Photo pass Plus: what you get...

What kind of photo do you get at restaurants? With the characters...or without? and which offer the prints as well.

The only ones we have ever done from the list were Chef Mickey and CRT.

I especially want to know about HDDR as we are looking at going next trip.

Thanks.

I agree, all the major ones and anyone that has a themed M&G area will have photographers. But there are a few with fixed locations that still can catch you out.

There was not a Photopass photographer at the Jasmine/Aladdin M&G in Adventureland when we were there last year. I'm not sure if that's typical or not.

Question... i was reading that some ppl that do the PP+ take pictures of the card and some CM's put the ride pics on that way.... does this work?

I'm really sorry and call me lazy but I got 3 pages in and got more confused than before I started so I'll just post my queries. I apologise if these have been answered already.

I live in the uk (not that it makes a difference but still) I'm 20 and am taking a 14 day trip in oct/nov (doing both Halloween and Xmas parties) with my mum. Just the 2 of us. I also own a canon DSLR camera (similar to the pp at Disney) and will be taking it to the parks. We plan on doing a breakfast at park fair.

All that in account, is it worth is purchasing the pp+? For me the pictures are the best part of the trip to take home.

Also, if I pay the one off $$$ will I need to pay any more money to get my photos? or is everything included in that price (inc shipping) and will I be able to rip all the pics from this CD to my computer once I get home?

I'm so confused, dumbed down version please!!
(not new to the pp system just the buying them part)

UK Here too

You have a few options

1 - Regular Photopass CD in advance - buy this in advance for $120 from http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx and you will get a 'credit' that will sit waiting for you in your onlne account that will get you all your photos taken by regular photopas photographers at all the parks (including ones at charater meet locations) included in a one off price. Simply get a card from any photographer (or multiple cards) and have as many photos taken as you like. When you get home, use your pre-purchased credit to get all those pics added to a CD and sent to you. No extra charge. Also if you get home and realise you didn't end up getting many photos, or discover all the photos are terrible, you can get a full refund and leave it at that.

2 - Photopass Plus Package in advance - same as above (from here http://www.disneyphotopass.com/wdwphotopassplus.aspx ) but also includes ride photos and the photos taken at certain character meals/dining experiences. Must get it no less than 14 days before you leave - in fact ours took 16 days to arrive here in UK. As long as you do not open the pack you will get a refund on this too if you want one

3 - Don't do anything in advance and buy when you get home
Just grab a card from any phtographer, and then decide to buy a CD when you get back if you feel its worth it. You won't get the pre-purchase discount doing it this way though and it will cost you $170. This is regular photopass CD not plus. You can buy the plus version in the parks if you want - thats about $200, so cheaper to get in advance.

Delivery
No extra charges for UK, either in shipping or customs - well not that I have ever heard anyway.

how quick is the process of exhanging voucher.

we are a 'rope drop' family, and dont want to waist valuable early morning minutes stuck in a line at expo hall.

Anywhere else in MK I can get the plus card?

So I am trying to understand how the photopass works? Do you even take a camera with you? Do you need to? It says on the website that you can enjoy the benefits from the following attractions and dining locations (and then it lists specific ones like Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's Royal Table). Are these the only places they take pictures? I would love to get something like this, but want to see if it is worth it. :confused3

You will still want a camera. Photo Pass is only good at the "prime" photo spots where Disney puts photographers. In front of the castle. In front of Spaceship Earth. Character Meetings. Etc. You will want your camera to take all the other shots in front of rides, eating Mickey Bars, at non Photo Pass meals (Crystal Palace, etc) and all the other places you would take photos. You can also hand your camera to any PhotoPass photographer and they will take a photo using your camera.

PhotoPass adds the option of multiple shots and Magic Shots. Photo Pass Plus adds the ride photos and the short list of Character Meals they offer photo packages for.

I agree that you still need your own camera. But to be clear, the locations listed are just for the PP+. These are places where Disney already takes your pic but you would have to buy the print. With Pp+ these are included. The regular PP photographers are available at most character Meet & Greets and throughout the parks at scenic locations. There are a lot of them; you just have to watch for them. I've come back from trips with hundreds and hundreds of pics.

In the past with regular photo pass you could take the photos from Ohana or Norway to a photo shop in one of the parks and they would add to your photo pass. Has this been removed due to the plus package?

Thanks!

vkg090902 said:
In the past with regular photo pass you could take the photos from Ohana or Norway to a photo shop in one of the parks and they would add to your photo pass. Has this been removed due to the plus package?

Thanks!

No, you can still do this. You just have to buy the photo. Also, you don't have to go to a photo shop. When we bought our photo at Tusker House the photographer added it to the card for us.

Tltorrez said:
No, you can still do this. You just have to buy the photo. Also, you don't have to go to a photo shop. When we bought our photo at Tusker House the photographer added it to the card for us.

You can do it yourself at home. That's what we've always done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter