Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

Linda, safe travels, hope DD finger is healing nicely... hey your December trip is already very "budget-friendly"! :goodvibes We can exist on chocolate croisants, diet coke and maybe sign on with Piano Bob to sing/dance for tips?? :laughing:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say I snagged a GV CL room at the Poly! :banana:

4. MAGIC...itis!

MAGIC...itis! Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Res

Gwynne, we sure liked it. But then we are pretty big CR fans. Not everyone is. The CR CL CMs (that's a mouthful!) are pretty darned good IMO. And the size of the room, that view, and the offerings are all fine. I like the both side Tower rooms just fine. It depends entirely on my budget as to which I'd pick for any given trip. , As mentioned already here, you can't go wrong on room choice with that swell CL lounge view.

We do similar season-based resort choices. :thumbsup2

Then we can say Howdy Neighbor! [​IMG]

Glad to hear :goodvibes I hope you guys can swing a trip. The doctor surely would approved ordering a WDW trip for relaxed healing.:wizard:

We have. ::yes::

Glad to hear POFQ is emerging as your defendable fave. We are also doing CRT for our next Anniversary trip. DH's idea! :faint: We were walking under the Castle and Dh said, "What's this?" He goes over and chats with the nice Cm at the podium, and he proclaimed it a must-do. Well, if we must!!!:joker:

:tinker: It REALLY is Disney at it's finest.

We're planning Cabins for next March. :thumbsup2 I can see DH now in his snazzy racing fire suit revving up the golf cart!!! :lmao: Actually should be more his speed anyway!!! :moped:

Me too. Love vintage Disney-ana. :lovestruc ...As for tent camping... there's rugged and then there's rugged. ;) I like the "idea" of rugged by staying rugged sounding and rugged looking Resorts. [​IMG]

Bummer. Hope you feel better soon! :)

Have fun in So Cal. ...New plans means lots of time to anticipate the Diva trip next year. Fun Fun! :cool1:

CONGRATS!!! :banana: That's a great idea! Love it! :love:

Yes, but it was a while ago. We got a good coupon on restau****.com back then and decided to try it. I seem to remember Pluto or Goofy or both. Sorry I'm not much help. The food was fine. Lots of it and lots of variety. And yes there are different night with different themes.

Sorry I wasn't on here much for a while. What are you doing your schooling in?

Like I said, signing and dancing on the tables with lampshades on head...:rolleyes1

5. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Yeah for the Poly!! And CL no less! :-)

6. Janet B

Janet B DIS Veteran

:woohoo: Dani, do you have dates?? :goodvibes

:rotfl: OK, you must get a pix of DH in his souped up golf cart ... Maybe he can add racing stripes (removeable kind) to make it a little more formidable?:teeth:

Yes, Magic, show us how it's done!! :rotfl2:

7. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

There are a lot that look good over there, and many of them offer a DVC discount. I'd love to try Bluezoo if Brian and I get an evening alone.
    :lmao:
    have a safe flight and a fun trip!
    :thumbsup2
    Cool! The menu looked good, and I want to try something different. The kids love Chef Mickey's but I want something new. Will have to look for coupons too. that will make it even better!

8. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

I love the possible future plans of Magic...itis and Piglets Mommy!!

Janet-You are too funny!!:rotfl:

Thanks, Melissa! I contacted the IPO's yesterday. That's usually my tell tale sign that I'm done RCing....at least for this trip. :rotfl2:

Kook-It is Regatta Club. That is a standing request from dh, unless I just can't make the #'s work. I was moving resorts and dates to make sure we'd get the discount for most of the trip. It's set now. 5 out of 7 nights, Yes! I will hop on the Contemporary thread tomorrow. I have a lot of reading to do! :cool1:

Wookie, I hope you get to take your San Antonio trip. :goodvibes

Jen-Were you able to work out the best way to handle this? 2.5% would drive me crazy, too! :headache:

Have a lovely trip, GG!:goodvibes

Missout-Love it! You certainly know us well! :rotfl2:

Pas- Miss you, too! :hug:

Koh-POFQ is seriously wonderful! It is our favorite mod. THose goofy mask faces in the food court really aren't scary. They just look strange in photography. And then there are those delicious beignets...:thumbsup2

Haven't tried there. Another possibility- Captain's Grill at YC. It's a nice place, good food.

Janet-Thanks!! So excited!!:woohoo: About kids-they certainly do. Keeps us moms on our toes. :hug:

Dani-Yay! :yay:

Magic
    -Thank you very much! I so appreciate all the suggestions and information from RC friends. :goodvibes

Can't wait for Idol tonight! I gotta get busy, get those bratwurst cooking.
    Waving hi to all the RC friends! :wave:

9. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

Just a quick hello from me! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

10. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

Thank you both. I just made it to class and I think I shouldn't have gotten those chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A. They are not sitting too well on my tummy. Hopefully, I can make it through class and the hour drive home.

If I wasn't feeling like something that was ran over by every bus on WDW property, I would so want to be at your house tonight for dinner.

I hope you are having one as well.

Sitting besides me in class is a 7 inch Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Since I have been sick and are in class tonight, I didn't get to make my DH anything for a birthday dinner. His birthday is today. WOO HOO!! We both turned 37 today!! I don't admit being a year older from January 10 - March 11, since he teases me about being older than he is doing that time.

Our WDW trip is still the same. Tomorrow morning is ADR day. I can start making them at 7 AM, Mickey time right (which would be 6 AM my time).

On our tax return, I found out there was a hold up. It seems that every return filed before February 26, that had an Education Credit, would ping the IRSs computer system as having missing paperwork, even when all the paperwork was present. The problem was not fixed until March 9. Since we filed ours on February 2, ours was one of the ones with this problem. The IRS didn't start processing ones with Education Credits until February 14th. They are sending the returns to the ones in order of the day they were accepted. Since mine was accepted on day 2 (February 15th), it shouldn't be any longer than 2 weeks (per the lady at H&R Block) for us to get our return. For now, all I can do is check the IRS mobile app for keeping track of your return. It would get us the money in enough time to go to San Antonio (if we get it in the next two weeks) we are just not going to count on making the trip.

11. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Awww HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOOKIE!:cool1::cool1::cool1:
    It was also my Dad's b-day today too, we just finished up Chinese and cake!:goodvibes

On a sad note, it is being reported that the 13 year old that was found unconscious in the Pop Century Pool on Sunday has died. So so sad for that family, I cannot even imagine the pain. :sad2:

12. letthewookiewin

Thank you, but technically mine was on January 10th. I just don't admit being a year old until today (the DH's birthday). :lmao: Which reminds me, I need to change the DH's age in my siggy

That is so sad. My heart truly goes out to the family.

13. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Oh Gosh....I do need help! Sorry!! And I probably wished you Happy Birthday then too, scary. :rolleyes2

I know it is so sad, no matter how it happened, that poor family.

14. gwynne

Just in case my goofy post confused anyone...Idol is tomorrow. I don't know what I was thinking. That's what I get for attempting to multi-task while multi-quoting.

15. gwynne

The story about that 13 year old boy who lost his life is so sad. Prayers for him and his family.

16. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

I was thinking they were done with the 3 night Idol thing since they're down to 10 now.

17. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

What exactly happened?? And when was this?

18. MAGIC...itis!

MAGIC...itis! Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Res

letthewookiewin: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU and DH!!!![​IMG][​IMG]princess:[​IMG][​IMG] And Happy ADR Day tomorrow! One of my favorite days of the year!:teacher:

19. letthewookiewin

It really is. My prayers really are with that family and anyone who was at the pool at the time. I know it had to have been hard for anyone there at the time.

The DH says "thank you". I brought him home a Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. He's not happy with me "for getting him sick on his birthday", but the cake did help an iddy biddy bit.

I am really excited!! When I tried to get the DH excited about it. He pointed at his runny nose and said, "see this, I am sick."

Anyway, I'm off to bed. If I had a night like the last several, it'll take me an hour to get to sleep (thanks to coughing), I'll sleep for a couple of hours, wake up coughing, be awake 4 - 6 hours, before going off to sleep again. However, tonight if I wake up during the night, I'll stay up so I don't miss making our ADRs first thing. If I'm awake enough after I make them, I'll let y'all know how it went. If not, I'll let ya know after my nap.

20. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

pixiedust::bday:party: Happy Birthday to you and :sick: husband!!! Red Velvet Cheesecake Factory cake would cheer anyone up :rotfl2: Wish we had them here!!

21. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

I would, if my kids were young. And I did make them wear PFDs. I still have their little PFDs hanging up in the basement!! Hmmmm, time to do some house clearing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.