September 2015 Countdown!

Definitely! I remember staying up to midnight last year to make our FPs and thinking "This trip is forever away!" And before I knew it we were leaving! When can I justify starting to pack?
Haha, I've started setting things aside. :rolleyes1

My justification though is that I'm pregnant and I tend to become absent minded so if I start packing now I won't forget anything vital. :p

This waiting period is just :crazy2:

Definitely! I remember staying up to midnight last year to make our FPs and thinking "This trip is forever away!" And before I knew it we were leaving! When can I justify starting to pack?

My justification though is that I'm pregnant and I tend to become absent minded so if I start packing now I won't forget anything vital. :p

I've started setting stuff aside as well but it's like 90% for my niece :cutie:
I'll probably start clothes shopping for myself in mid to late August. From now until the trip I'll be looking the travel size areas to pick up odds and ends.

You could say the same for my DD! She's definitely set in the clothing department.

The dollar section at Target has lots of fun Disney things I'm putting in her carry on back pack. Nothing like coloring Minnie to help pass time. :)

I'm new to the boards and just booked our first ever trip for September! We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge from 9/1-9/6. Counting down the 83 days left to go! :)

I just noticed I've neglected to update my trip dates haha. It's now Sept 8-Sept 14, 8-12 at Grand Floridian and 12-14 at OKW :) It ended up working better this way when it came to the plane flights.

Just booked last night. My son and I in one room and my BFF, her DH and their son in another room. We'll be at All Star Music from September 28 - October 2. So excited!

3 months from right now we will be on a plane to Orlando, checking in to POR, having lunch and then heading to EPCOT for the day, then dinner at Kona Cafe!!!!! Super excited to say that :)

Hello! Another September 2015 vacationer here! We will be coming down 9/12-9/20, staying BWI CL 9/12-9/16 and CR CL 9/16-9/20! This is our "1st wedding anniversary" trip; we were married at Disney in November 2014! Not quite one full year but close enough! We wanted to come at a time that has the lowest crowds, so September it is! (I've done the summer months when I was younger, November, December, January, February) I'm getting sooooo excited!! This will be our first time staying in September, I'm a little nervous about the heat/humidity but I'm doing my best to prep and get ready for it!
pixiedust:

I'm new to the boards and just booked our first ever trip for September! We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge from 9/1-9/6. Counting down the 83 days left to go! :)

Firstly, :welcome: to the boards and the Sept. thread. If you need any help or have any questions about WDW, please ask! I love to help people plan their vacation.
Have you been able to make any ADRs (advanced dining reservations), well in the case that you want them?

Firstly, :welcome: to the boards and the Sept. thread. If you need any help or have any questions about WDW, please ask! I love to help people plan their vacation.
Have you been able to make any ADRs (advanced dining reservations), well in the case that you want them?

Thank you!

We were actually planning our trip for November and had booked accordingly, but in spite of being online at 6 am on 180+10 days we were already shut out of any ADRs that we were hoping to get (mostly character spots, since we have two young girls and it's all of our first time, but even other restaurants had slim pickin's!), so we went back to the drawing board and decided to reschedule for these dates in September. School for us starts after Labor Day this year, so it worked out great! I'm a bit concerned about the heat and rain in September vs. November, but it was actually a great decision otherwise - we saved a ton of $$ on our resort costs and even though we're well within the 180 day mark, I was still able to schedule all of the ADRs that we wanted except BOG, which I know is very hard to get. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe a reservation will open up for that as we get closer to the dates of our trip, but even without it I know we'll have a wonderful time. :)

Congratulations and I think being pregnant is a very good excuse to take care of things earlier! I don't really have any good reason to start packing now other than I want to! :)

I think I have most of the clothes I need already, started shopping last month and made out pretty well. Just bought some new sandals this week (my favourite ones finally decided to break). Hopefully I have time to break the new ones in well.

Also, every time we go food shopping we pick up 1-2 travel sized items or other toiletries that we need specifically for the trip. So I do have most of my toiletries packed already!

My FP+ and online check-in day is July 7. I've never dealt with the FP+ service before so I hope I can get everything I want!

Thank you!

We were actually planning our trip for November and had booked accordingly, but in spite of being online at 6 am on 180+10 days we were already shut out of any ADRs that we were hoping to get (mostly character spots, since we have two young girls and it's all of our first time, but even other restaurants had slim pickin's!), so we went back to the drawing board and decided to reschedule for these dates in September. School for us starts after Labor Day this year, so it worked out great! I'm a bit concerned about the heat and rain in September vs. November, but it was actually a great decision otherwise - we saved a ton of $$ on our resort costs and even though we're well within the 180 day mark, I was still able to schedule all of the ADRs that we wanted except BOG, which I know is very hard to get. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe a reservation will open up for that as we get closer to the dates of our trip, but even without it I know we'll have a wonderful time. :)

I have heard that the rain in September has not been too terrible in the past few years, but that also varies by week.
When I went int 2012, It hardly rained or at least the rain did not affect my touring which was so great. It was very hot but being from California, I can do hot. It's the humidity that really drains you. Just remember to keep yourselves hydrated and take breaks when you need them to prevent exhaustion.

I've found that consistently checking online as the trip gets closer is a great way to find ADRs. A lot of people shuffle their schedules and drop a bunch.

If you're on facebook, I would recommend joining the September 2015 group (can a mod PM @DIS_AWC the link?). The group is great, super friendly and fun. They also post when they're dropping ADRs so it might help you out.

:) Happy planning!

Not sure how I missed this thread. We are traveling 9/9-9/19 staying at the Poly!! 90 days today!!:-):D:D:-)

Myself & hubby going back home for another visit September 25-30, 2015

1st stay at POR in a royal room!!

I haven't read through the entire thread, but wanted to stop in real quick and say I booked a trip earlier today for 8/29-97, split stay Pop/WL. We were planning a trip for next Aug (2016) but there really was no reason not to go this year. :-) I am still debating whether to tell the girls and if so, when. Oldest DD talks nonstop about our trip next year so I can't imagine how she will react when she finds out we are actually going THIS August!

Party of 10, for my dad's 80th. 5 kids 5 adults. Kids are 17, 15, 13, 11 and 9. Adults...80, 46, 46, 45 and 41. Staying at the beach club.

We are doing a private Disney tour guide for 2 days. Also, firework cruise! We are going Sept 3 to 7. Short trip...dad is paying...hubby and I am planning everything.

One person in the group is vey anti Disney. My SIL is just totally against this trip and has tried to sabotage it along the way. I am bringing their magic bands with me so my SIL does not "lose them". Her newest trick is she is saying the 11 year old boy is afraid of rides and will cry and ruin the trip. We asked him and he said he is excited just does not like really violent roller coasters like at 6 flags. He seems to think every ride is like that. Before this she said my brother could not take off work...he can....then she did not know when the kids were starting school...she was afraid the kids would get sick due to their allergies...before that she said the kids did not want to go..they do. It goes on and on. I am tired of defending the trip! Vent over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter