Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

11/17/15: Animal Kingdom/Epcot

Onto our next day at the Parks and my FP plans for this day. We will be heading over to AK for park opening at 9am. Since we are planning on getting there at opening, I’m planning on saving my FP selections for the afternoon/evening at Epcot.

The plan for this morning will be to hit all the usual biggies. I hope I won’t regret not getting FP’s for this visit, but I’m not too worried because the plan is to head back to AK the next day for EMH hours so we can always hit up anything we miss this day. We plan on having lunch at Flame Tree BBQ and will be heading out of the park soon after lunch.

We may head back to CSR or just head straight over to Epcot. If we end up riding Kali then we may HAVE to head back to CSR first! UGH…I hate walking around in wet clothes!!

I’m hoping to arrive at Epcot around 3pm. I have to say this is the day I’m struggling with most regarding FP selections. The Tier System, the fact I cannot ride Mission Space (no good for the tummy), and Keith doesn’t ride Soarin’ (height/flying issues). I’m thinking about splitting up for a bit so he can FP Mission Space and I can FP Soarin’ and then we can meet back up, or we can hit MS at the beginning of his FP time and then head over Soarin’ for me to ride that toward the end of the FP window. Anyway, here are my thoughts:

· 3-4pm: Test Track

· 4-5pm: Mission Space (Keith) and Soarin’ (me)

· 7-8pm: Spaceship Earth

· Try for a Illuminations FP once we use the Spaceship Earth Fast pass (doubt there will be any left since it will be close to Illuminations time, but will give it a try)

We have a dinner ADR at San Angel Inn at 5pm on this day and I’m looking forward to it. I love the atmosphere, I’m a little worried Mr. Picky won’t find anything he likes to eat but he insists on eating here as well. Of course I’m keeping my fingers crossed we get a table near the water. :lovestruc

There you have it our AK/Epcot day and Fast Pass plans. Please share your thoughts and suggestions. I make my selections in less than 2 weeks!!

So, I guess I am being "that Mom" who has to share pictures of the kiddos heading back to school! ;)

Miss Emma headed back last week and she is in the 4th Grade...unbelievable to me! Growing up way too fast:

LBjhpgJ.jpg

Then we have Mr. Joey who went back this week and is in the 3 year old class. He only goes from 8:30 to noon every day, but he loves every minute!

ikdEgFh.jpg

So, there you have it...my munchkins!

I love this plan! You both get to ride your favorite, then meet back up! :thumbsup2

Miss Emma headed back last week and she is in the 4th Grade...unbelievable to me! Growing up way too fast:

LBjhpgJ.jpg

Then we have Mr. Joey who went back this week and is in the 3 year old class. He only goes from 8:30 to noon every day, but he loves every minute!

ikdEgFh.jpg

So, there you have it...my munchkins!
CUTIES!!!!! :cutie:

i like your plans! no i don't think your going to have any issues on AK rides.. i am sure your going to be walks ons! Epcot is way better and i love your FP's!

YAY for pictures of the kiddies!!! SO ADORABLE!!!

I love this plan! You both get to ride your favorite, then meet back up! :thumbsup2

CUTIES!!!!! :cutie:

I'm hoping to time it right so he can ride his Mission Space Ride while I wait (and people watch) and then head over to Soarin'. Then we can then both take a ride on Living with the Land (one of my favorites). :)

Thanks!

i like your plans! no i don't think your going to have any issues on AK rides.. i am sure your going to be walks ons! Epcot is way better and i love your FP's!

YAY for pictures of the kiddies!!! SO ADORABLE!!!

I'm pretty confident that we won't need FP's for AK this morning, but I guess we will have to wait and see. ;)

Thanks...I'm glad the kiddies are back in school. They both do much better on a schedule, but now life is crazy again, but that is ok! It is about to get a bit more crazy because we just signed up my DS for a tumbling class at my DD's dance studio. We took him over there the other day to pick up his sister from dance and the boy did NOT want to leave...he wanted to stay and dance! I talked to the Director and she let me know there was still space in the Tiny Tot Tumbling class so he will start next week...LOL!

11/18/15: Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios/Magic Kingdom (maybe)! Bonus: need CSR suggestions

This is scheduled to be a jam packed day which always makes a fun time with Fast Passes! So, we are starting our day off again and AK, but this time for EMH hours. We have a Tusker House Breakfast ADR at 9:35am. Super excited about this meal. We usually never do breakfast ADR’s and this trip we have 2 scheduled (both character meals…sorry Hubby).

We will have 1 ½ hours to hit up any rides before breakfast that we may have missed the day before or want to ride again. J Our visit to AK the day before is really going to dictate what we do this day. I’ve scheduled for us to head out of AK around 12:30, and heading over to HS (back to CSR first if we rode Kali).

I’m taking the same approach in regards to FP’s as I did with our previous visit to AK, I think with EMH morning hours we won’t have too much of an issue getting on the must do rides, and think I will be saving our FP’s for Hollywood Studios.

I’m hoping to arrive at HS around 1:30 or so, and here are my FP plans:

· 2-3pm: Tower of Terror

· 3-4pm: Star Tours

· 4-5pm: Toy Story

We have an early dinner ADR at Sci-Fi at 4:35pm. The plan is to hit Toy Story right at the beginning of our Fast Pass time of 4pm. Can I just say I’m super excited about this ride? I went on it on our last trip but had to ride it solo, so I’m excited to ride it with DH (and hopefully beat him)!

If we were unable to see F! on our arrival, then we will stay at HS for the evening and see F!. If we did see F! on arrival day then we will head over to MK for Evening EMH hours! I will check FP availability for MK after we use the Toy Story FP.

There you have it my FP plans for 11/18/15! I will be making our FP selections next Tuesday night/Wednesday early morning!!

I will also be able to do my online check in next week as well. I went back and forth on whether or not to do the online check in, but I finally decided to go ahead and do it…in hopes that this will help with our room being ready upon arrival.

I would love any recommendations on the requests I should submit from others that have stayed at CSR before. Keith and I are thinking (well, let’s be honest I'm thinking) about requesting the Ranchos section…it seems so peaceful and quiet!

hxSnOOH.jpg

aMak376.jpg

both images courtesy of wdwmagic.com

Whenever the day gets crazy I just stare at these pictures and remind myself we will be there before we know it!

w0LMpIC.jpg

WqhrmgX.jpg

pi2HwSl.jpg

all 3 images courtesy of disneyworld.com

I can’t believe a week from tonight I will be making my selections!!

I would love any recommendations on the requests I should submit from others that have stayed at CSR before. Keith and I are thinking (well, let’s be honest I'm thinking) about requesting the Ranchos section…it seems so peaceful and quiet!
I, on the other hand, did everything I could stay out of the Ranchos section. :rotfl: I lucked out and got Casitas, which is right where I wanted to be... it's gorgeous!!! I got Building #4 which was perfectly calm and serene. If I ever stay at CSR again, I would likely request this same section, just because I enjoyed it so much! :cutie:

I, on the other hand, did everything I could stay out of the Ranchos section. :rotfl: I lucked out and got Casitas, which is right where I wanted to be... it's gorgeous!!! I got Building #4 which was perfectly calm and serene. If I ever stay at CSR again, I would likely request this same section, just because I enjoyed it so much! :cutie:

I have definitely gone back and forth between Ranchos and Casitas! To be honest I would be perfectly happy in either one. Maybe it's time to sit the Hubby down and show him the different sections and tell him to decide. ;) Though I'm pretty certain he will say he doesn't really care either way, but at least he then feels like he is involved in the decision making process. ;) Thanks for your feedback, Billie, I love reading your thoughts and opinions on my plans..you have always been more than helpful! :flower3:

ohhh it's SO PRETTY!!!! just so so pretty!!!

Great choices on your FP!
i make mine in 6 days!

Plans are looking great thus far :) And I don't think you'll have any issues with AK without any FastPasses, especially in the morning. It's usually pretty quiet early on, and if you're not planning on doing too much there, even if the waits get a bit lengthier as the day goes on, it won't be as much of a bother to wait it out.

One quick mention though - if you're planning on FastPassing Test Track for both of you, you won't be able to FastPass Soarin' for yourself. Each person can only have one FP for the first tier. If you want to split up to both ride your favorite rides though, my suggestion would be to possibly try the single rider line for Test Track? You do get separated for that one as well (though sometimes people still end up riding in the same car, just behind one another instead of next to each other) but it should be a minimal wait, as opposed to Soarin' which doesn't have such a line and is bound to be a long wait later in the day.

ohhh it's SO PRETTY!!!! just so so pretty!!!

Great choices on your FP!
i make mine in 6 days!

I still can't believe we are staying there...I've been wanting to stay at a moderate for so long! It just looks so peaceful and relaxing...I'm hope the quiet doesn't drive me crazy since I'm not used to peace and quiet. :)

Plans are looking great thus far :) And I don't think you'll have any issues with AK without any FastPasses, especially in the morning. It's usually pretty quiet early on, and if you're not planning on doing too much there, even if the waits get a bit lengthier as the day goes on, it won't be as much of a bother to wait it out.

One quick mention though - if you're planning on FastPassing Test Track for both of you, you won't be able to FastPass Soarin' for yourself. Each person can only have one FP for the first tier. If you want to split up to both ride your favorite rides though, my suggestion would be to possibly try the single rider line for Test Track? You do get separated for that one as well (though sometimes people still end up riding in the same car, just behind one another instead of next to each other) but it should be a minimal wait, as opposed to Soarin' which doesn't have such a line and is bound to be a long wait later in the day.

This is why I :love: my disboard friends! Thanks for the reminder about the Darn Tier System. I like your suggestion of using the single rider line at Test Track. I wish I did better on Mission Space, but the last 2 times I rode it I came off feeling pretty oozy (and we rode the green side), just not a pleasant feeling. :( I think I will have to bypass Everest for the same reason which makes me so sad!!! I love that ride, but last year when I rode the backwards part really made me feel ill.

Thanks again for the reminder. I will have to do some updating on that day...only 5 more sleeps and I will be making my selections!!

Missed a couple of updates - since school is back in session and work is crazy - I have gotten behind on everyone's PTR/TR including my own!

Wow! That could definitely cause some issues for all involved. My daughter attends a charter school and they had their share of drama at the end of the school year (mainly the high school campus), but it made us discuss the possibility of looking at other schools for her. However, the drama did not seem to involve the elementary/middle school so we ultimately decided to keep her where she is!
I know all about this...one of my good friends (we use to work together at hospice) has daughters that attend school there. She was really involved since her oldest was going into 9th grade this year and she has a set of twins that are in 6th grade this year. She loved the school and was super upset when all this happened!

We will probably grab a QS dinner after ToT (best for me to eat after ToT)! We still haven’t decided where we will be eating dinner at HS, Pizza Planet seems to be a front runner right now.
I may be in the minority but our family thinks Pizza Planet is the best QS at HS so it sounds good to me!

We are in the 70's!!!! 79 days to go!!!
It will be here before you know it!

· 3-4pm: Test Track

· 7-8pm: Spaceship Earth
Since Test Track and Soarin' are both Tier One, will you be able to book both of those for you? I'm not 100% sure but you may want to have a back up plan! :worried:

So, I guess I am being "that Mom" who has to share pictures of the kiddos heading back to school! ;)
Love the pictures and they are so cute! Glad you shared!

We have never stayed at CSR so I can't give any input on which area but I have to say that we visited the resort and ate in the food court after playing putt putt and the view of the resort/lake at night is absolutely beautiful! And romantic!

Missed a couple of updates - since school is back in session and work is crazy - I have gotten behind on everyone's PTR/TR including my own!

I know all about this...one of my good friends (we use to work together at hospice) has daughters that attend school there. She was really involved since her oldest was going into 9th grade this year and she has a set of twins that are in 6th grade this year. She loved the school and was super upset when all this happened!

I may be in the minority but our family thinks Pizza Planet is the best QS at HS so it sounds good to me!

It will be here before you know it!

Since Test Track and Soarin' are both Tier One, will you be able to book both of those for you? I'm not 100% sure but you may want to have a back up plan! :worried:

Love the pictures and they are so cute! Glad you shared!

We have never stayed at CSR so I can't give any input on which area but I have to say that we visited the resort and ate in the food court after playing putt putt and the view of the resort/lake at night is absolutely beautiful! And romantic!

I understand the craziness of back to school and if my day at work wasn't crazy I think I would be a bit concerned.

Thanks for the input on Pizza Planet, I would like to try it out so that is my choice. When I asked my husband what he thought I get the typical "I don't know what I'm going to want to eat in 2 months...I don't know what I want for lunch today!" LOL

You are absolutely right about TT and Soarin' both being in Tier One that was an oversight on my part...thanks to you and @MarieLightning I have time to rethink those FP plans before my 60 day mark! :)

I have never even visited CSR so I cannot wait to see it in person! I looks so pretty and peaceful. I know I am going to be so giddy when we are pulling up for the first time (mental note: make sure DH is driving when we arrive to avoid an accident from utter giddiness)!

Hello! I'm back and caught up. Hopefully I can keep it that way this time...
It looks like none of our plans overlap. I couldn't believe it! Even on the day you visit three different parks -- "11/18/15: Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios/Magic Kingdom (maybe)" we are at Epcot! How does that happen? LOL

Hello! I'm back and caught up. Hopefully I can keep it that way this time...
It looks like none of our plans overlap. I couldn't believe it! Even on the day you visit three different parks -- "11/18/15: Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios/Magic Kingdom (maybe)" we are at Epcot! How does that happen? LOL

No! What are the odds of that? You know based on my TR...my plans could always change..lol!

11/19/15: Epcot/Magic Kingdom (MVMCP!)

Since I will be making my FP Selections tomorrow night at midnight, I thought it best to get my final FP plans down!! J First though I’m backing up a bit to make a revision to my Epcot FP Plans for 11/17/15 that I reported on. Due to the wonderful reminders from my Disfriends I need to make some changes because I had selected FP’s from attractions that both fell into Tier 1 (darn Tier System).

So, here is the revision for my 11/17/15 at Epcot:

· 3-4pm: Spaceship Earth

· 4-5pm: Mission Space (I will get a FP for both of us, but will probably sit out while Keith rides)

· 7-8pm: Test Track

Thanks again for the Disers who pointed out my oversight!

Now onto 11/19/15 (our last day at the Parks, but our 1st ever Disney Party)!

We will be heading to Epcot because we have a Pre-Park Opening Breakfast ADR at Garden Grill at 8:30am!! Super excited about this one. ;) Because of the pre-park opening time, I’m hoping once we finish our breakfast I can go jump in the standby line for Soarin’. I’m not planning on doing any Fast Passes for this morning, and I’m saving them for the afternoon at MK. We will hit up anything we missed during our prior visit and maybe catch some things we want to do again. However, we don’t plan on staying too late because we definitely want to have some time back at the resort to rest since we have MVMCP this night. I’m planning for us to head back to CSR around Noon. We will most likely grab some lunch at the Pepper Market at CSR at some point during our break. I probably won’t rest that much, I will want to pack up as much as I can so I don’t have to worry about it after the party or the next morning before hitting the road. If weather permits I might head over to the pool for a bit.

We will head over to MK around 3pm, and here are the FP plans for that after (pre-party hours):

· 4-5pm: 7DMT

· 5-6pm: Pirates

· 6-7pm: Thunder Mountain

Then it is party time!!! We will most likely not last until Midnight, but we will do our best!

There you have it…all the Fast Plans for our trip have been laid out. Tomorrow at midnight I will be logged in and ready to go and see what I can grab. I will sure to provide you all an update on how it went!

I also wanted to provide a quick update regarding my CSR requests. As I last mentioned I was thinking about Ranchos, but was going back and forth. So, I showed Keith a map and pointed out all the main spots on the map (Food court, main pool, etc), and asked him to pick which area he liked. I also showed him some pictures of the different areas. He told me he likes Ranchos…well there you go decision is made. I’m going to request Ranchos and for my 2nd choice probably a higher floor. Like I have mentioned before I am not too picky because I am just so excited to be staying at CSR.

I can’t believe it’s already time for me to make our FP selections tomorrow night!!! I swear I was just doing the Double Digit Dance, and now I’m almost to our 60 day mark!

I was reading through this PTR the other day from the beginning and I have to thank everyone for following along and all the great advice that has been offered! I’m really enjoying writing this PTR and I’m certainly looking forward to writing my TR (though I will be sad because I know at that point it will be over).

Quick update!

Another payment made this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One one more left and it will be paid off!! Woohoo!!!!!
So, I was chatting with the Hubby last night about Fast Passes for Epcot and I mentioned getting a FP for Mission Space...come to find out that he does NOT want to go on that. He told me last time we went on it he felt so sick...who knew?? So, what does that mean? Yep, you guessed it I had to rethink out FPs for Epcot (again)!!!!!!!

Here you go:

3-4pm: Spaceship Earth

4-5pm: Nemo (we had to pick something from Tier 2)

7-8pm: Test Track (the DH liked the idea of riding this at night)

Now what else am I missing? Oh yeah!!!! I do my FP selections tonight!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!

Just a thought on your Tier 2...

DH and I went to Turtle Talk with Crush even though we don't have kids just because it is really fun and funny what the kids will say to Crush. We sat in the back and Crush actually called me out at one point!!! It was so cute, he pointed to the nice woman in the red shell (red shirt) next to the man in the grey shell (DH). The fun thing about this is it will always be different because it is an interactive show. :)

Edit: oh duh!! Good luck tonight!!

Just a thought on your Tier 2...

DH and I went to Turtle Talk with Crush even though we don't have kids just because it is really fun and funny what the kids will say to Crush. We sat in the back and Crush actually called me out at one point!!! It was so cute, he pointed to the nice woman in the red shell (red shirt) next to the man in the grey shell (DH). The fun thing about this is it will always be different because it is an interactive show. :)

Edit: oh duh!! Good luck tonight!!

We did Turtle Crush during our last trip and had a wonderful experience!!! They called out my DD and she all of sudden became shy, so Crush ended up talking to my DH...SO FUNNY!! One of my favorite moments on the trip. I will keep this in mind as an option as well...thanks!

TONIGHT!!! You can make them TONIGHT!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Its getting so so close. i cannot believe it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter