Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! We're returning to POFQ in August - cant wait!!
We are considering online check in and are debating room location requests.
Last time we were in building 1. I loved it but DH wants something "closer". (I know it isn't that far but....)
We have little ones who might nap and will be (hopefully) in bed early at night. So how loud are the ferry horns in building 2, and has anyone been kept awake by the movie in buildings 4 or 5??
Any recommendations for a building? Thanks!!

We were in building 4 last November. I can sometimes be a light sleeper. But I never once heard the movie. In fact things were very quiet at this resort. Much quieter than any other disney resort I've visited.

There were 4 choices. Near Transportation, Corner Room, Ground Floor, Second Floor. That was it. You could pick two. I didn't see a top floor option.

Since I have a feeling she will want to run to the pool, and the food court and, and, and... and since she is REALLY LOUD going down stairs, well and walking (how for such a tiny girl), I opted for near transportation ground floor. It was between ground floor and corner room. Maybe I will get lucky?

Thank you! We want top floor, so unless Next Gen is rolled out before Sept. (doubtful) I will forgo the online check in.

I hope you get a great room location!

There were 4 choices. Near Transportation, Corner Room, Ground Floor, Second Floor. That was it. You could pick two. I didn't see a top floor option.

Which seems odd, as by listing "Ground Floor" and "Second Floor", that would imply that they are using the general Ground Floor/1st Floor/2nd Floor numbering system (rather than the US nomenclature of 1st/2nd/3rd floors). So given that all of the POFQ buildings are three storey (or, in the US, three story :) ) I would have read those choices as meaning Ground Floor or Top Floor. But why not just write that and avoid the ambiguity?

Andre

andrewilley said:
Which seems odd, as by listing "Ground Floor" and "Second Floor", that would imply that they are using the general Ground Floor/1st Floor/2nd Floor numbering system (rather than the US nomenclature of 1st/2nd/3rd floors). So given that all of the POFQ buildings are three storey (or, in the US, three story :) ) I would have read those choices as meaning Ground Floor or Top Floor. But why not just write that and avoid the ambiguity?

Andre

Are they using the Internet from another country like the UK where it would show British English as opposed to American English?

Stacy

Depends on what you are accustomed to; if a king bed then this will be smaller, but the queen beds are new, quality and plenty big. Much better than a full mattress. You should find plenty of room.

Are the KING beds new as well? I would assume all mattresses were replaced when the refurb happened, what a year or two ago?

Does anyone know where the nearest general store is on Disney property near POFQ? I'm looking for full size boxes of cereal and gallon milk. Can only use Disney transportation.

Thanks

Does anyone know where the nearest general store is on Disney property near POFQ? I'm looking for full size boxes of cereal and gallon milk. Can only use Disney transportation.

Thanks

I think you will need to go off site for those items. Closest to POFQ take boat to DTD and the store is right across the street. We made a trip there in Feb very easy to get to. Boat is faster and nicer ride as well.

zy144622 said:
I think you will need to go off site for those items. Closest to POFQ take boat to DTD and the store is right across the street. We made a trip there in Feb very easy to get to. Boat is faster and nicer ride as well.

I'm going to DTD the first night there to eat at T-REX. Do you happen to know the name of the store or where it is located from the restaurant?

I'm going to DTD the first night there to eat at T-REX. Do you happen to know the name of the store or where it is located from the restaurant?

The stores name is Goodings I think and they are open 24hours. From T-Rex you would walk to bus stops for resorts and cross the street. My guess is quarter mile walk.

zy144622 said:
The stores name is Goodings I think and they are open 24hours. From T-Rex you would walk to bus stops for resorts and cross the street. My guess is quarter mile walk.

Thank you for your help.

checking out of POFQ after 5 nights. We loved our room in building 5 and will ask for it when we return again! We had great mousekeeping every day and was given extra towels when asked. The food court was busy but it flowed well. The bus service was pretty good as well. We used it from DTD which took over an hour (we'll drive next time lol), Epcot, and MK which both of those were quick and flawless! The boat to DTD was very nice but they suspend service during bad weather but at least they have the bus as an option and you don't have to wait. The pool was busy around the 4th and then the crowds started to die off and it was very easy to get chairs as of yesterday and the day before. Overall we had a great time and the lobby refurbishment did not bother us but it will be nice when it's done! The online check-in was quick and our room was ready when we arrived at 10am (the time given during online check-in process). We are off to BC for two nights to end the trip and look forward to returning to POFQ again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter