a great trip!

Great update! I've been MIA for a few weeks- will explain when I post on your PTR shortly. Loved the then and now pics! Its bittersweet to see them grow up isn't it? My oldest 2 are around your girls ages (Zach is 16 and Emily is 14). It is fun to see how much they've grown up at Disney.

Off to your PTR! :cool1:

Thanks so much for stopping by Liesel. Yes, I love watching the girls grow up at Disney, and it's even better watching them love it.

Just got all caught up on the rest of your TR! I really really love the "then and now" photos! That's so great to have! Lots of fun to follow along with!

Thanks so much! I am glad you enjoyed the "Now n' Then" photo series... Sadly I didn't get as many this trip as I had on previous trips, but since we were just there last year, I didn't think it was as necessary. But as Dee pointed out above - they have changed drastically in that time, so maybe I should have taken more? LOL Next time... :thumbsup2

Well, I found your TR a bit ago and have been reading, reading, reading popcorn::, trying to get caught up enough to post. Sadly, I didn't manage to make it before you reached the end. But I did not want to read your report and not comment! I so enjoyed reading about your wonderful all-girl trip with your DDs. And ending with the then-and-now pics was such a great idea. I loved it! :thumbsup2

Hi! Thanks for stopping by - I am glad you read through it, and thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I have my PTR going right now, it's nice and slow (for the time being... ::yes::)

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!