Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen this yet: the new refrigerators that are going in, are they real refrigerators with a section that can get down to freezing so we can freeze water and such for in the parks, or are they like the coolers we've had previously that didn't get anywhere near freezing?

The previous refrigerators were real refrigerators that did not contain a freezer. My uncle was there a couple of weeks ago and towards the end of his stay a new refrigerator was placed in his room. He said it was a small refrigerator without a freezer compartment.

I haven't seen this yet: the new refrigerators that are going in, are they real refrigerators with a section that can get down to freezing so we can freeze water and such for in the parks, or are they like the coolers we've had previously that didn't get anywhere near freezing?

Here now and these new fridges stink !! No freezer and hardly keep thing cold gonna go say something in the morning maybe it's just ours ?

Here now and these new fridges stink !! No freezer and hardly keep thing cold gonna go say something in the morning maybe it's just ours ?

There is not meant to be a freezer - they are fridges, not fridge/freezers. Just think yourself lucky, a lot of people at Disney just now don't have anything.

Andre

We will be arriving in 18 days and our girls are very excited about roasting marshmallows around the campfire. I was just reading that the s'mores kits are no longer available is this true? If not I can bring graham crackers and chocolate in my carry on. But I figured I would check here first. Thanks!

I was just reading that the s'mores kits are no longer available is this true? If not I can bring graham crackers and chocolate in my carry on.

They give out free marshmallows, but they don't sell the smores kits any more - there's no reason why you can't bring your own stuff though.

Andre

Just got back from our first visit to POFQ and we loved it! The fact that everything is so close makes it the most convenient resort we've stayed at. And it's so peaceful and relaxing!

We had a garden view room and ended up in building 3, second floor (3223 to be exact). Perfect location! Close to everything, but still quiet.

We did have a working fridge, which I had both faxed and called to request. Don't know if that helped to get one or if we just got lucky, but I was very happy to have one that worked!

In fact, we booked the Free Dining bounce back for next year and chose POFQ again! We actually just went with a standard view room since it doesn't seem like there's a bad room in the whole resort---I was actually surprised we could do the standard view and still get free dining, but I'll take it!

I think we've found our home away from home....

Just got back from our first visit to POFQ and we loved it! The fact that everything is so close makes it the most convenient resort we've stayed at. And it's so peaceful and relaxing!

We had a garden view room and ended up in building 3, second floor (3223 to be exact). Perfect location! Close to everything, but still quiet.

We did have a working fridge, which I had both faxed and called to request. Don't know if that helped to get one or if we just got lucky, but I was very happy to have one that worked!

In fact, we booked the Free Dining bounce back for next year and chose POFQ again! We actually just went with a standard view room since it doesn't seem like there's a bad room in the whole resort---I was actually surprised we could do the standard view and still get free dining, but I'll take it!

I have fd a POFQ in nov I pray they have a bounce back ill grab it

Yay!!! We just returned as well, and I booked a FD bounceback for next year too!!! I am super excited about it!

We were in room 6220 and we also had a new fridge... I was going to request one in my fax, but I decided to leave it up to the Disney Gods... I was very happy to have a fridge in my room upon check in. It sure kept items colder than then one we had last year - and I liked the compartments in the door... They were very nice for bottles of water/soda. The fridge was big enough to store a pizza box from left-overs at WPE. However, there wasn't a freezer compartment - but I did not need one, so it wasn't a big deal for me.

POFQ was amazing - as always! It is our favorite resort and always our first request.

The food court was great this time too - the food was excellent every time we ate there... And the CM who makes the beignets every morning always knew me before I got to the window. I love that they let me order the beignets, pay for them, then go refill our mugs - so just when I was finished, I could pick them up and walk out the door - it made everything very efficient!

We did not get too much time to spend in the pool area - considering it was Aug, I thought we would take full advantage - but by the time we were back to our room every night, the last thing on our mind was swimming.

But the grounds were beautiful... The CMs - I just cannot say enough great things about... Over our 10 day stay, we never met one single CM who didn't have a smile on their face. Fantastic!!!

For the most part - no problems with the busses... There were a few times we had to wait... A few times we had to run... And a few times where they were really crowded... but overall - it wasn't too bad.

I highly recommend this resort to anyone that asks. It is so nice to have a peaceful place to stay after the hustle and bustle of the parks. :wizard:

D~

I'm going to be really honest and ask a question of all you FQ lovers and hopefully I won't get my head handed to me for asking.

I have been planning and saving for this trip for 4 years. It will be me, my sis and your 4 daughters (2 ea). I have always wanted to stay at FQ more than any other Disney resort and was thrilled when sis got FD PIN and we booked at FQ.

Then the announcement came out the POR was going to start testing MD/FP+ in September and FQ is not. So disappointed and I am now questioning my resort choice as POR was my 2 choice. Its too late to change resorts but I feel like my family is missing out on FP+ because of the resort I chose. Still looking forward to the trip, but my excitement sure is diminished. Yes, we will be at WDW but still...

Anyone else checking into FQ in September/October having similar feelings?

Seems like FP+ may roll out to all resorts by November 1. We check in October 19th.

thanks.

I am a little concerned, but not because I want the bands. I'm concerned because of all the other resorts testing that we'll be shut out of the headliners. Especially if the MB folks can "double dip" with both FP+ and FP-.

But I'm not concerned enough to switch resorts! :rotfl:

I am a little concerned, but not because I want the bands. I'm concerned because of all the other resorts testing that we'll be shut out of the headliners. Especially if the MB folks can "double dip" with both FP+ and FP-.

But I'm not concerned enough to switch resorts! :rotfl:

I agree. I could go either way on MB testing & FP+ but I am worried that we are going to miss out because of the # of resorts that are testing and the double dipping. Has anyone heard any rumors or news about POFQ being added to the testing list in October? We will be there 10/22-10/28.

The latest info on fridges is that the end-of-August batch must have gone mostly to POFQ, meaning that about 90% of the rooms at French Quarter now have working fridges. They expect to be at 100% within a couple of weeks.

Andre

The latest info on fridges is that the end-of-August batch must have gone mostly to POFQ, meaning that about 90% of the rooms at French Quarter now have working fridges. They expect to be at 100% within a couple of weeks.

Andre

Woohooo! Thanks for the good news. :thumbsup2

Andre

Wonderful news, thanks for the update. My sister and I check in on October 19th and were hoping to have a least one working fridge between the 2 rooms. Sounds like we both may have them so I can proceed with my Garden Grocer order as planned.

ok, thanks Andre- do you know if Eliot will be back? Do you know what happened to him? My husband really likes him.

ok, thanks Andre- do you know if Eliot will be back? Do you know what happened to him? My husband really likes him.

Sorry, no, he's no longer with Disney. They let him go just before the recent lobby refurbishment a few months ago. Tom is the new resident musician.

Andre

Andre

Awesome looks like we will have fridge then for nov 8 ck in ....now I only have to stress if POFQ will have MB for November.. Lol. Oh And for my knee to heal from surgery.

Sorry, no, he's no longer with Disney. They let him go just before the recent lobby refurbishment a few months ago. Tom is the new resident musician.

Andre

I'm really sad to read that. I knew he wasn't there right now but thought it was temporary. Now I'm beating myself up because last trip we packed in so many activities and decided to forgo our resort evening one night for a park night because we figured we could just spend an extra evening listening to Elliot next time. I'm so sad now.

We will have to go 'meet' Tom on our next trip. I tried searching for some videos on youtube but I guess I need to give the peeps more time to get some posted. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter