Revival of the angry thread!

Yeah me too because according to the who's at the fort calendar he's there now for a while and he says he's coming to the LDGG. I think I've lost my status as "always at the fort" to several other dis'ers. Sign me as not there as much as I used to. Maybe the new chic will like the fort and want to go more. I need funding from her lol.
Does she have a cool fishing boat? That would make her the perfect woman, Donnie!

I sure do! Like talking to another insurance agent tomorrow, or the insurance commission, whichever I feel more evil doing tomorrow!

The state insurance commission is a joke, Jen. It seems that they protect the insurance industry, and not the consumers. Just look at the "deal" Crist & Bill Nelson recently made with Warren Buffet!!!

Before you change companies, try to find out the saturation of the new company in your area. If they have too many insurers, they can cancel your policy without just cause. Allstate has & still does this. If you belong to a credit union, find out what insurance companies they partner with and if you're eligible for a discount. We went with Liberty Mutual on cars & house just for that reason. We get a 10% discount because we're CU members.

Because your area was hard hit in 2004, you might have some trouble finding a new company that won't cancel you after six months. If that happens, you'll be stuck in the state insurance pool and your insurance will double. My MIL has no insurance on her house now due to that. Her house is worth maybe $75K not including the property it sits on, and she was going to be charged almost $6K a year for insurance - and that was in 2006. Because her home is mortgage free, she doesn't have to have insurance.

If your policy is cancelled and your mortgage company "assigns" you to the pool ----- look out!! You or Chris would have to get a second job just to pay the homeowners. Don't look to the insurance commission for any help. They are a joke!

Uh oh! What did I do?:eek:

Yeah me too because according to the who's at the fort calendar he's there now for a while and he says he's coming to the LDGG. I think I've lost my status as "always at the fort" to several other dis'ers. Sign me as not there as much as I used to. Maybe the new chic will like the fort and want to go more. I need funding from her lol.

???? Okay, is there another Kahuna on this forum?:confused3

Down With Kahuna, Down With Steve, He's A Witch, Burn Him

Uh oh! What did I do?:eek:

???? Okay, is there another Kahuna on this forum?:confused3

No...it's you. :sad2:

You see.......I was a peace loving girl. With a daddy who is an activist....fighting against the inhumanity of hog farms. I fought along side him. Never allowing pork products to touch my lips. Down with the hog farms that pack those piggies in like sardines and feed them antibiotics and allow them to wallow in their own fecal matter! I eat only happy animals.

Then one day, the evil Kahuna tempted me with visions of venison, water chestnuts, jalepenos.......wrapped in bacon. I succomed. It was only one....and I'm sure it must have been a happy pig.

For weeks, memory of that delicious morsal stayed with me until one day......I just had to have a BLT. I couldn't fight it any longer. A few nights ago I cooked a lovely dish called Penne Calabrese. A dish that included.......italian sasauge! {gasp}

So you see. I have to keep an ugly secret from my own father. And it's all your good cooking fault.

We're all going to need bypass surgery...maybe we can get a group discount!!!

Congrats on the swallowing of the pig Ami...its been LOOOONG over due!

Well, I'll be making more of that stuff this next GG!!

In addition, they opened up an Italian Market about 4 miles from my house so we'll see what good things will come from that for the GG!!!:thumbsup2

I wish they'd open one near us. There should be plenty on that coast.

The state insurance commission is a joke, Jen. It seems that they protect the insurance industry, and not the consumers. Just look at the "deal" Crist & Bill Nelson recently made with Warren Buffet!!!

Before you change companies, try to find out the saturation of the new company in your area. If they have too many insurers, they can cancel your policy without just cause. Allstate has & still does this. If you belong to a credit union, find out what insurance companies they partner with and if you're eligible for a discount. We went with Liberty Mutual on cars & house just for that reason. We get a 10% discount because we're CU members.

Because your area was hard hit in 2004, you might have some trouble finding a new company that won't cancel you after six months. If that happens, you'll be stuck in the state insurance pool and your insurance will double. My MIL has no insurance on her house now due to that. Her house is worth maybe $75K not including the property it sits on, and she was going to be charged almost $6K a year for insurance - and that was in 2006. Because her home is mortgage free, she doesn't have to have insurance.

If your policy is cancelled and your mortgage company "assigns" you to the pool ----- look out!! You or Chris would have to get a second job just to pay the homeowners. Don't look to the insurance commission for any help. They are a joke!

I have had the same company since I bought the house in 2000. They just really get to me. They only write policies for teachers and their families. I am policy shopping and venting, not canceling (yet). I watched my parents go through what you just described. I promise I will be careful.

Had to pay my tax bill (general taxes due on the house today):headache: This makes me angry..coming back from vacation to pay taxes..last day without penalty. Needless to say this makes me angry. Probably not as angry as paying the school tax that is due come October. But still...not happy.
Well, at least I have a place to vent about it. I honestly don't know what the heck we're even paying for anymore. Having been on vacation I really didn't want to come home ..let alone pay a tax bill. Reality stinks.:sad2:

Had to pay my tax bill (general taxes due on the house today):headache: This makes me angry..coming back from vacation to pay taxes..last day without penalty. Needless to say this makes me angry. Probably not as angry as paying the school tax that is due come October. But still...not happy.
Well, at least I have a place to vent about it. I honestly don't know what the heck we're even paying for anymore. Having been on vacation I really didn't want to come home ..let alone pay a tax bill. Reality stinks.:sad2:

You need to get out of Long Island and move down to Florida. Those taxes are crazy up there.

You need to get out of Long Island and move down to Florida. Those taxes are crazy up there.

We have tossed that idea around before. I do have some cousins who have done as you suggest. Things are a changin' here for us. With both our work and family situation. Mostly we're being screwed in more ways than you can imagine. I am the primary care giver for my parents who are both in poor health. I should say my sister and I are. I couldn't leave that on her alone. Although we do have two brothers..but when it comes to actually caring for our parents...not so much.:sad2: It's like my dad used to say when we were little. "A son is a son till he gets him a wife, your daughter is your daughter for the rest of her life."
I think my dad saw the writing on the wall even back then. :sad2: I'd have to pack up the whole damn family..but I'm seriously thinking it's not a bad idea. Maybe that's just my Fl. vacation talking, but we've not been happy here for a while. I don't think there is anything much I'd miss about Long Island. I would miss our trips to upstate NY..but not much about the Island.

I would like to know exactly which members of the animal kingdom fit this description? I know I'M happy when I'm eating them...chicken, cows, fish, piggies, uneasily identified nuggets...:love:

HeeHee! When I eat an animal I like to picture a cow (or whatever) spending lazy days in a lush green field, surrounded by friendly cows and family cows. Frolicking, slurping up the cool, blue water from a nearby spring. Eating only corn and grain grown on the same land with no use of pesticides. Never a shot of hormones given, never put in a steel building. Cared for by sweet farmers who take joy in the care that they give. They are humanely killed and turned into lunch meet only when their lives have been lived to the fullest potential.

I just ate bacon again...so please, please....DON"T TELL ME OTHERWISE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter