• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pixie Dust, Pineapples, & Plummits - a May 2011 TR - Updated 3/17/12

First of all, sending prayers and good thoughts your way! Hope you can get some rest soon, and continued healing for your grandmother. :hug:

And don't apologize... we're still here! We all understand life gets in the way. We'll read your next update when you can get to it!

:hug:

We're still here. Life comes first - and when you're ready to update again, we'll be here to read.

Lots of prayers going out to your friends and family. Fingers are crossed that your treatments work! :goodvibes

Please take care and keep us updated as you can! :hug::hug:

Wow! That's a lot on your plate. Prayers to your family, I hope your grandmother's health improves.

Don't worry about the pace of your updates! Write when you can. These past couple of weeks have been a blur for me with the end of the school year and other activities so I haven't been able to keep up anyway!

Good luck with your treatments. :wizard: My oldest son was a fertility baby- my fingers are crossed for you!

Don't worry about updating, the Dis will still be here once you get a chance to a break.

Sending prayers and pixie dust for your grandmother and your fertility treatments.

I am finally caught up with your TR.
Just wanted to say your pics are fabulous. I, especially, love the one of Nemo. :love: He is such a cutie!
:hug: I am so sorry to hear that you had an unmagical arrival. I would have been near tears, too.
What is up with the CMs being so rude!!!
I am glad it finally got rectified and you got a room with a wonderful view and got upgraded to CL. I didn't even know that existed until you told about it. I guess I am not as well versed in everything Disney, yet.
Your PP pic is so great! You and your DH looked great standing in front of the castle. I couldn't even tell you were both irritated and exhausted.
Cannot wait to read more!!!! popcorn::
Thanks! I guess we are "those" crazy cat people - he's like our baby! I guess that will change when we have kids which, btw - Nemo hates LOL. We joke that when we bring home our newborn if he/she doesn't get along with Nemo will have our parents take our baby in so we can keep the cat. :laughing: We're totally joking of course but it's still funny. Anyway... Luckily things got better after the first day, but it still upsets me when I think about it. I didn't know that much about CL to be honest, I learned more after we were home LOL. I doubt we'll ever stay CL again because I'd never pay for it so it was a nice treat.

I think its a beautiful PP picture! :cloud9: You guys look fabulous!

Can't wait to read the update! (And glad you got your CD.) Hope you feel rested soon!! :hug:

Thanks! I can't believe we have been back from Disney for over a month. I can no longer blame my exhaustion on Disney, lol.

Ya'll look great!!! I like that pic in front of the castle!!!

thank you!

Awww, I think it's a great photo of you guys!

Yay for getting the CD... hoping to see lots more great pics!

Thanks! There are a lot more pictures to come!

Sorry you've been so exhausted lately :( I hope you get a chance to rest and feel better! Yay for getting the photopass CD. I look forward to seeing more photos :)

Thanks! Today was one of the first days since we got back that I had a lot of energy - I cleaned my house from top to bottom finally and now I feel a lot better (but tired from all that work haha)

First of all, sending prayers and good thoughts your way! Hope you can get some rest soon, and continued healing for your grandmother. :hug:

And don't apologize... we're still here! We all understand life gets in the way. We'll read your next update when you can get to it!

Thank you so much! My grandmother is doing much better now and we're hoping everything goes back to normal.

No need to apologize. My prayers and thoughts are with your family. We'll still be here. :hug:

Thank you so much!!!

Take your time, I will still be here to read when you have time to post. :goodvibes

Thank you! I didn't plan on dragging this TR out this much - I guess I'll have to start making up for lost time!

We're still here. Life comes first - and when you're ready to update again, we'll be here to read.

Lots of prayers going out to your friends and family. Fingers are crossed that your treatments work! :goodvibes

Please take care and keep us updated as you can! :hug::hug:

Thank you so much! Hopefully the next time I complain about being exhausted it's because I've been growing a human :laughing:

Wow! That's a lot on your plate. Prayers to your family, I hope your grandmother's health improves.

Don't worry about the pace of your updates! Write when you can. These past couple of weeks have been a blur for me with the end of the school year and other activities so I haven't been able to keep up anyway!

Good luck with your treatments. :wizard: My oldest son was a fertility baby- my fingers are crossed for you!

Thank you! My grandmother seems to be doing better now that she is home. I know what you mean about these past few weeks being a blur. I cannot believe we have been home from Disney for over 4 weeks. I have no idea what has happened since then, LOL. I need to start enjoying summer before it is over!!! I have so many other TRs to catch up on!!! We're both really hopeful that this drug will work a miracle for us - I'm excited at the increased possibility of multiples but DH thinks I'm crazy for wishing for twins LOL.

Don't worry about updating, the Dis will still be here once you get a chance to a break.

Sending prayers and pixie dust for your grandmother and your fertility treatments.

Thanks!!! I bet you are finished your TR by now, lol.

Great photopass pictures! I haven't seen the gold border before. Really nice.

I love the sunglasses you guys got!

Too bad you didn't make it for park opening but it sounds like you didn't do too bad catching up.

I liked the new version of Space Mountain, although it had probably been like 15-20 years since I had been on this ride, for a variety of reasons. It was shut down during some of our past trips, the kids were too small (and not interested) in riding and frankly, it scared me. The tracks seemed so close, I feared decapitation. And I am only 5 feet tall!

I was afraid I would look like your DH does in the Splash Mountain redneck photo! I love that!

How was the line for the Tomorrowland Speedway? It always seems very long to me, and it is out in the sun, so it is hot, too.

I really like the variety of food you can get at Cosmic Rays, but I hate that you have to go to different counters to get it.

Loving all the PP pics... we're thinking of getting the CD, but I've never done PP before. So it's nice to see all the photos.

I rode Space Mtn with my dad on my first trip to WDW (I was 10 at the time)... I hated it! I cried the entire ride, and when we got off I actually smacked my dad, I was so mad at him for making me ride it (even though I love coasters) We didn't do Space Mtn on our '07 trip, as my DDs were too small for it but we rode last year. I was going to skip it but the girls talked me into going... and I still hated it! It's too jerky and you can't see ANYthing.

Your CL breakfast and snack looks yummy!

I love all the pics too!! That's awesome that you guys used it up!! It's funny, my son has the same Donald shirt that your DH has!!!

Glad your grandmother is ok, and sending good fertility wishes!! If I had it to do over again, I think I would have wanted twins too. I didn't at the time, but of course you look back, and at the time if I knew I wasn't gonna be able to have any more babies, I would have opted for twins the first time. I love my son, and kids in general, as you can tell from my TR LOL Being a mom is the best thing in the world!!!!

What a great morning that you had!

I totally know what you mean about the "woo girls". Love How I Met Your Mother.

CHH is one of my favorites too. But Cosmic Ray's is a good standby in case you don't know exactly what you want to eat.

Wow, you guys sure got lots of photopass pictures! :thumbsup2
that's not even all of them! :lmao: We make it a point to stop at as many as possible since I am not photogenic at all.

Great photopass pictures! I haven't seen the gold border before. Really nice.

I love the sunglasses you guys got!

Too bad you didn't make it for park opening but it sounds like you didn't do too bad catching up.

I liked the new version of Space Mountain, although it had probably been like 15-20 years since I had been on this ride, for a variety of reasons. It was shut down during some of our past trips, the kids were too small (and not interested) in riding and frankly, it scared me. The tracks seemed so close, I feared decapitation. And I am only 5 feet tall!

I was afraid I would look like your DH does in the Splash Mountain redneck photo! I love that!

How was the line for the Tomorrowland Speedway? It always seems very long to me, and it is out in the sun, so it is hot, too.

I really like the variety of food you can get at Cosmic Rays, but I hate that you have to go to different counters to get it.

I was happy to see some new borders! Although you can probably tell which one was my favorite, lol. I was upset we didn't make it to rope drop, but I don't feel like we were too behind. The crowds weren't as bad as what we were used to on our past trips. I am so glad to hear you say you feared decapitation. My DH thought I was crazy and I'm 5' too - he's 6'3"! I seriously was convinced my hair was going to get stuck and was going to be ripped off - it was horrible! LOL. I was in a hurry taking the splash mountain picture and I felt so bad I cut his head off. Oh well, being that tall I guess he is used to it! For "no wait" the line did seem long and even though it was pretty early, it was in the blaring sun and by the time we were halfway through the queue I realized it probably wasn't worth it. Oh well, we did it once! I definitely didn't like splitting up at Cosmic Ray's - that must be awful when you have more than 2 people and you all want different things, especially kids. But I did love the options.

Loving all the PP pics... we're thinking of getting the CD, but I've never done PP before. So it's nice to see all the photos.

I rode Space Mtn with my dad on my first trip to WDW (I was 10 at the time)... I hated it! I cried the entire ride, and when we got off I actually smacked my dad, I was so mad at him for making me ride it (even though I love coasters) We didn't do Space Mtn on our '07 trip, as my DDs were too small for it but we rode last year. I was going to skip it but the girls talked me into going... and I still hated it! It's too jerky and you can't see ANYthing.

Your CL breakfast and snack looks yummy!
I highly recommend the CD! I always preorder it for $99 - can't beat it. We get as many pictures taken as possible, as all of them aren't going to turn out. I love adding the borders too. Since it's just the two of us, we would have no pictures of both of us if it wasn't for photopass. I'm not a fan of roller coasters at all, but I tolerate space mountain for DH. For some reason, I found out on our last trip that I love EE, but I still feel like I'm going to die at any second while I'm on it. The only two rides I won't ride are RnRC and ToT. DH loves both those rides, especially RnRC but doesn't like to ride alone. I feel bad, but he would not like what happened if I sucked it up and went on one of those rides with him LOL.

I love all the pics too!! That's awesome that you guys used it up!! It's funny, my son has the same Donald shirt that your DH has!!!

Glad your grandmother is ok, If I had it to do over again, I think I would have wanted twins too. I didn't at the time, but of course you look back, and at the time if I knew I wasn't gonna be able to have any more babies, I would have opted for twins the first time. I love my son, and kids in general, as you can tell from my TR LOL Being a mom is the best thing in the world!!!!

My DH loves that Donald shirt! And thank you!

What a great morning that you had!

I totally know what you mean about the "woo girls". Love How I Met Your Mother.

CHH is one of my favorites too. But Cosmic Ray's is a good standby in case you don't know exactly what you want to eat.

I always love being in the MK in the morning. Haha, I'm glad someone got my reference. My DH & I LOVE How I Met Your Mother. I was a little sad at first since I wanted tuna for a hot minute, but I eat tuna all the time at work so it really wasn't a big deal - the chicken sandwich at Cosmic Ray's didn't disappoint.

Last edited:
Oh, those Pooh topiaries are too cute (We used a "gender neutral" Pooh theme for our two DDs!) and nice that you got to see the TS3 and Cars ones, also.

I thought about Biergarten for the trip with my mom, sister, and Helen (none of us have been there) but a friend of mine (who has been there) suggested I wait and do that one with my family, as it's a place the kids will enjoy. Glad to hear you had a great time there and liked the food!

Oh, and I love your tee shirt!

Wow!!! Beautiful pictures at EPCOT.

Dinner at Biergarten looks cool. We have never done that.

Too bad things at EMH didn't work out as planned.

My money is on rope drop!

Oh, those Pooh topiaries are too cute (We used a "gender neutral" Pooh theme for our two DDs!) and nice that you got to see the TS3 and Cars ones, also.

I thought about Biergarten for the trip with my mom, sister, and Helen (none of us have been there) but a friend of mine (who has been there) suggested I wait and do that one with my family, as it's a place the kids will enjoy. Glad to hear you had a great time there and liked the food!

Oh, and I love your tee shirt!

I don't know why I was never interested in Biergarten before. For some reason I didn't want to eat there until we started picking restaurants for this trip and our plan was to eat at places we've never eaten at before. We both loved it. I didn't think my parents would be interested, but they both are so we'll probably eat here if/when we get to go as a big family! It was definitely a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.

Wow!!! Beautiful pictures at EPCOT.

Dinner at Biergarten looks cool. We have never done that.

Too bad things at EMH didn't work out as planned.

My money is on rope drop!

You should try it some time, I think you would like it. There was a lot to choose from on the buffet, and the atmosphere was really fun. I know a lot of people don't like having to sit with strangers, but we actually had a nice talk and it wasn't awkward.

Oh well, everything can't go your way all the time. DH's theory is that since the only 2 real rides are Soarin' & Test Track, that is why there is always such a wait for them. We found out on this trip we are too old to stay up so late at the parks LOL. We left "early" most nights because we were just too tired.

You would be right on the rope drop! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter