Pixie Dust, Pineapples, & Plummits - a May 2011 TR - Updated 3/17/12

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by dtr_angel, May 30, 2011.

1. dtr_angel

dtr_angel You're really cute, but I have no idea what you ar

When we last left off, we had spent the evening at Epcot for extra magic hours, and made it back to AKL to turn in for the night.
    Day 3 (Saturday May 21) Part 1

We didn’t get in bed until after midnight, and the alarm was set for 6 am. Knowing our track record, where we going to make it to rope drop at Animal Kingdom? We got out of bed at 6:30 and started getting ready. At 7:15 we were up in the CL eating out breakfast, which is a morning ritual now. Fresh fruit, pastries, and yummy juice – we had about the same thing every morning. On this particular morning I had pineapple juice and DH had mango juice. We loved the variety of fresh fruit available. It was a great day to start a Disney day – you know, since we were probably eating about 5000 calories of yummy a day. The heat and all the walking cancels it out though, right? LOL. We were at the bus stop by 7:45. I was getting nervous. Where we going to make it? We only waited 3 minutes for a bus and were walking up to the AK gates right at 8:00! We didn’t actually see the rope drop per say, since we were in the back. But we were there waiting for them to open. WE DID IT!
    [​IMG]

We stopped and had our first picture at AK taken.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Baby Simba!

We didn’t exactly have a plan, but we knew what we wanted to do that day, does that make sense? We decided to head towards EE and get a FP. There was a 0 minute wait, so we hopped on and rode. We both had full bladders so we went and found a rest room after our ride, and then decided to ride again because it was still a walk on ride. Amazing! Getting up early pays off big time at Disney. I didn’t take a picture of either of our ride photos, neither one of us made any good faces it was just boring. We thought about pulling a FP for later, but decided against it so we could FP something else. We set off for Dinosaur next. We spotted a FP photographer with no wait – I was excited to have PP at AK with a new background!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don’t know why but I really like this ride. Since I know where the camera is there, I always try to make a good face but clearly DH and I both failed on that one.

[​IMG]

After making our way out of Dinoland (it seems like it was extra confusing for some reason) we headed over to see It’s Tough to Be a Bug! We’ve never done this before, so I didn’t realize you could get this close & personal with the tree of life – awesome!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here is us in our super cool bug glasses waiting for the show to start.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cute show. After the show was over, Kali River Rapids was finally going to be open. We headed over to the ride to grab a FP for later when we were hotter & more miserable than we already were. On the way, we spotted this guy and stopped to get our picture taken with him. It’s Flik!

[​IMG]

After our visit with Flik, I decided I was hungry. It was way too early for lunch though. I wanted a snack and sadly I had a very boring frozen lemonade that wasn’t even that great. DH grabbed a bottle of water. We took our drinks and headed for the super secret trail that Dee had told me about. It was SO cool to be that close to the tree of life. How have I been to AK this many times and not known that? Bad DISer!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After our walk through the trail, it was time we could go grab another fast pass, so we joined the masses and headed towards Africa. Is it just me, or does it seem like EVERYONE is in Africa at AK? We got fast passes for the safari. Then we headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey just to check out who was on the greeting trails. This trip we were not interested in long waits for characters, especially ones that we have seen in the past. (there was barely a wait for Flik and we had never seen him before). I never noticed these details the last time we were at Camp Minnie Mickey on our honeymoon.
    [​IMG]

Hughie, Louie, and Louie as my little brother used to call them
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The regulars were there in their safari gear. And Thumper & the brown female bunny. There was a short wait, so we hopped in their line since we had never seen Thumper before. How exciting!
    [​IMG]

Continued in next post….

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dtr_angel

Continued from previous post…

We decided to check out Dinoland to see who the character meet & greet was. There was a long line, but no character. We hung out for a few minutes to see who it would be. It was Pluto in a bandana. We didn’t wait to see him. It was time for the safari, so we headed back to Africa. On the way, we met a PP photographer that really look a liking to us and took a bunch of pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We had a really awesome female driver, but I don’t remember her name. This was our first safari that she actually stopped so we could see the animals and get good pictures. In the past, they never stopped or said they couldn’t. I think we got really good pictures. We took a bunch, but I’ll just share a few.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Extreme close ups by DH, LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can you spot the sleeping lion?

After the safari, we were definitely hungry. We had been throwing around some ideas all morning where we might eat – Flame Tree or Yak & Yeti CS seemed like the most likely. It was hot & we were so hungry, Tamu Tamu ended up winning because it was right there. And we had never eaten there before. I finally got the tuna I had been craving the day before at MK.

[​IMG]

I had the tuna pita with apples and a vanilla milkshake for my dessert. On the DP, you can have the milkshake as your drink and still have a dessert, but I definitely wanted water too. DH had the turkey sandwich with apples, bottled water, and the chocolate mousse for dessert. We both liked our meals and were pleasantly stuffed. We lucked out and got a table in the shade so we got to cool off while eating. Then it was time for our last attraction before leaving.

We headed over to Kali River Rapids. The standby wait time was 80 minutes. Good thing we had fast passes! Everyone coming off the ride was soaked, so it’s a good thing we had plans to leave the park soon. We were seated with 2 other couples on our raft. I was a little disappointed in the ride itself, it wasn’t really that exciting. There were only 1 or 2 drops, but they make sure that everyone gets soaked. I guess that’s the point though. It was fun and we were definitely cooled off. After the ride we made our way towards the exit. We stopped for some PP pictures even though we were soaked!

[​IMG]

Then we made our way to the AKL bus stop. We got on a bus at 12:45, but they were changing drivers so we didn’t get back to AKL until after 1. We decided to hit the CL lounge and grab some snacks. It was the same thing as the day before – we grabbed some gummy bears, yogurt covered pretzels and of course African smoothies!!! We thought about going swimming, but we were both tired so we decided we would just nap, and maybe hit the pool if we woke up in time before we showered and got ready for dinner. My blister that I got on the first day despite wearing tennis shoes was getting bigger and more bothersome. I took pictures of it, but I’ll spare you those, lol. We were napping by 2pm, with the alarm set for 4pm.

Up next – dinner at Kouzzina and evening at the MK!

4. PixieMama

PixieMama DIS Veteran

Great day @ AK! I'm still a little bummed that ITTBAB will be closed during our trip :( We'll just have to be sure to find the trail so we can get close to the Tree!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Kouzzina... I think we might be going there in September. I say "might" because my friend likes to change ADRs whenever she gets a whim to do so... I think our ADRs have been changed 3 times so far, LOL!

5. NYDIS

NYDIS Earning My Ears

Great trip report so far and I think your pictures are adorable. Love the baby Simba photo. I love AKL, its very relaxing after long days at the parks plus BOMA is my favorite restaurant and an ADR there every year is a must! Looking forward to reading more.

6. heaven2dc

heaven2dc DIS Veteran

I would love to eat at Biergarten some time (my mother's side of the family is German but I'm not much of a fan of German food since I grew up eating so much of it :lmao:). The atmosphere looks like fun!

We watched Illuminations in Dec 2008 at almost the exact same spot you were at (we were to the right of that post). It was awesome watching it from there and loud! It was my youngest two sons' first visit and first day of our trip and all they kept saying was wow!! At the end of the evening, my DS18 kept saying he couldn't believe that Epcot was only one part of WDW. They had an awesome time (except they didn't like MK - only stayed long enough to ride the Mountains and I made them stay to watch the Castle being lit up. Oh well....at least I have grandkids who will enjoy MK when I can take them hopefully in the near future. Funniest thing about our trip was on our last night they discovered the Community Hall at BWV and played ping pong for hours and I almost think that was the highlight of their trip! My DS28 who lives in CA had joined us on this trip and it was fun watching the three brothers have a blast.

Loved your pics at AK! You are both so photogenic and are a beautiful couple :love: Sounds like you are having a great trip!

7. dtr_angel

You'll read it soon enough, but I do recommend Kouzzina - our service could've been a little better though. But the food was great and the restaurant was cool, plus it's on the Boardwalk which I love. I have a habit of changing ADRs too. On our past trip, it was just swapping days & times around to fit our plans better. The only restaurant we dropped was Tony's because it had so many negative reviews, but now I wish we would've given it a chance (there will be more trips!). We swapped it for Grand Floridian Cafe which we loved, so it was still win win for us.

The trail was awesome, I didn't realize you could be so close to the tree.

Thank you so much, that made my day. We loved Boma, I hope we'll make it there on future trips even if we don't stay at AKL. Our goal is to stay at the different resorts, so who knows where we will end up next!

I have German in both sides of my family, as well as my DH's. I wish we would've tried it sooner! I guess I'm not a sausage or sauerkraut girl, maybe thats why I wasn't interested before? I don't know but I'm glad I changed my mind.

It did end up being a good spot to watch the show, I'll have to remember that for future trips. That is so awesome that you had such an awesome family trip, although I couldn't imagine not liking the MK. Hopefully your grandkids will though :)

8. dtr_angel

The alarm was set for 4 pm, we got up at 4:30 to start getting ready for the 2nd part of our day. DH got out of bed before me and sat out on the balcony. This guy was the only animal outside.

[​IMG]

We both got showers and prettied up for dinner. Mousekeeping came for turn down but DH told them no, and she gave him a bunch of chocolates anyway, lol. He was excited about it for some reason. After we were ready, we ran up to CL to grab a snack to hold us over until dinner. Yes, we took advantage of our upgrade – CL was awesome. I apparently didn’t note what we ate, or take any pictures – sorry. It was probably pita chips & hummus or dip – that is what seemed to be out at this time of night. DH had Tusker which was an African beer that he really enjoyed.

By 5:45 we were leaving our hotel room to take a bus to AK. Luckily there was a bus unloading and we got right on. After we got to AK, we had to wait a few minutes for a bus. We caught the one that was going to Yacht & Beach, BWI, Swan & Dolphin. We asked the driver which stop we should get off of for Kouzzina, but he had never heard of it surprisingly. There were some people behind us that were nice enough to tell us where it was and how to get there so we chatted to them on our way. They were from NJ and we had a nice chat about Disney dining, of course! We got off at the last stop which was BWI. It was nice seeing the Swan & Dolphin up close. I absolutely love the boardwalk, my dream resort is Yacht or Beach. I’m hoping we are able to stay there on our next trip. The BWI is also very nice, but the clown pool creeps me out. We had a little trouble winding through BWI to get to the boardwalk but found our way. We stopped at the map to see which way to go for Kouzzina, and some guys told us where it was. We were early for our ADR so we weren’t sure how long we were going to have to wait. We looked in the shop next to Kouzzina, I honestly don’t know what it was – it wasn’t the boardwalk bakery, but they had goodies & candy. Before we knew it, our buzzer was going off. We were pretty much seated right away! Our table was right next to the door. Our waitress was nice, her name was Christina. But I felt like she was always away for too long and ignored us. But that could just be me, I feel like because we look so young we are ignored a lot. Don’t get me wrong, she was nice – but our table wasn’t out of the way and I felt like she was being more attentive to her other tables. We ordered our drinks – we both got the MegaBerry Smoothie and water. I’m a sucker for anything that is a good source of omega 3’s!

[​IMG]

It was really good. A while later we got bread & oil. Oh my goodness it was SO good, but maybe we were just hungry. I was also going crazy for carbs in Disney, since I was putting myself on a low carb diet when we got home LOL. It definitely hit the spot, I love bread.

[​IMG]

Later our meals came out. I got the cinnamon chicken, which I was nervous about.

[​IMG]

DH ordered the trio. I would’ve ordered that, if it wasn’t for the burger & the meat in the lasagna LOL. I don’t eat red meat anymore so there were no yummy steaks for me at Disney (don’t worry, there was for DH!)

[​IMG]

Oh my goodness, that cinnamon chicken was AMAZING! I ate every bite. I still think about it sometimes lol. DH loved all 3 dishes on the trio and finished everything as well. And just when we thought we couldn’t eat anymore they brought out the dessert menus LOL. We both ordered the chocolate budino cakes (and a side of antihistamines lol) which is chocolate lava cake and ice cream. Since it was our anniversary she made an announcement that we were celebrating, and brought our desserts out with candles in them. I was definitely not expecting that since I had felt so ignored. She gets a bonus point, haha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After dinner we made our way out onto the boardwalk, enjoying the sights and sounds. Have I mentioned how much I love the boardwalk? We both agreed that my parents would love it so I hope we are able to get our trip with them in 2013, and if we do – I hope we can stay at the Yacht or Beach Club Resort. We walked back through BWI to the bus stop to catch a bus to MK. We sat down next to a really nice woman who we talked to for a while and asked us about our day. She had just came back from MK and was on her way to DTD. She told us that space mountain was closed – bummer. I’m not entirely sure how long we waited sine we were busy chatting. We got on the bus and sat in the front, across from some older women (like great grandmas lol) and got to talking about how it was 5/21 and the world hadn’t ended. I had almost forgotten about that. Our pastor the Sunday before had done an entire sermon on how Harold Camping manipulated bible verses to make his “prediction” look true. I can’t believe people have believed him… twice. His next prediction says October of this year. I don’t know how he is going to get anyone to believe him when that falls through too. But anyway…. Once we got to MK our plan was to book it to BTMRR to get a FP. The first parade was getting ready to start so it was nearly impossible to do this. We cut through the Emporium to save time, but people kept getting in our way LOL. Then we were met by more crowds outside of Casey’s. We were trying to cut through Liberty Square to get to Frontierland. It didn’t work out too well. We ended up seeing a line for a meet and greet with Princess Tiana so we decided to get in line. Not long after us they closed the line off. It was 850pm and they told us she would be back at 9. We waited a loooooong time to see them. There was a family in front of us from Ohio so we talked to them for a while. They were actually on their way out of the park to start their drive home, and their DD spotted Tiana and wanted to get in line. I hate waiting a long time, and so does DH but we were both patient. They ended up being SO worth the wait. The prince was absolutely hilarious. Prince Naveen asked my husband his name, and then DH asked him his… then DH said wait, I should know that but sorry, haven’t seen your movie dude LOL. When the PP started to take our first picture, he told us to say ribbit since they are both frogs. After 1…2…and part of 3 he starts shouting “SNOW WHITE….. SNOW WHITE…..” (the parade was passing) and then I think he told her to call him. We both were laughing SO hard it was hilarious. My DH asked him if Snow White was pretty and he said yes, but she was no “Minnie the Mouse” I can’t remember exactly what else we talked about, but he was funny. Tiana was a good one, she looked just like her and was very pretty. She didn’t say much though. She called me “suga” haha. When Prince Naveen was yelling for Snow White, I asked her how that made her feel and she just laughed. I have to stop using therapeutic communication all the time LOL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So finally after waiting we were on our way to check out the space mountain situation – it was closed. We stopped at Auntie Gravity’s and split a smoothie – we had the tropical and it was really good. Then we headed over to BTMRR. Standby was 20 minutes, but DH didn’t want to wait so we grabbed a FP for 10:40-11:40. I stopped and talked to my dad for a minute on the phone, and then we headed to Adventureland and walked right on. We then went to get in line for HM to kill some time before we could ride BTMRR. HM is usually a walk on. For some reason the lines were NOT moving, and it said a 10 minute wait but it definitely didn’t look like that. To make matters better, someone had thrown up in line and they had to close off one side. After waiting a few minutes and realizing this wasn’t going to be a walk on, we decided to climb out of line. Of course after I get back I find out that it had been re-vamped since our last visit and we probably should of rode it. Oh well. Then it was time to use our FP for BTMRR. The standby still said it was only a 20 minute wait, but the line was so long that It couldn’t have been right. After we rode, we decided to head back to Tomorrowland and get a cream cheese stuffed pretzel. The Lunching Pad was closed so I didn’t get one. We were tired so it was time to make our way to the exit. We only waited about 5 minutes for a bus, and were on our way by 11:25pm. By midnight we were back at Jambo House and getting ready for bed. We had a busy day ahead – it would be our first visit to a Disney water park! We had a bunch of photopass pictures taken with various views of the castle in the background, but I’m not a fan of them. Why didn’t anyone tell me those shorts were that short and tight? LOL. Here’s one I do like though, or at least it’s not too bad.

[​IMG]

Up next – a Sunday super scorcher at Blizzard Beach!

9. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

:laughing: Therapeutic Communication. I took that class this past winter, I hated it! Nothing like having to record yourself and a friend acting out scenarios using "therapeutic communication" and getting marked on how genuine you are. :rolleyes:

Prince Naveen sounds hilarious!

10. dtr_angel

LOL. We totally had to do that in 1st semester psych with the recorders. There was definitely lots of laughter. I got sick of learning about therapeutic communication, but crazy how it creeps up when you least expect it haha. He was so funny. I'm so bummed we didn't get to meet Rapunzel & Flynn Rider - I bet he was funny too.

11. kmaria

kmaria Mouseketeer

Great updates! I'm finally all caught up. I must say I LOVE the green shirt that you wore on the Epcot day, & the fact that you both wore green and matched haha. And major props for eating so healthy (never mind the chocolate dome and milk shake) at Disney World. Seriously. I struggle to do that on a daily basis at home and on vacation there is no way I will be getting healthy apple slices on my honeymoon... unless they are covered in caramel. :) I should try to adopt those habits...

12. mtgirl29

mtgirl29 Mouseketeer

It has been crazy this summer and I am having a hard time keep up with everyone's TR.
    I loved the pics of all the animals on the safari in AK. It looks like you guys got up close and personal. :thumbsup2 Your food pics are great, as always. I was wondering how the new restaurant by Cat Cora was and it looks great. The food looked delish!
    Cannot wait to read more! popcorn::

13. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

I missed your updates while I was away!!! ACK!!!

Good for you for getting up early and making rope drop. Those first two hours in the parks make all the difference!

Glad you found and enjoyed the secret trail. Isn't it tranquil???

You have some incredible photopass pictures- I love that new fern-y background.

I'm glad you tried Tamu-Tamu, too. The food is yummy and the seating is pleasant, even though it is outside.

Do you bring along moleskin when you travel. You can put it onto blisters when they start to form and it really helps.

I am so jealous of your meal at Kouzzina. I so want to eat there! Greek food is my favorite! The cinnamon chicken sounds wonderful. There is a recipe for it kicking around the DIS. I may need to find it and make it!

The picture of the two of you with the desserts at the table is amazing! What a great shot of you two!

Thanks for the description of your Princess and the Frog interaction. Sounds like a blast! I bet they love the change of pace of interacting with adults once and awhile.

It is great to hear that your dream resort is Yacht & Beach. :love: Let me know if you ever need any info, or better still, join our thread- what a friendly caring group of people!

14. dtr_angel

I promise I will update soon.... so much has happened in our personal life and I've let it all get to me so I'm really sorry for that. Right now I am in the middle of crazy side effects on my 2nd month of fertility drugs and I'm so cranky I can't even stand to be around myself haha. I work 2nd shift the next 2 nights but hopefully Tuesday I'll have an update ready! Thanks for those of you still sticking it out with me. I really hope to finish my TR before I start school on the 22nd. Then I can start my PTR for my January 2013 trip! :cool1: (Dee we are hoping for Yacht or Beach for that trip!)

15. dtr_angel

We last left on Day 3 with a yummy dinner at Kouzzina on the Boardwalk, and an evening at the Magic Kingdom.
    Sunday 5/22/11
    The alarm was set at 8am, and surprisingly I was up at 8:05 so I only snoozed once. This is impressive for me. By 830 we headed up to CL to grab some breakfast which I don’t have any pictures of. We had about the same thing every morning – a ton of yummy fresh fruit & pastries, DH had his coffee fix and I had some pineapple juice. I definitely overdosed on pineapple at Disney! After breakfast on the CL it was back to our room to get ready for our day. We were at the bus stop by 9:45 and only waited for a few minutes for a bus. What was our destination?
    [​IMG]
    Blizzard Beach! We were super excited since this would be our first visit to a Disney water park. I LOVE water parks. Since today was predicted to be the hottest day of our trip at 96 degrees it was the perfect day for it.
    At exactly 10 am we were at Blizzard Beach which is when they open. There was a long line at the ticket counter, so we headed over to a kiosk since we just needed one day passes. We didn’t bring a credit card, just our KTTW card that had charging privileges so we weren’t sure we were going to be able to use it to buy tickets from the kiosk to save time. DH tried to find a CM to answer the question, and I hopped in line to start waiting in case we had to get our tickets there. After waiting a few minutes DH was able to find someone who said it would work so I hopped out of line and we bought our 1 day passes. After we went through the turn stiles (is that what they are called?) we were finally there – it was so exciting!!! We stopped in the Beach Haus to rent a locker. It was $13 for a small locker - $8 for the rental, and $5 for the deposit. Then we headed over to the lockers to put our bag in there. We put sunscreen on before we left the hotel room so we were pretty much ready to go. DH wore a pair of trunks that had cargo pockets so we stuck our disposable water proof camera and locker key in there. We weren’t sure what to do about sunglasses or our flip flops. It was really sunny so the sunglasses helped, and the ground was hot so we felt like we needed the flip flops. We decided to take both and see how it went. We got in line for the chair life to head to Mt. Gushmore. DH wanted to go down Summit Plummit so I told him we should do that first because later in the day the wait would probably take longer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Once we got on Mt Gushmore I realized the only way down was on Summit Plummit, the Slush Gusher, or teamboat springs. Since we obviously didn’t think this thing out we decided to head onto teamboat springs first. That was probably my favorite ride! We had to wait since there were only 2 of us but luckily it didn’t take long. I believe the wait time said either 15 or 20 minutes but it was easily a walk on at that point. After that we headed back to the locker to drop off our flip flops and sunglasses. The wait for the chair lift was long so we just decided it would be easier to walk up Mt. Gushmore since we spotted some steps while on the chair lift. What a workout! But it was much quicker. Even though I had no intentions of going down Summit Plummit AT ALL somehow I changed my mind and told DH if we didn’t do it now, I was going to talk myself out of it. The wait was about 30 minutes, maybe less. It seemed like forever.
    [​IMG]
    Those steps were so far up – you could see the top of just about everything in Disney which was cool but didn’t help me haha. What also didn’t help was that right behind us in line was a teenage girl and guy. The girl was obviously scared and the guy kept saying things like you are going to fall off and die – you know annoying things like that. I made DH go first to make sure he lived to tell the story before I took the plunge. I tried not to look down at the slide from the top. As I sat in the water, the CM working told me to move closer and I was like “I don’t want to!” I honestly don’t remember if I crossed my arms and legs or not. My heart is racing right now just thinking about it! I definitely screamed all the way down. All I can remember feeling was a) the worst wedgie I had ever had in my entire life and b) pain. It actually hurt my back going down the slide. So I finally stopped and when I got up I definitely had the worst wedgie of my life – oh my goodness! That was not fun trying to graceful fix that while a bunch of people mostly little boys are standing around! I didn’t know until after we were home that somewhere it shows you how fast you were going – darn. I waited for the girl behind us to go down since I knew she was scared too to make sure she made it okay. She said the same thing as me – it hurt her back. Maybe it was because we were tiny? I don’t know. DH didn’t have any problems. I was glad I had the guts to do it, but I definitely didn’t want to do it again LOL. We decided to walk back up Mt. Gushmore and do the Slush Gusher and finish out the green slope before moving on to another area of the park. Here is the view from the top of the Slush Gusher (DH wishes he would’ve gotten a picture of me at the top of Summit Plummit or going down it since most people wouldn’t believe that I did it)
    [​IMG]
    The slush gusher was a similar experience for me to the Summit Plummit slide… it wasn’t a straight drop, it had bumps. I did have time to remember to cross my arms and feet this time for sure. It definitely hurt my back and I definitely had a terrible wedgie again. I definitely got air on that last bump and flew which again was painful. They were both fun though, I just only needed to go down once!
    After that we decided to go over to the donut shack and get some mini donuts for a snack. The little hut was just opening so we had to wait a few minutes for him to finish making them. We just got plain donuts, it was $3.69 for a half dozen and we shared a bottled water. We had barely used any snack credits by this point so I was bummed that we couldn’t use the DDP snack credits. The donuts were so hot & fresh! Some pixie dust – there were 7 in there! I could totally go for some of them right now, they were so warm & gooey!
    [​IMG]
    After our snack we decided to climb up Mt. Gushmore one more time to go down Teamboat Springs since I liked it so much. I think the wait was posted at 30 minutes but it moved pretty fast and was maybe 10. We had to wait to join another party since there was only 2 of us.

After that slide we were officially done with the green slope and headed over to the purple slope. We went for the downhill double dipper first. The wait said 30 minutes but I feel like we definitely waited longer than that and I was getting SO impatient! There was a recording that kept coming on that repeated itself. There are 17 seconds in between announcements LOL. It seemed like waiting for a tube to come up is what was backing everything up.
    [​IMG]
    Then after getting the tube, there was still more waiting to do. DH and I went down at the same time and raced. I won, but I don’t remember by how much. It was fun but the wait was too long and annoying. Then we decided to stay on the purple slope so we headed up to the Snow Stormers…which was honestly organized chaos at best. You go down head first on a purple mat. It was a long slide. The whole time I kept thinking “I am going head first into a body of water” LOL. After that we decided against the toboggan racers. It’s an 8 lane toboggan slide, similar to the Snow Stormers. Then it was over to the red slope to go down the run off rapids. There are 3 slides either opened or closed. You pick up your tube at the bottom – either a single or a double and carry it up a long set of steep steps. There was practically no wait here and we figured it was because it scared off the lazy people LOL. First we went down the open slide on a double raft together. Then we got single tubes and went down the open/closed slide separately. It was a lot of fun. Then we headed on the lazy river for a while.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I absolutely love lazy rivers! It was however hard not to get separated. I always ended up ahead of DH lol. I think we made it all the way around the park at least once. We had looked at a map before getting on the lazy river to see which “exit” we should take to go to the Lottawalla Lodge for lunch. We had checked out the menus and the Lottawalla Lodge seemed to have the best variety. It was 2pm when we got off the lazy river for lunch. Since we paid $100 for tickets for the day, we decided to stay until they closed at 5 to get the most for our money.
    [​IMG]
    We waited around 10 minutes to order our food. I like that the kids meals come in a bucket, that is so cute! I didn’t want anything too heavy since we were swimming so I got the chicken wrap with apples, a bottled water and chocolate cake for dessert. DH got the pepperoni pizza, bottled water and a giant chocolate chip cookie. There were a good many tables open, but none of them in the shade or with an umbrella. We finally found a table with an umbrella after waiting a few minutes. We took our time enjoying our meal, and then headed back to the lazy river for a while. I think we circled the park twice before getting out. Once again we headed up Mt. Gushmore and went down teamboat springs. I really liked that slide! We had pretty much done everything in the park by lunch time. The only area we didn’t do was the Ski Patrol training camp (for pre teens) and Tikes Peak which was for kids. It looked like fun though! I really wanted to go across that zip line. I can’t wait until we have kids so we can play in those areas LOL. Although I told DH, the water park would probably be better for when our kids were older and able to go down slides. If we had to stay at the kid area all day, we’d be better off saving our money and just using the resort pool. After our last trip down teamboat springs, we headed to the wave pool to finish out our day. I love wave pools too! When I was younger we used to go to Busch Gardens/Water Country USA in Williamsburg, VA. I loved the time we spent at Water Country on all the slides and in the giant wave pool. DH and I were able to secure 2 intertubes eventually and had fun floating on the waves. Here are a few pictures from the wave pool (aka Meltaway Bay)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At about 4:45 we decided to make our way out of Meltaway Bay and say goodbye (actually c-ya later) to Blizzard Beach and beat some of the crowd waiting for the park to close at 5. We grabbed our stuff out of our locker and turned in our key to get our deposit back. A bus showed up right away and took us back to AKL. We headed up to CL to grab some snacks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    DH loved that Tusker beer.
    This guy was outside our window
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We were beat from being in the hot sun all day, so at 530 we decided to lay down for an hour and rest. We had an 8pm ADR at the Grand Floridian Café and the Magic Kingdom was open until 3 am!

16. dtr_angel

Thank you! I've gotten lucky and been able to pick up a lot of Disney tees for DH & I super cheap. I believe that one came from Sears, I know I paid less than $5 for it! I'm not going to lie, I did coordinate DH & I's outfits every day we were at Disney LOL. I wouldn't say we ate super healthy in Disney but I tried to avoid the fries and get apples at the CS restaurants. I have been sans gall bladder for almost 3 years so greasy fried food can really get to me sometimes if I am not careful. I didn't want to feel sick & miserable at Disney! I guess you get used to making healthier choices when you have been doing it for a while, but for me it's more about not feeling sick LOL.

I know what you mean! I thought I would have all kind of time to keep reading the Dis every day and updating my TR but obviously that isn't going so well for me. I am so behind on all my TR! I definitely recommend Kouzzina, the food was amazing!!!

We definitely like the morning EMH. Those first 2 hours do make all the difference! Yes, thanks for the tip - we really liked the trail. I was also glad they added some new backgrounds to the photopass pictures. We did really like Tamu Tamu and I think we will eat there again. I like being able to get a milkshake it really hit the spot in the heat! I have used moleskin before and I should've brought some with me as this happened on our honeymoon. You should definitely convince your family to try Kouzzina on your next trip - especially since it is right on the boardwalk, that is so convenient to your favorite resort! I need to try to find that recipe that chicken was so good. I am definitely dreaming of staying at the Yacht & Beach on our next trip, I hope we can make it happen. I will be joining the thread when it gets closer and I'm sure I'll be hitting you up for advice!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip, I'm so far behind!!

17. Lifelong_Dreamer

Lifelong_Dreamer DIS Veteran

Wow, you are brave, I would never have the guts to go on Summit Plummet, because of the drop and the wedgie! :laughing:

18. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

I haven't been on Summit Plummet in quite a few years. The memory of the giant wedgie still lingers......:rotfl2:

19. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

As promised- I found the recipe for the Cinnamon Stewed Chicken. I haven't made it yet, but when I do, I will report back!

http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWDining/disney-recipes-detail.aspx?RecipeID=292

20. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

What a fantastic day you had a Blizzard Beach!

Good for you for braving Summit Plummet /\ \/ !!! I don't like body slides, for the reasons you indicated. Major wedgies, back pain and I don't like the water gushing in my face.

Love the tube slides though and I agree with you- Teamboat Springs family ride is AWESOME!!!

Haven't tried the donuts either, but I hear they are divine!

Were there many photopass photographers out and about?

Nice that you could head back for a quick concierge snack when you were done.

21. natebenma

natebenma DIS Veteran

Oh, and I had major guilt that you stopped by my report and I didn't have the chapter links up yet!

:guilty:

I added those this morning.