Photo pass Plus: what you get...

I took the plunge and pre-ordered photopass+ exactly 14 days before our trip (which was 2 days ago) and it shipped yesterday!

My question is this - we're staying at POFQ. Our first full day we're spending at AK, and then the following day is MK. Will I not be able to hand in my voucher to get the PP+ card until I get to MK? Then how would I get my AK ride pictures and Tusker House pictures? Thanks!

Great question! This is how our first day is planned, also. I am considering PP+ now because we are dining at Tusker House, CRT, and 1900 Park Fare, and maybe the ride photos will be cute.

Found this on a few pages back

At the parks you can get the PhotoPass + card at Exposition Hall at MK, the Camera Center at Epcot, Cover Story at DHS, and Garden Gate Gifts at AK.

Outside of the parks you can get the card at Team Mickey at Downtown Disney, M. Mouse Mercantile at the Grand Floridian, Trader Jack's at the Polynesian, Zawadi at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Beach Club Marketplace at the Beach Club.

Just a quick question?

Can anyone tell me if I can purchase the "borders/frames" that go on the ride pictures? I was just thinking that would be great!:thumbsup2

I am exactly 15 days out today, so if I place today, I should be ok right?

Just a quick question?

Can anyone tell me if I can purchase the "borders/frames" that go on the ride pictures? I was just thinking that would be great!:thumbsup2

They should be available to you when you edit your photos before you order your CD. We did Test Track last year and the borders where in the editor section within the photopass site when I went through and did borders on the photos.

Just a quick question?

Our pics from space mountain, Buzz lightyear, ToT and RnRC had the borders from the ride already on them. You could then add the extras from the photopass editor if you wanted.

OK reading through this thread and I am confused. Two questions that I am trying to be clear on:
Participating rides:
At Splash Mountain etc. when do we provide the Photopass Plus card? Before we ride or after? Do we need to buy the ride photo to have them included on our PP+ CD?
Akershus:
We are 2 reservations but at the same time. If we each give card to photographer will all pics taken be on the CD?
Thanks! I am getting more confused the more I read. Looking after a sick child 2 days before leave for Florida is not helping!

I just did this (upgraded at park) and I loved it. We did Luau, Chef Mickey and Tusker House Breakfast and they just handed us the printed package as well as giving us photopass # for them (which gave us ALL the shots they took not just the printed one). We used for a few rides also and loved that too.

Please tell me about the upgrade at the park. I preorder the album/cd combo just before they discontinued it so I am a bit concerned what they may charge for the upgrade. :eek:

I am so excited for this, I just pre-purchased our Photopass plus which I only had to pay the difference from my previous pre-purchase of the regular Photopass. Like the PP said, they turned my credit into a dollar amount, which I then was able to apply to my photopass plus pre-purchase :cool1:. DH is going to be so ecstatic about this since he is such a huge fan of PP anyway, I think it is more of an obsession though :rotfl:. He is going to flip when I show him what this is all going to include. I think I may wait until it comes in the mail to tell him, make it kind of a Pre-Disney trip surprise :goodvibes.

I am sooo confused :confused3. When I originally bought the preorder for the cd and album I called Photopass and asked if I could upgrade. They told me yes but would have to pay another $99. If I paid $149 for my preorder I wonder if I will only be charged $20 to upgrade to the pre-purchase for PP+?? It sounds like thye have changed their mind on crediting people for upgrades. I'll call today and post with what I am told.;)

I am sooo confused :confused3. When I originally bought the preorder for the cd and album I called Photopass and asked if I could upgrade. They told me yes but would have to pay another $99. If I paid $149 for my preorder I wonder if I will only be charged $20 to upgrade to the pre-purchase for PP+?? It sounds like thye have changed their mind on crediting people for upgrades. I'll call today and post with what I am told.;)

You pre ordered the album as well. The $169 doesn't include the album. So for you to upgrade to Photopass+ and an album, then it may very well be $99. If you tell them you no longer want the album, then they should still be able to recredit your account the $149 you paid, and then it would indeed onl be $20 to upgrade.

ready4mouse said:
Both TH and Akerhus have PP photographers for the character photo package that they bring to you while you eat and try to get you to buy...those would included with your PP+

I wish CP had PP Photos....

Aren't the printed photos included in the Princess meal at Akershus just by having the reservation....whether you had photo pass or not?

OK reading through this thread and I am confused. Two questions that I am trying to be clear on:
Participating rides:
At Splash Mountain etc. when do we provide the Photopass Plus card? Before we ride or after? Do we need to buy the ride photo to have them included on our PP+ CD?
Akershus:
We are 2 reservations but at the same time. If we each give card to photographer will all pics taken be on the CD?
Thanks! I am getting more confused the more I read. Looking after a sick child 2 days before leave for Florida is not helping!

You scan your card after the ride at the photo counter. You will not need to purchase the photos as they are already included on your card and they will be on your CD.

As far as multiple packages, I think you would have to have the card scanned twice? Some people have had luck by taking a photo with their phone of the PP+ card code and just having the CM scan the photo.

you got a person who did not understand what you were asking.

if you have a credit sitting in the photo pass site for 149 you will get that refunded- then you go back in and repurchase the photo pass plus for 169.
(which is mailed to you and is not a credit)

Aren't the printed photos included in the Princess meal at Akershus just by having the reservation....whether you had photo pass or not?

Yes. Listing CRT and Akershus as "benefits" of Photopass+ is a bit misleading, as both already included the prints as part of your dining cost. But the other locations did not automatically include the prints, but with Photopass+ they do.

Sorry if this has been asked before...

But say I am going to WDW Jan 13-21st and my best friends sister is going Feb. 9th, is it possible to share a photopass plus, KNOWING that I will only get the 14 days from Jan 13th - but her doing just regular photopass cards?

Hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Listing CRT and Akershus as "benefits" of Photopass+ is a bit misleading, as both already included the prints as part of your dining cost. But the other locations did not automatically include the prints, but with Photopass+ they do.

We just got back from our trip. Even though you get the physical prints, after each character meal, we had to go to a Photopass counter with the receipt to add them to the Photopass.

It seems they're still refining the process because each restaurant told us only a Photopass counter could add the photos (chef Mickey, ohana, Akerhaus), and each time at a Photopass counter we were told the restaurant should have added them automatically.

Either way, we justed showed our Photopass+ and they gave us the physical prints. We then went to a Photopass counter to have ALL the photos taken in the "session" to our Photopass. Ie they only give you one physical print, but we took multiple family shots with the grandparents, etc, and they were all added to the Photopass.

Sorry if this has been asked before...

But say I am going to WDW Jan 13-21st and my best friends sister is going Feb. 9th, is it possible to share a photopass plus, KNOWING that I will only get the 14 days from Jan 13th - but her doing just regular photopass cards?

Hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks in advance!

The Photopass+ is only good for 14 days, but every photo, despite what card it is on, expires after 30 days. It sounds like your photos will start to expire while your friend is still on her trip.

Ultimately, it has nothing to do with the plus specifically. Just adding Photopass cards to your account and ordering your CDs before photos expire.

webshark3 said:
We just got back from our trip. Even though you get the physical prints, after each character meal, we had to go to a Photopass counter with the receipt to add them to the Photopass.

It seems they're still refining the process because each restaurant told us only a Photopass counter could add the photos (chef Mickey, ohana, Akerhaus), and each time at a Photopass counter we were told the restaurant should have added them automatically.

Either way, we justed showed our Photopass+ and they gave us the physical prints. We then went to a Photopass counter to have ALL the photos taken in the "session" to our Photopass. Ie they only give you one physical print, but we took multiple family shots with the grandparents, etc, and they were all added to the Photopass.

You can add meal photos to your photopass account yourself, you don't need to go anywhere to have it done. If you take the big photo out of the frame/folder, on the very edge is a code, that is what you enter into your pp account.

You can add meal photos to your photopass account yourself, you don't need to go anywhere to have it done. If you take the big photo out of the frame/folder, on the very edge is a code, that is what you enter into your pp account.

Twice (TWICE) I asked that exact question at the Photopass counters after long waits to get help. Their response both times was that there was no way to add them yourself. :confused3

Thanks for the info. Too late for me, but I hope it helps others. but that would add just that photo, or all the photos taken for that meal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter