Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by andrewilley, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo queen

Echo queen <font color=darkcoral>I like the idea of being clo

Provided I'm not trying to get to ARD on time, I don't mind the slow transport at WDW.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TI double-GUH ER

TI double-GUH ER Mouseketeer

Hi! We're returning to POFQ in August - cant wait!!
    We are considering online check in and are debating room location requests.
    Last time we were in building 1. I loved it but DH wants something "closer". (I know it isn't that far but....)
    We have little ones who might nap and will be (hopefully) in bed early at night. So how loud are the ferry horns in building 2, and has anyone been kept awake by the movie in buildings 4 or 5??
    Any recommendations for a building? Thanks!!

4. My2CrazyGirls

My2CrazyGirls DIS Veteran

I booked through disney w a AAA discount and saved a whooping 60 bucks! 9 nights, $2,000......so no discount really unless you consider 60 off a discount. Is pofq worth that much? After WL and BC will we be disappointed? We had great discounts previous stays. Pofq os definitely appealing but will it be a huge step down?

5. talmarsh

talmarsh Earning My Ears

I hope this is not a silly question... But is the Queen bed good for two?
    It's less than two months for me and my girlfriend s visit and we booked the standard.

6. Yellowstonetim

Yellowstonetim DIS Veteran

Depends on what you are accustomed to; if a king bed then this will be smaller, but the queen beds are new, quality and plenty big. Much better than a full mattress. You should find plenty of room.

7. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

There are 2 queen size beds in each room unless you book and pay extra for a king.

8. skriegerjr

skriegerjr Monorail Maven

Wish there was a like button...

We call it home too!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

9. skriegerjr

We check out on the 10th...ooh well!

10. skriegerjr

We love POFQ, and will stay there every return trip for years to come. Hope you enjoy it as well!

11. Kathy Z

Kathy Z Counting my Blessings

I'm way behind in reading this thread (Andre's quote above was from page 125). But I could not resist mentioning that on a vacation my DH & I took to Young Island just off St. Vincent in the Caribbean years ago we had the unique experience of having a peacock strut into our room - what fun! I was able to take a few photos but don't have them in digital form so I can't post a picture.

When we visit POFQ I would not mind a bunny rabbit in the room but think it is highly unlikely since we've requested a 2nd or 3rd floor room. :)

12. NJRRK

NJRRK DIS Veteran

Did you ever see "Monty Python and the Holy Grail?"

Only saying ...

13. summerlady

summerlady DIS Veteran

:rotfl:

14. kddisney502

kddisney502 <font color=blue>P: What's the problem with Goofy?

"...with nasty big pointy teeth..." :lmao:

15. andrewilley

andrewilley Port Orleans Guru

Not to mention Anya's fears in Buffy the Vampire Slayer... "it must be BUNNIES!!!"

Andre

16. karly05

karly05 DIS Veteran

February this year I was in Bldg 5 facing the lawn. The movie was always playing when I came home in the evenings but only once was I really aware of hearing it from inside the room - it was the climactic portion of "The Incredibles," which involves a lot of crashing and exploding things. ;) Even still, it wasn't that bad, just a few rumbles. I can't imagine you would hear it from Bldg 4.

I really loved my room location: 5344, 3rd floor in the part of Bldg 5 closest to the main building. Go past 4 doors, around the corner, down the stairs, and you're right across from the food court.

17. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Oh, this is good news for us next year. We check in on November 11th. I truly hope we can enjoy FD!

18. MissAlaineous

MissAlaineous Earning My Ears

Bounce bounce... just did online check-in for this Friday. POFQ. Requested ground floor near transportation, so we will see how it goes.

This is still a Surprise for my daughter who is 14. She knows that she and I are going somewhere on a mother daughter trip, but I have said - no it needs to be close to home, etc. etc. etc... and I have said we won't figure out until next weekend exactly where and then book it and go. So she is thinking a drive to somewhere. Hoping I can keep silent for another 6 days until we wake her up and head to airport. :rolleyes1

That and I hope she won't kill me for planning it without her. :confused3

19. midgetpepper

midgetpepper Earning My Ears

...have only stayed at WL before but this time it's just me and DD, so we decided on POFQ. So excited to try a new resort. HURRY UP AUGUST!

20. Pixiedust34

Pixiedust34 <font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti

That's exciting! She'll love the surprise!

Do you remember if top floor and a non-connecting room were options for room selection? Thanks!

21. MissAlaineous

MissAlaineous Earning My Ears

There were 4 choices. Near Transportation, Corner Room, Ground Floor, Second Floor. That was it. You could pick two. I didn't see a top floor option.

Since I have a feeling she will want to run to the pool, and the food court and, and, and... and since she is REALLY LOUD going down stairs, well and walking (how for such a tiny girl), I opted for near transportation ground floor. It was between ground floor and corner room. Maybe I will get lucky?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.