Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we were waiting it out to see how well my dad would be or if he'd end up in a rehab facility but he took a turn for the worst last weekend and passed away last Sunday. Lots of mixed emotions. Of course, he was my father and I loved him but he was a very controlling man and in a way, it feels like my mom, my dad and I are all in a better place now. My mom and I are still going on the trip and we actually extended it back to 6 days which is what I wanted in the first place. We're looking forward to it.

Of course, we had to move resorts so we're staying at the CBR now. It's the third time I've tried staying at FQ and had to move when I changed plans lol.

I'm sorry for your loss but I understand that a sense of relief can happen when a family member dies. That is how I felt at my mother's death.

Enjoy your WDW visit. One of these times you'll get to stay at POFQ.

winterman said:
I'm sorry for your loss but I understand that a sense of relief can happen when a family member dies. That is how I felt at my mother's death.

Enjoy your WDW visit. One of these times you'll get to stay at POFQ.

I second this, when my FIL passed away he was so sick for so long, and just kept getting worse and worse. He was finally out of pain, no longer suffering.

Well, we were waiting it out to see how well my dad would be or if he'd end up in a rehab facility but he took a turn for the worst last weekend and passed away last Sunday. Lots of mixed emotions. Of course, he was my father and I loved him but he was a very controlling man and in a way, it feels like my mom, my dad and I are all in a better place now. My mom and I are still going on the trip and we actually extended it back to 6 days which is what I wanted in the first place. We're looking forward to it.

Of course, we had to move resorts so we're staying at the CBR now. It's the third time I've tried staying at FQ and had to move when I changed plans lol.

I'm so sorry for your loss. {hugs}

I hope you have a good break from "real" life through your vacation.

35 days! Cannot wait! Has anyone ever shipped water to POFQ? I've shipped a package to PoP in the past with no probs, just curious about shipping to POFQ.

Hi! Still going through all these but you can have water delivered via garden grocer. No need to ship!:cheer2:

It is a fabulous place French Quarter! I know some people down there staying at Yacht right now.....they actually said it is nice but they like FQ much better!!!!!

This sounds good we have stayed at Beach Club 3 times looking forward to FQ.:woohoo:

I'm at pofq right now. My room had a fridge when we checked in on 8/25. My daughters room did not have one on check in day but just a few days later we came back from
The parks and discovered that one had been installed while we were out. We also saw cast members wheeling a large trolley loaded with a bunch of fridges so I think pofq is in good shape.

annmorr said:
I'm at pofq right now. My room had a fridge when we checked in on 8/25. My daughters room did not have one on check in day but just a few days later we came back from
The parks and discovered that one had been installed while we were out. We also saw cast members wheeling a large trolley loaded with a bunch of fridges so I think pofq is in good shape.

Yippee, sounds like all will be well soon with the fridges. :banana:

48 hours!!! :woohoo:

I hope we get a fridge, but if not we'll do OK with a cooler. Thank you for the updates.

21 days for us! I cannot wait to see POFQ for the first time! Can someone post current pics after or since their trip?

48 hours!!! :woohoo:

I hope we get a fridge, but if not we'll do OK with a cooler. Thank you for the updates.

I will be arriving @ POFQ on Monday Sept. 2 too! I hope you have a great vacation (Say "Hey") if you see me and DH (40ish couple with NO Children this time-DH first WDW trip !)

I will be arriving @ POFQ on Monday Sept. 2 too! I hope you have a great vacation (Say "Hey") if you see me and DH (40ish couple with NO Children this time-DH first WDW trip !)

I'm taking a break from packing--so excited! :goodvibes I'll be with a 17 yo and a 15 yo. Dh is staying home. We hope to arrive no later than noon via Magical Express. Have a great vacation!! Can't wait until Monday! :cheer2:

Andre,

Did I miss the September Movie schedule post? 17 days to go!!! I am planning on doing laundry (probably 2x over our 11 night stay) and will probably take turns with my DH doing laundry/supervising kids at the movie!

I can't wait!

Did I miss the September Movie schedule post?

Yup...

The September 2013 Recreation Activities and Movies Schedule for Port Orleans French Quarter is now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule[/URL] page for full-size PDF version, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 8:30pm and the daily campfires commence at 6:30pm this month.

Andre

kcwiak said:
21 days for us! I cannot wait to see POFQ for the first time! Can someone post current pics after or since their trip?

Wait when you get there is beautiful is just better off seeing and believing I love resort it is beautiful and I want to go back again next year

Checked in yesterday. Brand new fridge in room- just not plugged up. But we plugged it up and Dh removed all tags. Working great:)

I'm going to be really honest and ask a question of all you FQ lovers and hopefully I won't get my head handed to me for asking.

I have been planning and saving for this trip for 4 years. It will be me, my sis and your 4 daughters (2 ea). I have always wanted to stay at FQ more than any other Disney resort and was thrilled when sis got FD PIN and we booked at FQ.

Then the announcement came out the POR was going to start testing MD/FP+ in September and FQ is not. So disappointed and I am now questioning my resort choice as POR was my 2 choice. Its too late to change resorts but I feel like my family is missing out on FP+ because of the resort I chose. Still looking forward to the trip, but my excitement sure is diminished. Yes, we will be at WDW but still...

Anyone else checking into FQ in September/October having similar feelings?

Seems like FP+ may roll out to all resorts by November 1. We check in October 19th.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter