"RapidFill" RFID refillable mugs coming back resort wide...

Any news on wether there is a timelock?

That would greatly impact the overall " smell" to the new system

If you are talking about time between fills, yes. It appears to be between 2 and 2 and a half minutes, and seems to vary according to some unknown parameters.

Shot a call yesterday to WL Guest Services desk to ask what the plan was for handling folks with “Forever Mugs” (flame suit ON for even asking the question…). The CM that I spoke with wasn’t even aware that the Forever Mugs existed, so she put me on hold while she made some calls. After a few minutes, she came back on the line. I was told that there was currently no plan in place, but that if I brought my F.M. back with me, I could ask to speak to a guest relations manager to see if they would comp me an RFID mug for my length of stay. She said this wasn’t a guarantee and would depend on the manager, but because no formal plan had been put in place as of yet, this was all that she could offer me at this time. I asked if this meant forking over the F.M. as an exchange, and she could not answer that question, either. So in summary, this doesn’t give the F.M. crowd much more information than we previously had, but I thought I would share my experience for other inquiring minds.

Shot a call yesterday to WL Guest Services desk to ask what the plan was for handling folks with “Forever Mugs” (flame suit ON for even asking the question…). The CM that I spoke with wasn’t even aware that the Forever Mugs existed, so she put me on hold while she made some calls. After a few minutes, she came back on the line. I was told that there was currently no plan in place, but that if I brought my F.M. back with me, I could ask to speak to a guest relations manager to see if they would comp me an RFID mug for my length of stay. She said this wasn’t a guarantee and would depend on the manager, but because no formal plan had been put in place as of yet, this was all that she could offer me at this time. I asked if this meant forking over the F.M. as an exchange, and she could not answer that question, either. So in summary, this doesn’t give the F.M. crowd much more information than we previously had, but I thought I would share my experience for other inquiring minds.

I had heard that "forever" mugs actually didnt exist...
Rather the program had not been thought out yet...and since no "expiration" was defined back the ...a sorta urban legend developed due to loophole.

If you are talking about time between fills, yes. It appears to be between 2 and 2 and a half minutes, and seems to vary according to some unknown parameters.

Here's a little food for thought...

Do you think it's possible that the limit will be set longer for values and be set closer to zero as the price increases?

Just thinking...and don't shake your head and think Disney is above that...it's not

Here's a little food for thought...

Do you think it's possible that the limit will be set longer for values and be set closer to zero as the price increases?

Just thinking...and don't shake your head and think Disney is above that...it's not

The limit in place now seems to apply to the length of stay mugs just as much as the short term mugs. So no apparent difference there. The variance is actually on the _same_ mug. Like if you fill it too many times consecutively, it might get longer or something.

Haven't seen them active at anything other than the values yet so don't know about variance in that regard, but I kind of doubt it.

I had heard that "forever" mugs actually didnt exist...
Rather the program had not been thought out yet...and since no "expiration" was defined back the ...a sorta urban legend developed due to loophole.

Not quite sure what you mean by this post? The mugs do exist (I have four of them myself)... Some of them, depending on the resort, even have verbage written on the mug that indicates "no expiration". The mugs were sold at various resorts under the geise that they would be good "forever".

I suspect that what you might mean is that the program may not have been clearly defined, with some small print being located somewhere indicating that "Disney can choose to discontinue the "forever" program at any time"... I suspect this is the loophole that you are referring to, and if one such loophole does exist, I was not made aware of it at the time of purchase.

Regardless, I agree that such a loophole probably does exist, and this is the out that Disney will use to handle the Forever Mug crowd when changing everyone over to the RFID. It stinks, but that's big business, and nothing good truly lasts "forever"...

Not quite sure what you mean by this post? The mugs do exist (I have four of them myself)... Some of them, depending on the resort, even have verbage written on the mug that indicates "no expiration". The mugs were sold at various resorts under the geise that they would be good "forever".

I suspect that what you might mean is that the program may not have been clearly defined, with some small print being located somewhere indicating that "Disney can choose to discontinue the "forever" program at any time"... I suspect this is the loophole that you are referring to, and if one such loophole does exist, I was not made aware of it at the time of purchase.

Regardless, I agree that such a loophole probably does exist, and this is the out that Disney will use to handle the Forever Mug crowd when changing everyone over to the RFID. It stinks, but that's big business, and nothing good truly lasts "forever"...

Can you take a pic of the mug and the language on it? We've been trying to find anything concrete about the language and haven't been able to find anything, leading to their "mythical" status... :)

Can you take a pic of the mug and the language on it? We've been trying to find anything concrete about the language and haven't been able to find anything, leading to their "mythical" status... :)

Sure can. They're at my parents house, but am heading there this weekend for a Labor Day cookout. I'll be sure to grab a picture.

This is getting to the point if nickeling and dimeing us to death. I am slipping resies in oct so I have to buy 2 five day drink mugs? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

This is getting to the point if nickeling and dimeing us to death. I am splitting reservations in oct so I have to buy 2 five day drink mugs? Anyone know?

This is getting to the point if nickeling and dimeing us to death. I am splitting reservations in oct so I have to buy 2 five day drink mugs? Anyone know?

This is getting to the point if nickeling and dimeing us to death. I am slipping resies in oct so I have to buy 2 five day drink mugs? Anyone know?

We just did a split stay and the BC was using rapid refill. I just asked her for ten days (our total time) and was all set for both the BC and the Poly.

I don't understand your question. "slipping resies"?

I THINK you are saying that you have two reservations (split stay). If they are consecutive, then NO, you do not need to by two "five day" mugs. They aren't even five day mugs. There are 1, 2, and 3-day mugs, and "length of stay" mugs, which are essentially 14 days. And they are good to use at any resort while they are active.

I am not sure that I agree. I imagine that if you were to bring one of your forever mugs in to be refilled, Disney would honor that contract that was made when you purchased the mug. You might need to speak to a manager, in the event the CM did not know about hose mugs, but I think you would then be okay.

Sure can. They're at my parents house, but am heading there this weekend for a Labor Day cookout. I'll be sure to grab a picture.
Please do so if you can. I have three myself but mine do not have any text on them. I guess they were super early in the program. Thanks

Personally, i don't plan to challenge Disney on the forever mugs, just not worth the trouble. I can buy a whole lot of soda and beer at walmart for what just one of the rapid mugs cost for a two week stay...

In the late 90s there were signs, I don't have a photo, which indicated you could bring your mug back for future visits. I wouldn't consider that a contract. I doubt many of the guests are bringing back mugs sold during those years

In the late 90s there were signs, I don't have a photo, which indicated you could bring your mug back for future visits. I wouldn't consider that a contract. I doubt many of the guests are bringing back mugs sold during those years

perhaps not a contract, but it is an agreement. I also doubt that many guests are returning with these mugs, but if one did, I bet Disney would honor it.

Did they work as advertised? Any problems with it at all?

Yes, at the BC they did. When you place your mug on the holder your expiration date is displayed (ours was September 9, and I purchased them on August 18). Also displayed is the image of a cup and how full it is. You press the dispenser, but can allow the foam to go down and then finish filling. It's only when the cup on the screen is full that the 2 minute countdown for that mug starts. No problems at all for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!