Olympic Eating With Team GB ** COMPLETED - WDW & DCL**

Okay, I'm very jealous of all the Pinkberry being eaten here. I don't have one near me, so no fair! :laughing:

Your waffle sandwich looks yummy! I think you're right, it definitely looked like it needed some whipped cream too. :thumbsup2

Your drink looks awesome too! What's in that drink, is that a slice of green apple?

That waffle is very close to the top of DS's must try list this trip. DH and I are having a couple of breakfasts without him so I am thinking he will try the waffle one of those mornings when he joins us.

And I had never heard of Pinkberry until fairly recently. Now I am very interested in finding one!

I admit, I've never had nutella so I'm not sure what it is other than a hazelnut spread?? But the waffle sandwich does look yummy! It doesn't look big enough to share to me! :rotfl:

Okay, I have to admit it ....... apart from the cinnamon roll (which we both didn't really care for) we haven't tried any of the other snacks you had! :scared1:
Shocking I know! :rotfl2:

But I would love to try the waffle - LOVE Nutella (brings back many childhood memories) and the fruit look good.

We played the Sorcerer's game too! So much fun! :thumbsup2

Some wonderful snacks Linda. Just so you don't feel like a complete freak, I have a list of 'Must try snacks' for the next trip too. That citrus swirl is on my list so glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Can you believe that I have never had a cinnamon roll from Main Street Bakery - don't worry, I shall be rectifying that little oversight in August too ;)

Oh, and we booked our flights for 2013 yesterday - with our little drinking session in mind, we have decided to stay a little longer into November than originally planned and don't fly back until the 8th. Plenty of time for a few adult drinkies :banana:

What a wonderful MK update! :goodvibes

I haven't tried Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom yet, but I always see people playing it throughout MK. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime.

The Sleepy Hollow waffle is another thing I haven't tried. But the more pictures I see of it, the harder it is to resist. :rotfl:

I'm so happy you tried the citrus swirl! I agree - if I had to choose, the pineapple-vanilla swirl would win for me, but the citrus swirl is a nice change and it's great that MK brought back a classic, beloved snack. :thumbsup2

And I wish you good luck with the London Pinkberry - if you end up trying it, I'm interested in hearing if the flavors and toppings are different!

The citrus swirl is certainly a wonderful treat and I love the whole area around the Sunshine Tree Terrace so it's a great place to kick back for a while :cloud9:
I made sure to get a pineapple-vanilla swirl later in the trip :thumbsup2

Okay, I'm very jealous of all the Pinkberry being eaten here. I don't have one near me, so no fair! :laughing:

Your waffle sandwich looks yummy! I think you're right, it definitely looked like it needed some whipped cream too. :thumbsup2

Your drink looks awesome too! What's in that drink, is that a slice of green apple?

I think it was a slice of lime, it was a Tropical Mojito from The Springs pool bar at SSR
It was good whatever it was :laughing:

That waffle is very close to the top of DS's must try list this trip. DH and I are having a couple of breakfasts without him so I am thinking he will try the waffle one of those mornings when he joins us.

And I had never heard of Pinkberry until fairly recently. Now I am very interested in finding one!

The waffles at Sleepy Hollow are really worth stopping by for, the guy behind us ordered one with just fruit and whipped cream and that looked amazing :cloud9:

I admit, I've never had nutella so I'm not sure what it is other than a hazelnut spread?? But the waffle sandwich does look yummy! It doesn't look big enough to share to me! :rotfl:

Nutella is a hazlenut and cocoa spread, it's kind of like chocolate peanut butter if that makes sense?
On second thougts that's a really bad description :laughing:

Okay, I have to admit it ....... apart from the cinnamon roll (which we both didn't really care for) we haven't tried any of the other snacks you had! :scared1:
Shocking I know! :rotfl2:

But I would love to try the waffle - LOVE Nutella (brings back many childhood memories) and the fruit look good.

We played the Sorcerer's game too! So much fun! :thumbsup2

The Cinnamon roll was OK but I have to admit, not as good as a Cinnabon!
Rest assured the next time we stopped at Main St Bakery I got the most wonderful breakfast treat :woohoo:

Some wonderful snacks Linda. Just so you don't feel like a complete freak, I have a list of 'Must try snacks' for the next trip too. That citrus swirl is on my list so glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Can you believe that I have never had a cinnamon roll from Main Street Bakery - don't worry, I shall be rectifying that little oversight in August too ;)

Oh, and we booked our flights for 2013 yesterday - with our little drinking session in mind, we have decided to stay a little longer into November than originally planned and don't fly back until the 8th. Plenty of time for a few adult drinkies :banana:

Joh, I will always feel like a complete freak :lmao:
Yippee to you staying on until the 8th
I want to book my flights NOW :banana:

Downtown Disney

We had no firm plans for dinner tonight and as it was such a beautiful evening we decided to walk over to DTD from Saratoga Springs

d8ada862.jpg

After a little shopping, we stopped at the Margarita Bar (oh boy I am going to get a reputation ;)) DH ordered a coke and I ordered that week’s special

e5aea44c.jpg

Grapefruit Margarita

I love grapefruit juice so I knew I would enjoy this drink, it wasn’t a patch on the Cucumber Margarita from La Cava but good never the less

We were beginning to get hungry by this point so headed over to Earl Of Sandwich, we never miss this place and have to visit every trip

We ordered two sandwiches that we both love so that we could split them and enjoy half of each

45d9ac13.jpg

The Caprese - fresh mozzarella, roma tomatos, fresh basil and drizzled balsamic vinaigrette

769af773.jpg

Tuna Melt - albacore tuna salad and Swiss cheese

We both loved our sandwiches, I think splitting the two makes the perfect combination :thumbsup2

Next up dessert, and we knew exactly where to head .........

Ghirardelli’s :cloud9:

DH didn’t hesitate to order one of his faves

c3876987.jpg

The Haight AshBerry - Very Berry Sundae - strawberry cheesecake ice cream smothered with sliced strawberries under a layer of vanilla ice cream with blueberry topping, whipped cream, our chocolate-covered blueberries and a chocolate dipped waffle roll

Phew, that's one hell of a description isn't it!!

Needless to say it was divine and he ate and enjoyed every last spoonful

I decided to keep it simple and just have a scoop of mint choc chip and a scoop of vanilla

d585e62e.jpg

Mint Choc Chip & Vanilla Ice Cream

Now I didn’t notice when this was bought to the table, but you can clearly see from the photo that the vanilla ice cream had already melted

The mint choc chip was fantastic but I was really disappointed to see that I only had a vanilla puddle to splash around in by the time I got to the bottom of the glass :sad2:

If I had spotted it when it first arrived, I would have sent it back but you can’t really complain about melted ice cream in Florida 5 minutes after it’s been served :headache:

Not to worry, this seemed like a good excuse to go and get another treat ;)

65b35f29.jpg

bb46d151.jpg

Goofy’s Candy Company – Make Your Own Treat

So somewhere under this mountain of sprinkles and chocolate is a Mickey Gingerbread Cookie

My teeth hurt just looking at it :teeth:

Needless to say this was a little on the sweet side but it made me smile every time I took a bite of it and that’s gotta be a good thing right :goodvibes

Next Up – Animal Kingdom & Lunch At Sanaa

Great DTD eating (and drinking) Linda. I don't know whether I ever mentioned that Tequila and I are no longer on good terms, however I love the sound of that Grapefruit Margarita. I absolutely LOVE grapefruit - it is my favourite fruit :)

I can't wait to get back to some of my favourite places - EOS and Ghirardelli to name but a couple.

EoS and Ghirardelli ...... Linda and Joh, please let me join your group! :rotfl2:

I really love the look of the Caprese .... guess I can see that in my future. ;)

Unfortunately I am not a huge fan of American gingerbread :rolleyes1, so the sprinkled Mickey didn't make me all that jealous ;)
Shame on the melted ice-cream, but mint chocolate chip is my absolute favourite flavour! :thumbsup2

What, what, WHAT??????!!!! How did I miss this?

I am such a bad Dis-er :sad2:

Loving your reviews as ever Linda :thumbsup2 Can't wait for more.....

The one thing from my wish list that we didn't get to do during our one and only day at DTD was pay a visit to Ghiradelli. :sad1: Your mint chocolate chip ice cream looks sooooo good...I too love mint chocolate chip. :love: But what a bummer about the melted vanilla. :rolleyes:

Great DTD eating (and drinking) Linda. I don't know whether I ever mentioned that Tequila and I are no longer on good terms, however I love the sound of that Grapefruit Margarita. I absolutely LOVE grapefruit - it is my favourite fruit :)

I can't wait to get back to some of my favourite places - EOS and Ghirardelli to name but a couple.

We need to track down a Grapefruit Martini for you Joh :thumbsup2

EoS and Ghirardelli ...... Linda and Joh, please let me join your group! :rotfl2:

I really love the look of the Caprese .... guess I can see that in my future. ;)

Unfortunately I am not a huge fan of American gingerbread :rolleyes1, so the sprinkled Mickey didn't make me all that jealous ;)
Shame on the melted ice-cream, but mint chocolate chip is my absolute favourite flavour! :thumbsup2

Oh yes another devotee of Mint Choc Chip :cool1:

What, what, WHAT??????!!!! How did I miss this?

I am such a bad Dis-er :sad2:

Loving your reviews as ever Linda :thumbsup2 Can't wait for more.....

Well I was wondering where you were :rolleyes1

The one thing from my wish list that we didn't get to do during our one and only day at DTD was pay a visit to Ghiradelli. :sad1: Your mint chocolate chip ice cream looks sooooo good...I too love mint chocolate chip. :love: But what a bummer about the melted vanilla. :rolleyes:

Shame you missed Ghiradelli's but now you have the perfect excuse to go back :goodvibes

glad to see additional toppings are back at goofys - missed it when it went down to one.

Pile 'em on, that's what I say :rotfl:

Animal Kingdom

This morning we were heading over to AK for rope drop

660a3ad2.jpg

After hitting the usual attractions it was time to strike off another ‘must do snack’ from my list

e27d0920.jpg

Jalapeno Cheese Stuffed Pretzel – Harambe Fruit Market

Probably a slightly odd choice for breakfast but it was a great little snack to share.

These pretzels have a nice little kick to them but are certainly not too hot. We are both pretty wimpy when it comes to really hot food so if we are OK with it then it must be pretty tame :thumbsup2

We also grabbed a Coke for DH and I picked up a Cappuccino from the Kusafiri Coffee Shop and then continued our tour of the park

4b71d629.jpg

DiVine

Just had to put this picture of ‘DiVine’ in here, isn’t she beautiful :)

Anyway, continuing on .....

2dc23a83-1.jpg

Yes you guessed it, time for a refreshment break, it was a hot day

da7f597f.jpg

A coke for DH and an ‘Lost On Safari’ for me

5b3b26c0.jpg

Lost On Safari – Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Bacardi Superior Rum & our refreshing Pangani punch

We also picked up some of these little treasures from the little snack cart opposite Tamu Tamu Refreshments

40349965.jpg

Cinnamon-glazed Almonds

These were totally delicious and a great snack to dip in and out of throughout the day popcorn::

Coming Up Next – Late Lunch At Sanaa

Another nice little collection of beverages update :cool1:

The waffle definitely looked as though it was crying out for whipped cream.

I need to add the pretzel to my must have list for August.

Mmmmh, Pretzel for breakfast! :thumbsup2

And the drink looks awesome ..... guess we will have to stop at the Dawa Bar in August! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!