PizzeRizzo opens this fall!

Even when the rumors started it was always supposed to stay a pizza place. The kitchen is getting renovated and that kitchen is shared by Mama Melrose. I don't expect Disney quick service pizza to be the best pizza on the planet. If you want good pizza go to via Napoli at Epcot or trattoria al forno at the boardwalk.
I don't think anyone expects gourmet pizza from the QS restaurants but at least edible is a nice option.

My point really though is that I suspect it is simply a retheming and nothing else. I certainly hope I'm wrong but they've not done anything lately to give lots of optimism of something being done right in Orlando. What was it something like 3 months between the release of the really cool looking Toy Story area and the toned down version? I'd suspect it's at least even odds that what ends up getting built is even reduced from that.

Honestly...via Napoli is average...not exceptional.

But pizza planet is wretched...I'm
Skeptical that this is just gonna be low grade cattle call pizza again.

I mean...generally speaking the food at most of magic kingdom and studios spots sucks...but people keep going.
I really like via Napoli but to each their own. There really isn't an exceptional pizza place on property then if via Napoli is average. This is a set of theme parks making food for thousands of people a day it's not your local pizza shop you go to all the time.

I don't think anyone expects gourmet pizza from the QS restaurants but at least edible is a nice option.

My point really though is that I suspect it is simply a retheming and nothing else. I certainly hope I'm wrong but they've not done anything lately to give lots of optimism of something being done right in Orlando. What was it something like 3 months between the release of the really cool looking Toy Story area and the toned down version? I'd suspect it's at least even odds that what ends up getting built is even reduced from that.
Understandable. There haven't been any rumors regarding menu changes or anything so we will have to wait and see really.

Via Napoli isn't exactly convenient when you're spending a day at DHS. I really hoped that the food might be worked on while everything else is anyway.
While I kind of agree it's not difficult to hop on the boat at DHS and head over to Epcot for dinner in Italy. That's just me though because that's exactly what we did this January.

That's my concern. If it's just a redecorated Pizza Planet then...no.
Yeah - I think the one meal we had at Pizza Planet might have been the worst meal I've had at WDW. I'm not expecting great food at a theme park pizza place. But that food reminded me of my high school cafeteria.

While I kind of agree it's not difficult to hop on the boat at DHS and head over to Epcot for dinner in Italy. That's just me though because that's exactly what we did this January.
We didn't have hoppers so we headed to Disney Springs. I think that that was a lot more trouble than Epcot but we enjoyed our lunch.

I personally would rather get one of Little Caesar's cardboard pizzas than eat at Pizza Planet again. The price at Little Caesar's is at least right. ;)

We really liked the pizza at Via Napoli so I could go for pizza like that.

I really like via Napoli but to each their own. There really isn't an exceptional pizza place on property then if via Napoli is average. This is a set of theme parks making food for thousands of people a day it's not your local pizza shop you go to all the time.

Right...that's whatta Ima sayin, pizano

With all the walking I am normally starving at my meals.I would never say the food is horrible.

We've always enjoyed Pizza Planet Pizza. Looking forward to Rizzo's opening, hope it's open for my Nov. trip. Will be nice to not have the arcade games and more seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter