Revival of the angry thread!

HeeHee! When I eat an animal I like to picture a cow (or whatever) spending lazy days in a lush green field, surrounded by friendly cows and family cows. Frolicking, slurping up the cool, blue water from a nearby spring. Eating only corn and grain grown on the same land with no use of pesticides. Never a shot of hormones given, never put in a steel building. Cared for by sweet farmers who take joy in the care that they give. They are humanely killed and turned into lunch meet only when their lives have been lived to the fullest potential.

I just ate bacon again...so please, please....DON"T TELL ME OTHERWISE!

Cows are stupid. I was raised in dairy farm country. Trust me... they're stupid.

The cow is the perfect example of an animal created by God solely to be a food source for us. They serve no other purpose. The pig is the same. I mean, what else are they good for except to eat? My uncle had a pig once that he was afraid to kill - the thing was huge and mean. It died of old age, but it was still pretty good. My great aunt had a large dairy farm. Cows were tools - they were only good so far as they would make money. When the milk production went down, they were toast. They had a particularly cool instrument to kill them which involved a .22 round in a stick that was placed between the eyes and BLAM - down they went.

You want to talk stupid farm animals - domestic turkeys are about the dumbest creature I have ever seen - an insult to their wild counterpart. My family knew this turkey farmer who told me they had to keep them under cover because when it rained, the stupid turkey would look up to see where the water was coming from with its mouth open and drown. I never did figure out if he was kidding me or not, but they were dumb birds.

I had a friend in Texas who had a bunch of pigs he trained to bend their front legas and pray before the ate. Taught them with a 2x4!

Oh man, pigs are the worst. If people saw them wallowing around in their own crap and eating the garbage they do, nobody would eat bacon. I don't know how anything so disgusting can taste so good. And the boars are mean as spit.

Around here we have some moose, and you want to see a dumb animal? My goodness, they're as dumb as a box! I don't really know anyone that eats moose-meat, though. :confused3

HeeHee! When I eat an animal I like to picture a cow (or whatever) spending lazy days in a lush green field, surrounded by friendly cows and family cows. Frolicking, slurping up the cool, blue water from a nearby spring. Eating only corn and grain grown on the same land with no use of pesticides. Never a shot of hormones given, never put in a steel building. Cared for by sweet farmers who take joy in the care that they give. They are humanely killed and turned into lunch meet only when their lives have been lived to the fullest potential.

I just ate bacon again...so please, please....DON"T TELL ME OTHERWISE!

He was a happy pig. :hug:

Had to pay my tax bill (general taxes due on the house today):headache: This makes me angry..coming back from vacation to pay taxes..last day without penalty. Needless to say this makes me angry. Probably not as angry as paying the school tax that is due come October. But still...not happy.
Well, at least I have a place to vent about it. I honestly don't know what the heck we're even paying for anymore. Having been on vacation I really didn't want to come home ..let alone pay a tax bill. Reality stinks.:sad2:

Auntie, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Our taxes here in NJ are totally out of control! Our school tax is included in our property tax bill and 70% of what we pay goes to the schools. I feel so bad for the senior citizens. The rising cost of taxes is just pushing them out of their homes that they have lived in for decades. I also would love to move out of here, but I can't leave my parents. I, too, have a brother, but he is useless when it comes to depending on him to take on any "care" that is needed. :mad:

Auntie, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. Our taxes here in NJ are totally out of control! Our school tax is included in our property tax bill and 70% of what we pay goes to the schools. I feel so bad for the senior citizens. The rising cost of taxes is just pushing them out of their homes that they have lived in for decades. I also would love to move out of here, but I can't leave my parents. I, too, have a brother, but he is useless when it comes to depending on him to take on any "care" that is needed. :mad:

We have a retired neighbor couple who are renting out their basement apartment, so that they can afford to stay in the house they raised their family in. I might add that it is illegal to do this, but we neighbors don't have the heart to rat them out. They rent to another older couple who don't own a car, so they aren't taking any parking space on the street up, and they don't have kids that the school district has to pay to educate. So...the neighbors look the other way. Otherwise, they could not afford to stay here on the island. They raised their 4 kids here, but can't make it between the taxes and the cost of living. He was a truck driver, and she is a retired nurse.
Unfortunately this is becoming more the norm. We are loosing our young people because there is no affordable housing for them. When apts rent for some $1600 a month..it's tough to save for a house. Even a small starter/fixer upper type home is at least $400,000.

The sad truth is that even if you own your home outright, you still have to pay the taxes or you could lose it due to a tax lien. It's heartbreaking to see the elderly who thought they had saved enough and had some sort of pension that can't pay their taxes. Some of these people may end up with a tax lien against their property and, if not eventually paid, can be foresclosed on by the lienholder. Can you imagine losing your life-long home because you couldn't afford to pay the taxes?

The home prices are unreasonable here, too. I don't know how the young people who are trying to buy their first house are going to be able to do it. We aren't even in the most expensive part of NJ and we are stunned by the astronomical prices of "fixer-uppers" here, not to mention the "McMansions". I thank God I bought in 1995 when the prices were low(er).

We left NJ in 03--our property taxes were over 10K. We came down here with my parents. They live a mile away in the same subdivision, so if they need me (they are 72 and 82) I am close by. The winters up north were also a major factor....I love winter down here in Fla. It's just gorgeous. The kids love being able to play outside year round, and Pete loves to play golf in January!!:goodvibes

We left NJ in 03--our property taxes were over 10K. We came down here with my parents. They live a mile away in the same subdivision, so if they need me (they are 72 and 82) I am close by. The winters up north were also a major factor....I love winter down here in Fla. It's just gorgeous. The kids love being able to play outside year round, and Pete loves to play golf in January!!:goodvibes

I wish I could get my parents to move with us! They are 72 and almost 79 and too stubborn for their own good! Actually, they are in excellent shape, physically and mentally. Thank God. But I just can't leave them. I know that, God forbid, when they do start to fail, it will be easier for me to be close geographically. But I will have no problem leaving my brother behind.... :lmao:

DH went to Fla. last year to help Dade County with a crane they bought from the company he works for. They told him anytime he wanted, he could have a job with them. Don't know if they really meant it, but hey, you never know. :confused3

Oh man, pigs are the worst. If people saw them wallowing around in their own crap and eating the garbage they do, nobody would eat bacon. I don't know how anything so disgusting can taste so good. And the boars are mean as spit.

We used to have a pig named Homer...it was supposed to be a mini-pot bellied....but that sucker got upto like 80lbs!!!! HE was really cute and sweet when he was little(he was only little for about 10 minutes), but once he hit puberty...he HATED my guts....he loved all the girls and my wife...even the dog...but he hated me with a passion...I think he knew I was the leader....and he wanted to kill me and take over. I was literally afraid to go in my backyard without a shovel. He would grumble in this low tone at me...kinda like a snarl...but with definate rhythm, more like a death chant. I honestly think Satan was channeling through him and he was threatening me.

We finally gave him away to some kids who wanted him...they lived in a 3rd floor apartment with a tiny balcony......I hope that sucker jumped!

7a616329.jpg

Our total property tax for the year $1251.00. 5 fenced acres, 2100 sq. ft. brick home with 2 car garage and 36'x36' metal building. Now our sales tax is 9.75 percent on everything including food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter