Photo pass Plus: what you get...

Twice (TWICE) I asked that exact question at the Photopass counters after long waits to get help. Their response both times was that there was no way to add them yourself. :confused3

Thanks for the info. Too late for me, but I hope it helps others. but that would add just that photo, or all the photos taken for that meal?

It adds them all. You can also use receipt that they give you. If you look the receipt number is the same as the number on the pic. When we went in April I think the only ones I had to add was the ones from CRT. Ohana and Park Fare were added already.:goodvibes

Sorry if this has been asked before...

But say I am going to WDW Jan 13-21st and my best friends sister is going Feb. 9th, is it possible to share a photopass plus, KNOWING that I will only get the 14 days from Jan 13th - but her doing just regular photopass cards?

Hope that makes sense. :)

Thanks in advance!

Yes and no. You won't be sharing the Photopass+ card portion itself, but you can still share the Photo CD voucher that is included as part of your Photopass+ purchase. Since the Photo CD will include a copy of all originals and edits that are in your account at the time it is ordered, as long as you get her photos (from a normal Photopass card) claimed and edited, before your pictures from your card (Photopass+ and normal Photopass) expire, it's not a problem. This means you may want to wait a week or two after your trip before claiming your pictures online to maximize the amount of edit time she will have with her pictures.

Yes and no. You won't be sharing the Photopass+ card portion itself, but you can still share the Photo CD voucher that is included as part of your Photopass+ purchase. Since the Photo CD will include a copy of all originals and edits that are in your account at the time it is ordered, as long as you get her photos (from a normal Photopass card) claimed and edited, before your pictures from your card (Photopass+ and normal Photopass) expire, it's not a problem. This means you may want to wait a week or two after your trip before claiming your pictures online to maximize the amount of edit time she will have with her pictures.

Maybe someone can correct me, but I thought the expiration timer starts as soon as the photo is snapped. Not when it is claimed. That s what it always looked like on mine.

Edit: just looked at mine. Photos all expire in 30 days from when they were snapped. Waiting too long to claim your Photopass means you can lose photos which expire sooner. I would add any Photopass numbers ASAP, and track your photos (make sure theyre all there each day on vacation).

It adds them all. You can also use receipt that they give you. If you look the receipt number is the same as the number on the pic. When we went in April I think the only ones I had to add was the ones from CRT. Ohana and Park Fare were added already.:goodvibes

Thanks. In my case, they weren't there until the Photopass counter added them.

Maybe someone can correct me, but I thought the expiration timer starts as soon as the photo is snapped. Not when it is claimed. That s what it always looked like on mine.

Edit: just looked at mine. Photos all expire in 30 days from when they were snapped. Waiting too long to claim your Photopass means you can lose photos which expire sooner. I would add any Photopass numbers ASAP, and track your photos (make sure theyre all there each day on vacation).

There are two different deadlines. If you don't "claim" your photo 30 days after it is taken it will disappear. To claim it you just have to put your Photopass card number into your account online. You can do this in the park or at home online. I usually wait until I'm home. Once you put the photos into your account you have another deadline (I think another 30 days) to edit them and order your CD. You can sometimes get an extension on this second deadline. (Like if you call them and tell them your computer is broken.) So waiting to add any of the photos to your online account until the end of the first window will maximize your overall time.

There are two different deadlines. If you don't "claim" your photo 30 days after it is taken it will disappear. To claim it you just have to put your Photopass card number into your account online. You can do this in the park or at home online. I usually wait until I'm home. Once you put the photos into your account you have another deadline (I think another 30 days) to edit them and order your CD. You can sometimes get an extension on this second deadline. (Like if you call them and tell them your computer is broken.) So waiting to add any of the photos to your online account until the end of the first window will maximize your overall time.

Thanks. I also found the exact policy here. That sounds right.
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/skins/100147/help/Policies_Help.htm#storage

I still prefer viewing my photos while on vacation. It's not uncommon for photos to be missing. They can hunt them down if you remember the location and time. That might be harder to remember after you return from your vacation (I know I have over 300 photos).

PhotoPass PLUS is only good for 14 days from the first photo.
so for someone going Januury 13th your family going in February 9 will not be able to share the PLUS part with you.

Just the card expires in 14 days-- you can still have the 30 days to get them.
does not leave much time when your family comes home. less the 3 days.
For me, thats cutting it way to close (in case of computer problems or site problems..

Quick question....I am sure it has probably been ansered somewhere in this thread already...

Where do we go to redeem the voucher to start taking pictures? We are going October 11 and staying at AKL. So when we check in do I need go to PhotoPass retail to get the card activated??

I am a little confused on this part...Thanks for the help!!

I had purchased mine for 169 and it arrived in about 5 days. Cant wait to use it! Thank you to the responses explaining what to do after the rides for the pictures! :)

Quick question....I am sure it has probably been ansered somewhere in this thread already...

Where do we go to redeem the voucher to start taking pictures? We are going October 11 and staying at AKL. So when we check in do I need go to PhotoPass retail to get the card activated??

I am a little confused on this part...Thanks for the help!!

Check post #76.

Another question...I want to pre-purchase. We arrive late (9:00 at airport on Oct. 31) So, I don't plan to be at resort until 10:30 at least. I can't claim the card that late. Then, we have breakfast at Chef Mickey's at 7:30 the following morning. I won't be able to claim my card before that either. Does anyone know if there is a way to get those photos? I am even ok with buying the package and turning in the receipt later in the day for a refund. I just don't know if that is something they will do? I read the facebook page and that says that they will put the purchase of a photo package towards the purchase of a plus cd if done in the same day. This, however is slightly different. I would already have purchased the plus just not exchanged the voucher. Hoping someone can help with this??

This is for anyone that has already purchased, used, and ordered pics from their PP+...I am currently editing my photos and adding borders. Do I need to save the pictures in various sizes (4x6, 5x7, 8x10) if I plan on printing them that large? I noticed while cropping that different sizes lost different parts of the pictures...I would hate to save everything in a 4x6 format and print one in 8x10 after I get this CD and have half of my daughters face cut off. Thanks for the help!!

This may have been asked already and if so please excuse the question. If you pre-order but want to purchase an additional copy ($19.xx I believe?) Do you have to include that in your pre-order, or can you wait and purchase the second copy after the trip? Maybe this is common sense, but my brain is a little overwhelmed at the moment...lol.

This may have been asked already and if so please excuse the question. If you pre-order but want to purchase an additional copy ($19.xx I believe?) Do you have to include that in your pre-order, or can you wait and purchase the second copy after the trip? Maybe this is common sense, but my brain is a little overwhelmed at the moment...lol.

There's no reason to buy an extra copy. You can just make an extra copy when you receive it because you receive a release that allows you make copies of the pictures.

I am considering ordering today but we leave in exactly 14 days from today. How big of a gamble am I taking it wont arrive in time? Has the shipping really been taking the 14 days? I am in Oregon. Thanks for any input.

This is a tech question that applies to either type of PP... CDs only have so much memory. With no limit on the number of pics you can have, and having to have duplicates for various sizes of the same pic, I'm envisioning some serious file size. Are all the pics zipped to fit on a single disc or do they send multiple discs if necessary, or is the resolution degraded the more pics you have?

pacificNWmom said:
I am considering ordering today but we leave in exactly 14 days from today. How big of a gamble am I taking it wont arrive in time? Has the shipping really been taking the 14 days? I am in Oregon. Thanks for any input.

I am in the UK and mine arrived in just under a week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter