"RapidFill" RFID refillable mugs coming back resort wide...

Rapid refill is live at BCV! 3 castmembers there to help, biggest issue is people don't want to let their cup sit on the holder where the reader is. They want to hold the cup up to the nozzle. But my issue was odd: no RFID chip in my mug! Even though it is labeled "rapid refill". They were mystified but replaced it in 3 seconds. Fun!

Chinese youth craftsmanship

Went over to AKL today, rapid refill not live yet and cm said it will be in about 2 more weeks there.

Rapid refill is live at BCV! 3 castmembers there to help, biggest issue is people don't want to let their cup sit on the holder where the reader is. They want to hold the cup up to the nozzle. But my issue was odd: no RFID chip in my mug! Even though it is labeled "rapid refill". They were mystified but replaced it in 3 seconds. Fun!

I don't let my cup touch the nozzle but I don't like it to sit on the holder either (normally - who knows with the RFID type) because it splashes too much that way in my opinion. Then you have too much foam on top. Some of that is eliminated by tilting your cup.

I think this is a good idea because I see too many people stealing sodas.. I used to work at backlot express in HS and they are the only ones in the park to have a self service fountain and everyone would take advantage of it. The mugs from the resorts people would bring and fill up- I've even seen people putting coke in empty water bottles. It was really annoying. I hope this helps phase out people stealing sodas in hotels with self serve fountains!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sorry if I'm late with my opinion LOL just saw this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

So.....I am at Pop now, bought the new mug (length of stay) for $17.99 plus tax....AND....people all around me are STILL filling up the old mugs. Of course I look like the complete idiot because I am one of the few with the new Rapid Refill mug....:sad2:

So.....I am at Pop now, bought the new mug (length of stay) for $17.99 plus tax....AND....people all around me are STILL filling up the old mugs. Of course I look like the complete idiot because I am one of the few with the new Rapid Refill mug....:sad2:

They are supposed to turn the machines on soon. Have a wonderful trip! :goodvibes

Not sure why you think you look like an idiot.

Many of those "old" mugs could have been purchased recently and the guests are still there. They are having an "overlap" period where they are selling the new mugs but the machines haven't been activated yet, to allow the "old" mugs to transition out. Any guests still staying at the resort with old mugs when they activate will need to show a receipt of purchase that it was during their current stay, and Disney will deal with it.

:goodvibes I was just kidding....but no, there were people using REALLY OLD mugs, not the recently purchased former mugs.

:goodvibes I was just kidding....but no, there were people using REALLY OLD mugs, not the recently purchased former mugs.

Well, they'll be the ones that look like idiots when the machines get activated :)

Unless they have the legendary "forever" mugs...then we'll see how Disney looks...

has anyone heard if the contemporary resort will have the RapidFill running by sept i will be staying there in 2 weeks ?

has anyone heard if the contemporary resort will have the RapidFill running by sept i will be staying there in 2 weeks ?

I have not heard any specific schedule. All the locations have the fill stations already, and it sounds like every few days another resort is selling the mugs, but I've only heard of them being active at the All-Stars yet.

Interesting data point...Universal is using the Freestyle machines with the VersaFill technology. $10.99 for a souvenir cup with unlimited refills in the park it was purchased in, until they close the fill stations around the park around 30 minutes prior to closing. I did not think to test if there is a refill lockout time.

Also interesting - they offered no "single fill" or short term options. So while Mel's Drive-In had three Freestyle machines, you could only use them with the souvenir cups. If you wanted a single soda, it was given to you the old fashioned way.

They have the Freestyle Coke machines on some of Royal Caribbean's cruise ships. I was on Oasis of the Seas back in January and I loved it!

I think it would be eat if Disney had these machines. That way there's the different flavours of Coke, Sprite, etc.

I thought I saw somewhere Disney has them but I misread it and it must have been for Universal. :sad2:

I have not heard any specific schedule. All the locations have the fill stations already, and it sounds like every few days another resort is selling the mugs, but I've only heard of them being active at the All-Stars yet.

okay i guess i will just end up buying it and go over to the all star to check it out..

They have the Freestyle Coke machines on some of Royal Caribbean's cruise ships. I was on Oasis of the Seas back in January and I loved it!

I think it would be eat if Disney had these machines. That way there's the different flavours of Coke, Sprite, etc.

I thought I saw somewhere Disney has them but I misread it and it must have been for Universal. :sad2:

Yup, we discussed the freestyle machines on RC earlier :) They are using the exact same technology from the same vendor. I hear they have a 15 minute wait period between fills...

Yup, we discussed the freestyle machines on RC earlier :) They are using the exact same technology from the same vendor. I hear they have a 15 minute wait period between fills...

I didn't know it was from the same vendor......

I do like the Freestyle machines....

I didn't know it was from the same vendor......

I do like the Freestyle machines....

Just to clarify - the RFID system is from the same vendor, fitted to the Freestyle dispensers instead of their stock dispensers.

Any news on wether there is a timelock?

That would greatly impact the overall " smell" to the new system

The new dispensers are mouse click adjustable. Disney can change the program, rules, length of valid refill time, number of ounces dispensed, and timelock (what ever that is).

I expect that they may extend the program to the water parks and other parks in the future. They may tie the machines to the Magic Bands and KTTW cards so you never have to buy a mug from a CM. I can also see Disney selling larger "special edition limited time celebration magical" mugs.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter