PizzeRizzo opens this fall!

This is also a concern of mine and not sure why everyone is so excited about this.
I'm excited for something new! We've been going to HS since it first opened as MGM Studios back in 1989. In old days, the pizza was bad - and this was before Toy Story or Pizza Planet. At some place over time, the pizza improved at Pizza Planet - a lot. And, the Antipasto Salad was fantastic - a hidden gem. It does sound the same on the new PizzeRizzo menu (a bed of Romaine lettuce piled high with tomatoes, Mozzarella, Kalamata olives, ham, pepperoni, salami and Balsamic Vinaigrette). Plus, it is a nice cool, counter restaurant with inside seating.

I'm sorry if this has been answered...Does anyone know if this will be quick service or table service? I would like to eat here on my next trip in December.

I had better pizza at Pizza Planet then at Via Napoli. So everyone has there own opinion on what better pizza is.
I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I didn't know that meant I wasn't allowed to express mine. And who brought up Via Napoli?

I was really hoping for improved pizza. But , nope , same terrible Pizza Planet with a new theme .

Which is hysterical because the hack frauds at DisneyFoodBlog who refuse to say a negative thing about anything Disney food related seem to be over the moon by this. They didn't seem to think there was an issue with the pizza served from Pizza Planet.

After the massive headache Pizza Planet and the screaming children game me I swore to never go back.... But I'm a sucker for anything Muppets related, so once more into fray for a meatball sub I suppose.

I had better pizza at Pizza Planet then at Via Napoli. So everyone has there own opinion on what better pizza is.
Very true.

And, I think Pizza Planet pizza was the same pizza served at HS Catalina Eddie's. But, at least Pizza Planet/PizzeRizzo is in the ac.

Catalina Eddie's:
Pizza
Meat Lovers Pizza - served with Caesar salad $10.69

Pepperoni Pizza - with Caesar Salad $9.99

Cheese Pizza - with Caesar Salad $9.49

After the massive headache Pizza Planet and the screaming children game me I swore to never go back.... But I'm a sucker for anything Muppets related, so once more into fray for a meatball sub I suppose.
The noise was bad at Pizza Planet! So, hopefully PizzaRizzo will have a quieter atmosphere.

The noise was bad at Pizza Planet! So, hopefully PizzaRizzo will have a quieter atmosphere.
I would think since more kids would go to a Toy Story themed restaurant than a Muppets themed one since Muppets aren't all the rage with kids these days. (What my students tell me at least.)

However I have a feeling if it has a lot of games and pizza it's still going to have a "Chuck E. Cheese" type vibe and have the same resulting noise

I hope I'm wrong. Either way we're going to go eat food in a restaurant that has rats!...... wait, that isn't usually a good thing.... :P

Walked by it today (just now, actually) - they're putting out tables and chairs (still covered in plastic) and touching up some paint on the brick facade on the patio.

I think the signage is pretty stinkin' cute ...

IMG_4434.JPG

I was really hoping for improved pizza. But , nope , same terrible Pizza Planet with a new theme .

I do have to say - just because the menu is the same (and it would almost have to be being that it's pizza) we shouldn't assume it will be the same terrible Pizza.

And yes, certainly everyone is allowed an opinion, but I have to wonder if someone grew up on Stouffer's Frozen Pizza if they think Pizza Planet Pizza was good.

I do have to say - just because the menu is the same (and it would almost have to be being that it's pizza) we shouldn't assume it will be the same terrible Pizza.
The combo of the menu and the PR photos from the Parks Blog post is what led me to that assumption .

Are there any fun muppets themed deserts or drinks?

To me the perfect opportunity to mix the fun of the muppets would have been great here like weird pizzas or goofy treats - but it looks standard fare.

I'm excited about this! I love the Muppets! I was hoping it would be open in time for our trip two weeks ago. (sigh) I'll wait until next year.

I understand some of the negative comments on the quality of the pizza at Pizza Planet and (possibly) soon to be Pizzerizzo. But its quick service pizza at a theme park, its not going to be the best. I didn't mind the pizza at Pizza at Pizza Planet, but everybody is entitled to their his/her opinion. I'm more so looking forward to the atmosphere and theming. It looks like its going to be really cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter