Olympic Eating With Team GB ** COMPLETED - WDW & DCL**

Can't wait for more reviews and I promise I will be good and pay more attention! :rotfl2:

Hey Shari, I would definitely pay attention if I were you - there might be a pop quiz ;)

Linda, great meal at Sanaa. We loved AKV when we stayed there and, although we never ate at Sanaa, we certainly made good use of the bar :thumbsup2 The food did look good, mind you.

Linda: The food at Sanaa looks absolutely lovely! What a great window seat - did you see any animals?

Good to hear that Sanaa didn't disappoint you, as we LOVE the place. I love the sampler too ..... but I go for the meat side. :lmao:
But I might be tempted to try the vegetarian one this summer after seeing yours!
Tom LOVES the chai cream - I loved it in the sampler version, a whole portion was too much for me.
Okay, and imagine how I pulled a face when I saw your DHs tapioca dessert - thanks, but NO thanks! :laughing:

Great reviews as always, Linda, thanks so much!

Hi Karin, I could probably work my way through two Chai Creams very easily :goodvibes

Ye-uck frog spawn :lmao:

I hear ya :scared1:

I LOVE tapioca! My idea of heaven? Chai bubble tea! Would love to combine yours and DH's desserts.

We also love Sanaa. I hope you got to see some animals!

Urgh - another Tapioca lover :eek:

Oh my gosh Linda, this picture made me literally laugh out loud! Loved it!!! :lmao:

Happy to raise a giggle :thumbsup2

I just decided to give Sanaa another trip mostly for that Chai Cream! We didn't love it last trip but I think it was more us than the restaurant. Figure we will give it one more try and if we don't like it again, we will know that we just don't care for that kind of food.

Why don't you order a Chai appertizer, a Chai entree and then for dessert ....you guessed it ::yes::

Hi
I'm really enjoying reading your reviews!! It sounds like you had so much fun!!
I can't wait to go back to DW to try some new snacks!! Thanks for sharing.

We certainly had fun, impossible not to in WDW :banana:

Your drink at Dawa Bar looks delicious! I think I might have to make a detour there next trip. I don't think hubby will fight me on an unscheduled stop to a bar. :lmao:

I am totally with your DH on not liking that yogurt stuff all over the Lamb Kefta sandwich. I wish I had known about it when I ordered it as well. I loved the dish other than that yucky yogurt all over it.

The Dawa Bar is well worth a little detour ;)

Hi Lynda! :)

Glad you enjoyed Sanaa - we loved it when we went for dinner last time. We are trying it for lunch this time (Did I mention - 5 weeks today???!) and I can't wait - I like the look of you DH's naan buttie ;)

What did you have to drink at Sanaa?

Can't wait for more reviews and I promise I will be good and pay more attention! :rotfl2:

Ah, good spot Shari (you know me too well :laughing:) I did enjoy a very nice glass of white wine but I didn't jot down the name of it
Whoopee to 5 weeks to go, I hope you do a dining review :goodvibes

We are trying Sanaa for first time for lunch in August and think there might just be a Chai cream in the order, the lentils and tapioca not so likely:goodvibes

Oh go on, treat yourself to a lentil and tapioca curry :rotfl:

Hey Shari, I would definitely pay attention if I were you - there might be a pop quiz ;)

Linda, great meal at Sanaa. We loved AKV when we stayed there and, although we never ate at Sanaa, we certainly made good use of the bar :thumbsup2 The food did look good, mind you.

AKV is certainly a lovely resort and such great places to eat
Boma and Jiko over at the Lodge are both fab
We must try the Mara on our next trip :goodvibes

Linda: The food at Sanaa looks absolutely lovely! What a great window seat - did you see any animals?

We sure did see animals
Excuse my poor knowledge but we spotted many different types of 4 legged, hoofed animals with various combinations of stripes and horns
Wow, I should be a Vet shouldn't I :rotfl:

Dinner At The Riverside Mill Port Orleans Riverside

Following our lunch at Sanaa we headed off for a little shopping followed by some pool time :beach:

No ADRs for this evening so we decided to drive over to POR as I had heard pretty good things about the Riverside Mill and we also wanted to check out Yee Haw Bob in the River Roost Lounge :drive:

It was buzzing in the lounge, Yee Haw Bob certainly draws a crowd but we were lucky enough to get a table and ordered a couple of drinks

c572f508.jpg

Prosecco

Strange choice of glass for Prosecco if you ask me but it tasted good!

DH ordered a coke and soon after our drinks arrived the show started and we settled back to enjoy :goodvibes

After one more round of drinks we decided to head over to the Riverside Mill for dinner

It was busy but seemed very well organised and I loved that there seemed to be a lot of variety and that most of the hot dishes were cooked to order

DH headed off towards the grill area and here is what he returned with

761a41d5.jpg

Fish Basket served with your choice of vegetable pasta salad or fries

As you can see from the picture, DH chose fries

He loved this meal, everything was piping hot and the fries were wonderfully crisp. You get a really good sized portion of fish and DH said that the batter had the perfect crunch.

He was more than happy with his dinner this evening :)

Note: for all you Brits out there, you can get malt vinegar for your chips :thumbsup2

I already knew where I was heading – the ‘make your own pasta’ station

8fc10e39.jpg

Create Your Own Pasta- Penne Pasta with Marinara Sauce and fresh ingredients including, roasted red peppers, mushrooms, Kalamata Olives, green peas, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and parmesan cheese.

You can also add Chicken or Shrimp if you would like

The CM asks you for your pasta and sauce selection and then proceeds to place all of the extras you want to add straight into the little serving box before handing it to the chef

Basically you are directing them to add “a little bit of this” and “a little bit of that” OR “a lot of this” and “a lot of that” ;)

I was then asked for my name and told it would just take a few minutes to prepare.

It was great to watch the chefs cook my dish there and then, and I loved that it was prepared exactly to my taste

Well, this was delicious.

The marinara sauce was really flavourful and the pasta perfectly al dente :cloud9:

To me this dish is an absolute steal at $10.99 and was a huge portion that could easily be shared

Seriously I have paid a hell of a lot more for pasta in 'fancy' restaurants and it hasn't been this good

I enjoyed the pasta so much I didn’t even touch the garlic bread that it was served with

I really like POR and we will almost certainly head back here again to eat, even if we aren’t staying at the resort

With full tummies we headed back to SSR but not before picking up some of these babies for a cheeky in-room snack

745ae8c1.jpg

Mickey's Chocolate Mints

Chocolate + Mint + Mickey Mouse = :littleangel:

Coming Up Next -Yup, You Can Have A Cupcake For Breakfast!

Loved your review of Sanaa. Too bad that I'm travelling with a picky eaters. I love Sanaa food but most in my group will be hungry. :upsidedow

I absolutely love Riverside Mill's Create Your Own Pasta dish. They are a bargain and such a huge portion and not to mention that they taste great!!! :thumbsup2

We are looking forward to trying sanaa in October - will remember to ask for the yoghurt on the side.

Not heard of tapioca for years. My school dinners used to have it plus rice pudding served with a spoon of jam or some stewed raisins on the side :crazy2:

The chai cream looks lovely and good to know they will still do just that if you ask.

We are staying at POR in August so I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal there! The make your own pasta station sounds like exactly like something I'd love!

Ooo you got the chocolate mints! They are THE BEST!!

I also love the pasta station at POR. I never found the garlic bread to be too good so don't think you missed out on much there. Not tried the marinara sauce but think I will in August :)

Mmm, your pasta from Riverside Mill looks awesome! We always stay at POFQ but often make the short 10 minute walk to POR to enjoy a meal. When my sister and I were there last year we got the make your own salad a couple of times, it was delicious! We each got a magic cookie bar for dessert and that sucker lasted about a week as we could only manage little bites at a time, but it was heavenly. :lovestruc

We really like the counter service options at both POR and POFQ. We have been known to visit Sassagoula Floatworks just to get beignets. The fish basket at Riverside Mill looks just like the one they used to (still do) have at Columbia Harbour House.

Thanks for your Sanaa review. I have been torn on this one and I think I'm just going to have to take the plunge and try it some of these days.

Jill in CO

Riverside Mill has a fab foodcourt. So many good choices. We love Yee Haw Bob and the Roost has some lovely comfy sofas to slump down in with a couple of drinks.

I've never thought of dining at Riverside Mill, but I should probably add it to my list since both you and Betsy give it high marks. I don't know when exactly I'll be making progress on this "list", but I'm happy to see my list grow longer and longer. :rotfl:

All caught up! And I just have to say: FANTASTIC updates! The pasta dish from POR is amazing, isn't it? So many different combinations, which I'm sure are all delicous. I've never had the mickey mints before, but they sound like something right up my alley. You've given me lots of ideas of things to try... I need to start a list :rotfl:

I've never thought of dining at Riverside Mill, but I should probably add it to my list since both you and Betsy give it high marks. I don't know when exactly I'll be making progress on this "list", but I'm happy to see my list grow longer and longer. :rotfl:

YES. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I would definitely "like" this if we were on facebook :upsidedow

Mmmmh........ pasta looks yummy! Have you tried their Make your own salad too? :cloud9:
Keep on eating, Linda ...... I love seeing and reading about your food! ;)

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup2 All these great reviews of Riverside Mill have definitely made me want to give it a try. I'm almost a little scared to start my own "list" because I think the number of items on it will scare me. :lmao:

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup2 All these great reviews of Riverside Mill have definitely made me want to give it a try. I'm almost a little scared to start my own "list" because I think the number of items on it will scare me. :lmao:

You're not a true Disney 'freak' if you don't have a list ;)

Hollywood Studios

Today we wanted to be at the Studios for park opening so we just grabbed a coffee at SSR before driving over to the park :drive:

After riding our favorite attractions and getting our Fast Passes it was time for a truly healthy and hearty breakfast at Starring Rolls ;)

Now for some reason that totally escapes me, we decided to share our early morning treat :confused3

The only possible explanation for this insane and totally out of character decision was that I must have actually passed into the Twilight Zone whilst riding the Tower Of Terror and had arrived at Starring Rolls under the influence of a strange and unearthly power :stir:

..... I mean share a cupcake, really .....

I was clearly not fully in charge of my faculties :rolleyes1

Any-hoo, here is the breakfast of champions

2c19e8d6.jpg

Marble Cupcake - marbled vanilla and chocolate cake topped with swirls of vanilla frosting

I think I've pretty much tried every cupcake at Starring Rolls over the years but for some reason had never ordered this one, and it was on 'the list'

All I can say is that it was just 'OK'

It didn't seem all that fresh but I actually think that it was probably due to the fact that it was served too cold.

For obvious reasons in the Florida heat, all the cakes and pastries are kept well refrigerated and to me, that makes them seem a little dry when you first tuck in.

If you can resist the temptation to dive right in, let the cupcake sit for a while and the texture and taste will be much improved :thumbsup2

So endeth the cupcake science lesson :rolleyes:

We continued our tour of the studios and obviously as we had only had a 50% breakfast we soon needed another sugar hit so off to the Writers Stop we went

105d96b7.jpg

Blueberry Muffin

This was DHs choice and he loved it, he is a sucker for a blueberry muffin and claimed that this one was really good

18fd500c.jpg

Apple Danish

This was my choice

Sorry, I had already cut into it before I remembered the photo.

This also seemed a little on the dry side. I only ate a quarter before popping it in my bag

We had a wonderful day at the Studios and shortly before leaving we decided to get a drink and people watch for a while

ec9e1dd1.jpg

Ah yes, the Tune In Lounge :cloud9:

We got our drinks to go so that we could enjoy the beautiful sunny day

I love this bar, such a cool setting and the staff are always great :goodvibes

1e03c23d.jpg

It was pretty quite inside so we ordered a coke for DH and for me ...

3a73a7cd.jpg

"Mowie Wowie"
Pacific-Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Melon Liqueur, Peach Schnapps, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice

Mmm - delicious :thumbsup2

We left the Studios early afternoon and headed back to the resort.

I ended up eating the rest of the Danish back in the room and it seemed much nicer later in the day (it's that serving pastries too cold thing again)

Next Up ..... Mickey Is Having A BBQ In His Backyard !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter