"RapidFill" RFID refillable mugs coming back resort wide...

Has anyone seen pink mugs available on the rapid fill system yet? I keep hearing there will be pink ones but I haven't seen any pics or posts to confirm it. Really want pink!! :)

Nope. A few blogs listed that the old colors would also be RFID, but I have not seen any confirmation of that anywhere. The only RFID mugs to be found are purple, green, and orange.

Nope. A few blogs listed that the old colors would also be RFID, but I have not seen any confirmation of that anywhere. The only RFID mugs to be found are purple, green, and orange.

That is correct...all RFID mugs are either purple, green or orange at this point. They stick to three colors for some reason...I really wish they'd use four.

By the way, Blizzard Beach also has RFID/RapidFill now (not sure when it was put in in place of the barcodes), but it appears to be independent of the resort system. They have fatter mugs with green tops (only that I saw). I saw some people holding resort RFID mugs, but I didn't notice them filling.

They also don't have a bee problem at all. They use misters to keep the bees away.

That is correct...all RFID mugs are either purple, green or orange at this point. They stick to three colors for some reason...I really wish they'd use four.

By the way, Blizzard Beach also has RFID/RapidFill now (not sure when it was put in in place of the barcodes), but it appears to be independent of the resort system. They have fatter mugs with green tops (only that I saw). I saw some people holding resort RFID mugs, but I didn't notice them filling.

They also don't have a bee problem at all. They use misters to keep the bees away.

Blizzard has had those for a long time if I'm not mistaken...

It's one day use... So probably less brain power is required of the machines

There are a lot of pages, so this may have been covered, but can you mix soda with this new system?

My boys' favorite thing about soda fountains is the ability to put more than one type of soda in their cups. Even I tend to give a little splash of Sprite to my Diet Coke for a little lemon taste. Will the computer only let you fill from one?

Blizzard has had those for a long time if I'm not mistaken...

It's one day use... So probably less brain power is required of the machines

The machines used to use a bar code. According to a PP BB is now using RID instead of bar codes.

The machine has to verify the cup has a chip which permits fills today. It doesn't matter if the chip was originally valid for more then one day.

Less brainpower needed. Yes but not machine brainpower. I suspect very few people think they can bring back old mugs to water parks. Did I buy the mug today. It should work. Did I buy it last trip. It won't work.

There are a lot of pages, so this may have been covered, but can you mix soda with this new system?

According to posters you can push the button to stop dispensing soda then finish the fill with a different soda.

What exactly is the reason they named them "Rapid" fill? Does this thing make anything about the process faster?

What exactly is the reason they named them "Rapid" fill? Does this thing make anything about the process faster?

From what I have read, it literally fills the mug faster than a normal soda machine. As in, the speed of the liquid coming out of the spout is faster.

Interestingly, BB offers "recharge" of old mugs.

From what I have read, it literally fills the mug faster than a normal soda machine. As in, the speed of the liquid coming out of the spout is faster.

Haven't really noticed a difference, really. Just sounds like a trademarkable name to me.

Checked in to BCV today and were told RFID goes live tomorrow ! Some mugs still on shelf without rapid refill so watch out. But they are checking because they activated the RFID on each mug. He said keep receipt in case anything goes wrong so they can replace mugs if needed.

Can someone please tell me how this works with the FREE refill cup offered in the dining plan? Will the cup be one you can use through out your entire trip or what?

I'm confused....

:confused3

Can someone please tell me how this works with the FREE refill cup offered in the dining plan? Will the cup be one you can use through out your entire trip or what?

I'm confused....

:confused3

You should get the refillable mug, coded as "length of stay" for the number of days you've purchased the dining plan for.

Checked in to BCV today and were told RFID goes live tomorrow ! Some mugs still on shelf without rapid refill so watch out. But they are checking because they activated the RFID on each mug. He said keep receipt in case anything goes wrong so they can replace mugs if needed.

Depends what they mean by "goes live". Were they selling both old and new mugs? They probably shouldn't have been. If they were only selling old mugs still, they will probably just sell the new mugs, but not enforce RFID until a later time. That's what they did at CBR last weekend when they started selling the new mugs.

Depends what they mean by "goes live". Were they selling both old and new mugs? They probably shouldn't have been. If they were only selling old mugs still, they will probably just sell the new mugs, but not enforce RFID until a later time. That's what they did at CBR last weekend when they started selling the new mugs.

All it takes is applying a sticker to the old mugs to make them RFID capable.

:earsboy: Bill

All it takes is applying a sticker to the old mugs to make them RFID capable.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes...but they weren't. Like I said, they were selling the new mugs, but the RFID enforcement was not active.

CBR had PLENTY of old mugs, but they took them all out and replaced them overnight with the new ones.

They had some old ones on the shelf but donor know what they did if someone

They had some old ones on the shelf but donor know what they did if someone

Rats .mobile app hard to use. I was saying do not know what would happen if someone tries to buy an old one but they were entering expiration dates and activating RFID . Have not been down to see if enforcement began today.

Interesting data point...Universal is using the Freestyle machines with the VersaFill technology. $10.99 for a souvenir cup with unlimited refills in the park it was purchased in, until they close the fill stations around the park around 30 minutes prior to closing. I did not think to test if there is a refill lockout time.

Also interesting - they offered no "single fill" or short term options. So while Mel's Drive-In had three Freestyle machines, you could only use them with the souvenir cups. If you wanted a single soda, it was given to you the old fashioned way.

Today at BCV they had an easel sign up announcing rapid refill starts tomorrow morning (Monday) ... Will report tomorrow. Noticed several times the last 2 days one machine or the other was out of ice.

Rapid refill is live at BCV! 3 castmembers there to help, biggest issue is people don't want to let their cup sit on the holder where the reader is. They want to hold the cup up to the nozzle. But my issue was odd: no RFID chip in my mug! Even though it is labeled "rapid refill". They were mystified but replaced it in 3 seconds. Fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter