Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

Your gin and tonic mile-high story was HI-larious! It made me wonder if CL sort of functions in a similar way with all those 'endless' drinks. DH once broke an empty CL wine glass and DD was so embarrassed, she quickly threw it in the garbage before anyone noticed:bitelip:

I would love to see one of your elusive Tree House photos. I love vintage WDW stuff. Did you get all dolled-up like for prom? I think I forgot to tell you how much I loved your photo, and I forgot to ask what was in that big box?

So glad you catch them as I hate finding the dried husk-o-lizard in a corner somewhere or garage.

We had such a horrible one-night CBR experience that I don't think I could ever go back. If we weren't there for only one night and were dead tired after 14 hours of driving, I would have changed, but we went on to CR the next day and all was (sort of) forgotten. So I just can't recommend CBR. But, I like the FWC/Tree House idea, but are you sure you don't want to do a little tent camping in between?

Mike Douglas was great and so was **** Cavett and the Galloping Gourmet! As I child, I remember my mom also watching Dinah Shore - good times, good times...

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and DH tomorrow:hug:. Maybe DH can make some reservations while he's home alone;)

Melissa took the words right out of my mouth. We love CR's BLV for all the reasons she posted and if you stay CL, you can go to the lounge to see and hear Wishes and enjoy the view during the day, too.

I like your spring countdown:thumbsup2

I'm chiming in to say that my chime isn't really needed - great job, Melissa:thumbsup2

Is YC Regatta Club? Might be hard to go from CL to non-CL.

Oh no, bad Yucky E. Cheese memories are flooding back... When DD was about 4, we attended a birthday and DD was going through an enclosed tube when she looked through the window down at me, but seemed disturbed. She finally came out the tube and announced that there was a 'yucky sock in there.' I'll never forget her face and I think she just wanted to go home after that.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I don't know if it's just coincidence, or if the boys shared their germs, but I have the same thing they do. I would miss class tomorrow, but we are still planning on going to San Antonio at the end of the month. Well, that is if we can finally get our tax return, which we still do not have.

4. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Melissa: I have been collecting :rolleyes1 US cash for a while, and am trying to avoid another 2.5% conversion fee on my credit card. I hate that fee.:furious: So, thinking if I just brought the cashola, I could avoid it. Don't know how else to do it. Even if I used my Redcard credit card from Target, and bought Disney gift cards in Buffalo before we get to the airport, I am going to pay the darned fee again.:confused3

5. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

Could you use the US cash you are collecting, buy the Disney gift cards in Buffalo and then you'd still save the 5%????

On another note .... so excited just got word that the Diva group is going to book a block of rooms at the Grand Californian (GC) at a very good discount for our trip next year!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Heading out mid morning for a week in So Cal to visit with the kids ... this is the trip I am using my Jet Blue credit on .... so no money out of pocket right now .... :thumbsup2

6. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Linda: Hmmmm...you mean use my US cash to purchase the Gift cards? How could I save 5% doing that? :confused: I think my brain is fried, I must be missing something. Although, I do see that by using cash to buy the Gift cards I would not pay the Credit card fee. :upsidedow

Ooohh I think when we go to DL (one day:rolleyes:) we want to stay there too!!:thumbsup2

And yay for a trip to see your fam....sounds great! And cheap too! Perfect!:goodvibes

7. Grumpy Grandma

Ok my brain isn't working ... you'd have to use the Target Redcard to get the 5% off .... sorry .... my mistake.

8. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Jen - I just sent you an email.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

9. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

I've decided to switch things up a bit. I am going to see if I can use my discount for a Poly room in June, and go mod or value after the cruise, and for less nights. :idea:

10. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

No problem Linda, thank you for trying to help!:flower3:

Thanks Melissa...:hug:

Dani: I can sense your brain doesn't stop does it? This sounds like the makings of a good plan though.::yes::

11. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Never, ever, ever. :rotfl:

12. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Ahhh..there are more like me!! :lmao: I will go and tell DH!;)

13. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

The Ladies of RC: Ever Planning, Ever Scheming, Always Changing... (even if it's just in our minds.) :laughing:

Missed you gals today. :grouphug: Will pop on tomorrow when it's not so chaotic around here. :rolleyes:

14. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

Which resort? ;). You'll have to PM me if we will be at the same resort at the same time!!

15. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Hi Sue! I saw your comment about SAB...even though my kiddos can swim, a lifejacket sounds like a good idea if we all venture into the lazy river??

16. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

:grouphug: Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I'm getting too old for school, one paper took me yhree days to write, edit, and submit :coffee:

What did I miss???

sis..Danimal invited himself...Poly with the 2 kiddos :thumbsup2

GinnyYC/CR :woohoo:

sue If she is in Disney when we are there...janet will totally come visit the GF :love:

17. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

I know when I'm close to sticking to a decision when I start defending my resort choice to my DH. (I showed him video and pics of POFQ and some other moderates, including CSR rooms and POR RGRs.) He was agreeing with me for the most part on POFQ, even with the creepy huge sculptures in the food court until he saw the Royal rooms at POR. He said they looked a lot better than the FQ rooms (even with the new linens, etc.). I found myself a bit upset and was like "you don't like the French Quarter?" He responded by saying we could stay at whichever one I thought was best, but he didn't want me to settle for the FQ just because it would be cheaper than the RGRs. But I don't think I'm settling. :-) I think this one may stick! Now we just have to find out what DH's raise/bonus will be so we can book it!! Then I can start on my ADRs before everything is gone! YEAH!! :-)

18. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

Sounds like a great trip! Have fun with your family!
    :thumbsup2 Sounds like a great change!
    :cool1: The Royal rooms look cool, but I'm never in the room enough:cool1: to make that worth it. Either way, you will have a great trip! Crossing my fingers for a great raise and bonus! Then we can play with your ADR's!

Speaking of ADR's, Has anyone tried Garden Grove in the Swan for dinner? If you have, which characters are there? Does it change nightly like the menu? I haven't seen much about it over on the restaurant board. I am considering that for Nov. Still have plenty of time to decide before I can make ADR's.

19. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

:grouphug: to my RC pals.

Dani: I quite like the sound of doing the Poly on its own -- then a mod after the cruise. Since the cruise will be a totally new thing, might be an easier transition? Either way sounds GREAT, really! :thumbsup2

You could always opt for the jackets and see how it goes? Then chuck them off if they don't like/need 'em. (The current is quite strong in some places.) Miss M just rode around on a noodle when she got tired of swimming. (Had to tell her to stop trying to swim against the current -- that tired her out quick enough. :laughing: ) There's also a little pool off the lazy river bit -- if you're in the lazy river, it's directly between it and the main building. No current and a bit quieter than the pool with the volleyball net. We quite like this area as it seems no one is ever in it! Has a little waterfall and, I believe, the human stew cauldron a.k.a hot tub right off it. :rotfl:

Old school? Nah, you just wanna make sure it's done right. :hug: Us old folk are totally like that.

No changes, right? *taps foot*

When we stayed at POR last fall, it was in a RGR, it was WONDERFUL! The check-in was HORRENDOUS but the rest of the time made up for it -- starting with the bell service guy who picked us up and took our luggage over to the room. Loved everything about the resort -- the grounds, the room, the walkways, the boat to DTD, the building we were in. We stayed in -- what I assume was a "water/pool" view (paid for a standard view) -- a room which overlooked the quiet pool in the courtyard of Parterre Place. We walked down to POFQ, too. It's more compact but had a lovely feel to it, too. I think we preferred the food options at POR over POFQ... but the bar at POFQ was much better. :thumbsup2 Honestly, I think I'd be happy with either resort -- those RGR are awfully nice though. Just very sweet decor and nice additions all over the room.

I've not done Garden Grove yet. We have tried The Fountain, Bluezoo and Fresh Mediterranean Market (for breakfast). There are lots of good options over there. :goodvibes

20. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!

Wookie, hope you are feeling better today. :hug:

GG, safe travels!! Have fun with the kids... with a little DL sprinkled in..:goodvibes

Ginny, congrats on your RC to the CR! :thumbsup2 And planning on a sundown ressie at Ca Grill seems perfect! Looking forward to seeing what the new and improved CG has to offer. :goodvibes [and about our DSs...they sure pull at our heartstrings with their issues, don't they? I have many similar Chucky episodes to write a book.]

Dani, like your plan for the Poly for summer and either a value/mod for post-cruise... sounds like a well thought out switcheroo. :thumbsup2

who says?? :upsidedow If Kramer can bring a cafe latte in to the movies... we can manage soup & sandwiches... if anything happens we can call on Jackie Chiles to represent us...:rotfl2:

Hope that your Asst Principal follows thru... so unprofessional not to call to reschedule...

An idea... what Sam for the summer? :goodvibes

Melissa, happy that your news is for the most part positive, right? Does scar tissue eventually minimize? Hoping that your pain will lessen every passing day. :hug:

Hope the kids are better enough to be in school. (sure Momma could use a rest!)

Missed you too MPC! Hope life is a little less stressful today!

Of course I will! (when I know what the heck we are doing ... :rotfl2:)

Pas.. Miss you too! Figured you were hard at work or working hard on your school stuff...:) And yes, my radar will get me to the GF one way or another... and who knows where we may end up?? :teeth:

:yay: IMO each resort has something special and unique to offer... FQ is seems perfect...small size, pool is more geared to younger kids.. you can walk over to Riverside and experience another pool is you wish... 2 great food courts...Piano Bob does a great kids show at Riverside... it all GOOD!! :cool1:

21. Grumpy Grandma

Sitting in the airport waiting to board my plane. :thumbsup2

So excited about the Diva GC stay. But this does mean my Oct/Nov and Dec trips to WDW will have to be a little more budget friendly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.