Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

The gentleman that greets you at the door gave us some on our last trip.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. GoofyMB

GoofyMB Mouseketeer

Arneil the doorman may have some. He always has the gold doubloons for the kids. But the beads are available in the lobby where you check in and at the concierge desk

4. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

So how come POFQ is excluded from many of the discounts Disney does?

5. geraghty

geraghty Mouseketeer

I did not know POFQ was excluded from discounts.

6. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

I guess it's just a rumor at the moment for the next summer discount/deal, but they almost never list it as part of the discounted resorts.

7. sunsetbeachgal

sunsetbeachgal DIS Veteran

The current rumor (from a very reliable poster/source) is that POFQ will be included in the summer discount program that comes out in April...BUT...will price higher than the other moderates...see the discounts codes and rates area for threads discussing it..

8. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

I have been told the reason POFQ isn't discounted as much is because they don't have to. People will stay here regardless.

On our last trip back in August we could have stayed cheaper at another moderate resort with the discount. We only received a 5% discount for POFQ, but we didn't want to stay anywhere else because we love the size of the resort.

9. kathy23

kathy23 Earning My Ears

Wow - over 100 pages and I only read 12 - lol. We are going to stay at the FQ for our first Diseny trip! We have a two year old and six year old. Can anyone recommend a building to request...or a floor. Would you ask for a corner room? Any advice? Thanks!

10. goofyredraider

goofyredraider DIS Veteran

Not sure about the discounts....but I was able to secure it with the military discount yesterday for June.

11. wheels on fire

wheels on fire Mouseketeer

I am loving this thread .Thank you and the information on it we arrive September from uk and it was thanks to this i knew POFQ was best size wise with 2 of us in wheelchairs.I can not wait to tell my children and show them this thread ( well the 10 year old at least.

I know its garden room with a roll in shower and twin beds so the plan was handy as narrowed it down have requested be as near to bus stop and main building as we can

12. Amunet

Amunet DIS Veteran

I got my beads when I went into the giftshop. Never got beads just by checking in though.

13. BridgetR3

BridgetR3 Dreaming of Home

We got our beads from the sweet festive doorman. Our boys LOVED him! He also gave us doubloons.

14. middlesista

middlesista Mouseketeer

We had adjoining rooms in building 4 facing toward garden. Close to buses and food court which was great for refilling mugs. A corner room would be perfect whereas they have two windows - more windows to decorate! Our then just turned 3 year old granddaughter LOVED decorating the windows.

On our last trip - one CM would not apply the discount to POFQ where we had already had our reservations (it was free dining and he said that we would have to change resorts) however when my daughter called back and spoke to another CM she was able to add the free dining to the reservation :confused3. All worked out and we had a great time.

We also got beads in the gift shop and our granddaughter was delighted with the gold coins from the gentlemen at the door.

15. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

You have to remember that discounts are not generous gifts from the Walt Disney Company specially to make our vacations cheaper.. they are ways for them to fill empty hotel rooms, and POFQ generally has less of those than other resorts.

Andre

16. arthuruscg

arthuruscg DIS Veteran

I am curious to see what the returning guest rate is for PORFQ vs other WDW resorts. After we stayed there lat May the wife said this is the one hotel I want to come back to.

17. labfan

labfan Mouseketeer

We'll be celebrating a birthday during our stay here. Can you get the birthday buttons at the check in desk or are the only available at guest services in the parks?

18. andrewilley

Yes. They might even have one waiting for you at the Front Desk if you've noted it in your booking.

Andre

19. wdw71

wdw71 DIS Veteran

That us exactly how it is for the spring discount. We saved 200 off our April package but would have probably saved double that at POR. Disney knows people love POFQ and it probably has very few rooms sit empty.

20. andrewilley

If anyone wants to list their POFQ trip dates and see if there are any other DISers going at the same time, there's a thread just been started which you can post your details to. See http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3080566.

At the moment it's mostly POR visitors, so we need to give POFQ some love!

Andre

21. 4disneygenerations

4disneygenerations Mouseketeer

We have gone to disney every year since 2001:goodvibes This will be our number 8 stay at POFQ. Yes it is our favoite for so many reasons. I hope you all enjoy your vacations at POFQ, I'm sure we will:thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.