PizzeRizzo opens this fall!

Loved high school pizza

Mmmmm.....

tumblr_luvc0bJqDl1r1brdn.jpg

Pizza is a very regional thing. A New Yorker isn't going to agree with someone from Chicago as to what constitutes good pizza, even if they both used the worlds best ingredients. I'm under no impression that pizza planet was gourmet pizza....the question is did the kids like it? Beyond that it's not a big deal to me. I can't remember being wowed by any quick service location.
I think sauce makes all the difference in the world....but some people it's crust.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't more americanized fast food tex mex. You have the mexican pavillion in Epcot, Pecos Bills and Tortuga tavern sort of tex mex. Anything else on property? I would think a Moe's or Chipotle(hold the e-coli) style joint would a nice addition to the parks. Multiple servery lines that can be opened dependent on business levels.

I'm concerned that this will just be a building makeover and not a food makeover.

Should be interesting to find out what decor they will use and what the menu will be like.:scratchin

Kermit used to still make appearances back in the day. Of course that day is long gone. ;)

As for the Muppets show, it's hard to say what exactly went wrong there. The ratings started high and fell off but I wonder if it would have happened no matter how they portrayed the Muppets? I watched hoping for the old show and didn't like the changes. Would the old style have worked?

And here I was, just the opposite. Wasn't the biggest fan of the old show, but loved the new take on it. And now it's gone. :-(

The muppets fit that weird John Denver, Gordon lightfoot dominated niche of the late 70's/early 80's of pre technology...then got some good legs for kids with fraggle and muppet babies in the 80's...

But I don't think it really translates. In 20 years only senior citizens will be fond of the muppets.

Like lawrence welk ;)
I actually thought their mid-90's stuff, like The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island, was quite good, and I believe it was pretty popular at the time. In fact, I think The Muppet Christmas Carol is neck-and-neck with The Muppet Movie for my favorite movie they've done.

Muppets from Space
is where it really started to go downhill for me. It's like they suddenly lost the classic Muppet charm, and they've never quite regained it. Coincidentally (or not), that film is where Frank Oz really started stepping back from the Muppets. At that point, you'd lost Jim Henson and you'd lost Frank Oz, and they were the guideposts for the franchise.

Pizza is a very regional thing. A New Yorker isn't going to agree with someone from Chicago as to what constitutes good pizza, even if they both used the worlds best ingredients. I'm under no impression that pizza planet was gourmet pizza....the question is did the kids like it? Beyond that it's not a big deal to me. I can't remember being wowed by any quick service location.
I think sauce makes all the difference in the world....but some people it's crust.

Well - I don't wholy agree with you. A great thin crust in New York versus a great deep dish in Chicago are two completely different things - but they are both great in their own way, and as someone who lives in neither place I can appreciate both of them, even though I would favor one over the other (in my case the deep dish). A quality pizza here in Buffalo is even different from those two (you can get a good thin crust here, but the more popular is not a thin crust, and you can't get any kind of decent deep dish).

All that said, all these forms of pizza can be excellent, and fans of all of them won't argue that Chuck E Cheese pizza is any good at all.

And as far as I'm concerned - the fact that "do the kids like it" is fine if you put it on the kids menu ONLY (though even there we should have higher standards), but if you are going to sell it as the adult selection then they really need to be better to bring me into the shop.

As I said earlier in the thread - we were fine with Via Napoli. Not the best pizza we ever had, but a very good wood fired and some nice fresh ingredients on the pie. The Pizza at Pizza Planet (and Pizzafari for instance) I haven't had in ages, because it was nothing short of horrible. Bread with sauce and cheese doesn't make pizza.

I love the Muppets, and am sincerely hoping this opens before we get there in October. We will head there for our first meal of the trip. But if it's the same old pizza, there's a good chance I won't be back.

Muppets from Space is where it really started to go downhill for me. It's like they suddenly lost the classic Muppet charm, and they've never quite regained it. Coincidentally (or not), that film is where Frank Oz really started stepping back from the Muppets. At that point, you'd lost Jim Henson and you'd lost Frank Oz, and they were the guideposts for the franchise.
Just out of curiosity how did you feel about the 2011 one? I personally thought it was fantastic and very true to spirt with the show and vision (honestly the only other two muppets properties I have seen, not counting Sesame Street of course). I have yet to see most wanted though, I need to set aside a day for it

I watched hoping for the old show and didn't like the changes. Would the old style have worked?

I totally agree with you! I think it could have been re-made as a fun family show - just like it once was. For awhile, we watched AFV every Sunday night. Was it "quality " programming? Of course not, but we could all watch it together and laugh. They could have had guests hosts, corny jokes and crazy gags just like the good ol' days. And in this world of cynicism and tragic events of late, maybe it would have been a breath of fresh fun. Instead we got edginess and more cynicism.

I actually thought their mid-90's stuff, like The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island, was quite good, and I believe it was pretty popular at the time. In fact, I think The Muppet Christmas Carol is neck-and-neck with The Muppet Movie for my favorite movie they've done.

Muppet Christmas Carol is a must-watch for me every year!

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I miss The Muppets...

I loved the original Muppet Movie and hated the reboot. I wanted to see Kermit and Miss Piggy not Walter. I think Disney had no idea how to market the new Muppet Show. They scheduled it opposite NCIS and the Voice. They made the characters unlikable and when a new show runner changed the tone of the show ABC did nothing to win back the audience.

Kermit used to still make appearances back in the day. Of course that day is long gone. ;)

As for the Muppets show, it's hard to say what exactly went wrong there. The ratings started high and fell off but I wonder if it would have happened no matter how they portrayed the Muppets? I watched hoping for the old show and didn't like the changes. Would the old style have worked?
Same here. I was looking forward to the same old muppets. But the storyline was not "Muppets" to me.

We loved Pizza Planet pizza-for me it was the only QS meal in DHS that I liked. I'm not a huge fan of the flatbreads so I hope it doesn't turn into that.

Rumour/speculation I heard (believe it was on Tom Bricker's site) is that it will likely be flatbread pizza similar to the new AK Pizzafari menu.

As far as pizza being a regional thing in the United States, I don't disagree - but if you're looking to enjoy/experience pizza the way it's made in Italy, then Via Napoli is the place to get a good quality pizza.

But then again, what do the Italians know about making pizza? :crazy:

I hope they keep the same menu, the pizzas were generic, but the meatball subs and cappuccino cupcakes were awwwesome.

I don't care for the flatbreads at places like pinocchio, my father said "It tastes like Pinocchio's father made this." I tend to agree with him, it looks like a big cracker with ketchup on it.

I hope they keep the same menu, the pizzas were generic, but the meatball subs and cappuccino cupcakes were awwwesome.

I don't care for the flatbreads at places like pinocchio, my father said "It tastes like Pinocchio's father made this." I tend to agree with him, it looks like a big cracker with ketchup on it.
I hope the pizza changes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter