Photo pass Plus: what you get...

This is a tech question that applies to either type of PP... CDs only have so much memory. With no limit on the number of pics you can have, and having to have duplicates for various sizes of the same pic, I'm envisioning some serious file size. Are all the pics zipped to fit on a single disc or do they send multiple discs if necessary, or is the resolution degraded the more pics you have?

We did PP for Christmas and had lots of pictures taken. We recieved 3 different CD's because of the number of pictures.

This is a tech question that applies to either type of PP... CDs only have so much memory. With no limit on the number of pics you can have, and having to have duplicates for various sizes of the same pic, I'm envisioning some serious file size. Are all the pics zipped to fit on a single disc or do they send multiple discs if necessary, or is the resolution degraded the more pics you have?

I believe it said that they will send you a CD or DVD depending on the number of pictures.

I am considering ordering today but we leave in exactly 14 days from today. How big of a gamble am I taking it wont arrive in time? Has the shipping really been taking the 14 days? I am in Oregon. Thanks for any input.

My preorder arrived in 5 days.

For these that have got the pp+-- are you glad you got it instead of the regular pp?

We just got back last week. I am glad I got it, but I would not get it every time because of the cost. We had breakfast at Ohanas and did all of the rides that the photo was included. I loved having the ride photos (I am a scrapbooker). We have never purchased ride photos before so it was a special treat. One thing I learned is if you are going to ride something multiple times, get the photo number each time and then add them together so you only wait on line once. We arrived at AK at rope drop and rode EE six times in a row. Each time we got off I got the slip with the photo number and put it in my pocket. We went right back on line. After we were done riding I brought all six slips to the photo counter and they added them all at once. Much easier than getting on line all six times!

VERY glad to find this thread! We did photopass our last trip and it was worth it. I will get photopass plus this time, b/c I think adding the ride photos will be sweet.

yeah! I will make this my next priority :rotfl:

Anyone know if you can use disney gift cards to buy? I am rocking the 4x fuel points at Kroger for a couple more days. LOL

I ordered my pp+ and it as shipped the next day and arrived 3 days later.

A couple questions-

How far in advance can you order photopass +? I know at on time the photopass preorders would disappear, if you ordered too early. Then you had to beg them to reinstate it. LOL

If I add a regular photopass card to my account while I am on the trip to see my photos, can I continue to use that same card and they will add to my account or would I need to get a new one?

And last but not least, anyone know if I can use Disney Reward dollars to preorder? That doesn't really matter to me, because we are buying it no matter what, but just wondering what my options are.

Thanks!

VERY glad to find this thread! We did photopass our last trip and it was worth it. I will get photopass plus this time, b/c I think adding the ride photos will be sweet.

yeah! I will make this my next priority :rotfl:

Anyone know if you can use disney gift cards to buy? I am rocking the 4x fuel points at Kroger for a couple more days. LOL

(bolding mine)

Yes you can!! This is exactly what I did! I didn't plan on buying anymore gift cards but I went Friday morning and bought another one to pay for PP+. They do require you to enter a cc# in case your GC doesn't cover the price.

A couple questions-

1. How far in advance can you order photopass +? I know at on time the photopass preorders would disappear, if you ordered too early. Then you had to beg them to reinstate it. LOL

2. If I add a regular photopass card to my account while I am on the trip to see my photos, can I continue to use that same card and they will add to my account or would I need to get a new one?

3. And last but not least, anyone know if I can use Disney Reward dollars to preorder? That doesn't really matter to me, because we are buying it no matter what, but just wondering what my options are.

Thanks!

!. The voucher that you receive in the mail (which you then exchange for the PhotoPass + card in the parks) doesn't expire, so there's no limit on how far in advance you can order.

2. You can add as many PhotoPass cards as you want.

3. I checked here and it says that they can be used at DisneyPhotoPass.com.

!. The voucher that you receive in the mail (which you then exchange for the PhotoPass + card in the parks) doesn't expire, so there's no limit on how far in advance you can order.

2. You can add as many PhotoPass cards as you want.

3. I checked here and it says that they can be used at DisneyPhotoPass.com.

Excellent! Thank you so much!!!

We got back 3 weeks ago. Did PP+ and I am glad we did. We have many family photos that I am very happy with including some great shots from the waterparks and tons of ride photos. I will say that I made it a point to make everyone stop when we saw a photopass photographer. Not sure I would do it if I was only there for a long weekend or something, bit for longer trips definitely would do it again!

PP+ is totally worth it! I just started editing my photos and they are amazing. I'm so glad we were able to capture memories this way on our twins' first trip.

(bolding mine)

Yes you can!! This is exactly what I did! I didn't plan on buying anymore gift cards but I went Friday morning and bought another one to pay for PP+. They do require you to enter a cc# in case your GC doesn't cover the price.

Awesome!!! hitting up la Kroger again tomorrow :love:

Has anyone exchanged their voucher at AK lately? I have pre-ordered the PP+ for our trip in September. We land in Orlando at 6:30 pm are staying at AOA and don't plan on visiting any parks that night. I am trying to figure out if it would be best to make a run to DTD that night to exchange it (by Disney bus) or if we should just exchange it our first morning, which we will be at AK (EMH). I know when it first came out, there was a lot of confusion and it was taking some people a lot of time to get the vouchers exchanged. Is it better now?

What should we do: Run to DTD or exchange it at AK?

Couple questions....I already bought my PP+ since is shipped as of today...and I can't wait for our trip!!!

I am sure that I can find this somewhere....but don't know where...Magic Shots...where are they and are they added to the PP+ card??

AND....I was reading about riding EE 6 times....I would die!! Love that ride!! How exactly were you able to get all 6 photos without waiting in line?? Do you just write down the number at the queue after the ride?? A little confused on how this part works...

Oh!! And because I just thought of this one...At restaurants, do you only get the photos added to the card OR do you get both the hard copy and digital copy?

Finally....haha...are their PP photographs at MNSSHP?? I wanna make sure that my husband gets in the shots this time!

OMG!! :cool1:This is the best deal ever!!!!!!!!

Finally....haha...are their PP photographs at MNSSHP?? I wanna make sure that my husband gets in the shots this time!

Yes! Make sure you get the hitchhiking ghosts "magic" shot! That and the pic with Cinderella's coach were my favorites from that night.

I am sorry if this has been asked before, but do you get a hard copy and digital copy of the photos only at the character meals or do you also get a hard copy and digital copy of the rides as well? I am thinking of purchasing this for my upcoming trip in October and I want to make sure it is worth the price! Also, can you exchange the voucher for the photo card at any resort?

AND....I was reading about riding EE 6 times....I would die!! Love that ride!! How exactly were you able to get all 6 photos without waiting in line?? Do you just write down the number at the queue after the ride?? A little confused on how this part works...

Oh!! And because I just thought of this one...At restaurants, do you only get the photos added to the card OR do you get both the hard copy and digital copy?

As for EE ,or any ride, every time you get off, stop and look for your photo on the screen. There is a CM there who will write the number of your photo on a piece of paper. That paper is what you give them at the register. Because we were riding so many times in a row, I just held all of the papers until we were done and gave them all to the CM at the register at the same time. Much better than waiting on line 6 times. Nothing better that EE at rope drop before the crowds arrive!

At breakfast at Ohanas they gave us the hard copies of the photos. There was a code on them that I had to punch in to the PhotoPass website and then they were on my card, too.

stormer said:
As for EE ,or any ride, every time you get off, stop and look for your photo on the screen. There is a CM there who will write the number of your photo on a piece of paper. That paper is what you give them at the register. Because we were riding so many times in a row, I just held all of the papers until we were done and gave them all to the CM at the register at the same time. Much better than waiting on line 6 times. Nothing better that EE at rope drop before the crowds arrive!

At breakfast at Ohanas they gave us the hard copies of the photos. There was a code on them that I had to punch in to the PhotoPass website and then they were on my card, too.

Awesome info...Thanks!!

BTW.... Are you the stormer from MS???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter