Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the resort real busy? July 4 is abusy week as far as I know and I would like to know how busy it may be in August when we go (Auguts 26-31) which is supposed to be a slower week.

We will be there on August 14 to 21 for the first time in Disney and, soo many people recommend this resort.

I think you will enjoy POFQ. If you have small children - the pool area is great with the big slide- if you don't have children and it is all adults - you will also enjoy the resort. I liked it because it is not HUGE like the other resorts and it is only a short walk to Riverside (they have a sit down restaurant) and other entertainment. The bus system was good and the boat ride was relaxing. I enjoyed the food @ the quick service restaurant (beignets! and chocolate croissants!) . If you like the hustle and bustle of crowds then some other resort would be better, this one is more southern feeling (chill)- and I would know as I am a Louisiana native for 44 years! I stayed at AKL in Feb. , and it was okay-I was not impressed really- oh it was beautiful and had great restaurants-but while there I would have switched to POFQ if it had been an option. We are going back in Sept. to POFQ - I hope you enjoy your stay.:)

Hi!!!

So.... I'm jumping into this thread to get some opinions on our trip coming up. We are more than likely going to be at WDW in February for President's Day Week and I'm considering POFQ. We want to stay for 8 nights but I need to see the prices when Disney releases them before I decide on that. Last trip we stayed at POR and LOVED it! I've only ever stayed there and POP so my experience is limited. So...if I loved POR would I still love POFQ? I like the theme I think. I like that it's smaller. We were very fortunate and had a great room location at POR, but I know we might not get that this time. I'm really trying to decide which mod resort to go with, so any advice? I read the FAQs and I'm just wondering what the pros and cons are of the resort. Thanks!!!

Does anyone know where the nearest general store is on Disney property near POFQ? I'm looking for full size boxes of cereal and gallon milk. Can only use Disney transportation.

Thanks

You can google "Disney Grocery Delivery" and you'll get options of stores that deliver. There is a fee though.

jwmoss said:
You can google "Disney Grocery Delivery" and you'll get options of stores that deliver. There is a fee though.

Sweet, didn't know that was an option.
Thanks

When we visit POFQ I would not mind a bunny rabbit in the room but think it is highly unlikely since we've requested a 2nd or 3rd floor room. :)

Did you ever see "Monty Python and the Holy Grail?"

Only saying ...

No - But I asked my daughter about it last night so now I get it.
:rotfl2:

"...with nasty big pointy teeth..." :lmao:

Not to mention Anya's fears in Buffy the Vampire Slayer... "it must be BUNNIES!!!"

Andre

I'm glad I was able to bring some amusement to so many of my disboards friends with my bunny rabbit remark :)

As soon as the replies started coming in I knew I'd have to ask one of my kids the next time I spoke with one of them. They are both Monty Python fans.

I'm all caught up on this thread now.

Sweet, didn't know that was an option.
Thanks

It works well for us. My husband likes to have a beer or two at the end of the day and it's much cheaper to have a case delivered than to pay Disney prices. I can also get my coffee creamer that I like. One of the services will deliver a Keurig for $20 for 5 days too. :woohoo:

jwmoss said:
It works well for us. My husband likes to have a beer or two at the end of the day and it's much cheaper to have a case delivered than to pay Disney prices. I can also get my coffee creamer that I like. One of the services will deliver a Keurig for $20 for 5 days too. :woohoo:

Ohhhhh can you PM me which one?

Stacy

Package rates for 2014 are available as of today. I called at 7 am and got right through and was able to have a AAA 10% discount applied to my room only reservation for next February :cool1:

Hi Everyone! I just booked our Nov. 2014 trip at POFQ. This will be our first stay at FQ and I'm really looking forward to it. We stayed at WL last November and really fell in love but it's not in the budget for this trip and I think FQ looks great. A lot of what we loved about WL was it's compact layout which is why I think we will enjoy FQ as well. Gotta get caught up on this thread...

Hi Everyone! I just booked our Nov. 2014 trip at POFQ. This will be our first stay at FQ and I'm really looking forward to it. We stayed at WL last November and really fell in love but it's not in the budget for this trip and I think FQ looks great. A lot of what we loved about WL was it's compact layout which is why I think we will enjoy FQ as well. Gotta get caught up on this thread...

Howdy neighbor! We booked today and my family is also staying at POFQ next November, it's our second time at the resort and I can tell you right now you're gonna LOVE IT!

Andre, I just read somewhere that they're removing the mini-fridges from most of the resorts (including POFQ) because of some safety issue. Have you heard anything about this? :confused3

Andre, I just read somewhere that they're removing the mini-fridges from most of the resorts (including POFQ) because of some safety issue. Have you heard anything about this? :confused3

Sorry, I know you addressed this to Andre but you read correctly. The following are the only rooms excluded:

All DVC units, including Studio, 1, 2 and 3 BR units
- Art of Animation Family Suites
- All Star Music Family Suites
- Cabins at Fort Wilderness

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/refrigerators-being-temporarily-removed-from-all-rooms.868797/

Yes, unfortunately it's quite true. News only broke yesterday so information is a bit scarce, but the situation is expected to last for several months while new fridges are sourced and installed property-wide. See http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3138895 for the latest info (if you can find it between all the waily-waily despairing teeth-gnashing posts anyway :) )

Andre

From what I was able to discern from the multiple posts it looks as though they will replace fridges in unoccupied rooms as time goes on but no room will be without a fridge, am I reading that correct? For me it won't be a big deal as we will only have water in the fridge but i can see the issue for people with medicines.

From what I was able to discern from the multiple posts it looks as though they will replace fridges in unoccupied rooms as time goes on but no room will be without a fridge, am I reading that correct?

I don't think so, no. They need to remove (or disable) fridges from most rooms, depending on what type of fridge was installed. This won't be done while a current guest is still using them, but will be carried out between guests. So within a week or so, most rooms will no longer have working fridges until replacements can be sourced and installed.

They do have a few spares, and will prioritise getting fridges to guests who have medical needs for them.

Andre

We just spent 5 days in the real French Quarter, looking forward to Disney's version.:3dglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter