"RapidFill" RFID refillable mugs coming back resort wide...

I haven't read anything.

Using logic,which doesn't always give the right answer....You can use your meal credits anytime during your stay, including the day you check in and the day you check out. I'd assume you mug would also be good from the day you check in through the day you check out. It was already posted mug usage is based on calendar days. That means it's good the entire day you check out, if it's good for part of the day.

That's what makes sense to me, too, but I guess then, my question is the number of calendar days - does the number of calendar days equal the number of nights of your stay, or the number of days including the day you arrive through the day you depart. I would assume/hope it to be the latter, but I haven't been able to find any "official" info on that.

Just to be clear --

1. if you are on the DDP, do you still receive the mugs for free?

They are still including a resort mug for each guest in the terms for the dining plan when you book a room through Disney.

Andrew015 said:
What's coming next... Fast Pass Plus for soda fountains? Will I have to book my fillup using My Disney Experience on my smart phone? Do I need to do this 3 months in advance prior to travel?

Now that's funny

Seems that the new dispensers are having some issues.

At CBR, they have three "double" dispensers. Two of the doubles would not dispense any ice at all - not even make a sound like they were trying. I told them this morning, and later this afternoon they still didn't work - and none of them dispensed any Coke Zero syrup either (it's possible all of them were out at the same time, but seemed strange unless they share.) So only one double that could dispense ice - and so everyone was gathered around them.

I spoke to the manager...he said they've been "acting up".

Couple hours later and they still didn't dispense ice - but the Zero was working.

Just to be clear --

1. if you are on the DDP, do you still receive the mugs for free?

Yes, since they sold the plans as having them, they have to include them...

2. If you do receive the mug, how long is it good for?
A. Entire length of stay based on number of nights (same as the meals - so if I arrive on Friday and leave on Saturday - I would have one day's worth of meals and thus one day's worth of the refills?)
B. Entire length of stay based on number of total days (so if I arrive on Friay and leave on Saturday, I would have TWO day's worth of the refills)
C. Only one day of refills and you have to purchase any additional days separately?

Completely unknown at this point, until someone who is at a resort where they are active and on one of the dining plans can comment. My guess is it would be active for the number of days of the stay if less than 4, or for the "length of stay" (essentially 14 days) if longer, just like the new pricing model. They _might_ just make it simple and code all DDP mugs as 14 days. Or they may offer an "upgrade".

I have seen a couple of the new colors (purple and yellow I think), so they are in use at some resorts...but not at CBR.

There will some issues at first and Disney will work out the bugs.

After a while guests won't give the new machines or process a second thought.

In a year or two, Disney will increase the price and/or sell you bling stickers or theme mugs at a premium price.

:earsboy: Bill

There will some issues at first and Disney will work out the bugs.

After a while guests won't give the new machines or process a second thought.

In a year or two, Disney will increase the price and/or sell you bling stickers or theme mugs at a premium price.

:earsboy: Bill

Yep...still tacky budget though

I had heard POP had the RFID so I went to swap my new mugs (less than a week old) out so we could have some new colors at home but the new mugs were no where to be found and the RFID was off on he machines. Not sure what happened but I was looking forward to having new colors. We were at the Poly this evening and some ppl had the new mugs but most had the old and the RFID was not on/working.

I had heard POP had the RFID so I went to swap my new mugs (less than a week old) out so we could have some new colors at home but the new mugs were no where to be found and the RFID was off on he machines. Not sure what happened but I was looking forward to having new colors. We were at the Poly this evening and some ppl had the new mugs but most had the old and the RFID was not on/working.

Right now, the only ones that I think are active are at the All-Stars.

Yep...still tacky budget though

I assume that comment is directed at the guests who brought their own "big gulp" mugs to the self service soda dispensers.
:)

I'm confused. You had no problem with Disney rules regarding soda, as long as Disney made no attempt to enforce them? The, soon to be, old policy was free soda for those guests who didn't think rules applied to them.

Having CM confront those guests might be considered tacky budget. This isn't that much different then the biometric finger replacing the honor system regarding park tickets.

edited to add: I agree Disney is charging top dollar for their hotel rooms. Disney's cost for soda is probably nominal. Disney could afford to simply offer free soda as an amenity. However that decision is up to Disney and not up to guests. OK Guests can indirectly affect Disney's decision by staying offsite. Do you think the inability to steal sods will cause guests to change their plans?

What happens on our trip I night SSR then 7days Disney fantasy then 10 nights back at SSR

Will we have to buy two mugs for one night then two more for the 10 nights?

What happens on our trip I night SSR then 7days Disney fantasy then 10 nights back at SSR

Will we have to buy two mugs for one night then two more for the 10 nights?

I would not buy a mug on your first night. Just buy the mug for your stay after the cruise. If you bought one the first night, it would not be good for the second stay. You would be better off just buying individual drinks that first night.

Sometime between this morning and this afternoon, the swapped all the mugs on display for RapidFill mugs. However, the RFID on the fill stations is still not active. I'm guessing there will be a "grace period" while those who purchased the old mugs can still use them as-is, while the new mugs are probably coded as they were purchased but are not actually being scanned at this time. Might be a week, possibly two, for them to know all the "old" mugs should be "out of the system", as in guests not staying at the resort any longer. I didn't get a chance to ask the manager again.

All the signage was replaced with the new pricing model.

Sometime between this morning and this afternoon, the swapped all the mugs on display for RapidFill mugs. However, the RFID on the fill stations is still not active. I'm guessing there will be a "grace period" while those who purchased the old mugs can still use them as-is, while the new mugs are probably coded as they were purchased but are not actually being scanned at this time. Might be a week, possibly two, for them to know all the "old" mugs should be "out of the system", as in guests not staying at the resort any longer. I didn't get a chance to ask the manager again.

That suggests the problems at POR might be with customers who didn't have RFID mugs. Looks like Disney may be delaying using RFID until all, or most, of the guests who purchased non RFID mugs have checked out.

If you are staying there, can you ask if we can swap out our old mugs for the new ones?

I don't plan to buy these things again, but it's apparently included with my dining plan for my trip in October. We hardly ever make it to the dining halls from our room as a group, although I get up long before my wife and daughter and walk there to sit and read. I think I'll take all three mugs with me every morning and fill them all and sit at a table alone up to my ears in Disney's precious soda.

:laughing:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
I've never heard a better idea in my life!

That suggests the problems at POR might be with customers who didn't have RFID mugs. Looks like Disney may be delaying using RFID until all, or most, of the guests who purchased non RFID mugs have checked out.

That's what I was getting at, although I don't think old mugs were any sort of "problem". They sold the old mugs up until then. They still have to accommodate.

If you are staying there, can you ask if we can swap out our old mugs for the new ones?

Left there. Now at SSR. No signs of new mugs. And they need to do something about the pool fill station...infested with bees.

That's what I was getting at, although I don't think old mugs were any sort of "problem". They sold the old mugs up until then. They still have to accommodate.

Left there. Now at SSR. No signs of new mugs. And they need to do something about the pool fill station...infested with bees.

It's been infested with bees for several years now unfortunately.

Has anyone seen pink mugs available on the rapid fill system yet? I keep hearing there will be pink ones but I haven't seen any pics or posts to confirm it. Really want pink!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter