Recieved Free Dining PIN code for rest of year!!

O.K., you are totally cracking me up. We live outside of Philly too and I'm sitting here thinking the same thing. The only vacation my family has ever been on is to Wildwood Crest!
I just HAVE to talk my husband into this one! The free dining plan would be a HUGE incentive for him, not sure if I can convince him otherwise. I called, no pin on my account though. : (
Here's hoping the deal goes public for the first week in December! (and whenever you are hoping to go to of course) : )

Thanks for laughing with me, Cara! I'm not typically such a whiner. Time for me to go to bed, clearly.

Does the e mail come from disney destinations? Nothing yet just wanted to make sure. Also called tonight no luck

Also if your sister got one do you guys live at the same address? Just wondering how that works thanks for the help

No, my sister does not live at my address but we are going to WDW together, already had linked reservations so we could get FD for both of us.

Could be a long 5 months, my sis has been teasing me that after all I have done for the last few years to keep getting pins, she did nothing and was the one who got the pin we were hoping for.

Realized today is the 19th, in exactly 5 months we will be heading to Disney!

Ok...so I just called again to check if I had a pin and no luck....BUT I spoke with an Awesome CM and I said, "my friend got a pin so I was hoping you could just check for me"...and when she said, no I'm sorry you don't, BUT did you kow your friend can book up to three rooms with that pin code? So now that I've armed you with some knowledge you might want to call your friend:) I asked and she said they don't have to be family and once the reservation is made you can call and make any changes...put it on your own account, etc.!!!! Well...when I said friend, I meant "friends" here in the disboards. I would be SO THANKFUL if anyone that wasn't able to use their FD pin for Nov. would be able to make a ressie for me and we can pass the magic amongst those who really LOVE WDW! :wizard:Please PM me if anyone would be so willing. With four kiddos FD is the best value for us and only way we can go. And my 180 mark is tomorrow!!

I called again tonight too - no luck for us either.

I am totally bumming about this. I don't know how we're going to swing it, but I can't back out now since we already told the kids. I'm so excited to go and terrified to go at the same time. UGH.

We should have just planned another boring visit to the Jersey shore at the end of the summer. But noooooo, I had to get all creative and suggest Disney. Who do I think I am, Nelson Rockefeller? Might as well be, with the cost of this.

I just don't understand how some people can afford to go multiple times in their lifetime. This is seriously a once-in-a-lifetime kinda thing for us.

Do I sound pouty? I feel pouty. Where's the pouty "Smilie"?

I am totally feeling your pain! We told the kids as well, thinking we would get the free dining like we do every other year for our week in August. But the cost of food for 5 people along with the crazy airfares this year, and I don't know how we're gonna swing it either. :confused:

Ok...so I just called again to check if I had a pin and no luck....BUT I spoke with an Awesome CM and I said, "my friend got a pin so I was hoping you could just check for me"...and when she said, no I'm sorry you don't, BUT did you kow your friend can book up to three rooms with that pin code? So now that I've armed you with some knowledge you might want to call your friend:) I asked and she said they don't have to be family and once the reservation is made you can call and make any changes...put it on your own account, etc.!!!! Well...when I said friend, I meant "friends" here in the disboards. I would be SO THANKFUL if anyone that wasn't able to use their FD pin for Nov. would be able to make a ressie for me and we can pass the magic amongst those who really LOVE WDW! :wizard:Please PM me if anyone would be so willing. With four kiddos FD is the best value for us and only way we can go. And my 180 mark is tomorrow!!

Person making the reservation is going to have put down a $200 deposit at the time of booking the package. Can't imagine many people would be willing to do that for a stranger, even a fellow DISer.

Person making the reservation is going to have put down a $200 deposit at the time of booking the package. Can't imagine many people would be willing to do that for a stranger, even a fellow DISer.

Really? I totally would if it meant FD and over a thousand dollar savings for a fellow disney lover. Of course I would cover myself, and have the person pay me ahead of time through PayPal. No risk and nothing lost! Spread the magic!

Really? I totally would if it meant FD and over a thousand dollar savings for a fellow disney lover. Of course I would cover myself, and have the person pay me ahead of time through PayPal. No risk and nothing lost! Spread the magic!

This might also be considered "cheating the system" with Disney which is usually not allowed to be discussed on these boards.

Well, I consider you all friends, so I would do it, too. Unfortunately, though, I'm one that's desperately looking for the PIN this year for our August dates. :sad:

I don't see it that way at all...especially since a Disney employee suggested it!

Look at the first sticky in these forums, you will see this.

9. DISCOUNT CODES: As mentioned above, the DIS is all about planning a Disney vacation. On occasion, Disney does release discounts which usually can be obtained via a code. This information will be available in our Discounts section. However, Disney also sends mailings to specific individuals/target groups which contain a discount that can only be obtained with a PIN (personal identification number.) If you receive one of these offers, please do not share your PIN/Code on the DIS for others to use. We respect the fact that these offers are not for the general public and will remove any posts that include this information. Understand that this action is for your protection. For example, say you use Mrs. Smith's code. When you check in and are asked to produce proof that you are Mrs. Smith and cannot do so, you will be charged the full rate

Sorry, I too would LOVE to get the pin code, but I will wait and hope.

Be patient. People always panic when FD pins are released and they don't get one. It's only a matter of time before FD is released to the general public (July/Aug).

I was fortunate enough to get a FD pin, but the only moderate resort that was available for our time frame was CBR. My family doesn't like CBR, so we'll be waiting for FD to be released to the general public and for more rooms to open up at other moderate resorts (POR/POFQ/CSR).

That isn't how it works. They can only book for you if they are going on the trip themselves and going at the same time.

This entire idea is against board policy...

9.. DISCOUNT CODES: As mentioned above, the DIS is all about planning a Disney vacation. On occasion, Disney does release discounts which usually can be obtained via a code. This information will be available in our Discounts section. However, Disney also sends mailings to specific individuals/target groups which contain a discount that can only be obtained with a PIN (personal identification number.) If you receive one of these offers, please do not share your PIN/Code on the DIS for others to use. We respect the fact that these offers are not for the general public and will remove any posts that include this information. Understand that this action is for your protection. For example, say you use Mrs. Smith's code. When you check in and are asked to produce proof that you are Mrs. Smith and cannot do so, you will be charged the full rate.

Whoooo hoooo! Thanks to the person who mentioned checking your junk mail on the other thread (which I never do!). I have a PIN! Calling now!:thumbsup2:goodvibes love you guys!:wizard:

Blessed_wth_Triplets said:
Whoooo hoooo! Thanks to the person who mentioned checking your junk mail on the other thread (which I never do!). I have a PIN! Calling now!:thumbsup2:goodvibes love you guys!:wizard:

They should have told you that you had a PIN this morning when you called them????? And now you have one? In an old email? Is it for FD?

I called again tonight too - no luck for us either.

I am totally bumming about this. I don't know how we're going to swing it, but I can't back out now since we already told the kids. I'm so excited to go and terrified to go at the same time. UGH.

We should have just planned another boring visit to the Jersey shore at the end of the summer. But noooooo, I had to get all creative and suggest Disney. Who do I think I am, Nelson Rockefeller? Might as well be, with the cost of this.

I just don't understand how some people can afford to go multiple times in their lifetime. This is seriously a once-in-a-lifetime kinda thing for us.

Do I sound pouty? I feel pouty. Where's the pouty "Smilie"?

Well, we have large family and traveling most anywhere is expensive. We do Disney every year because it is within driving distance, less than 8 hours and because of free dining. With the free dining discount it's actually one of the cheaper trips we can take. I try to book a week the kids will already be out a day or two so they only miss a few days of school. For me missing 3 days of school is worth the huge savings and lower crowds. We also go to the beach every year and its not really much cheaper than doing Disney with a FD discount. If they ever totally got rid of free dining we would only go every 2 or 3 years.

I believe they meant your friend could book up to three rooms with their one pin cod. Your friend would have to book the trip with your address and CC info or book for you using their address or CC info, you can't just call in with anyone's pin code because the codes are name specific and non-transferrable. Sorry :-(

I believe they meant your friend could book up to three rooms with their one pin cod. Your friend would have to book the trip with your address and CC info or book for you using their address or CC info, you can't just call in with anyone's pin code because the codes are name specific and non-transferrable. Sorry :-(

The OP posted the same on a different thread and has been told this is against DIS guidelines. That thread has been closed by the mod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter