• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2015 Countdown!

Party of 10, for my dad's 80th. 5 kids 5 adults. Kids are 17, 15, 13, 11 and 9. Adults...80, 46, 46, 45 and 41. Staying at the beach club.

We are doing a private Disney tour guide for 2 days. Also, firework cruise! We are going Sept 3 to 7. Short trip...dad is paying...hubby and I am planning everything.

One person in the group is vey anti Disney. My SIL is just totally against this trip and has tried to sabotage it along the way. I am bringing their magic bands with me so my SIL does not "lose them". Her newest trick is she is saying the 11 year old boy is afraid of rides and will cry and ruin the trip. We asked him and he said he is excited just does not like really violent roller coasters like at 6 flags. He seems to think every ride is like that. Before this she said my brother could not take off work...he can....then she did not know when the kids were starting school...she was afraid the kids would get sick due to their allergies...before that she said the kids did not want to go..they do. It goes on and on. I am tired of defending the trip! Vent over!

That sounds like such a fun trip! I've always wanted to do a trip with my cousins.

I'm sorry your SIL is tearing down the trip. Have you thought about asking her why she is being so negative? Or would it just cause drama? I don't understand how (or why) someone would be so negative and hateful to a gifted vacation. I know that Disney is not everyone's cup of tea but why they feel the need to try to bring everyone down is beyond me. If you don't want to go, then don't go but don't ruin it for everyone else.

It sort of reminds me of my coworker she just finds it ludicrous that I like to go to Disneyland so much (I had an AP for a long time but let it expire since we are doing WDW this fall) and gets upset at the fact that I enjoy my time there. Some people!:headache:

Party of 10, for my dad's 80th. 5 kids 5 adults. Kids are 17, 15, 13, 11 and 9. Adults...80, 46, 46, 45 and 41. Staying at the beach club.

We are doing a private Disney tour guide for 2 days. Also, firework cruise! We are going Sept 3 to 7. Short trip...dad is paying...hubby and I am planning everything.

One person in the group is vey anti Disney. My SIL is just totally against this trip and has tried to sabotage it along the way. I am bringing their magic bands with me so my SIL does not "lose them". Her newest trick is she is saying the 11 year old boy is afraid of rides and will cry and ruin the trip. We asked him and he said he is excited just does not like really violent roller coasters like at 6 flags. He seems to think every ride is like that. Before this she said my brother could not take off work...he can....then she did not know when the kids were starting school...she was afraid the kids would get sick due to their allergies...before that she said the kids did not want to go..they do. It goes on and on. I am tired of defending the trip! Vent over!

Tell you what...leave the cranky SIL at home. I'll come down a week early with my DD (8) and we'll help make sure everyone is happy. :) Really, I so don't understand people who must rain on other people's parade. If you're not happy and don't want to come, either suck it up or stay at home. Good luck!!!

Tell you what...leave the cranky SIL at home. I'll come down a week early with my DD (8) and we'll help make sure everyone is happy. :) Really, I so don't understand people who must rain on other people's parade. If you're not happy and don't want to come, either suck it up or stay at home. Good luck!!!

It is my SIL's way or the highway..she hates Disney with a capital HATE. She took the kids for a half day over Easter while visiting her mother and sister. She complained it was too crowded. Um..duh. It is Easter. She does not like fantastical or whimsy. She just does not understand childlike wonder. She just does not like it, get it or want it. She is not a Disney person. In my humble opinion...even being gifted a trip, she does not want her kids to have fun...because then they will WANT to go to Disney. Since she has relatives within an hour, I am hoping she will want to spend time with her father and sister...but her sister is a Disney fan and will probably want to go to the parks. My dad loves Disney. He is a big kid, and he is in great shape, goes ballroom dancing 6 days a week...this is for him.

I want to add...my hubby and I are Disney fans and we are going on an ABD Southern California trip 30 days from this WDW trip, so the timing is not ideal for us. My hubby had to beg for more vacation days and I am going without pay, because I have a new job this year...we are sacrificing for this trip...but no one seems to get that...lol my SIL keeps inferring that we convinced my dad to do this...trust me...we did not!

All the kids are my brother and SIL's kids, so she feels she has to go. At this point we have flights booked and money has been paid...so we are going...

It is my SIL's way or the highway..she hates Disney with a capital HATE. She took the kids for a half day over Easter while visiting her mother and sister. She complained it was too crowded. Um..duh. It is Easter. She does not like fantastical or whimsy. She just does not understand childlike wonder. She just does not like it, get it or want it. She is not a Disney person. In my humble opinion...even being gifted a trip, she does not want her kids to have fun...because then they will WANT to go to Disney. Since she has relatives within an hour, I am hoping she will want to spend time with her father and sister...but her sister is a Disney fan and will probably want to go to the parks. My dad loves Disney. He is a big kid, and he is in great shape, goes ballroom dancing 6 days a week...this is for him.

I want to add...my hubby and I are Disney fans and we are going on an ABD Southern California trip 30 days from this WDW trip, so the timing is not ideal for us. My hubby had to beg for more vacation days and I am going without pay, because I have a new job this year...we are sacrificing for this trip...but no one seems to get that...lol my SIL keeps inferring that we convinced my dad to do this...trust me...we did not!

All the kids are my brother and SIL's kids, so she feels she has to go. At this point we have flights booked and money has been paid...so we are going...

Well if worse comes to worst, you can tour separately!

Is it too late to join the party?? My 2 daughters and I will arrive on Sept 18 thru the 25, we are Little Mermaid at AoA

Hi everyone, just booked our trip we will be at the Polynesian from September 3rd - 13th, I hate that we are missing out on the Halloween party by such a short amount of time! I was so excited to do that, but we just couldn't make our dates work. Still, we are super excited to be back at the Polynesian and I know we will have an amazing trip!

89 days, not that Im counting!

Just ordered my magic bands. I learned Im way more of a control freak than I originally thought (and I always thought I was pretty bad). Hubby wanted grey, but I didnt like the color, so I ordered green and plan on telling him they just made a mistake :)

93 days till we arrive on property! I just received my large shipment from the Disney store. We are all ready for MNSSHP! Only thing left to get is maybe some sparkly Minnie ears. Hopefully the Emporium has them.

:rainbow: :dogdance:86!!:dogdance::rainbow:

I love that my ticker says 2 months lol I just don't look at the 3 weeks and 5 days, I like 2 months better :)

I just noticed I've neglected to update my trip dates haha. It's now Sept 8-Sept 14, 8-12 at Grand Floridian and 12-14 at OKW :) It ended up working better this way when it came to the plane flights.

We'll be a GF those days as well! It's my first time staying there. It has been my dream to stay there since I was 10 and my parents took me there for dinner one night. I fell in love with it immediately and never wanted to leave. I am worried that I'm going to burst into tears at check-in!

I think I may do the same thing. We should chat on here while we do. :)

I stayed up last time and I plan on doing so this time as well! I don't even think I really need to this time, but there's no way I could wait until the next day! And I agree with other posters, once FP+ were booked, time just flew by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter