Pixie Dust, Pineapples, & Plummits - a May 2011 TR - Updated 3/17/12

A friend of mine just returned from their WDW trip last month... they decided to try the water parks for the 1st time. Her DH said Summit Plummit was like getting a wedgie and an enema at the same time! :lmao:

Sounds like a great day. I haven't been to a water park since I was a kid... same for my DH. And our kids have never been to one. Maybe we'll have to add the water park option next time we go!

Great shots! I looooove lazy rivers!! I can't wait to float around in that one.

& You are very brave for taking on the slides. I am brave enough for the shallowest part of the wave pool and the lazy river and that's about it for the water parks haha... I am looking forward to going on some of the "tamer" water rides though. I've never been on them before, not even Kali River Rapids in AK.

And to respond to your response from my last comment, I understand the gallbladder situation! My fiance's mom had hers out and had a really hard time for a few years. I'm sorry you have to go through that! That is a great deal on the shirts too, I'm going to have to check out sears every now and then! I sometimes find some cute seasonal Disney shirts at Target, and they can be really cheap once they banish them to the clearance racks too. Love a bargain! I'm sure I will make my fiance match me at least a few days in disney too :thumbsup2

Wow, you are brave, I would never have the guts to go on Summit Plummet, because of the drop and the wedgie! :laughing:
I still can't believe that I did it sometimes!

I haven't been on Summit Plummet in quite a few years. The memory of the giant wedgie still lingers......:rotfl2:
Funny how talk of the worst wedgie EVER isn't all over the Dis. I don't know if I would've done it had I known that LOL.

As promised- I found the recipe for the Cinnamon Stewed Chicken. I haven't made it yet, but when I do, I will report back!

http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWDining/disney-recipes-detail.aspx?RecipeID=292
Ooh thanks!!! I'll have to surprise DH and make it one night - maybe for his birthday this month. If I do make it I'll let you know how it turns out!

What a fantastic day you had a Blizzard Beach!

Good for you for braving Summit Plummet /\ \/ !!! I don't like body slides, for the reasons you indicated. Major wedgies, back pain and I don't like the water gushing in my face.

Love the tube slides though and I agree with you- Teamboat Springs family ride is AWESOME!!!

Haven't tried the donuts either, but I hear they are divine!

Were there many photopass photographers out and about?

Nice that you could head back for a quick concierge snack when you were done.
I think the selling point for me was that it didn't end in a deep pool of water. I don't know why but I don't like that after a body slide. I'm not entirely sure I'd ever do it again but hey, I did it once! I do love tube slides, I wish there were more of them. We'll have to check out Typhoon Lagoon because I think they have more than one there. The donuts were top notch, I recommend them. It's sad you can only get them at the water parks! We didn't see any photopass photographers at Blizzard Beach at all unfortunately. I was hoping to find at least one! We saw Goofy in his scuba gear but even he didn't have a photo pass photographer with him. The CL was definitely nice to come home to. When we were there I kept saying how I would never pay that much extra for those snacks (breakfast is really the only meal you can make out of the food at CL) and for the little snacks & drinks we got, I honestly don't think it's worth it. But now that I'm thinking about it... it was really nice so I think it may have spoiled us (just like when we accidentally decided to stay at WL now we might be deluxe snobs!) so I don't know. I don't think DH would go for it. If we did it, I'd probably not do the DP and plan to spend more time around the resort. I think the CL at AKL looks like it was one of the nicer ones. Oh and African Smoothie :love:

Oh, and I had major guilt that you stopped by my report and I didn't have the chapter links up yet!

:guilty:

I added those this morning.
no problem!! I plan to fully catch up this weekend.

A friend of mine just returned from their WDW trip last month... they decided to try the water parks for the 1st time. Her DH said Summit Plummit was like getting a wedgie and an enema at the same time! :lmao:

Sounds like a great day. I haven't been to a water park since I was a kid... same for my DH. And our kids have never been to one. Maybe we'll have to add the water park option next time we go!

Haha wedgie & enema - I can definitely see that! I'm glad we finally took the time to go to a water park, it was really nice especially this time of year. It would be a nice treat for the kids too!

Great shots! I looooove lazy rivers!! I can't wait to float around in that one.

& You are very brave for taking on the slides. I am brave enough for the shallowest part of the wave pool and the lazy river and that's about it for the water parks haha... I am looking forward to going on some of the "tamer" water rides though. I've never been on them before, not even Kali River Rapids in AK.

And to respond to your response from my last comment, I understand the gallbladder situation! My fiance's mom had hers out and had a really hard time for a few years. I'm sorry you have to go through that! That is a great deal on the shirts too, I'm going to have to check out sears every now and then! I sometimes find some cute seasonal Disney shirts at Target, and they can be really cheap once they banish them to the clearance racks too. Love a bargain! I'm sure I will make my fiance match me at least a few days in disney too :thumbsup2

I love lazy rivers too. I still can't believe I went down Summit Plummit LOL. This trip was actually the first time we went on Kali River Rapids at AK. It was definitely a trip of firsts for us even though it was our 4th trip together. I'm a good bargain shopper so I always pick up Disney shirts for DH & I when I can find them for a good deal. It's harder to find shirts for DH, his came from clearance sales on the Disney store online and one or two of them we got at Walmart for less than $10. It's easier to find shirts for me (and kids if I needed them - I can't wait!) I'm not a fan of Hot Topic normally, but when they run good clearance sales online I buy some of them from there. Walmart has also been carrying a lot of juniors Disney tees for $5 or $6.

Great updates!!! Love the sampler pics of the dessert!! Those are my weakness!! LOL Glad you had fun at the water park, sounds like the trip has gotten better, since the check in snafu!!

Mmmmm, your dinner and desserts looks yummy! I've never been inside the GF... I bet it's gorgeous. I'd love to see that resort all decked out for Christmas!

You had a great view for MSEP... and I love your Mickey tee!

You had a nice busy eventful day! Looks like a fantastically prepared meal at GF- I am all about sampling as much as possible, so I would have loved that dessert too.

It looks like you had some excellent positions to watch the shows at MK. I like the pictures you shared of the parade. We never stick around and watch the parades, so I always appreciate seeing photos.

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the next day.

Great updates!!! Love the sampler pics of the dessert!! Those are my weakness!! LOL Glad you had fun at the water park, sounds like the trip has gotten better, since the check in snafu!!

dessert is my weakness too! I think the check in snafu was forgotten by this point thank goodness.

Mmmmm, your dinner and desserts looks yummy! I've never been inside the GF... I bet it's gorgeous. I'd love to see that resort all decked out for Christmas!

You had a great view for MSEP... and I love your Mickey tee!

It was really good. I love the GF. We had been in there twice before - once for a photo session on our honeymoon, and once to eat breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Going inside that hotel is dangerous, it will make you want to stay there it is SO gorgeous. It makes me feel like a princess. I would love to see anything at Disney dressed up for Christmas, I've never been in the winter.

You had a nice busy eventful day! Looks like a fantastically prepared meal at GF- I am all about sampling as much as possible, so I would have loved that dessert too.

It looks like you had some excellent positions to watch the shows at MK. I like the pictures you shared of the parade. We never stick around and watch the parades, so I always appreciate seeing photos.

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the next day.

I wish more restaurants had samplers - like the entree sampler at Kouzzina and the dessert sampler at Grand Floridian Cafe. When you are only eating there once or twice ever, it would be nice to try more than one thing! The only other place I can think of that had a sampler was our dinner at Akershus in Norway. That is how I got hooked on school bread! Maybe we had a sampler somewhere else but that is the only one I can think of.

That is my favorite spot to watch the parades from at night at the MK but its not always easy to get a spot there. I can definitely appreciate your park touring strategy now (it's only taken 4 trips hah) of getting there super early and hitting the hay early at night to rest up for the next day.

Your trip report is probably the closest to CL at AKL (or any Deluxe, for that matter) I'll ever get, so I am loving all the pics of the food!

I'll get a chance to go to Downtown Disney during my trip next month... have never been there before! I've heard good things about EofS, and your sandwiches look yummy! Bummer about the cupcakes, though.

Your trip report is probably the closest to CL at AKL (or any Deluxe, for that matter) I'll ever get, so I am loving all the pics of the food!

I'll get a chance to go to Downtown Disney during my trip next month... have never been there before! I've heard good things about EofS, and your sandwiches look yummy! Bummer about the cupcakes, though.

I'm fairly positive that this past trip was the only time we'll ever be CL so we took advantage of it.

I highly recommend EoS at DD - we didn't know about it our first trip but it has been a must do for CS ever since we discovered it. I try to get something different every time but this time I couldn't remember what I had before LOL. On the DP you can get anything under $2 for your dessert so it could be chips, or a dessert - I would rather have fruit or one of the yummy looking parfaits but they didn't count.

Bummer about the service at MM. But that was a good idea, taking your desserts to go and then eating them while you wait for F! to start.

Love your Sorcerer Mickey tank!

Mmmm- the beignets looked yummy!

Earl of Sandwich- OK, Boston is getting an Earl of Sandwich. But it is kind of a good news/bad news story. The location of the restaurant is a former men's restroom in the Public Gardens. Seriously!!! :scared1:

I love the Photo Pass pictures as you are entering HS! The coordinated shirts and sunglasses- you guys look really cute!

Sorry the meal at Mama Melrose was not better, or quicker. Never thought to order frozen cappucinos as a drink. Brilliant! We had one meal at MM- a Fantasmic package in 2009. We enjoyed our meal, but dinner was like 3:40 or something like that. What a good idea to save your desserts for the Fantasmic wait.

I thought you had scored great seats for Fantasmic. I didn't know there was a splash zone!

So, I did make the Cinnamon Stewed Chicken a few nights ago. It was pretty easy and tasty, although I'm sure not as good as it was at Kouzzina.

I took a picture while it was cooking. I wish I had taken a picture when it was plated with orzo and sauteed zucchini (from my garden), but my husband thinks am weird enough taking pictures of food at restaurants.

I think taking pictures of our dinner would send him over the edge.

But I took this before he go home from work! :rotfl:

IMG_6995.jpg

Here's a repost of the recipe link: http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWDining/disney-recipes-detail.aspx?RecipeID=292

Your day at BB sounds very relaxing. I can't believe you made it almost to closing.

We had the same exact experience at MM. I thought someone was going to ask us if we seated ourselves b/c it took quite some time before we saw our waitress although our section wasn't too busy and once we met her we saw that she had been around a few times. We have always waited at least 30 minutes too in that tiny lobby area. I doubt we will go back any time soon.

I love the matching shirts at DHS. How cute:goodvibes

Enjoyed your update, but I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering with headaches. I hope you feel better soon!

Not quite rope drop, but not bad. You still beat out the offsite guests.

I LOVE your pictures from Finding Nemo. We haven't been in a few years.

I agree on the frozen bananas. They sound and look much better than they actually are. Mickey bars are always a good call!

Sounds like a fun morning so far, and finding a place to eat is a good problem to have at EPCOT! Hmm, where to go??? My favorite is Tangierine Cafe, but I don't think that is where you go. Let's guess one of the newer places, Via Napoli or the Hacienda in Mexico.

Bummer about the service at MM. But that was a good idea, taking your desserts to go and then eating them while you wait for F! to start.

Love your Sorcerer Mickey tank!
Saving the desserts ending up being areally good idea. Thanks - I made it myself, it's an iron on transfer. I had an Epcot one too :)

Mmmm- the beignets looked yummy!

Earl of Sandwich- OK, Boston is getting an Earl of Sandwich. But it is kind of a good news/bad news story. The location of the restaurant is a former men's restroom in the Public Gardens. Seriously!!! :scared1:

I love the Photo Pass pictures as you are entering HS! The coordinated shirts and sunglasses- you guys look really cute!

Sorry the meal at Mama Melrose was not better, or quicker. Never thought to order frozen cappucinos as a drink. Brilliant! We had one meal at MM- a Fantasmic package in 2009. We enjoyed our meal, but dinner was like 3:40 or something like that. What a good idea to save your desserts for the Fantasmic wait.

I thought you had scored great seats for Fantasmic. I didn't know there was a splash zone!

The beignets were amazing. It definitely made use want to stay at POFQ so we could have them every day! I remember you telling me about that EoS in Boston. Eww, can't say I'd be racing to eat there LOL. Yeah I'm weird, I coordinate our outfits. We hardly ever get pictures taken together except on a Disney vacation though! I don't know that we'll be in a hurry to go back to Mama Melrose, but I wouldn't say never. There is just a lack of good TS in HS. Beware of the splash zone... I think I am over the whole F! thing lol.

So, I did make the Cinnamon Stewed Chicken a few nights ago. It was pretty easy and tasty, although I'm sure not as good as it was at Kouzzina.

I took a picture while it was cooking. I wish I had taken a picture when it was plated with orzo and sauteed zucchini (from my garden), but my husband thinks am weird enough taking pictures of food at restaurants.

I think taking pictures of our dinner would send him over the edge.

But I took this before he go home from work! :rotfl:

IMG_6995.jpg

Here's a repost of the recipe link: http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWDining/disney-recipes-detail.aspx?RecipeID=292

mmmm that looks so good! Thanks for the picture in the recipe, I definitely want to make it sometime.

Your day at BB sounds very relaxing. I can't believe you made it almost to closing.

We had the same exact experience at MM. I thought someone was going to ask us if we seated ourselves b/c it took quite some time before we saw our waitress although our section wasn't too busy and once we met her we saw that she had been around a few times. We have always waited at least 30 minutes too in that tiny lobby area. I doubt we will go back any time soon.

I love the matching shirts at DHS. How cute:goodvibes
I can't believe it either! We barely make it at a park until after lunch LOL. Mama Melrose would've been so much better if the service didn't suck. Thanks! I coordinated most of our outfits LOL.

Enjoyed your update, but I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering with headaches. I hope you feel better soon!

Not quite rope drop, but not bad. You still beat out the offsite guests.

I LOVE your pictures from Finding Nemo. We haven't been in a few years.

I agree on the frozen bananas. They sound and look much better than they actually are. Mickey bars are always a good call!

Sounds like a fun morning so far, and finding a place to eat is a good problem to have at EPCOT! Hmm, where to go??? My favorite is Tangierine Cafe, but I don't think that is where you go. Let's guess one of the newer places, Via Napoli or the Hacienda in Mexico.

Thanks! I've felt a little better since yesterday but now I'm in the eat absolutely everything in site and still be hungry phase. NOW would be the perfect time to be in Disney World, I'd SO get my money's worth haha.

I can't wait to try a Mickey bar on our next trip. They should sell them at the market so you can have a piece of Disney at home.

Tangerine Cafe is in Morocco, right? We have eaten there before, and the place we ended up was somewhere we had never been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter