1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winterman

winterman DIS Veteran

I'm sorry for your loss but I understand that a sense of relief can happen when a family member dies. That is how I felt at my mother's death.

Enjoy your WDW visit. One of these times you'll get to stay at POFQ.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

I second this, when my FIL passed away he was so sick for so long, and just kept getting worse and worse. He was finally out of pain, no longer suffering.

4. Amanda999

Amanda999 DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss. {hugs}

I hope you have a good break from "real" life through your vacation.

5. kcwiak

kcwiak Mouseketeer

Hi! Still going through all these but you can have water delivered via garden grocer. No need to ship!:cheer2:

6. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

As far as I know, there's a minimum order, something like $40.00 plus delivery fee... They just won't deliver water...

7. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

This sounds good we have stayed at Beach Club 3 times looking forward to FQ.:woohoo:

8. annmorr

annmorr Mouseketeer

I'm at pofq right now. My room had a fridge when we checked in on 8/25. My daughters room did not have one on check in day but just a few days later we came back from
    The parks and discovered that one had been installed while we were out. We also saw cast members wheeling a large trolley loaded with a bunch of fridges so I think pofq is in good shape.

9. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

Yippee, sounds like all will be well soon with the fridges. :banana:

10. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

48 hours!!! :woohoo:

I hope we get a fridge, but if not we'll do OK with a cooler. Thank you for the updates.

11. kcwiak

kcwiak Mouseketeer

21 days for us! I cannot wait to see POFQ for the first time! Can someone post current pics after or since their trip?

12. karen4546

karen4546 It's all still new to me ;)

I will be arriving @ POFQ on Monday Sept. 2 too! I hope you have a great vacation (Say "Hey") if you see me and DH (40ish couple with NO Children this time-DH first WDW trip !)

13. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

I'm taking a break from packing--so excited! :goodvibes I'll be with a 17 yo and a 15 yo. Dh is staying home. We hope to arrive no later than noon via Magical Express. Have a great vacation!! Can't wait until Monday! :cheer2:

14. bankgirl05

bankgirl05 DIS Veteran

Andre,

Did I miss the September Movie schedule post? 17 days to go!!! I am planning on doing laundry (probably 2x over our 11 night stay) and will probably take turns with my DH doing laundry/supervising kids at the movie!

I can't wait!

15. andrewilley

andrewilley GNU Terry Pratchett

Yup...

Andre

16. pinkfairyy2180

pinkfairyy2180 Earning My Ears

Wait when you get there is beautiful is just better off seeing and believing I love resort it is beautiful and I want to go back again next year

17. utkscvol1

utkscvol1 DIS Veteran

Checked in yesterday. Brand new fridge in room- just not plugged up. But we plugged it up and Dh removed all tags. Working great:)

18. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

Now that it's September I just want to say we will be checking into POFQ "next month". :banana:

19. pepe of ohio

pepe of ohio DIS Veteran

Us too...October 17

20. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I can say I will be at POFQ this month now!!!! :goodvibes

....and next month... 9/27-10/2 :banana:

21. scard192

scard192 DIS Veteran

I'm going to be really honest and ask a question of all you FQ lovers and hopefully I won't get my head handed to me for asking.

I have been planning and saving for this trip for 4 years. It will be me, my sis and your 4 daughters (2 ea). I have always wanted to stay at FQ more than any other Disney resort and was thrilled when sis got FD PIN and we booked at FQ.

Then the announcement came out the POR was going to start testing MD/FP+ in September and FQ is not. So disappointed and I am now questioning my resort choice as POR was my 2 choice. Its too late to change resorts but I feel like my family is missing out on FP+ because of the resort I chose. Still looking forward to the trip, but my excitement sure is diminished. Yes, we will be at WDW but still...

Anyone else checking into FQ in September/October having similar feelings?

Seems like FP+ may roll out to all resorts by November 1. We check in October 19th.

thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.