Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

Another payment made this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One one more left and it will be paid off!! Woohoo!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOO! That's a GREAT feeling!!! :woohoo:

So, I was chatting with the Hubby last night about Fast Passes for Epcot and I mentioned getting a FP for Mission Space...come to find out that he does NOT want to go on that. He told me last time we went on it he felt so sick...who knew?? So, what does that mean? Yep, you guessed it I had to rethink out FPs for Epcot (again)!!!!!!!
Well hey, that worked out for you pretty well, I think! :thumbsup2

3-4pm: Spaceship Earth

4-5pm: Nemo (we had to pick something from Tier 2)

7-8pm: Test Track (the DH liked the idea of riding this at night)
Love your picks! I was watching a youtube of Spaceship Earth last week and it got me all emotional! I can't wait to be back there!!!!! :goodvibes

Now what else am I missing? Oh yeah!!!! I do my FP selections tonight!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!
OMG OMG OMG! Can't wait to hear how it all goes for you! :cutie:

WOOOOOOOOOOO! That's a GREAT feeling!!! :woohoo:

Well hey, that worked out for you pretty well, I think! :thumbsup2

Love your picks! I was watching a youtube of Spaceship Earth last week and it got me all emotional! I can't wait to be back there!!!!! :goodvibes

OMG OMG OMG! Can't wait to hear how it all goes for you! :cutie:

It went rather painlessly! I will provide specifics soon! :)

Hope you got all your FP selections! Can't wait to hear!

Thanks so much! :)

Pixie dust heading your way for your FP selections!

I received the pixie dust..LOL :)

Well......FP selections are chosen!!!

So, the original plan was for me to get some sleep and set my alarm for 11:45, well the sleep did not happen. I just stayed awake until it was time to log in. I logged in around 11:50 and had everything pulled up and just played around on FB until 11:59, at that point I started refreshing my MDE. All of sudden it went from just listing my name to having Keith's name as well. I went in the following order:

11/19/15 - Last Day at the parks
11/16/15 - first full day in Magic Kingdom
11/15/15 - Arrival Day/Hollywood Studios
11/17/15 - AK/Epcot (but just did FPs for Epcot)
11/18/15 - AK/HS (but just did FPs for HS)

Once all were selected, I went back and adjusted the times!

I think I'm going to take a page out of @Chicago Mo 's PTR and do a day by day rundown! I will tell you I am very happy with what I ended up with!

I also completed my online check-in this morning at CSR. I selected Ranchos and upper floor. I also selected the option that an early check-in trumps my 2 selections. I'm really hoping our room will be available when we arrive!

11/15/15: Arrival Day with FP Selections!

As I mentioned I did the online check-in for CSR. I’m hoping we will arrive around 1pm (traffic permitting). It would be ideal for our room to be ready, but we will go with the flow of whatever happens.

I have started rethinking my original plan of attack on this day as far as our lunch (imagine that). The original plan was to head over to DTD for a late lunch, but I think by the time we arrive at CSR we will be pretty hungry so I think we may just grab something from Pepper Market before heading over to DTD. My new thought is to grab an order of one of those amazing nachos and Keith and I can share it.

Image from Disneyworld.com

Image from Google Images
I would like to be over to DTD by 2:30-3pm if possible, and we have decided to take the bus because all the traffic horror stories have scared me. Since we will have grabbed some food at Pepper Market then we can just focus on looking around at the stores and if we want…grab some snacks!
Now onto my Fast Pass Selections. Unfortunately I was not able to get the times I was hoping for, but I think it will all work out in the end. My first FP is:

Star Tours!! 4:05-5:05pm
I seriously doubt we will make it in time for this FP. I’m going to keep trying to find a later time for this FP. If we miss the FP time I will try to reschedule for a later time or just try to ride standby during EMH.

Second FP is:
Tower of Terror!! 5:05-6:05pm
I think we have a better chance of catching this FP time, but it all depends on how much time we spend at DTD. Again, if we miss the window I will see if I can grab a later time or ride it during EMH hours
Our last FP is:

Fantasmic! 6:25-6:45pm
This is the one thing I want to do most of all at HS. I have never seen this show and I have vowed to see it at some point this trip! I’m fine with missing the other FP selections for this day, but I am determined to be to HS in time for this FP! J I know it will take some time to get from DTD to HS since we are depending on Disney Transportation which will involve us taking a bus to one of the resorts and then catching a HS bus over to the park. I’m guessing we should leave DTD around 5:30 to start making our way over to HS. Please feel free to share your thoughts on this or any suggestions you have for the quickest route from DTD to HS.

After F! we will spend some time there during EMH hours, I’m not sure we will stay the entire time because it will have definitely been a long day for us.
There we go! The newly updated plans for our Arrival Day! I still can’t believe we are the 60 day mark!!

Last edited:

I can't believe it either!! So, how did you FP selections go?

ugh.

I think I'm going to take a page out of @Chicago Mo 's PTR and do a day by day rundown! I will tell you I am very happy with what I ended up with!

Copy cat! LOL

So far so FANTASTIC! great choices! F! is a FANTASTIC show! I can't wait for you to see it! your going to LOVE LOVE IT!

I went in the following order:
I need to decide on an order to do mine in! :scratchin

I think I'm going to take a page out of @Chicago Mo 's PTR and do a day by day rundown!
I'm probably going to do this also! I did it for my April trip once I had FP+ and my daily itinerary spreadsheets completed, and had a lot of fun writing it all up! :cutie:

I will tell you I am very happy with what I ended up with!
HOORAY! :woohoo:

I also completed my online check-in this morning at CSR.
HOW EXCITING!!! :goodvibes

This is the one thing I want to do most of all at HS. I have never seen this show and I have vowed to see it at some point this trip!
OMG girl, you're going to loooooooove it!!! :lovestruc

ugh.

Copy cat! LOL

So far so FANTASTIC! great choices! F! is a FANTASTIC show! I can't wait for you to see it! your going to LOVE LOVE IT!

What is that saying? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" :)

I need to decide on an order to do mine in! :scratchin

I'm probably going to do this also! I did it for my April trip once I had FP+ and my daily itinerary spreadsheets completed, and had a lot of fun writing it all up! :cutie:

HOORAY! :woohoo:

HOW EXCITING!!! :goodvibes

OMG girl, you're going to loooooooove it!!! :lovestruc

Glad the selections are all complete. I may try to make some minor tweaks her and there, but over all I'm pretty happy with what I got!

Wow, there are so many ways of getting to DHS. You could use the new walkway to walk to Saratoga Springs and catch a bus at that resort. You could hop a bus to Boardwalk and then either walk or take a boat to DHS. Or, jump on the first resort bus you see and then wait at that resort for DHS. Tons of options!!

Can't wait to hear how much you love Fantasmic because I just know you will!!

Wow, there are so many ways of getting to DHS. You could use the new walkway to walk to Saratoga Springs and catch a bus at that resort. You could hop a bus to Boardwalk and then either walk or take a boat to DHS. Or, jump on the first resort bus you see and then wait at that resort for DHS. Tons of options!!

Can't wait to hear how much you love Fantasmic because I just know you will!!

We were thinking about the "catch the first resort bus we see and then get a bus to HS" option. I also like the boat option...I guess we will just wait to see what we feel like doing once we are there. ;)

What is that saying? "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

since you put it that way.

Wait!! is that a "1" at the front of my countdown ticker? woohoo...so pretty!

:rainbow:

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

43a3fcdd13d8bc894aacb18233ae6c8e.gif

Why is time standing still???? And a minor change!

I felt like time was flying by until this trip, and now all of a sudden I feel like it has come to a complete stop! :( I figure it's because the major events are through...ADR, Fast Passes and Online Check-in!

So, what does a girl do with this time on her hands....review her plans, of course! As I was looking at our plans I had an idea. As I have mentioned the plan is to leave on Sunday, 11/15/15, at 4am!! However, I thought "what if we left the night before?". My Mom will already be in town that night to watch Joey and Emma will be with her Mommy, so that is covered (and obviously the most important). My thought is to get on the road as soon as Joey is asleep which is about 8-8:30. Mom can work her magic in getting him to sleep because he goes to sleep better with her than anyone!!

We will get on the road and drive as far as we can safely do. Keith is more of a night owl so he can drive this leg of the trip. My goal would be to get to Savannah/Pooler GA area (which is our half way point). If we make it further than that those extra miles will be bonus! We will stop and sleep for a few hours and then get back on the road about 7am. I will drive this leg of the trip because I'm the morning person in the family (not really by choice, but oh well). We could potentially be down to Disney by 10 or 11am. I know that is not a huge difference then what we had already planned, but we won't be so exhausted from being up since 3am like the original plan.

I ran this idea by Keith and he was onboard! He liked this idea and thought it was a better approach (he will agree to anything that does not involve him getting up at 3am). Now, Gang, you know what this means, now that we will be arriving earlier and have more time in DTD then I feel more comfortable with making an ADR at DTD for a lunch. However, bad news is we are trying very hard to keep the TS ADRs down to just 5 for the week, so that means we may have to give up one of our others. I think the victim might be Tusker House Breakfast and the ONLY reason is because we have a breakfast ADR the following morning at Epcot at Garden Grill, and if I had to choose between the two I would like to keep Garden Grill. :duck:

I was reviewing the lunch availability at DTD and I was able to grab a 1:30 ADR at Portobello Country Italian Trattoria. Now to be honest I have not heard a lot about this place, so please share your thoughts. It was basically a process of elimination and the fact we don't have any Italian meals planned for this trip! :)

I'm glad to be getting on the road earlier even if it only puts us arriving a couple of hours ahead of what we had originally planned!

My goal would be to get to Savannah/Pooler GA area (which is our half way point). If we make it further than that those extra miles will be bonus! We will stop and sleep for a few hours and then get back on the road about 7am.
You'll be in my hood! I am 45 minutes north of there. :P Shame you won't be in town for long, I would drive down and say hello! (I actually lived in Pooler for a couple years.)

Are ya'll planning on just sleeping in the car, or taking a room for a those few hours? If car, there is a South Carolina welcome center in that area on I-95, just a few exits past the Pooler & Port Wentworth exits. That would probably be the safest place. If taking a room, I'd be happy to set you up with something off Exit 102 in a safe area at a decent price. Just lemme know if I can be of any help. :-)

I think the victim might be Tusker House Breakfast and the ONLY reason is because we have a breakfast ADR the following morning at Epcot at Garden Grill, and if I had to choose between the two I would like to keep Garden Grill. :duck:
I support this! And I think you mentioned Keith isn't super fond of character meals, anyhow. I'm really curious about the Garden Grill breakfast, I can't wait to hear all about it! :cutie:

I was reviewing the lunch availability at DTD and I was able to grab a 1:30 ADR at Portobello Country Italian Trattoria.
This place is still relatively new, but the menu looks delicious! YUM! :D

You'll be in my hood! I am 45 minutes north of there. :P Shame you won't be in town for long, I would drive down and say hello! (I actually lived in Pooler for a couple years.)

Are ya'll planning on just sleeping in the car, or taking a room for a those few hours? If car, there is a South Carolina welcome center in that area on I-95, just a few exits past the Pooler & Port Wentworth exits. That would probably be the safest place. If taking a room, I'd be happy to set you up with something off Exit 102 in a safe area at a decent price. Just lemme know if I can be of any help. :-)

I support this! And I think you mentioned Keith isn't super fond of character meals, anyhow. I'm really curious about the Garden Grill breakfast, I can't wait to hear all about it! :cutie:

This place is still relatively new, but the menu looks delicious! YUM! :D

Wow! left out a key point in that didn't I? We will get a hotel for those hours. I see us stopping around midnight or so, I really don't want to push ourselves past that point. During our November 2012 trip we broke up our trip like this (Joey was only 10 months old, so it was a necessity to stop for the night). We ended up staying in Pooler that time. I wish I could remember which hotel it was...it was reasonably priced, safe and clean.

I would love the help with a hotel, but I'm just not sure exactly where we will be when we stop. If we get tired before Pooler we will stop then, if we are still feeling good then we will press on. I guess I will have to keep my phone handy to try and find a suitable place to crash for a few hours.

Don't tell Keith, but I'm hoping to be on the road no later than 6:30am that Sunday morning. I figure he can just sleep in the car while I drive! :)

I know we all already know this but @Elevationist (aka: Billie) is amazing!!! She worked her magic for Keith and I and secured us a hotel stay for our trip down on the evening/night of 11/14/15. She got us a great price, great location, nice hotel and a free continental breakfast! It will be the perfect place for us to crash for a few hours before getting back on the road in the morning to finish the drive to Disney!

Thanks again, Billie!!! :rainbow::dogdance::butterfly:lovestruc:sunny::banana::hug::hug::hug:

So, the original plan was for me to get some sleep and set my alarm for 11:45, well the sleep did not happen.
Who can sleep when you have fast passes to make!

I also selected the option that an early check-in trumps my 2 selections. I'm really hoping our room will be available when we arrive!
Me too! I would love to get a text before we get there so we can go straight to our room. Last year check in was a nightmare, so I would love to by pass that!

This is the one thing I want to do most of all at HS. I have never seen this show and I have vowed to see it at some point this trip!
We saw it our first year and thought it was okay but we think it was because we did FPs for the show (which they had just started doing) and didn't get good seats plus we were exhausted. So we are going back this year to give it another try! Hope you love it!

Wait!! is that a "1" at the front of my countdown ticker? woohoo...so pretty!
Awesome! Isn't that a great feeling.

I felt like time was flying by until this trip, and now all of a sudden I feel like it has come to a complete stop! :( I figure it's because the major events are through...ADR, Fast Passes and Online Check-in!
Don't worry it will speed up again then you are in panic mode because you let your guard down! (or at least that is how I am feeling!) :D

However, I thought "what if we left the night before?"
This is a great idea! See what happens when you have a little time on your hands!

I'm glad to be getting on the road earlier even if it only puts us arriving a couple of hours ahead of what we had originally planned!
Plus you will probably make it to DHS earlier and will get to use all your FPs.

I know we all already know this but @Elevationist (aka: Billie) is amazing!!! She worked her magic for Keith and I and secured us a hotel stay for our trip down on the evening/night of 11/14/15. She got us a great price, great location, nice hotel and a free continental breakfast! It will be the perfect place for us to crash for a few hours before getting back on the road in the morning to finish the drive to Disney!

Thanks again, Billie!!!
Wow! That is wonderful and how sweet Billie was to do that! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter