Severe Wind Breaks Wonder's Mooring Lines at PC!

Luckily no one was on any of the ramps or gangways. I walked out of the terminal after hearing the upper gangways collapse to see the aft lines snapping one by one. Most bizarre thing I have ever seen. I had just commented on the unusual pattern of the rain. On a side note, I see I made it into a few of the photos

I'm glad noone was hurt and you left on time. I hope the gangway is fixed in time for your return (I would be surprised if it isn't).

Have a WONDERful trip!

Wow! How lucky that no one was hurt!

Is that Capt. Tom in the shorts and bare feet?

Since everyone is okay, my DS was looking at the pictures with me and asked whose dad was at the controls. I told him it was probably the Captain and he said of course not, he is in shorts and doesn't have shoes on...he is someone's dad who is trying to help. I explained to him that since the ship was in port it was one of the few chances that the Captain had to take a break and didn't have time to get changed or put his shoes on when it happened.

Wow, I'm glad no one was hurt. A little concerned though because we leave on Thursday for the 3 day!:scared1:

A mooring line snapping can be a very serious thing for port personnel. The snap back from a line could cut a person in half. Glad that noone was injured. Also makes me think to have a good hold of the kids if the weather is bad and we're crossing the gangway.

Yes, those lines can be very dangerous! We were in Costa Maya in 2006 and the dock to the Magic and another ship was blocked by workers. One of the mooring lines was fraying and they had a CM on the Magic use an axe to cut it. What was not frayed snapped back quite sharply. The tension they withstand is incredible.

A reminder of how dangerous ship operations are and how DCL makes it look easy.

4 cruises and never gave it a 2nd thought, crossing that gangway.:worship:

I couldnt help but notice the ship officer in his shorts and NO shoes!! He was probably on "break" and ran like lightening to the control center. Yikes!

Wow that is so scary. Thanks for the great pictures though, I am sure the Captain is not seen that way very often. Hope everyone has a great trip.

Glad to know everything went ok and nobody got hurt... Interesting to see the ship leave at night...

Luckily no one was on any of the ramps or gangways. I walked out of the terminal after hearing the upper gangways collapse to see the aft lines snapping one by one. Most bizarre thing I have ever seen. I had just commented on the unusual pattern of the rain. On a side note, I see I made it into a few of the photos

tell us which photo you are in ;)

:scared1: That is crazy!

That photo with the capt and no shoes speaks volumes?

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise! at least you know you are in safe hands.

Since everyone is okay, my DS was looking at the pictures with me and asked whose dad was at the controls. I told him it was probably the Captain and he said of course not, he is in shorts and doesn't have shoes on...he is someone's dad who is trying to help. I explained to him that since the ship was in port it was one of the few chances that the Captain had to take a break and didn't have time to get changed or put his shoes on when it happened.
I loved that shot...just goes to show how quickly they can react. Poor Capt. John..now everyone has seen him barefooted at the controls. Henceforth known as 'the barefooted captain'!!!
Have to tell you...I'll be thinking about those shots as I walk across that walkway in a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter