Severe Wind Breaks Wonder's Mooring Lines at PC!

Hi!

I thought we boarded on Deck 4 via a gangway in LA for the 2005 ( and 2008) Eastbound repos. So maybe FL, I have only embarked on deck 1 at Barcelona, it was fine.

Probably right Andrew.....I know on one of the cruises we boarded on deck 1, and like you said it was fine!!!

The debark went amazing this morning. It was very smooth. Once again, the DCL Officers and Crew did an amazing job making it a non-issue.

Everyone on the ship from the Captain to the stateroom hosts made sure that our cruise was amazing. Even while we were relocating to the new pier to load in the last few guests on the 30th, there were plenty of things going on for us to do and dinner/show times went off on time. We did Sail Away at Castaway Cay and it was amazing too!

It's proof positive that the Officers and Crew make DCL just so much more extra special.

Kudos to all the Officers and Crew!

The debark went amazing this morning. It was very smooth. Once again, the DCL Officers and Crew did an amazing job making it a non-issue.

Everyone on the ship from the Captain to the stateroom hosts made sure that our cruise was amazing. Even while we were relocating to the new pier to load in the last few guests on the 30th, there were plenty of things going on for us to do and dinner/show times went off on time. We did Sail Away at Castaway Cay and it was amazing too!

It's proof positive that the Officers and Crew make DCL just so much more extra special.

Kudos to all the Officers and Crew!

Kevin...so glad you had a great time and the Officers and Crew out did themselves again!!!!

MJ

First and foremost this has not impacted the vacation at all. The crew are amazing and all is well. We are still pierside but all is proceeding as normal.

The kid with the life jacket was ready for drill. No general alarm.

As always, the crew made the event a non-issue.

This is absolutely true! The crew is the best. :thumbsup2 We were on the Magic when the stack caught on fire in the middle of the night. I never felt in trouble at all. The crew was incredible. :love:

Dang, my first cruise and I won't be able to use the main gangway. Oh well, I'm just happy to go on it in the first place...

I was on this cruise as well and all I can say is WOW! The crew was amazing, regardless of the weather I had a GREAT time. I will say this it was quite neat getting off the ship from Deck 1, as you get off the ship you can just look up in awe of her beauty! I think that the Crew will make embarkation through the deck one gangways an exciting even, and it makes for some GREAT Photo ops!! hehe.. I hope you have fun on your first cruise.

I was also on this cruise and the crew really made it a non issue. All we heard in our room was that there was an incident but nobody was hurt. I had no idea what happened until later on after it was all done.

Looking at the pictures, I realize how serious it was. The captain said that the winds were 60mph.

I am on the cruise next Thursday and I am trying to think how we will board on deck 1 if the waiting area is on an upper level. Any clues? Maybe we'll go down the escalator which they use when you are leaving the ship and outside to a gangway that leads to deck 1? Any thoughts? Just wondering what to expect.

I am on the cruise next Thursday and I am trying to think how we will board on deck 1 if the waiting area is on an upper level. Any clues? Maybe we'll go down the escalator which they use when you are leaving the ship and outside to a gangway that leads to deck 1? Any thoughts? Just wondering what to expect.

I'm kinda wondering this myself...

Not 100% but as you said most likely go through the Mickey head and then down the escalator. Should make for some great photos of the ship :santa:

Just uploaded my pics from Stateroom 6550. Here is a view of the main gangway into the atrium. We were right above it and the banging was very loud. So lucky that no one was injured.

ry%3D480

It will be like boarding when you come back from a port.

I believe we boarded on Deck 1 from the 2005 Panama Canal cruise when we first boarded in LA. It was either that cruise or the cruise from Ft. Lauderdale when they had to change terminals due to Hurricane Jeanne....can't remember which cruise but I know on one of our DCL cruises we initially boarded on Deck 1.

We were on the Hurricane Mean Jeanne Magic cruise that left out of Fort Lauderdale and, yes, we boarded on Deck 1.

We have just returned from that cruise and were in the pics that WDWKEVIN posted looking over the rail. It was our frist ever cruise and were alittle scared we were in our room and heared alot of noise. But the criuse was great and everone did great .

This freaks me out because I take twins, in a double stroller, on and off the ship. I know when we're in port, leaving and/or coming back to the ship, I try to wait until I can wheel the twins right off/on without being in limbo ON the gangway. I've never been worried about coming or going at PC though. Yikes!!!

I'm glad nobody was hurt.

Jess

Just back from the 12/4 Wonder.

Everyone had to go through the Mickey ears, then down the escalator and board onto Deck 1. It was a bit hectic at the time we were boarding (around 1:30) but the crew did a great job of getting people on to the elevators and up to Wavebands in a timely manner.

Just back from the 12/4 Wonder.

Everyone had to go through the Mickey ears, then down the escalator and board onto Deck 1. It was a bit hectic at the time we were boarding (around 1:30) but the crew did a great job of getting people on to the elevators and up to Wavebands in a timely manner.

Ooh, I've been waiting to hear from someone on how boarding was working :)...so where did you go from deck 1? Did they announce each family as usual?

Ooh, I've been waiting to hear from someone on how boarding was working :)...so where did you go from deck 1? Did they announce each family as usual?

They sent everyone up to the Wavebands area (deck 3?), where you were directed to walk down that little corridor and into the main lobby. Once you walked into the lobby, they announced the names ;) .

It was a little hectic and chaotic, I must say. No doubt they are still ironing out all the kinks, but I'm sure it will go more smoothly as time goes on.

Thanks!

We cruise at the end of January, so not sure if the gangway will be fixed yet or not...as long as they get us on the ship is all that really matters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter