Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay attempting my catch up again....

Wookie - your Panera sounds so yummy! I never eat cashews anymore because DD is SEVERELY allergic and I am just so afraid of having the nut oils anywhere on me. I have a Panera right around the corner from me, as a matter of fact it is right in front on the gym I belong to. It is so hard to walk past all those yummy smells in the morning and go into the gym when I really want to sink my teeth into all those fresh baked goodies. How did the dr with Joey go?

i_heart - yep, it is now 8:30pm and I just poured a drink :drinking1: I swear Chuck E Cheese is one of the grossest places there is, but my kids still love it so we the few times a year we go I just bring my iPad or meet a friend there and then disinfect them like crazy when we get home. I hope DS had a great time tonight and isn't too sick tomorrow :sick:

MAGIC - I forgot to wish you a BIG CONGRATS on your magical upgrade pixiedust: and a belated Happy Anniversary!!!

KOOK - my mom swears we stayed in a treehouse when I was little, I think I remember it. But I also remember a townhouse type place :confused3 Then again I also remember the blood blister I got on my finger from playing too much in the CR arcade :lmao: I remember the weirdest things from my childhood! Needless to say we went to Disney a few times when I was growing up. I think it started when my grandparents moved to FL, we would see them in Miami then go to Disney or vice versa. Then somehow I ended up down here :sad2:

Piglets Mommy - have a great time this weekend in MD and at the shower!

Koh1977 - we actually didn't mind the Mardi Gras masks, but now ask me about Boardwalk and how my family wont stay there because of the clown pool :rotfl: Broken leg, inflatable slide....does not sound like a good story :sad2: My oldest DS thought he could fly when he was two and jumped off the top stair...broke his arm in two places.

Miss - glad you are feeling better today! Come on over, I have plenty of tonic to share :goodvibes I even have a nip of Tanqueray left from when I was trying gin. DH told me to try it since he knew I liked tonic, he said it was a love or hate kind of thing. Well I don't hate it, but I don't love it. I'll stick with my Ketel One ;)

Cynthia - I honestly could not believe she was just giving me free drinks...I guess she smelled them too :rotfl:

Well DS and DD were fighting and yelling at each other while DH was asleep on the couch, didn't end well :sad2: DH is still on the couch but awake and cranky and the kiddos are upstairs in their rooms. I'll just sit here with my laptop and keep catching up on the Dis :thumbsup2

Melissa

Oh, by the way, snow day today...last day of school now June 21, the day we leave for vacation

Yeah, you guys are getting clobbered this winter! I keep seeing everyone's pics on FB and wish I was there!!!

Knock on wood, our hurricane days this year didn't add to our school end date. We have been there before though. I always laugh thinking how I grew up with snow days and now deal with hurricane days for my kids, so strange!

babyberger said:
Yeah, you guys are getting clobbered this winter! I keep seeing everyone's pics on FB and wish I was there!!!

Knock on wood, our hurricane days this year didn't add to our school end date. We have been there before though. I always laugh thinking how I grew up with snow days and now deal with hurricane days for my kids, so strange!

That's the one thing I thought was so crazy when I lived down there! Hurricane days! Even in Orlando area! It was crazy!

:sad: Hi Ladies,

I need some help. Have any of your little ones gone through a hitting phase? My DD in grade one is going through some sort of phase (I hope) where she gets super mad at me. For instance today was a themed dress up day at their school "tacky tourist day" and we were scouring the house trying to find something for all of them to wear. I guess DD6 teacher said to come dressed like they were on vacation so she wanted to wear shorts only, with nothing on her legs. I kept trying to explain to her that it is still winter, snowed last night, and very cold. She could wear the shorts but with tights underneath.

She gets this posture going, grits her teeth, and breathes like a wild animal at me. I know the routine, and just tried to play off by laughing and making jokes, but then she kept kicking at me, until she actually got me in the stomach. Well, needless to say there went my patience and humor. :furious:

My losing it is not pretty for anyone to see, and all of the DD's morning was then taken down the wrong road. I am just so sad and frustrated. I try so hard to keep it together, and then end up losing it and wrecking everything.

I am so afraid that these girls will grow up to hate me. My worst fear ever. I know my DD8 went through a similar phase when she was in grade 1, but I miss my sweetheart DD6 sometimes, and wonder if she will come back.

Sorry all, I had to come here as I don't want to share with anyone else. I am to upset.

Sitting here crying looking at her frickin doll, how pathetic is that

Thanks

Jen

Jen, I am late to the party, but please do not beat yourself up over this incident. Trust me, lately I am losing it more and more. I know it isn't right, but sometimes I just can't help it. I feel bad. But being a single parent, overworked, overstressed, and without sleep wears on me. We all have our moments. Your DD loves you. She will forget it even happened.

Thank you Ginny and all....and Melissa I do hope your DS feels better soon, and that it is NOT strep. Hate Hate Hate strep.

Pas yes, our two do sound alike. She is very very sweet, and sensitive too.

OK, moving on here....you know the POR lover Venomhatch? He has posted on the POR thread that something disgusting happened when they were there recently that caused him to maybe never want to go back. He will not say what only that they had to move rooms because of it. Ugh...bedbugs perhaps??? I wish he would just out with it!! Maybe I will be taking POR off my list for November. :confused3

Thanks Koh....he just PMed me too...:rolleyes1 (yes I am nosy!!) and said the roaches were in drawers, tub, eggs larvae the whole bit. Ummm.....ewwwwww!!!:sick:

I cannot thank you all enough for you kind words and advice today. I just felt very low, but need to try and remember to believe in myself more.:)
I know Sarah would echo what you all said too.

I don't think it is any secret how much I dislike that poster. :rolleyes1 I am planning on a RR at POR in June. Personally, I take anything he says with a grain of salt because he has that way about him of expecting something for nothing. Even if it IS true, it could happen at any one of the resorts.

Dani: I know what you mean....drama I hope. I said to DH that maybe we are going to have to stay at The Grand in November now....he wasn't having any part of that one!!:rotfl: Finances will mostly likely make our decision for us!

Thanks for the understanding words...I don't even know how you manage it all on your own. :hug:

Hi RCers: :wave2: I was hoping 2013 would be THE YEAR, but with fewer trips for us this year, hopefully 2014 will be our year to finish up the Resort list. Three big budget drainers are on tap for this year: A new roof and new windows, as well as a trip to the Masters in April. While not WDW, we're pretty stoked to go to Augusta. :yay: My WDW Resort-stay list is down to AKL, SAR, CBR, ASmu and AoA. I am at the point of ambivalence for most of these...I think. :scratchin It is at the point that it is sooo much easier to book one of my faves over these Resorts more standard rooms, with obvious exceptions being the Cars Suite and the Treehouses. ::yes::

KOOK: First off let me just say that Mike Douglas stole my heart as a little girl... and then Kramer's "Mike Douglas set episode" stole my mind and funny bone. One of the all-time best to be sure. Thanks for letting me re-live it. :hyper:

Thanks also for the idea of the Treehouse. You've given me the idea for a perfectly rugged split stay -- FTW cabin and SAR treehouse. I had purposely blocked it out of my mind until now. :headache: I think I've mentioned here before lucking out and being the first to book one of the reno-ed Treehouse rooms entirely by chance... and then canceling it for a BC 2br villas for our Christmas 2007 trip? Yep, I cancelled a brandy-spanking new room. :confused3 That said, every time DH and I sail past them we oooh and ahhhh.

You know, my DH's retirement plan is to drive :boat: the boat route to DTD... so we could make SAR our home DVC resort when the time comes and live like Tarzan and Jane in the Treehouse. I wish. ;)

Piglets Mommy: I think I will put golf carts, public drunkeness and mini golf on my next itinerary in no particular order. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

letthewookiewin: I knew you had booked FTW and was going to ask you about the cabins this weekend. I'm sorry I forgot you changed away from it. :rolleyes:

Koh1977: My two cents on our fave mod: POR. It is "home" to us as we've logged quite a few stays there. POR is so relaxing and peaceful, and has a darn good food court and we think the layout is tops. POFQ has it charms due to the size. I love the wrought iron and those charming streets and squares. I am a Floridian, so tropical themes like CBR leave me flat. And CSR is novelty to me, somehow it never really "counts" although I've logged 2 stays there. :confused3

babyberger: You hate living in FL? Some of the time I am right there with ya' on that. Where are you from originally? Me NJ. As for vodka tonics, I am not much of a drinker and am always on a quest to find something I like when I do imbibe. :drinking1 My SIL turned me on to them and I can imagine all the flavored vodkas make for fun tasting sessions. :bitelip: PS, your airline vodka tonic story made me green just thinking about the cramped, sweaty, smelly confines you were in. Glad you survived to tell the tale.

Ok Magic I'm not doing quite as good as you on staying at all the resorts but I'm not doing too bad. The resorts that I still need to stay at are GF, Poly, CR (I have stayed at BLT so that's close), POFQ, AOA and all the All Stars. Not too bad for a California girl!!! I've also stayed at all three at DL ... GC, DL Hotel and Paradise Pier.

PS .... that wasn't me dancing on the tables at Piano Bob .... maybe Janet???? :rotfl2:

MAGIC - I am originally from MA, so a cold weather girl at heart! And still a HUGE New England sports fan ;) don't get me wrong, Boca is a wonderful place for a family, but I hate the heat and the fact that my kids don't get to go apple picking or jump in the leaves in the fall. I told DH that I want to take a call trip up north so the kids can do all of those things. I miss the NH foliage too!

As far as resorts, I will never stay at all if them....DH and the kids have no interest in trying out anymore. I think they have happily found their home at CR (although they are willing to try a 1BR at BLT)!

DH went to the gym this morning and I gave him a list of errands to do while he is out so I don't have to get out if my pj's, lol! Steven is starting with the low grade fever and is sooo stuffy, ped was right, cold was coming on. I haven't heard from them this morning so that means the strep is still negative. Phew!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

babyberger said:
MAGIC - I am originally from MA, so a cold weather girl at heart! And still a HUGE New England sports fan ;) don't get me wrong, Boca is a wonderful place for a family, but I hate the heat and the fact that my kids don't get to go apple picking or jump in the leaves in the fall. I told DH that I want to take a call trip up north so the kids can do all of those things. I miss the NH foliage too!

As far as resorts, I will never stay at all if them....DH and the kids have no interest in trying out anymore. I think they have happily found their home at CR (although they are willing to try a 1BR at BLT)!

DH went to the gym this morning and I gave him a list of errands to do while he is out so I don't have to get out if my pj's, lol! Steven is starting with the low grade fever and is sooo stuffy, ped was right, cold was coming on. I haven't heard from them this morning so that means the strep is still negative. Phew!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Melissa

Although strep is usually treatable and they're over it within a few days. A cold can linger and linger and...

Hopefully he gets better soon!

Koh1977 said:
Although strep is usually treatable and they're over it within a few days. A cold can linger and linger and...

Hopefully he gets better soon!

Oh I know strep is usually easier, but I was dreading the antibiotics because we are finally on the road to healing his stomach ulcers. Now I am just hoping he can kick the cold without it developing into an infection.

Melissa

Oh I know strep is usually easier, but I was dreading the antibiotics because we are finally on the road to healing his stomach ulcers. Now I am just hoping he can kick the cold without it developing into an infection.

Melissa

Hope your little guy feels better soon. It's been a rough winter for a lot of the RC kids. And of course that makes it tough on all the mamas! :grouphug:

Sue, :yay: If you would like to be added to the RC list, please give me your dates! And congrats on making an RC! :cool1:

Hi Janet, just getting caught up on this thread. My dates are
Pop Aug 17
GF Aug 18 - 20
YC Aug 20 - Sept 1 :goodvibes
Thanks.

Now if you can stop me from adding days :rotfl: Having an AP is a dangerous thing!

Marie Wow, I'm just getting caught up and saw your post about your husband :grouphug: Glad he's doing better. How scary for you. It didn't make the news here in BC, odd.
You will be in my thoughts & prayers pixiedust: for a continued recovery.

I did a very quick search of this thread so I apologize if this question has been asked before. Long story short, I became a resort changer yesterday. With 28 days until my trip, I changed from CBR to POR :). My question, I already received Mickey Mail & DME tags for CBR. Will I get new Mickey Mail for POR with new DME tags? Should have asked the CM yesterday but I was so worried about getting off the phone before the resort change surprise was ruined. I am taking my mother and don't want her to know I changed resorts until we get there or at least till I take her to the POR DME line ;)

chrisc88 said:
I did a very quick search of this thread so I apologize if this question has been asked before. Long story short, I became a resort changer yesterday. With 28 days until my trip, I changed from CBR to POR :). My question, I already received Mickey Mail & DME tags for CBR. Will I get new Mickey Mail for POR with new DME tags? Should have asked the CM yesterday but I was so worried about getting off the phone before the resort change surprise was ruined. I am taking my mother and don't want her to know I changed resorts until we get there or at least till I take her to the POR DME line ;)

I believe so, but I'm not positive. (Might depend on timing of the RC so I will let the others answer your question). Yeah for a surprise RC! They're the best kind I think. :-)

Ok Magic I'm not doing quite as good as you on staying at all the resorts but I'm not doing too bad. The resorts that I still need to stay at are GF, Poly, CR (I have stayed at BLT so that's close), POFQ, AOA and all the All Stars. Not too bad for a California girl!!! I've also stayed at all three at DL ... GC, DL Hotel and Paradise Pier.

PS .... that wasn't me dancing on the tables at Piano Bob .... maybe Janet???? :rotfl2:

You are one amazing bi-coastal RCer :cool1:. Never say never, so I predict probably only one stay at a DL Resort for me ever. Which one would you recommend? :listen: Hmmmm, unless I make it a 3-way split stay! :lmao:

I wonder how many RCers prefer only staying specific resorts vs. staying at as many as possible?

Happy Sunday, ladies! :grouphug:

Jen: :cheer2: Someone's so excited. Will send you an email in a bit... :hug:

Magic: After having tried and loved Poly, then BC and POR and YC and now CR, I think I'm falling somewhere in the middle. I've still got WL and AKL to check off the list. :goodvibes Maybe a Pop and/or AoA in there somewhere. GG does indeed get special commendation for her bi-coastal changeroos. Those long flights make me :faint:

Linda: How's your DD? Any word from the docs?

If I were you, I'd just give ME a call... they can send you out new tags. I had to do the same when we changed for our last trip. You can also give them a call if you need additional luggage tags. :goodvibes Their number is: (866) 599-0951

Missoutandabout said:
If I were you, I'd just give ME a call... they can send you out new tags. I had to do the same when we changed for our last trip. You can also give them a call if you need additional luggage tags. :goodvibes Their number is: (866) 599-0951

Thank you. I will do that tomorrow afternoon so I can keep the surprise.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter