Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

I would have to agree! :)

Do your kids start school on Monday? I told my daughter's teacher last night at open house that we were going to Disney! :-) It's the little things that make me happy!

My daughter goes back on Tuesday and my son doesn't go back until after Labor Day (he goes to a church day school program that is only 1/2 days). However, my daughter's dance schedule kicked in this week...busy girl.

I think most of the kids here in PA have gone back to school. If not, by this week. I went to school in NYC and we always went back after Labor Day, not before. Course we always got out later, too. Have spoken to a few happy parents that their kids are finally back in school. :lmao: They looked very relieved.

We also had some teachers in the area on strike. Not sure if that has been resolved. Last year, it was a mess! They were out for like the maximum they could be and the kids went all through June. They barely had a break. I know some people that pulled their kids out to homeschool or moved and switched schools and stuff. Others, had Disney trips and pulled their kids out early, since the trips were paid. I should ask my friend if it settled, her grandkids go to the school.

Last edited:
I think most of the kids here in PA have gone back to school. If not, by this week. I went to school in NYC and we always went back after Labor Day, not before. Course we always got out later, too. Have spoken to a few happy parents that their kids are finally back in school. :lmao: They looked very relieved.

We also had some teachers in the area on strike. Not sure if that has been resolve. Last year, it was a mess! They were out for like the maximum they could be and the kids went all through June. They barely had a break. I know some people that pulled their kids out to homeschool or moved and switched schools and stuff. Others, had Disney trips and pulled their kids out early, since the trips were paid. I should ask my friend if it settled, her grandkids go to the school.

Wow! That could definitely cause some issues for all involved. My daughter attends a charter school and they had their share of drama at the end of the school year (mainly the high school campus), but it made us discuss the possibility of looking at other schools for her. However, the drama did not seem to involve the elementary/middle school so we ultimately decided to keep her where she is!

Her first day back is today, and it is so hard for me to believe she is in 4th Grade! (I might have to be "that" Mom who shares a picture later today)! :)

Arrival Day Fast Pass Plans

Hello Friends!! I feel like I haven’t done an official update lately and my plans are swirling around in my head from the changes that have been made. So, I feel it will be helpful for me to get them laid out, especially since my FP day is 22 days and of course I want to share with all my friends. :)

I think it might help me to outline some FP details, and I would love some feedback!

11/15/15 – Arrival Day/DTD/Hollywood Studios:

My hope is to arrive at CSR around 1pm, but obviously this will all depend on how our drive down goes. I’m planning on doing online check-in which I hope helps to have our room ready when we arrive. I would be very happy if we get that magical text that provides our room number before we even arrive. :tinker:

I’m getting so excited to stay at CSR, they have started doing some renovations there but I’m hoping we won’t be too disturbed by them. The resort is huge so hopefully we will be far enough away from any construction that we won’t even notice. I’m part of a CSR Facebook Group and some people that are going in December have been contacted and informed they have been upgraded to a Deluxe due to a convention that is taking place there….can you imagine???? That will be the only way I would get to stay in a Deluxe any time soon…LOL.

So, if we arrive by 1pm as hoped, we will unload the car which should not be too much trouble since it will just be the 2 of us, depending on how hungry and tired we are will dictate our next steps. If we are more tired than hungry we may just chill out for a bit, but if our tummies are louder we will head to DTD for some lunch. I think we have finally decided to stick with the buses over to DTD…1) Because all the reviews I have read about how horrible the traffic is and 2) We will have been in the car all morning so it will be nice to let someone else do the driving.

Once we have visited DTD for a bit (and grabbed some yummies), we will head over to DHS. I wish there was direct transportation from DTD to the Parks, but alas since there is not we will catch a bus to one of the resorts and then take a bus to DHS. This was the only reason we were even considering driving to DTD, but I still think this way will help avoid the parking craziness that exists at DTD right now.

Here are my thoughts for DHS FP’s (EMH: 8pm-10pm):

I’m hoping to arrive around 5pm at DHS. Here are my FP plans for the evening:

· 5-6pm: Star Tours

· 6-7pm: Tower of Terror

· 7pm: Fantasmic!

Now I have read you are not able to overlap FP times (ex: can’t have a FP from 5-6pm and one from 5:30-6:30pm), does anyone know if that is the case?

We will probably grab a QS dinner after ToT (best for me to eat after ToT)! We still haven’t decided where we will be eating dinner at HS, Pizza Planet seems to be a front runner right now.

I imagine us heading out of the park around 9pm at the latest….I guess that all depends on if we had a chance to rest when we first arrived at CSR. Not to mention the next day we plan to be up in time for Morning EMH hours at MK!

I would love any recommendations or advice, please feel free to share!

You are correct, you cannot have less than one hour between FP+. But, if you get done early with your FP+, you can always try and move up the next FP. I did that a few times. Also, if I got to an attraction that I had a FP+ for, but there was no wait, I would go in the SB line, and then try and switch that FP+ for another one.

I think your FP is perfect. As long as your in line at the start of the times... like your 5-6 be there at 5 you can book it over to ToT then over to F.

You are correct, you cannot have less than one hour between FP+. But, if you get done early with your FP+, you can always try and move up the next FP. I did that a few times. Also, if I got to an attraction that I had a FP+ for, but there was no wait, I would go in the SB line, and then try and switch that FP+ for another one.

Thanks for the confirmation and the suggestion!!

I think your FP is perfect. As long as your in line at the start of the times... like your 5-6 be there at 5 you can book it over to ToT then over to F.

Thanks! My main goal for this day is to catch F!, that way it will free up our Wednesday evening to go back to MK for EMH! :)

Everything looks great!!

Thanks so much!!

We are in the 70's!!!! 79 days to go!!!

Well, my daughter started back to school this week (still can't believe she is in 4th Grade)!! My son heads back to his church day school next Tuesday. I know once we get back into the full groove of things with school and all other activities this trip will be here before I know it!!

11/16/15: Magic Kingdom Day!!!

Thanks for all the feedback on my FP’s for 11/15/15. Now onto Monday, 11/16/15! This will be our first full day in the Parks, and we always like to spend a full day at the Magic Kingdom. We are hoping to arrive for Morning EMH hours on this day, and I want to be there early enough to catch the Morning Show. Needless to say it will be a very early morning for us. Plans are just to eat something in the room for breakfast and then have an early QS lunch at MK.

I’m hoping we are able to do quite a few rides during EMH and the 1st hour after regular park opening. Here are my FP plans for the day:

· 10-11am – Space Mountain

· 11am-12pm - Buzz Lightyear (I just want to beat DH at this so bad!!)

· 1-2pm – 7DMT

Of course I am most worried about getting 7DMT. I’ve been reading that FP’s are a lot like ADR’s where it is easier to grab them for days later in your trip, but I would love to have this one for our first day if possible. If we can’t grab one for this day then we may have to participate in the dash to 7DMT with everyone else. Does anyone know if 7DMT is opened for EMH Morning hours?

I will try to grab some more FP’s for the remainder of the day once we use these 3, but I’m not planning specifics around those (I know…shocking!!).

We plan on having a QS lunch this day probably after we use our FP for Buzz. I’m still trying to get a Lunch ADR at BOG for this day, but not having any luck so far. If we can’t get one there we will probably eat at CHH which is one of our favorites and always a must do!

However, the meal I’m looking forward to most is of course our Dinner ADR at ‘Ohana this night!!!! I’m still so happy I was able to grab that ADR at the perfect time for this night. Woohoo!! :yay::flower1:

We finally made up our minds to stick around after dinner and watch Wishes from the Poly Beach, and because of this I think we are actually going to use our rental car to drive over to MK that monring. Since we plan on being there for Morning EMH hours I’m pretty hopeful about getting a decent parking spot. Not to mention I just love taking the ferry boat or monorail over to the Magic Kingdom at least once during the trip. I just think it will be easier once we see Wishes from the Poly Beach to grab a monorail ride to the TTC and go fetch the car (again hoping we can just walk to it since we plan to get there early).

So, there you have an overview of 11/16 and potential FP plans! :dogdance:

Yes, 7DMT is open during EMH. I am hoping to start on my last MK day and work backwards hoping to be able to get a FP+ for it. I am also going to try for one on all my days, because last year, it was down a lot and I didn't get to use one of the FP+ I had for it. I was glad I had two. We only got to ride it once.

I always liked when you took the ferry boat and the water parade was going on in the lagoon. :)

Yes, 7DMT is open during EMH. I am hoping to start on my last MK day and work backwards hoping to be able to get a FP+ for it. I am also going to try for one on all my days, because last year, it was down a lot and I didn't get to use one of the FP+ I had for it. I was glad I had two. We only got to ride it once.

I always liked when you took the ferry boat and the water parade was going on in the lagoon. :)

Thanks for confirming that 7DMT is open during Morning EMH hours. Since that is the case I won't be too disappointed if I can't grab a FP for it because we can always work it into our schedule to head there right when the park opens early if I'm not able to get one like I hope. I'm thinking about taking the same approach and working from the latest part of the trip and working backwards (same approach taken with ADRs).

Well, I have 16 days to figure it out :)

Another payment made today!! Woohoo!! 2 more to go and the package will be paid off :) So nice to see that balance coming down!

75 days to go!!!!! So excited!!!!

Yes, I totally agree with feeling so relaxed when you arrive knowing that it is all paid up. Our first family Disney trip was not done that way, and I worried more than I should have (but it was worth it anyways!)

My goal has been to pay this entire trip with cash and not to have to use any credit cards or take money from the savings. :) So far I have been able to stick to that. I will hopefully have the trip paid off by the due date of 10/1/15. Then I can focus on saving money from the remaining checks for our car rental, gas, tips and having a bit extra. I've been on a trip before where I wasn't as prepared and the money issue stressed me out a bit. I want this trip to be more relaxed with knowing we have everything covered. ;)

plans sounds PERFECT and i am jealous over your payments!! GOOD JOB!

Thanks so much! How are your plans coming? Are the kids getting excited?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter