1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groomer Gal

Groomer Gal Mouseketeer

Is it possible to request Mousekeeping to come at a certain time? Or a window of time maybe?

Last year when we stayed at POFQ (love it btw) we came back to the room to let our girls rest and even though we put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door , Mousekeeping still called us to see when we would be leaving.
    I just want to avoid this again if we can this year.
    68 days, :cool1:

TIA!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

Generally, they are quite good at not coming in with the Do Not Disturb Sign on. Hopefully it was just a new/overly keen Mousekeeper you had last year. We do long stays (around 18 nights) and have spent the last three such stays at POFQ. We use our DND sign a LOT as we really don't need our room serviced daily. Whenever do that, we have come back to a bag of extra towels and toiletries hanging on the door so it appears they didn't attempt to knock/enter.

Only 'issue' we ever had was last year when we got back from a MNSSHP and our door was left open. I don't mean wide open - it had the catch in between the doorpost and the door to stop it closing so I guess it was when it had been cleaned that morning and left ajar and was just an oversight. The room was spotless and nothing of ours had been touched so we didnt report it and treated it as an oversight. That was one of the days when we did not use the sign as we did want the room serviced - and it was

Maybe you could ask at the front desk when you check in and see what they suggest?

4. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Nice! Too bad we aren't going until Late January! Always nice to get a great discount! We did get a 20% AAA room discount, and have hopes that WDw will include FQ in with the usual moderate discount this time.

We stayed 14 nights mid to end of August. Stayed at 3 resorts, pop first night where we got our magic bands. Next 2 nights were GF, who was not participating in the trial, but our bands still opened our room there. Following 12 nights at YC, who was in the trial, and again they worked seamlessly. We also have our APs on them.

5. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Hope you're settled in and relaxed now! Too bad about the children next door playing around with the door. That can be annoying for sure. Lucky for us we haven't had problems with connecting rooms and never hear the neighbours. But if there's a loud inconsiderate family next door, you'll hear them with or without connecting doors.
    Only once in all my trips did I encounter a rude family who let the kids scream and run wild up & down the outside walkways, continually slamming doors :sad2: it was unbelievable. I was glad it was our last night when they moved in.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

6. smidgy

smidgy dimples

sigh... we have always had a problem with mousekeeping. they dont' want to "do not disturb" you when you have the "do not disturb " sign out.!!! lol:rotfl:

sometimes they knock on the door to make SURE you don't want service. or want to know when you DO want service. or want you to "sign" if you don't want service.

back when we used to smoke.. (going on 3 years smoke free. YAY!!!!) hubby would make the mistake of going out for an early morning smoke and leaving the latch on. and ineviatably there would be a maid walking in on me while I'm not dressed and sleeping!!!

7. smidgy

smidgy dimples

but, actually, I think you can request during a certain time.. or, at least NOT during a certain time.

8. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Well will you look at that! 250 pages... about time I started a new thread!

Andre

9. Minnie&Nana

Minnie&Nana Dreams do come true!

Yay! Looking forward to the new thread - thanks Andre for the great job you do with FQ and POR threads (and website)! :goodvibes

10. andrewilley

And our new home is ready for inspection...

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread for 2013/2014: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178768

Please form an orderly line, and no shoving at the back please. (Sorry, FastPass+ won't be available until Monday).

Andre

11. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

We checked in on October 20 and will be here until the 28. No bedspread here in building 3 or in our friends room in building 6. We asked mouse keeping for a couple of blankets and they have us two very soft blankets.

Just wanted to mention that there was some surveyors surveying in front of the arcade this past Monday or Tuesday.

12. andrewilley

Sorry, this FAQ thread is now at its 250 page limit and is closed.

Please continue in the new updated version located HERE.

See you over there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.