Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time at POFQ in May, can someone tell me about the Mardi Gras beads? As in are they available in the resort shop to buy?

We watched the film of the CM parade where they were throwing out the beads and sweeties and my daughter wants to know why? :thumbsup2

She is 22 by the way so not a child if that makes any difference although happy to be a child at DisneyWorld :rotfl2:

The gentleman that greets you at the door gave us some on our last trip.

taylor3297 said:
The gentleman that greets you at the door gave us some on our last trip.

Arneil the doorman may have some. He always has the gold doubloons for the kids. But the beads are available in the lobby where you check in and at the concierge desk

I guess it's just a rumor at the moment for the next summer discount/deal, but they almost never list it as part of the discounted resorts.

The current rumor (from a very reliable poster/source) is that POFQ will be included in the summer discount program that comes out in April...BUT...will price higher than the other moderates...see the discounts codes and rates area for threads discussing it..

I have been told the reason POFQ isn't discounted as much is because they don't have to. People will stay here regardless.

On our last trip back in August we could have stayed cheaper at another moderate resort with the discount. We only received a 5% discount for POFQ, but we didn't want to stay anywhere else because we love the size of the resort.

Wow - over 100 pages and I only read 12 - lol. We are going to stay at the FQ for our first Diseny trip! We have a two year old and six year old. Can anyone recommend a building to request...or a floor. Would you ask for a corner room? Any advice? Thanks!

I am loving this thread .Thank you and the information on it we arrive September from uk and it was thanks to this i knew POFQ was best size wise with 2 of us in wheelchairs.I can not wait to tell my children and show them this thread ( well the 10 year old at least.

I know its garden room with a roll in shower and twin beds so the plan was handy as narrowed it down have requested be as near to bus stop and main building as we can

We got our beads from the sweet festive doorman. Our boys LOVED him! He also gave us doubloons.

Wow - over 100 pages and I only read 12 - lol. We are going to stay at the FQ for our first Diseny trip! We have a two year old and six year old. Can anyone recommend a building to request...or a floor. Would you ask for a corner room? Any advice? Thanks!

We had adjoining rooms in building 4 facing toward garden. Close to buses and food court which was great for refilling mugs. A corner room would be perfect whereas they have two windows - more windows to decorate! Our then just turned 3 year old granddaughter LOVED decorating the windows.

I have been told the reason POFQ isn't discounted as much is because they don't have to. People will stay here regardless.

On our last trip back in August we could have stayed cheaper at another moderate resort with the discount. We only received a 5% discount for POFQ, but we didn't want to stay anywhere else because we love the size of the resort.

On our last trip - one CM would not apply the discount to POFQ where we had already had our reservations (it was free dining and he said that we would have to change resorts) however when my daughter called back and spoke to another CM she was able to add the free dining to the reservation :confused3. All worked out and we had a great time.

I got my beads when I went into the giftshop. Never got beads just by checking in though.

We also got beads in the gift shop and our granddaughter was delighted with the gold coins from the gentlemen at the door.

So how come POFQ is excluded from many of the discounts Disney does?

You have to remember that discounts are not generous gifts from the Walt Disney Company specially to make our vacations cheaper.. they are ways for them to fill empty hotel rooms, and POFQ generally has less of those than other resorts.

Andre

You have to remember that discounts are not generous gifts from the Walt Disney Company specially to make our vacations cheaper.. they are ways for them to fill empty hotel rooms, and POFQ generally has less of those than other resorts.

Andre

I am curious to see what the returning guest rate is for PORFQ vs other WDW resorts. After we stayed there lat May the wife said this is the one hotel I want to come back to.

We'll be celebrating a birthday during our stay here. Can you get the birthday buttons at the check in desk or are the only available at guest services in the parks?

We'll be celebrating a birthday during our stay here. Can you get the birthday buttons at the check in desk or are the only available at guest services in the parks?

Yes. They might even have one waiting for you at the Front Desk if you've noted it in your booking.

Andre

sunsetbeachgal said:
The current rumor (from a very reliable poster/source) is that POFQ will be included in the summer discount program that comes out in April...BUT...will price higher than the other moderates...see the discounts codes and rates area for threads discussing it..

That us exactly how it is for the spring discount. We saved 200 off our April package but would have probably saved double that at POR. Disney knows people love POFQ and it probably has very few rooms sit empty.

We have gone to disney every year since 2001:goodvibes This will be our number 8 stay at POFQ. Yes it is our favoite for so many reasons. I hope you all enjoy your vacations at POFQ, I'm sure we will:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter