Our little thread of BIG Resort Changes~2013 Spring RC installment

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

If was at pop and occurred when the lifeguards were off duty...you always need to pay attention no matter how old someone is. My oldest is a lifeguard and has a hard time sitting at a pool or lake as he is constantly watching.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Just a quick "hi" as its crazy week in the life of the high school musical :) Last night was act 2 dress rehearsal. I did not go in and watch, deciding to clean out the food closets in the band storage room!!! Could we please use up a case of water before we take like 8 out of a new case. Opened cases of water do not stack well!

Tonight is a full run through without costumes ~ I'll hang out in the box office~ and tomorrow is final dress ~ that's when I take my pictures .

4. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Oh, I forgot...have a great day all !

5. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

This is exciting! You sound like you are helping out a lot.....good for you mom! Hope it all goes well a the rehearsals!:)

6. pas130

pas130 Always missing Florida....

:yay: And agreed with the cases of water...gotta love it...NOT :headache: DS12 has his big district music festival tomorrow..I can't wait..they've been practicing SO much!!

:guilty: So true! What a horrible tragedy!

:hug: Taking a schoolwork break..tired from working last night...:sick:

Hi Melissa :hug:

Happy belated birthday to your DH!! Hope you are feeling better today :hug:

:rotfl: That is very true....

NO changes!!! Haven't even cancelled my cabana...DH said it's a bit much...but it's my birthday darn it

I have a 100% average in both classes so far (but that's only the 1st week that is graded so far;)) Sinceit's an accelerated semester it's technically 2 weeks right???

I have a test to study for..another paper :sick: And I got home at 4am...but I miss my family here:grouphug:

GF GF GF GF GF GF ...not-so-subliminal message
    :cloud9: Be safe Mama!!

:hug: I KNEW IT!!!!! WAY TO GO SIS :dance3:

All good, no apology :hug: I am doing an accelerated RN to MSN (Masters in Nursing) online course, I haven't completed by baccalaureate sp???) yet, but it "bridges" to my graduate studies. So 2 courses every 8 weeks...I am kindain culture shock..ad it's only week 2 :rolleyes1

7. Grumpy Grandma

Grumpy Grandma DIS Veteran

:rotfl2:

Congrats on the snag!!! :thumbsup2

8. DetTigsGal

DetTigsGal DIS Veteran

Yeah, I pretty much live in the music hall from January until the end of March. They started putting moms in the box office at night the year we did Beauty and the Beast- that was DS19's sophomore year-so for the last five years it has been box office m-thur 6:30-8:30. This year I had a couple of others who helped too. ( most moms like to help with costumes, I can organize them but that's about it!)

DS15(Justin) is a band kid, where Brendan was chorus/orch, so since I get along with the band director I tend to take on organizing projects that drive him nuts....case in point the food closet. Next up, after the show, the three paper product cabinets - that's the real scary one!!

9. Piglets Mommy

Piglets Mommy <font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color

Happy Birthday to DH and happy bleated Birthday to you!!!

YAY:cheer2: for your ADR's! Were you able to get everything you wanted???

Hope your tax return comes through soon. Such a pain that you have to wait because of a glitch.

Feel better soon! :grouphug:
    I have been following that thread. So sad.:sad1:
    Sounds like fun! Good luck to everyone!:cool1:

10. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

I'm so far behind -- again. :crazy2:

:grouphug: to all of you.

Yay for booking your favorite place, Dani!

Wookie: Happy Birthday to your DH. :goodvibes ADRs... popcorn::

Pas: 100% is 100%. :worship: You should definitely keep the cabana. :cheer2: Best of luck to your DS12 tomorrow. :goodvibes

DetTigs: Tell 'em to break a leg... well, figuratively OF COURSE! :dance3:

Linda: How's the DD-finger situation going? :hug:

Magic: The image of a hot-rodding golf cart made me :lmao: Although, with guys, if it has a motor ... it has been modded before. :upsidedow

Koh: Have you decided yet? popcorn::

Ginny, Janet, Jen, Sue, Piglet... :grouphug: and a big "sorry" if I missed ya. My brain is toast.

~~-------------------------~~

Oh, little bit of news. Miss M, on the walk home from school yesterday, non-chalantly told me --after she went through all the stuff she did in art class -- that she placed 1st in the Author's competition amongst the Kindergartners. :eek: (Obviously what she did in art class was more important than this tidbit.) I just hope they don't ask her when she came up with the final story and we assembled the book. :lmao: So busted.

11. Grumpy Grandma

Contgrats to our little Miss M!!! princess:

12. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Yes, congrats!! :-)

13. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Still leaning heavily toward French Quarter... :-)

14. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

How wonderful! Congrats to Miss M! :cheer2:

It is a really nice resort. :banana:

15. Piglets Mommy

:grouphug:

That is awesome news! Congrats to Miss M!:thumbsup2
    :cool1: I think you will like it there!

I have a new ticker....My Nov. trip is official, as My DVC contract has closed!
    (Dates still subject to change though....otherwise, !:lmao: wouldn't be me)

16. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

Thinking of doing a room only reservation for the night we get in and then doing the package with PH tickets and deluxe dining for the remainder of the week. If I did the math right, it means we'd save about $300 and we'd be getting in later Saturday night so we could grab dinner on the way (chick-fil-a!!) and wouldn't need the extra night's worth of meals most likely...has anyone done this? Is it a huge hassle when checking in, etc.?

17. Grumpy Grandma

Congrats you are going to LOVE DVC!!!! :thumbsup2

18. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Monorail and boat can't be beat with kiddos!

I was really happy to get a brand spankin' new room since Hawaii just reopened today. ;)

Yes and post-cruise will be so busy, we won't really enjoy the resort anyway. This is better for me.

Thanks!!!

We are Poly CL addicts. ;) :woohoo::rolleyes1

5/31-6/5! :thumbsup2

Very, very sad. I am heartbroken for that family.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thanks Linda!

Congrats Miss M!!! :yay:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a new issue. I HATE the look of the new rooms. They ruined my beloved Poly. :sad1: I am going to keep my ressie anyway because we still love the resort and CL CM's...and the monorail and boat while traveling alone with the kids is a godsend. Just very sad they ruined her. :sad2:

wookie A very happy birthday to you and your DH! Sorry I missed it yesterday.

19. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good choice to me! :goodvibes

Wa-hooooo. Congrats on the closing. :woohoo: And the bolded bit: but of course! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Sounds like another good idea especially if you're getting in late. Would you be changing resorts, like from a value to POFQ? Since it would be two separate reservations, I don't think it would be that big a deal for the check-in CMs although you there might be a chance you have to change rooms if staying at the same resort. I'm sure one of these RCers has done what you've mentioned... they've done it all at some point. :lmao:

What were they thinking with those bolster pillows?! :eek: :rolleyes: (The tile in the bathroom looks nice but I can't recall what the old tile looked like.) Like you said though, the beauty of the rest of it remains unchanged: the convenience and the resort itself. :love:

Thanks so much ladies. :grouphug: I'm a proud momma. (She's just so "whatever" about it. Have the teenage years started already? :laughing: )

20. Piglets Mommy

We usually fly in early in the day, so I haven't done this, but I would do just what you are thinking if I were to take a late flight in. No need to buy an extra night on the DDP if you will be eating at the airport anyway. The only time I might ot would be if I had a few 2 credit TS places and needed the extra TS credit.
    Thanks!!!! I am so excited!!!
    I am not a big fan of them either. That black and white tile in the bathrooms just doen't look "Polynesian" to me at all...more French country than anything. People said the Poly was dated before, but I don't like this at all. My only hope is that others will agree, and won't stay there, so rates will go down, and we can stay for less (one can dream, right????:scratchin)

21. Koh1977

Koh1977 DIS Veteran

We'll be driving, but still...I'm guessing we won't get in until dinner time or late afternoon at the earliest and 1 meal OOP would be cheaper than another day on the deluxe dining plan! We usually have a couple signature dinners, but I try to couple them with a brunch type character meal or something anyway. :-)

We're planning to surprise the kids with this trip. The question is do we tell them we're going somewhere else and pack and drive and then lo and behold we end up at Disney instead? Or do we wake them up with the car packed and tell them we're going to Disney right then and there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.