Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. labfan

labfan Mouseketeer

Thanks Andre. I'll have to see if it's waiting for us since it is noted in our booking for there and our ADRS. If not, I'll just have to ask for one. It's nice to know that we can get one when we check in though.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Clochette nordique

Clochette nordique DIS Veteran

I know our stay is coming when I get to work on my ADRs and on my spread sheet to decide which park we're going to visit when.

:tinker: Poussière de fée

4. TooBoyz4us

TooBoyz4us DIS Veteran

Well, we are OFFICIAL!! I booked our Nov. POFQ stay this afternoon ;-)
    This will be just a hubby and me trip, so we splurged for a King room :lovestruc

5. OThopeful35

OThopeful35 DIS Veteran

I am currently booked at AKL but I cannot get POFQ out of my mind! We enjoyed our previous trip so much. I think I feel a change coming on :rotfl:

6. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

:-) you need to join the resort changer thread! :-)

7. armomof3lvsdisney

armomof3lvsdisney DIS Veteran

We haven't been to POR since 2007 and they way the rooms were classified have changed since we 've been there. What is the best building to request. We have a garden view room booked and we want an alligator bayou building. TIA :goodvibes

8. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

Sorry, but you're posting on the wrong thread, this is for POFQ. :)

9. amandals2007

amandals2007 DIS Veteran

What thread is that?!?! I love pofq but it's the only place I've ever stayed and I wanna convince my dad to change somewhere else but I don't know how to convince him lol

10. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Ok, no clue as to how to post a link to it on my iPad...but you can find it in the resort forums...but it's geared toward those of us who can't make up our minds and change resort reservations, etc.

11. siskaren

siskaren DIS Veteran

Here's the link for the resort changers thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3072397

12. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

13. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Does anybody know the Room Assignment Manager's name? Just looking at what to put in a room request fax. :-). Thanks!

14. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

The same team handles room assignments for both resorts. But generally I don't suggest putting any specific person's name on request faxes anyway - what happens if that person is on a week's holiday so it gets interpreted as personally addressed correspondence and put on hold? Just address it to the Room Assignment Team, they'll get it.

Andre

15. andrewilley

I've been asked to remind people to read the first post in the above thread before posting their trip dates. Please stick exactly to the requested format so your details can just be cut-n-pasted into the main list, as the person maintaining the list does not have time to try to work out what dates/resort/etc you are talking about otherwise. Just provide your DIS name, resort, arrival date and departure date (using US date format). e.g:

yourDISname - POFQ - 7/1-7/6

Thanks,

Andre

16. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

Actually his format does not have a space between yourDISname and the hyphen. The proofreader in me noted that. It was so hard to go back and take out that space! And if I recall, there is a space on either side of the hyphen in the dates. Me -- I love consistency, and this isn't consistent. ::yes::

17. andrewilley

Me too, but the proofreader in me just couldn't live without that space being there. :)

Personally, I'd probably have asked for the month as text too (rather than the American numeric date format) just for international disambiguation purposes. If you check portorleans.org, you'll see I always avoid using numeric-only dates for just rather reason - I have to think about the vast majority of the world which uses the dd/mm/yy date format. Although personally I think the Chinese method of yy-mm-dd (which is the second most common format world-wide) is the most logical, and is the basis of the ISO 8601 spec of yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss.

Now, all we need to decide is whether we use en dashes (basically the same as hyphens, "-") or em dashes (wider typographical dashes, "–") ? :) :) :)

Andre
    (for the record, I used to edit several commercial magazines, which involved a lot of old-style galley proofreading, plus I wrote the manual for one of the early DTP programs)

18. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

For the record :) I proofread for a newspaper through high school and college (1971 to 1977) and that was all galley reading. I then returned to proofreading from 1990 to 2000 for various book publishers and what I read was just about the way the book would be published, right down to the page numbers, contents, and indexes. Oh how I hated proofing those indexes! (Should I say indices?) :goodvibes

However, I have no idea what DTP is. :confused3

19. andrewilley

20. edinburghlass

edinburghlass DIS Veteran

So saying I'll be there in May isn't okay :rotfl2:

Beginning to get excited now, studying menus, reading trip reports and looking at photos everywhere. Not stayed on site since 2005 so it will be a different trip than the last few years. Picked POFQ due to being a small resort and the boat to DTD.

21. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies DIS Veteran

That also prevents questions like "What month is "26"? lol
    I've seen it happen with dates set out in both formats :rotfl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.