Our Honeymoon Redo! PTR: 11/15/15 - 11/20/15 - Trip Report Link!

Who can sleep when you have fast passes to make!

Me too! I would love to get a text before we get there so we can go straight to our room. Last year check in was a nightmare, so I would love to by pass that!

We saw it our first year and thought it was okay but we think it was because we did FPs for the show (which they had just started doing) and didn't get good seats plus we were exhausted. So we are going back this year to give it another try! Hope you love it!

Awesome! Isn't that a great feeling.

Don't worry it will speed up again then you are in panic mode because you let your guard down! (or at least that is how I am feeling!) :D

This is a great idea! See what happens when you have a little time on your hands!

Plus you will probably make it to DHS earlier and will get to use all your FPs.

Wow! That is wonderful and how sweet Billie was to do that! :flower1:

I don't even know why I tried kidding myself and thought I would be able to sleep before midnight!

I went out and updated my online check-in to reflect our earlier arrival now that we are coming in a bit earlier. Now I seriously doubt our room will be ready, but that is fine. We can get checked in, make sure magic bands are working and then head to DTD.

I've been trying to see F! ever time but it just never seems to work out, so this trip it was an item on the Must Do list. :)

I know you are so right! I was doing the laundry last night and pulling out shirts I know I want to pack for the trip and started wondering if it would be too early to start packing?? I'm not planning on wearing the shirts between now and then because I'm a klutz and don't want to stain them up before we go. However, I think Keith might begin to worry about me if I start to pack this early. :(

I'm so happy we decided to do this, Keith is as well. I was thinking the same about the our HS fast passes! If we could be over to HS by 4:30 we could use the FP's...however I promised Keith we would not rush through DTD. However, he did promise me we would be there in time for F! :)

I'm so grateful Billie helped us out with the hotel. I do feel better knowing we have a place already booked and waiting for us to arrive. We were planning on stopping in Pooler, GA but she was able to find a better deal for us a few exits further south (I was fine with that because that meant we were just that much closer to Disney)!

Leaving early, having a romantic pit stop to start of the trip, and some pixie dust from @Elevationist - woo hoo!

I don't know how much romance will be happening, we will most likely just crash but I like the thought!! :)

Great job BILLIE!!! GREAT JOB!
YAY for extra hours! I am so happy for you! i wish i lived closer to Disney.. 18 hours is harsh!!!

I am so very excited for you!!!

YAY for extra hours! I am so happy for you! i wish i lived closer to Disney.. 18 hours is harsh!!!

I am so very excited for you!!!

Thanks Mo!! Billie is awesome!! :)

I can't even imagine an 18 hour drive!!! What route do you take from Chicago? I've been to Chicago a number of times (the Company I work for has it's headquarters there), but I would not be brave enough to drive there. It would not be safe for anyone...LOL.

Are your kids getting excited for the trip?

I know we all already know this but @Elevationist (aka: Billie) is amazing!!! She worked her magic for Keith and I and secured us a hotel stay for our trip down on the evening/night of 11/14/15. She got us a great price, great location, nice hotel and a free continental breakfast! It will be the perfect place for us to crash for a few hours before getting back on the road in the morning to finish the drive to Disney!

Thanks again, Billie!!! :rainbow::dogdance::butterfly:lovestruc:sunny::banana::hug::hug::hug:

Wow! That is wonderful and how sweet Billie was to do that! :flower1:

Leaving early, having a romantic pit stop to start of the trip, and some pixie dust from @Elevationist - woo hoo!

I'm so grateful Billie helped us out with the hotel. I do feel better knowing we have a place already booked and waiting for us to arrive. We were planning on stopping in Pooler, GA but she was able to find a better deal for us a few exits further south (I was fine with that because that meant we were just that much closer to Disney)!

Billie is awesome!! :)
Ladies, ladies... Just doing my job. Happy to help. *hat tip* :blush: :blush: :blush:

I know you are so right! I was doing the laundry last night and pulling out shirts I know I want to pack for the trip and started wondering if it would be too early to start packing?? I'm not planning on wearing the shirts between now and then because I'm a klutz and don't want to stain them up before we go. However, I think Keith might begin to worry about me if I start to pack this early. :(
Girl, I have been doing the same thing for months! ::yes:: All the new shirts I've bought as well as ones I already have that I want to take on the trip, they get hung up in a special DO NOT TOUCH UNTIL DISNEY section of my closet! The nightgowns I'm taking are in that section also, as well as the capris I just bought! And I'm about add the shorts as soon as it cools off enough to just wear jeans everyday (which won't be going on the trip). Granted, I can do this sort of stuff as early as I like because I don't have a DH, and my cats don't judge me. :laughing:

Last edited:

Girl, I have been doing the same thing for months! ::yes:: All the new shirts I've bought as well as ones I already have that I want to take on the trip, they get hung up in a special DO NOT TOUCH UNTIL DISNEY section of my closet! The nightgowns I'm taking are in that section also, as well as the capris I just bought! And I'm about add the shorts as soon as it cools off enough to just wear jeans everyday (which won't be going on the trip). Granted, I can do this sort of stuff as early as I like because I don't have a DH, and my cats don't judge me. :laughing:

Yup. I always start putting away trip clothing months before the trip. Literally, months. Besides keeping things looking great, it actually curbs my shopping because my clothes feel "new" again!

Well, I guess I have a good project for this weekend...make a special "Don't wear until Disney" section of my closet. This way Keith doesn't think I'm completely crazy by bringing out the suitcase!

I can't even imagine an 18 hour drive!!! What route do you take from Chicago? I've been to Chicago a number of times (the Company I work for has it's headquarters there), but I would not be brave enough to drive there. It would not be safe for anyone...LOL.

Are your kids getting excited for the trip?

we do 65 to 24 to 75
easy peasy! but long as heck!!!

Meghan is over the moon excited especially to see everyone. I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THERE!!!!!!!!!

we do 65 to 24 to 75
easy peasy! but long as heck!!!

Meghan is over the moon excited especially to see everyone. I CANNOT WAIT TO GET THERE!!!!!!!!!

I still could not imagine a drive like that ;( but it is all worth it when you see the Welcome to Disney World sign!!

So, I'm in the Disney Planning doldrums! It's gone from being soooo excited to just be "eh"! I hate it! Now Keith on the other hand is starting to get excited and now wants to talk about all our plans! Really??? I've been trying to talk plans with that man for months and now that I'm "eh" he wants all the details. I'm hoping it is just because I'm having a pretty tough week this week...just been so crazy. I hope I don't sound unappreciative...because that is not the case at all...I think it's more that I feel I have hit all the major hurdles and it's the last stretch now and feels like it is dragging.

I'm hoping to have some down time this weekend to play around with Touring Plans a bit more now that I have my FP's set and hopefully that will help kick my butt back into the Disney Spirit. Also next week I start making my ADR's for our Spring Trip (I will be sure to provide those updates in the that PTR). I will have to do each day by day since we aren't staying onsite...yay for early mornings (no not really)!

Well, thanks for letting me vent. I promise I will get that Disney Spirit back! :)

So, I'm in the Disney Planning doldrums! It's gone from being soooo excited to just be "eh"! I hate it! Now Keith on the other hand is starting to get excited and now wants to talk about all our plans! Really??? I've been trying to talk plans with that man for months and now that I'm "eh" he wants all the details. I'm hoping it is just because I'm having a pretty tough week this week...just been so crazy. I hope I don't sound unappreciative...because that is not the case at all...I think it's more that I feel I have hit all the major hurdles and it's the last stretch now and feels like it is dragging.

I'm hoping to have some down time this weekend to play around with Touring Plans a bit more now that I have my FP's set and hopefully that will help kick my butt back into the Disney Spirit. Also next week I start making my ADR's for our Spring Trip (I will be sure to provide those updates in the that PTR). I will have to do each day by day since we aren't staying onsite...yay for early mornings (no not really)!

Well, thanks for letting me vent. I promise I will get that Disney Spirit back! :)
I think a lot of people get those doldrums after the 60 day mark, honestly. FP+ and Online Check-In are pretty much the last pieces of the planning puzzle. After that, the only things to really plan for or focus on are packing, and the trip itself. So I think time does slow to a crawl for those last 2 months. It's not just you. :hug: Don't worry about it too much... It'll pass! And let yourself get excited sharing this stuff with Keith now that he's getting excited! Also try shifting your focus, and concentrate more on your Spring trip... It's almost your ADR day! That's exciting stuff! :cutie:

I think a lot of people get those doldrums after the 60 day mark, honestly. FP+ and Online Check-In are pretty much the last pieces of the planning puzzle. After that, the only things to really plan for or focus on are packing, and the trip itself. So I think time does slow to a crawl for those last 2 months. It's not just you. :hug: Don't worry about it too much... It'll pass! And let yourself get excited sharing this stuff with Keith now that he's getting excited! Also try shifting your focus, and concentrate more on your Spring trip... It's almost your ADR day! That's exciting stuff! :cutie:

Billie, you are so right!! Thanks! :flower3::flower2:

I'm in the same boat!! I'm excited but it's been too busy to really think about the details. I think it will be cool for you though, because when you go after not really thinking about it for a while, it will be even more exciting that you made those plans so long ago? If that makes any sense..that's what I'm telling myself anyway lol. You will get excited again when you start packing and stuff.

I'm in the same boat!! I'm excited but it's been too busy to really think about the details. I think it will be cool for you though, because when you go after not really thinking about it for a while, it will be even more exciting that you made those plans so long ago? If that makes any sense..that's what I'm telling myself anyway lol. You will get excited again when you start packing and stuff.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I know I will get excited again soon. Life has been so crazy that Keith and I really need this time away. I know it will be here before I know it and this long countdown will be a thing of the past! :)

Backing up and revisiting (again)!

So now that I think all the major changes and plans have been laid I thought why not get on a better track with my PTR (and it’s helping me get that the Disney Spirit back)!

As I shared we have decided to start our journey the night before to get a jump on the drive down. We will be leaving on Saturday night, 11/14/15. The plan is to pick up the rental car around noon, finish packing up the last minute items. My Mom will be coming into town late that afternoon so we will all probably grab some dinner together. Then we will get Joey bathed and my Mom will work her magic in getting him to sleep. This is when Keith and I will hit the road and make our way to Port Wentworth, GA. I’m guessing we will be on the road around 8pm or so.

I have mapped out the directions from our house to the hotel the Wonderful Billie lined up for us and it looks to be about a 3 ½ hour drive from our house. I think this works our really well, and we should be to the hotel by midnight or so.

We will crash for a few hours. I learned a great tip from my friend…when staying for a quick overnight stay like this just pack your stuff you will need for that one night in a separate bag…that way you don’t have to worry about lugging in your entire suitcase and all that stuff.

Personally I would like to be on the road by 6:00, but I really think that would be pushing it for Keith. So I think realistically we will be on the road by 7am. We plan on just grabbing a quick bite at the free continental breakfast and we will be on our way.

I’ve mapped out the directions from the hotel to CSR and it is about a 4 ½ hour drive. I will be doing the driving on this leg of the trip since Keith is really not a morning person. I’m hoping to cut that down to 4 hours…shhhhh don’t tell Keith. J

The plan is to be to CSR by noon at the latest, but that all depends on when we leave the hotel, traffic and how many stops we will need to make. I’m hoping we won’t need to take too many stops since it’s just the 2 of us.

I’ve gone against my prior judgment and made a lunch ADR for this day. I feel ok about it because since we are not doing the entire 8 hour drive in one shot. I also feel I can use this as an excuse to get Keith out of bed that morning…”Honey, we don’t want to miss our ADR because then we will have to pay $20 for not showing up because it’s too late to cancel!” If you tell Keith we could potentially lose money then that boy can move!! Hehe

Again, I’m hoping for the magical text that our room is ready and we can go straight there and unload our stuff. I want to make sure we are heading over to Disney Springs (see I’m trying) no later than 1pm (really hoping we will be on our way before then). Keith has said he wants to drive the car over because if we buy anything while we are there (which I pan to do so) then we don’t want to have to lug it on the bus and around HS…good point. I’m still nervous about the traffic stories I have heard, but fingers crossed it works out ok. OH!! I just had a thought….can you request to have your purchases sent to your resort from Disney Spring stores like you can from stores in the Parks?? If so, then we might opt to do that instead of taking the car because that eliminates the whole…don’t want to carry bags around the park thing.

Anyway, onto the food…I made a 2:30 lunch ADR at Portobello. I had originally made the ADR for 1:30 but decided to push it back a bit. I haven’t heard too much about it, but it looks pretty good. The restaurant itself looks so pretty. I love the patio area…if weather permitting I would like the chance to sit out there.

Image from google images

Image from disneyworld.com

After we have had a chance to look around and eat we will head over to HS. If we have the car then it is a pretty direct route. If we took the bus, then we will hope on a bus to a resort and then another bus to HS.

Our first FP is for Star Tours from 4:05-5:05. I’m not sure if we will make it in time for this FP or not. Also according to TP we should head over to RnR and ride it stand by. I guess we will just wait and see what time we get to HS and decide what we will do from there.

Our 2nd FP is for Tower of Terror from 5:05-6:05. This is one of Keith’s favorite rides, I get pretty nervous on it but always end up glad I went on it.

I’m hoping to have a bit of break between ToT and when we need to arrive for our F! FP. The FP is from 6:25-6:45. My thought is to maybe grab a snack from somewhere and be there for our FP around 6:30.

I was thinking we could grab a later dinner after F! somewhere but I’m not sure the QS locations will be open, I have looked at the Disney Website and it just says “times unavailable”. If they are I’m thinking either ABC Commissary or Backlot Express because they are both in the general direction of where we will be heading. J

And where is that you ask? Well according to TP this is when we should ride Star Tours.

Image from google images

I think from there we will head over to the Osborne Lights. I’m so sad this is the last year for them so I want to make sure I check them out one last time!

From there we will take a walk by Toy Story to see how long the wait time is, if it’s not too bad we will take a ride. If not, we will use the FP for it that I have later in the week. Then a stop at the Great Movie Ride should end out our night.

I have read in multiple places that One Man’s Dream will be closing at the end of this month which is heartbreaking, if by some miracle it’s still there in November then we will be sure to check that out!

So there is our very busy arrival day. I have no idea if we will make it through all these plans, but it will be fun to try!

I have mapped out the directions from our house to the hotel the Wonderful Billie lined up for us
Oh, go on. :blush: :laughing:

We will crash for a few hours. I learned a great tip from my friend…when staying for a quick overnight stay like this just pack your stuff you will need for that one night in a separate bag…that way you don’t have to worry about lugging in your entire suitcase and all that stuff.
YES! This! You probably already know from my TRs that to save some money and maximize my park time, I will often drive down the night before and crash at a cheap hotel in Kissimmee, that way I can check into my Disney resort the next morning then head out for a full park day. And this is EXACTLY how I do it! I pack whatever I'll need for that night in a tote bag, and leave my big suitcase locked in the trunk of the car. I also make sure that my park bag is already loaded up with everything I'll want to carry with me the next day, so I don't have to go fishing things out of the suitcase before I can go have fun! :thumbsup2

Personally I would like to be on the road by 6:00, but I really think that would be pushing it for Keith. So I think realistically we will be on the road by 7am. We plan on just grabbing a quick bite at the free continental breakfast and we will be on our way.
I'm going to try to get my aunt and uncle on the road by 7am, but I'm thinking of telling them 6:30am, just to be safe because I know they'll be running late. :laughing:

I’ve mapped out the directions from the hotel to CSR and it is about a 4 ½ hour drive. I will be doing the driving on this leg of the trip since Keith is really not a morning person. I’m hoping to cut that down to 4 hours…shhhhh don’t tell Keith.
When I drive down, I hit I-95 about 20 minutes north of Port Wentworth, and even though the trip technically should only take me about 5 hours, I've had it take as much as 7 hours before due to bad traffic on I-95 in Jacksonville and then on I-4 in Orlando. (Granted, that was on a Friday evening/night.) :scared: I kinda split the difference now, and plan for 6 hours, just to be safe.

The plan is to be to CSR by noon at the latest, but that all depends on when we leave the hotel, traffic and how many stops we will need to make. I’m hoping we won’t need to take too many stops since it’s just the 2 of us.
I make one stop on my way down, just before the FL state line, in St. Mary's, GA. It's just shy of being the halfway point. There's a nice truck stop style gas station there, Petro, that is great to top off the gas tank, pee (the bathrooms are always clean), and grab a drink or a snack (huge selection) before getting back on the road and dealing with Jacksonville traffic. Hope that helps! :cutie:

Again, I’m hoping for the magical text that our room is ready and we can go straight there and unload our stuff.
You and me both! I'm hoping we'll be on the road by 7am, and arrive at AoA by 1pm (preferably sooner). Then we'll still need to check-in, grab lunch at the resort, meet up with the ECV people who will be dropping off my ride, catch a bus, and we need to be at MK no later than 3:45pm... Not a lot of wiggle room there! But I know I can't get them on the road before 7am, so any time that can be saved at resort check-in will be a HUGE help. ::yes::

Disney Springs (see I’m trying)
That makes one of us!! And I know I should be using the right terminology, especially professionally, and usually I'm really good about it... But that one I'm struggling with for some reason! :rotfl:

OH!! I just had a thought….can you request to have your purchases sent to your resort from Disney Spring stores like you can from stores in the Parks?? If so, then we might opt to do that instead of taking the car because that eliminates the whole…don’t want to carry bags around the park thing.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Yes, you absolutely can have them sent for resort pick-up. :thumbsup2

Anyway, onto the food…I made a 2:30 lunch ADR at Portobello. I had originally made the ADR for 1:30 but decided to push it back a bit. I haven’t heard too much about it, but it looks pretty good. The restaurant itself looks so pretty. I love the patio area…if weather permitting I would like the chance to sit out there.
I'm looking forward to hearing about this one!!! I've been curious about it. The menu looks yummy! :scratchin

After we have had a chance to look around and eat we will head over to HS. If we have the car then it is a pretty direct route. If we took the bus, then we will hope on a bus to a resort and then another bus to HS.
Reading over your DHS plans, they look pretty much PERFECT!!! :goodvibes

Last edited:
Oh, go on. :blush: :laughing:

YES! This! You probably already know from my TRs that to save some money and maximize my park time, I will often drive down the night before and crash at a cheap hotel in Kissimmee, that way I can check into my Disney resort the next morning then head out for a full park day. And this is EXACTLY how I do it! I pack whatever I'll need for that night in a tote bag, and leave my big suitcase locked in the trunk of the car. I also make sure that my park bag is already loaded up with everything I'll want to carry with me the next day, so I don't have to go fishing things out of the suitcase before I can go have fun! :thumbsup2

I wish I had known about this overnight bag tip sooner...it would have saved me so much trouble!!

I'm going to try to get my aunt and uncle on the road by 7am, but I'm thinking of telling them 6:30am, just to be safe because I know they'll be running late. :laughing:

I would love to be on the road by 6am, but know I don't need to push it!

When I drive down, I hit I-95 about 20 minutes north of Port Wentworth, and even though the trip technically should only take me about 5 hours, I've had it take as much as 7 hours before due to bad traffic on I-95 in Jacksonville and then on I-4 in Orlando. (Granted, that was on a Friday evening/night.) :scared: I kinda split the difference now, and plan for 6 hours, just to be safe.

The dreaded traffic around Jacksonville...ugh. I'm hoping since we will be traveling through on a Sunday morning we won't run into too much traffic

I make one stop on my way down, just before the FL state line, in St. Mary's, GA. It's just shy of being the halfway point. There's a nice truck stop style gas station there, Petro, that is great to top off the gas tank, pee (the bathrooms are always clean), and grab a drink or a snack (huge selection) before getting back on the road and dealing with Jacksonville traffic. Hope that helps! :cutie:

We try to stop before Jacksonville as well as one last stop until we arrive at Disney!!

You and me both! I'm hoping we'll be on the road by 7am, and arrive at AoA by 1pm (preferably sooner). Then we'll still need to check-in, grab lunch at the resort, meet up with the ECV people who will be dropping off my ride, catch a bus, and we need to be at MK no later than 3:45pm... Not a lot of wiggle room there! But I know I can't get them on the road before 7am, so any time that can be saved at resort check-in will be a HUGE help. ::yes::

Fingers crossed it all works out :)

That makes one of us!! And I know I should be using the right terminology, especially professionally, and usually I'm really good about it... But that one I'm struggling with for some reason!

I'm trying...not succeeding very often but trying!

You took the words right out of my mouth. Yes, you absolutely can have them sent for resort pick-up.

Thanks for the confirmation on this!!! This is good to know. I really don't think we will make up our minds on how we are getting over to DTD (I mean Disney Springs...see!) until we get to CSR. I think it will just depend on our arrival time and what we feel like is the best option for us that day.

I'm looking forward to hearing about this one!!! I've been curious about it. The menu looks yummy! :scratchin

I'm still nervous about having an ADR on this day, but I'm hoping if we are on the road by 7am from Port Wentworth that we should surely arrive in time for a 2:30 ADR. I guess if we start to run too far behind we can always just head straight to the ADR (but will our Magic Bands work without having checked in at the resort...this is my first trip with the bands so I'm not too sure how it all works).

Reading over your DHS plans, they look pretty much PERFECT!!! :goodvibes

YAY!! I know it's a lot and it's not a concrete plan but more like a suggestion list :)

Would be cool to drive to Disney. Hubby wants to do it some day. It would take us 36 hours with no stops, so... say 3 days maybe!
I think the plans sound good. You can definitely have your purchases sent back from DTD to your resort! No need of navigating the traffic and parking!
I haven't heard too much about Portobello either, it does look very nice!
2:30 @ Portobello and then no later than 5:05 at DHS... hmm. Tight, but possibly do-able.
I can't believe this is the last year for Osborne lights!! :( I feel like I want to go there every night. Same with One Man's Dream, we love it and would love it to get a one-month extension!
It's a busy arrival day, but I think you should be able to do it all. :thumbsup2

Finally caught up on your PTR after my Disboards late summmer hiatus. It's looking good! Can't believe we are so close!!

Would be cool to drive to Disney. Hubby wants to do it some day. It would take us 36 hours with no stops, so... say 3 days maybe!

WoW and I complain about our 8 hour drive. I honestly don't mind the drive, but when it comes to Disney I'm just so anxious to get down there!

I think the plans sound good. You can definitely have your purchases sent back from DTD to your resort! No need of navigating the traffic and parking!

I'm very happy to hear that this can be done. I still don't know what we will decide to do, but it's good to know about this in case we do decide to the take the bus. It's not so much the bus there, it's getting from there to HS that is not as easy.

I haven't heard too much about Portobello either, it does look very nice!
2:30 @ Portobello and then no later than 5:05 at DHS... hmm. Tight, but possibly do-able.

I'm looking forward to checking out Portobello...looks super yummy and the pictures of the restaurant look so pretty. I'm honestly not pushing ourselves to get to the park in time for our Star Tours FP. I mainly want to get to HS in time for our FP for F! which is 6:25-6:45, which I think is completely do-able.

I can't believe this is the last year for Osborne lights!! :( I feel like I want to go there every night. Same with One Man's Dream, we love it and would love it to get a one-month extension!

We saw the light in 2012 with the kids, and we all loved it. DS was 10 months old and the boy was mesmerized! DD was 6yrs old and she didn't stop staring and dancing around the entire time we were there. I'm sad that it will be the last year, but very thankful I will catch it one last time. (I'm still hoping they decide to move it somewhere).

I'm so sad to say I never saw One Man's Dream, and I am beyond disappointed that this is closing down. I understand that it was only supposed to be a temporary thing that ended up lasting years, but feel that speaks volumes of why it should stay. So fingers crossed that they decided to keep it a bit longer. :(

It's a busy arrival day, but I think you should be able to do it all. :thumbsup2

I was looking back at the plans again this morning, and I agree it's very busy. The only Must Do's for me this day/nigh are DTD and F!, other than that I'm fine with missing some things because we will be back to HS later in the week.

What better thing to reward an early morning than a Disney ADR?!? Sounds heavenly. It's going to be a great first day!

I think so too! :)

Finally caught up on your PTR after my Disboards late summmer hiatus. It's looking good! Can't believe we are so close!!

Welcome back :) In just a few days we will be able to say "we are going to Disney next month!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter