Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread, New for 2012 (thread now FULL and CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except, of course, when we were there - December 2010. Average I think was 35. I wore my ski jacket & gloves all day in the parks! For Fantasmic, it was 20 degrees! (We didn't go, but I bet there was no line!)

We were there then too....we came off the ship on a Thursday (was cold on the ship too) & arrived at WL to freezing temps....that year was horrible, but it was still Disney :)

Except, of course, when we were there - December 2010. Average I think was 35. I wore my ski jacket & gloves all day in the parks! For Fantasmic, it was 20 degrees! (We didn't go, but I bet there was no line!)

We were there then too....we came off the ship on a Thursday (was cold on the ship too) & arrived at WL to freezing temps....that year was horrible, but it was still Disney :)

When DH and I went in 2009 in December 2007 and 2009 it was FREEZING. We wore our Columbia coats, and one of the CM's said "You're from the north aren't you?". When we said yes, he said "I knew because you can't buy coats like that here in FL!". We wore gloves too it was so cold! Also, when riding EE, no one screamed because it was so cold.

Either way, December is a great time to go!

The weather in FLorida from December to March is a crap shoot, you never know what you get. It can change from day to day even.

Yup, we were there dec 10 to 17 in 2010 at WL and it was coat and snow hat weather. Makes me scared to go back in the winter :(

I requested building 3 but am rethinking either 4 or 6 or 7
Will I be able to hear the movie from either of these buildings?
I have booked a garden view
Also how many minutes is it from building 7 to Riverside?
Thanks

Music to my ears. I am NOT a fan of winter and cold temps!

Well we live in the Asian Tropics, where the days are high 90's and the nights high 70's, 365 days a year, one season all year long, so for us any change is good, and fos us these temperatures would be cold, so fantastic

I was at WDW then too! I was just thankful I had my winter coat with me--I was going to leave it in our car at the airport, and forgot to take it off.

I hope to never experience that cold of weather at WDW again!

On our November, 2010, trip we couldn't use the pool as it was so cool out plus since the parks weren't open as late we used our daylight hours in the parks. Just got back from our first trip to WDW in the summer...hot, crowded but we loved every minute of it as you can use the pool so much!

Can anyone tell me a bit about the slide at the FQ pool? I have two kids, one a good swimmer, the other still needing flotation device help. Is the slide more for very young kids? Mine are 8 and 5. Just curious is it wil be a little too tame. Thank you!

Can anyone tell me a bit about the slide at the FQ pool? I have two kids, one a good swimmer, the other still needing flotation device help. Is the slide more for very young kids? Mine are 8 and 5. Just curious is it wil be a little too tame. Thank you!

It's OK to wear floatation devices on the slides.

If they find it a little tame (the POFQ slide is only about 50' long) you might want to try the one over at Riverside, which is twice as long and has a little extra dip in the middle which makes it a btt faster. Fun to try both anyway.

Andre

We have been to Disney during the first week of December for the past two years and one night we wore long sleeves and actually sweated that evening. It was quite warm during the day and chilly at night. I don't think we ever swam in the pools though.

We were just there with two families that had girls 4 1/2, 7 1/2 and almost 9. They all enjoyed it, especially the younger one. Although the slide is short, they can build up some speed going down it, which they loved!

we just switched our reservation from caribbean beach to french quarter. this is the only moderate that i have never stayed at. can someone tell me if they have an area to do laundry. also when going to downtown disney on the boat is it difficult to get a seat due to it being crowded? tia lisa

can someone tell me if they have an area to do laundry.

Yup. Right by the pool bar.

also when going to downtown disney on the boat is it difficult to get a seat due to it being crowded? tia lisa

In 2 stays here, never had trouble getting a seat on the first boat that arrived.

Since this is your first stay, I would suggest checking out Andre's awesome site.

http://portorleans.org

For the one needing a flotation device, if you don't bring your own, there are child life vests available free for your stay.

when going to downtown disney on the boat is it difficult to get a seat due to it being crowded? tia lisa

We only had trouble one very busy night (peak dinner time on very busy disney weekend), but the next boat arrived quickly to get the rest of us.

Our group did laundry and took the boat back and forth to DTD and had no problems.

The first boat stop is PO Riverside (but coming back drops off first at POFQ!) and we did see one occasion (we took it back from Riverside as my feet had a blister!) where there was not enough room to accommodate those in line at POFQ. The last party in line that could not be accommodated (they do not allow standing room...all must sit and they count the number of people) included someone in an ECV, and it appeared that this group were complaining to the boat captain about having to wait for the next boat. I think there are only a couple of areas in the boat that they can secure the ECV to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!