Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be really honest and ask a question of all you FQ lovers and hopefully I won't get my head handed to me for asking.

I have been planning and saving for this trip for 4 years. It will be me, my sis and your 4 daughters (2 ea). I have always wanted to stay at FQ more than any other Disney resort and was thrilled when sis got FD PIN and we booked at FQ.

Then the announcement came out the POR was going to start testing MD/FP+ in September and FQ is not. So disappointed and I am now questioning my resort choice as POR was my 2 choice. Its too late to change resorts but I feel like my family is missing out on FP+ because of the resort I chose. Still looking forward to the trip, but my excitement sure is diminished. Yes, we will be at WDW but still...

Anyone else checking into FQ in September/October having similar feelings?

Seems like FP+ may roll out to all resorts by November 1.

thanks.

Nope! I'm excited to have one more trip without the FP+ madness. I am really worried about how FP+ and my family are going to get along. We are not uber planners and don't even like making a ton of ADR's so I can't imagine that DH is going to be happy about having to chose ride times in advance.:sad2:

I am going to enjoy this trip....with freedom. Then I will start wrapping my brain around all of this FP+ stuff for next years trip.

Nope! I'm excited to have one more trip without the FP+ madness. I am really worried about how FP+ and my family are going to get along. We are not uber planners and don't even like making a ton of ADR's so I can't imagine that DH is going to be happy about having to chose ride times in advance.:sad2:

I am going to enjoy this trip....with freedom. Then I will start wrapping my brain around all of this FP+ stuff for next years trip.

thanks for your response. We can't afford to come back for another 4-5 years so we won't be able to use the new system anytime soon. I really enjoy using new technology.

I hope it rolls out nov 1 for POFQ. I am praying. We go the 8 th. I prefer French quarter because my husband and I like the more quiet romantic ambience . Although through the eyes of a child I know there are more children attractive resorts . So I think it really depends on your type of vaca. If you are doing a family or an adult vaca . Just my opinion POFQ is very serene we love that .

I hope it rolls out nov 1 for POFQ. I am praying. We go the 8 th. I prefer French quarter because my husband and I like the more quiet romantic ambience . Although through the eyes of a child I know there are more children attractive resorts . So I think it really depends on your type of vaca. If you are doing a family or an adult vaca . Just my opinion POFQ is very serene we love that .

My trip to POFQ is actually with my best friend. :goodvibes

Our hubby's gave us this kid free Food & Wine trip for Mother's Day. With my family, we usually stay deluxe, so I figured this is the perfect time to stay at POFQ, a resort I've wanted to try for a few years. :banana:

Oops, should have mentioned when I asked the question, we check in October 19th so if the roll out is November 1, we are out of luck.

My trip to POFQ is actually with my best friend. :goodvibes

Our hubby's gave us this kid free Food & Wine trip for Mother's Day. With my family, we usually stay deluxe, so I figured this is the perfect time to stay at POFQ, a resort I've wanted to try for a few years. :banana:

Wow that is soo awesome have a great time..we will be there for food and wine with the fd. So excited for you and your friend. Have a blast,,,, My hubby planned this as a surprise honeymoon 29 years late lol. I gave birth on our wedding day. I unexpectedly needed knee surgery I had it 13 days ago. I'm fighting through this pain so hard because of our trip 68 days to rehab my knee..

Wow that is soo awesome have a great time..we will be there for food and wine with the fd. So excited for you and your friend. Have a blast,,,, My hubby planned this as a surprise honeymoon 29 years late lol. I gave birth on our wedding day. I unexpectedly needed knee surgery I had it 13 days ago. I'm fighting through this pain so hard because of our trip 68 days to rehab my knee..

OMG! Best wishes for quick healing of your knee, that's got to be tough! :faint: And Happy Anniversary!!

This trip was certainly a pleasant surprise, especially since we had just returned from our family trip on 4/28...and then a couple of weeks later to get my present!!!

I can't wait for Food & Wine! It's my first time. We are also going to the MNSSHP!!

My kids are a bit jealous of that one, but we are ever able to go during that time of year because of school. :(

OMG! Best wishes for quick healing of your knee, that's got to be tough! :faint: And Happy Anniversary!!

This trip was certainly a pleasant surprise, especially since we had just returned from our family trip on 4/28...and then a couple of weeks later to get my present!!!

I can't wait for Food & Wine! It's my first time. We are also going to the MNSSHP!!

My kids are a bit jealous of that one, but we are ever able to go during that time of year because of school. :(

We went last year first time to F W fest. I loved the lamb chops in Australia. They are covered with a crunchy topping ,and mint pesto flavor that was soo yummy ..also in Canada the filet mignon and butter sauce. Mmmm. So good

And Ty its 29 year anniversary. Ack lol

We went last year first time to F W fest. I loved the lamb chops in Australia. They are covered with a crunchy topping ,and mint pesto flavor that was soo yummy ..also in Canada the filet mignon and butter sauce. Mmmm. So good

And Ty its 29 year anniversary. Ack lol

YUM!!!!! I have a list of items I want to try, and the lamb is on it!

29 years is wonderful!!!!

DH and I have only been married for 11 years but we have been together for 20 years....and I'm only 35.....and he's 36 :rolleyes1

He's a keeper though :goodvibes

I am sitting on my porch listening to nothing but the sound of crickets chirping, it's making me homesick for POFQ. :) I am so looking forward to this trip.....

I am sitting on my porch listening to nothing but the sound of crickets chirping, it's making me homesick for POFQ. :) I am so looking forward to this trip.....

Looks like we'll be there at the same time! :goodvibes

26 more days!! Can't wait!!

It's so funny, because if this was a family trip, I'd have our packing done by now...since its just me this time, I have put NOTHING together yet. :rotfl:

Just got back late yesterday, had a great time. 4 for 4 for pixie dust, requested top floor of building 4 - got it, as a result of the room request we were upgraded to a garden view, refrigerator worked and never shared a bus with Riverside. I do like Riverside a little better, but all in all FQ was great.

Just got back late yesterday, had a great time. 4 for 4 for pixie dust, requested top floor of building 4 - got it, as a result of the room request we were upgraded to a garden view, refrigerator worked and never shared a bus with Riverside. I do like Riverside a little better, but all in all FQ was great.

Could you hear the movies at night from your room?

We leave in 2 days!!! :cool1: This will be our 2nd stay at FQ...can't wait!
We never got a letter about the fridges so does that mean we will have a working one?

I'm going to be really honest and ask a question of all you FQ lovers and hopefully I won't get my head handed to me for asking.

I have been planning and saving for this trip for 4 years. It will be me, my sis and your 4 daughters (2 ea). I have always wanted to stay at FQ more than any other Disney resort and was thrilled when sis got FD PIN and we booked at FQ.

Then the announcement came out the POR was going to start testing MD/FP+ in September and FQ is not. So disappointed and I am now questioning my resort choice as POR was my 2 choice. Its too late to change resorts but I feel like my family is missing out on FP+ because of the resort I chose. Still looking forward to the trip, but my excitement sure is diminished. Yes, we will be at WDW but still...

Anyone else checking into FQ in September/October having similar feelings?

Seems like FP+ may roll out to all resorts by November 1. We check in October 19th.

thanks.

I understand as we too have been saving for several years and love new technology. We will be arriving at POFQ in 17 days and decided to book a ghost reservation at Pop the night before we check into POFQ. Immediately after doing so the option to customize our MB was available on MDE and I have made all of our FP+ ressies for the 9 park days and have received our bands via overnight delivery. Likely I will eat the cost of the Pop ressie because the extra $120 is worth to convenience of MB for our party of 4 for 9 nights. It may even be possible to cancel the Pop ressie and keep access to FP+ but at this point I am not willing to risk it.

I haven't seen this yet: the new refrigerators that are going in, are they real refrigerators with a section that can get down to freezing so we can freeze water and such for in the parks, or are they like the coolers we've had previously that didn't get anywhere near freezing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter